Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 5,001 through 5,020 (of 6,415 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Proclaimer…….Yes, Sir Issac Newton, was a strong Religious Person, who deny the existence of the trinity. Robert Einstine said he thought he was the smartest human that ever lived,  also Michael Servetus was a strong religiuos and scientific person, he still is reguarded by medical Science as the one who discovered how Oxgen inters into the blood by our lunges,  to this very day in the medical community, he also was burnt at the stake by that murder “John Calvin” because of his artical ,  “Earrors of the trinity doctrine”.    He was around 80 years old when  the murder , John Calvin , had him burned.  “Trinitarians”,  today consider him as the great reformer of the  present protstant religion, but in actuality he was nothing  but a  cold blooded murder.

True science does not disagree with the true word of God. IMO.

Peace abd love to you and yours……….gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes gene. These great men of God explored that which God made.

Darkness is ignorance and they shed light on the truth and some paid the price of persecution imprisonment and even death.

To some degree I was persecuted by Trinitarians at a church I use to attend. These ignorant men love their own tradition and philosophy, even more than the truth too. They refuse correction when they are wrong. Possessed by a spirit of disobedience because they love other things more than the truth.

Jesus even said: “how long must I bear you”.

Proclaimer
    Participant

BTW @genebalthrop. What do you think of @mikeboll64 assertion that the bible teaches the earth is flat. His top two verses do not say such a thing and he has not offered another verse. At least @gadam123 admitted defeat regarding this.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Proclaimer: 1.  In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
    (Already created.)

Mike:  In your understanding, does Gen 1:1 mean that the entire heaven – complete with our earth, our moon, our sun, and billions of other stars – are already in existence?  Yes or No, please?

Proclaimer:  Yes, it seems that indeed the text says that. Then it says that the earth was formless and void, thus the existence of the earth then implies the existence of the heavens.

Gen 1:2… darkness was over the surface of the deep…

Proclaimer, if heaven and earth and sun were already in existence by the end of Gen 1:1, why was there darkness over the surface of the deep in Gen 1:2?

Berean
    Participant

Hi Mike

Proclaimer, if heaven and earth and sun were already in existence by the end of Gen 1:1, why was there darkness over the surface of the deep in Gen 1:2? 

God question Mike 👍

Proclaimer
    Participant

Proclaimer, if heaven and earth and sun were already in existence by the end of Gen 1:1, why was there darkness over the surface of the deep in Gen 1:2?

One possible explanation is the dense atmosphere. It blocked out light. Then as the atmosphere cleared, the sun’s light filtered through the watery / gaseous atmosphere allowing plants to live. Later in Day four, the atmosphere completely clears to the point that you could see the actual sun, moon, and stars. This also correlates with the scientific view. Not saying this is absolutely the case, but that truth ticks all the boxes. But admit that all the boxes being ticked doesn’t make something absolutely true. Your theories do not tick many boxes in science and the bible. So I do not give them much validity.

Another explanation is that darkness here means chaos or something similar and light means order. I know that morning and evening also have a meaning that is not quite the literal one you apply. And going back to light and darkness, we also see it can mean other things. Like “You are the light of the world” or “men preferred the darkness to the light because their deeds were evil”.

Some critical thinking is needed here Mike. Same goes for Jesus returning with a sword coming out of his mouth. A little critical thinking is all one needs with such verses. It will save such from looking foolish and pathetic. Finally, the wicked will not understand scripture. Their thoughts are carnal.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Does the Bible teach a solid dome?

Stop saying that the bible teaches a glass  or solid dome / firmament. It doesn’t. Firmament just means sky.

“And God said, Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.”

Ask yourself. Did the glass dome open up allowing birds to escape? Lol.

DEBUNK STATUS: Successful.
    EFFORT: Easy.

Proclaimer
    Participant

China’s Longjiang-2 and Queqiao satellites have photographed the Moon’s far side and the Earth in a single shot a number of times. There is speculation that China want to own the far side of the moon and then develop things there so the world cannot see. But Mike thinks that China is working with the US and all other countries with a space program to hide the flat earth from us. I challenge Mike to watch the video linked at the bottom of this post to see that China is not working with the US. They are an enemy who wants global domination. And the US is in the way. If the earth was flat and China exposed it, then people would lose faith in the US, which is something China is trying everything to do.

Moon-Earth

Proclaimer
    Participant

What is the firmament?

How did this bad boy come through the firmament. I have a theory. The firmament is open sky.

“And God said, Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.”

bad-boy

Proclaimer
    Participant

basketball

Proclaimer
    Participant

If the Earth is flat, then how come in reality, the blue latitude line is a shorter to traverse than the red latitude latitude line near the equator?

I bet no flat earther will explain it. They will ignore it and carry on with their lies.

lines

Proclaimer
    Participant

Flat Earther: Why not send average citizens into space so they can see the globe.

Okay.

This is James May from the British TV Show TOP GEAR aboard a Lockheed U-2 spy plane ascending to the edge of our atmosphere and witnessing the observable curvature of the earth from 70,000 feet. May, along with his copresenters Richard Hammond and Jeremy Clarkson, are journalists. Does this mean that journalists are covering up the flat earth too? Please try not to sound too stupid when answering this question.

Proclaimer
    Participant

@gadam123 @mikeboll64

Just checking if you have a new no 1 flat earth verse in the bible?

I figure you do not. But I guess I should check rather than assume this.

Let me know that the bible doesn’t teach a flat earth or provide a verse to prove your assertion.

Let’s get closure on this one.

Be humble.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Proclaimer,  yes it is both fearful and humbling to see and experience what God the Father has done, and does do.

Peace and love to you and yours Proclaimer…………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Proclaimer……..I always thought Mike had more sense then to believe in the Flat Earth garbage, i still think he does, but his pride just won’t let him admit it, I guess, or,  the boy got a major “glitch” in his brain? LOL   Still love Mike though, he has brought some thought provoking things to light here,  over the years.

Peace and love to you and yours Proclaimer…………gene

gadam123
    Participant

Bible Verses about Flat Earth
    What does the bible say about the flat earth theory? Although the theory of Earth being flat is not directly spoken about, some verses describe the potential shape of our planet. One verse mentions the “four corners of the earth” and could be interpreted as a flat earth. The following are such verses;

1. 1 Chronicles 16:30 Tremble before him, all the earth! The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved.
    2. 1 Samuel 2:8 He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; he seats them with princes and has them inherit a throne of honor. “For the foundations of the earth are the LORD’s; on them he has set the world.
    3. Isaiah 11:12 He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth.
    4. Isaiah 40:22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
    5. Job 26:7 He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing.
    6. Job 26:10 He marks out the horizon on the face of the waters for a boundary between light and darkness.
    7. Job 28:24 for he views the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens.
    8. Job 37:3 He unleashes his lightning beneath the whole heaven and sends it to the ends of the earth.
    9. Job 37:18 can you join him in spreading out the skies, hard as a mirror of cast bronze?
    10. Matthew 4:8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.
    11. Proverbs 8:27 I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,
    12. Psalms 75:3 When the earth and all its people quake, it is I who hold its pillars firm.
    13. Psalms 93:1 The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty; the LORD is robed in majesty and armed with strength; indeed, the world is established, firm and secure.
    14. Psalms 104:5 He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved.
    15. Revelation 7:1 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.
    gadam123
    Participant

Flat Earth?

The biblical evidence presented for a flat earth is fourfold and includes 1) the firmament, 2) the waters and the heavens above, 3) the earth being immovable, and 4) specific texts that supposedly refer to a flat earth are given below;

1. Firmament/Vault Texts

“And God said, ‘Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.’ So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. God called the vault ‘sky.’ And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day” (Gen 1:6–8, 14).[19]
      “Praise him, you highest heavens and you waters above the skies” (Ps 148:4).
      “But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water” (2 Pet 3:5).
      “He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in” (Isa 40:22).
      Other verses that support the notion of the heavens like a tent or canopy include Psalms 104:2–3, 19:4–5, 18:16 and 2 Samuel 22:16.

2. Foundation Texts

“In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands” (Ps 102:25; see also 104:2; 93:1).
      “He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD’S, and he hath set the world upon them” (1 Sam 2:8, KJV).
      “Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together (Isa 48:13; see also Zech 12:1).

3. Immovable Texts

“And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day” (Josh 10:13).
      “Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved (1 Chr 16:30, KJV).

4. Literal Flat Earth Texts

“And upon Elam will I bring the four winds from the four quarters of heaven, and will scatter them toward all those winds; and there shall be no nation whither the outcasts of Elam shall not come” (Jer 49:36, KJV).
      “Son of man, this is what the Sovereign LORD says to the land of Israel: “The end! The end has come upon the four corners of the land!”” (Ezek 7:2).
      “And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree” (Rev 7:1; 20:8).

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Proclaimer:  How did this bad boy come through the firmament. I have a theory. The firmament is open sky.

“And God said, Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.”

You mean the giant sinkhole in your image?  Sinkholes happen all the time on the earth.  Nothing needs to come through the firmament to cause them.  Just because you’ve BEEN TOLD that this sinkhole is a “meteor blast” or whatever does not change the fact that it is, indeed, a sinkhole.

As for Genesis 1:20, try a better translation…

Douay-Rheims Bible
    God also said: Let the waters bring forth the creeping creature having life, and the fowl that may fly over the earth under the firmament of heaven.

The mistaken KJV translation was corrected in the NKJV…

King James Bible
    And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

New King James Version
    Then God said, “Let the waters abound with an abundance of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the firmament of heaven.”

Here are a couple of commentators on the matter…

Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges

[in the open firmament of heaven] This rendering scarcely reproduces the sense of the Hebrew words, which literally mean “in the face of,” or “over against, the firmament of heaven.” The idea is that winged things are to fly “above” the earth, and “in front of” the vault of heaven… the flight of winged things shall be in mid air, “in front,” as it were, of the solid “firmament of heaven,” …

Keil and Delitzsch Biblical Commentary on the Old Testament

The Fifth Day. – “God said: Let the waters swarm with swarms, with living beings, and let birds fly above the earth in the face (the front, i.e., the side turned towards the earth) of the firmament.”

And here is the Hebrew text…

Screenshot (412)

Birds fly ABOVE the DRY LAND, AGAINST the FACE of THE FIRMAMENT of HEAVEN.  They don’t fly IN the firmament… nor does the Hebrew text say that they do.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Mike:  Proclaimer, if heaven and earth and sun were already in existence by the end of Gen 1:1, why was there darkness over the surface of the deep in Gen 1:2?

Proclaimer:  One possible explanation is the dense atmosphere. It blocked out light.  

You say that earth and heaven (including the sun, moon, and stars) were created by the end of Gen 1:1.

You suggest that despite the sun existing, a dense atmosphere kept the surface of the earth in darkness.

Okay, so when God said, “Let there be light” and separated the light from the darkness, what actually happened to make light reach the earth and break up the darkness?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,001 through 5,020 (of 6,415 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account