Firstborn of/over all creation

Viewing 20 posts - 841 through 860 (of 3,677 total)
  • Author
    Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 24 2014,00:37)
    Adam…….this is the way I understand it, the spirit of Christ , can be said as the spirit of the anointing, because the word  Christ comes from the word CHRISTO'S meaning the ANOINTING  Spirit of GOD. Jesus himself is not the CHRISTOS he is the ANOINTED ONE, who has the CHRISTOS or ANOINTING SPIRIT of GOD on HIM. So The spirit of Christ is the anointing spirit of God. The Spirit he received at the Jordan River. IT is the same spirit that we also can receive . IMO

Peace nab love to you and yours………………………..gene

Gene B,

I can see where you are coming from.
    But the Word of God was anointed in heaven, when He was send down to earth to be born in the flesh.

I know that you dont believe that the Word is alive.
    A living Word of God.
    A living being that created all things;after God brought Him forth. Can not depend on human logic.

He was anointed before the world was; God has chosen Him already.
    He was anointed in heaven first; and then send down
    to earth as the anointed.(yes;His name is not Christ).

He was made flesh because He was the anointed.
    The Word of God always have the spirit of truth in him.
    Always.

It is possible for God to bring forth his own Word;and gave Him a form, God can do this. some call this nonsense,
    because the human mind can not rap around this.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ May 23 2014,21:03)

Quote (terraricca @ May 23 2014,23:35)

Quote (gadam123 @ May 23 2014,17:28)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 23 2014,11:24)
    Hi MB,
    Jesus did not exist so no.
    Did you mean Jesus Christ?

The Spirit in him spoke

The Spirit came from heaven.

The Spirit is of God not a sentient being.

Hello brother Nick,
    I always get confused with 'Spirit of Christ' and 'Spirit of God' by this verses in Rom 8:
    9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life[d] because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of[e] his Spirit who lives in you.

gadam123

welcome,

what is the spirit of Christ ???

what is the spirit of God ???

any idea ???

Yes, I have an idea:

The spirit of Christ, is the Word of God that Jesus obeyed unto death on the cross, and so, it is the spirit of the Son, the Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit of God our Father.

Here is the scripture to support this statement:

2Jo 1:9
    Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

And so, here the spirit of Christ is called the doctrine of Christ, and Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost is the Spirit of God our Father.  If you have the spirit of Christ, you also have the Spirit of God your Father, but if not, you are none of His.

There is only one way for us to be reconciled to God our Father and that is to believe the Word of God with a repentant heart.  No man comes to the Father except through the Son.  And unless the Word of God that has been sown by the sower in your heart, and you have believed it with a repentant heart, you have not received the Spirit of the Father, and Spirit of The Father, the Holy Ghost or Spirit, does not dwell anyone who is not keeping the commandment that have to us through the Son.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

you have impress me ,with this answer good thinking ,yes that is the truth ,and the spirit of truth what is also called the holy spirit is the truth for us to be saved ,and we cannot be saved unless we obey and submit to it ,so that we become one with his will ,and so become holy just as the spirit coming from God is holy ,

well done my friend :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gadam,
    You say
    “I always get confused with 'Spirit of Christ' and 'Spirit of God' by this verses in Rom 8:
    9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life[d] because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of[e] his Spirit who lives in you. “

The Spirit is one.

Eph 4
    I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

However within the one Spirit there is the Spirit of Christ and the Spirit of God and many individual manifestations of the Spirit such as the gifts[1Cor 12] and the fruit[gal5]

Acts 3:20
    And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Galatians 4:6
    And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Luke 11:13
    If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Jesus made plain that the Spirit of the Father will also be sent to his brothers, the Spirit of truth

John 15:26
    But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Matthew 10:20
    For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

All are one in the Holy Spirit

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GD,
    Jn14
    23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GD,
    And the Spirit spoke through Jesus showing the aspects of the Spirit to their total confusion.
    Jn8

40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?

49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.

51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Jn5
    30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.

34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.

35 He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.

36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

John 10:30
    I and the Father are one.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GD,.
    Jn16
    28 I came forth from the Father and have come into the world; I am leaving the world again and going to the Father.”

Jn8
    John 8:42
    Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me.

The Word that was with God and was God proceeded from and came forth from the Father.

Men get confused when they only see the flesh man and try to understand what is spoken by the Spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all…….the word was GOD the FATHER who was “IN” the flesh man Jesus, and can be in us also, in the exact same way.

Jesus was not sent from GOD the Father until the WORD ( GOD) came to dwell in him at the Jordan River Jesus was a human being who came into existence by his human. Berth on this earth through Mary.

We need to come to understand who is doing the speaking , is it the flesh man. Jesus or the spirit of God that was in him speaking “through” him.

“Who so ever has ears to hear let him hear what the “SPIRIT” is saying.”

Peace and love to you all…………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    You say
    “The spirit of Christ, is the Word of God that Jesus obeyed unto death on the cross, and so, it is the spirit of the Son, the Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit of God our Father.”

Certainly the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of sonship, is the SERVANT Spirit.
    God does not serve Himself but those in the Spirit of Christ do.

That Spirit of Christ or Word was with God and was God in the beginning

Jn5
    John 5:30
    I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Isaiah 42:1
    Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Matthew 12:18
    Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    “There is only one way for us to be reconciled to God our Father and that is to believe the Word of God with a repentant heart.  No man comes to the Father except through the Son.  And unless the Word of God that has been sown by the sower in your heart, and you have believed it with a repentant heart, you have not received the Spirit of the Father, and Spirit of The Father, the Holy Ghost or Spirit, does not dwell anyone who is not keeping the commandment that have to us through the Son.”

Of course God requires obedience to the command to be reborn of water and the Spirit

The same reconciliation we receive we can offer to others
    2Cor 5

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    “And so, here the spirit of Christ is called the doctrine of Christ, and Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost is the Spirit of God our Father. If you have the spirit of Christ, you also have the Spirit of God your Father, but if not, you are none of His.”

The Word speaks through the scriptures and the Spirit reminds us of what is written

John 14:26
    But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Spirit of Christ is one with the Spirit of the Father
    Jn 17.21

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB.
    1Cor 8
    6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

WE IN HIM-God the Father, the Creator, has allowed us to be one with him in the Spirit.

WE BY HIM-Jesus Christ, the instrument used by God to enable our reconciliation and that of all things.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 24 2014,09:37)
    Hi 94,
    “There is only one way for us to be reconciled to God our Father and that is to believe the Word of God with a repentant heart.  No man comes to the Father except through the Son.  And unless the Word of God that has been sown by the sower in your heart, and you have believed it with a repentant heart, you have not received the Spirit of the Father, and Spirit of The Father, the Holy Ghost or Spirit, does not dwell anyone who is not keeping the commandment that have to us through the Son.”

Of course God requires obedience to the command to be reborn of water and the Spirit

The same reconciliation we receive we can offer to others
    2Cor 5

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

If one has truly repented, then the works of obedience will follow, but I do not believe that water baptism is what Jesus meant by being born of water, but born of living water which is the Word of God.

I do believe that someone who has repented will obey the commandment of the Lord including water baptism.

Jesus discussing water with the Samaritan woman said this:

Jhn 4:10
    Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Jesus said this:

6:63
    It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

1Pe 1:18
    Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

1Pe 1:19
    But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

1Pe 1:20
    Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

1Pe 1:21
    Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

1Pe 1:22

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

1Pe 1:23
    Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 24 2014,09:45)
    Hi 94,
    “And so, here the spirit of Christ is called the doctrine of Christ, and Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost is the Spirit of God our Father.  If you have the spirit of Christ, you also have the Spirit of God your Father, but if not, you are none of His.”

The Word speaks through the scriptures and the Spirit reminds us of what is written

John 14:26
    But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Spirit of Christ is one with the Spirit of the Father
    Jn 17.21

Hi Nick:

John 17:21 does not say that the Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of the Father.

He said the he was in the Father and the Father was in him, and he is talking about spirit. His spirit is in the Father, the Word of God that he obeyed is definitely in the Father. The Word of God came from God the Father, and Jesus is the express image of God's person, and the Father is in him. He said in John 14 that it was the Father dwelling in him that was doing the works.

And he, Jesus was praying in that scripture that we would be one with him and the Father, and the spirit of Christ, dwells within us if we are obeying the Word of God, and if we have been born again, we have received the Holy Ghost or at least I have, and this is the Spirit of God our Father.

The scripture that I quoted from 2 John 1 states that if we are obeying the doctrine of Christ, we have both the Son and the Father. Both means two does it not? The Father is one, and the Son is one. They are not the same person. The Son has become like the Father in character through obedience to His Word.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 23 2014,11:23)

Quote (942767 @ May 22 2014,11:27)
    Jesus is a created being?  Where is the scripture that supports this statement?

Revelation 3:14 NWT
    And to the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ce′a write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God……

Micah 5:2 NIV
    “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
       though you are small among the clans of Judah,
    out of you will come for me
       one who will be ruler over Israel,
    whose origins are from of old,
       from ancient times
    .”

Proverbs 8 NET Bible
    8:22 The LORD created me as the beginning of his works, before his deeds of long ago.

8:24 When there were no deep oceans I was born, when there were no springs overflowing with water;

8:25 before the mountains were set in place – before the hills – I was born………

Colossians 1 KJV
    15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Just think about that last one for a minute, Marty.  The word “For”, that I underlined in verse 16, is the Greek word “hoti”.  It means “because”, or “since”.

The teaching is that Jesus HAS TO HAVE BEEN the first one created, SINCE all those other things, in heaven and on earth, were created THROUGH him.

Those things couldn't possibly have been created THROUGH Jesus, unless Jesus was created FIRST.

These teachings are all right there in the scriptures for anyone to read, Marty.  I even quoted from four different translations, to show you that all of them teach these same things.

And if we add the verse Nick has been avoiding like the plague to the list, 1 Cor 8:6, we learn that the very same “all things” that came FROM God also came THROUGH our Lord Jesus Christ.

So if LITERALLY “all things” came FROM God, then LITERALLY “all things” also came THROUGH Jesus.

This stuff really isn't that hard.  I mean, it's all right there in the scriptures.

Quote (942767 @ May 22 2014,11:27)
    And what does the following scripture mean when it states that born of you shall be called the Son of God or what does it mean that “He was conceived of the Holy Ghost”?  If he was already the Son of God prior to becoming flesh than why these scriptures that state that he will be conceived of the Holy Ghost and born and be called “The Son of God” or “The Son of the Hightest”.

I've just answered this for Nick, Marty.  I gave him this analogy:

Imagine that God decided to have His angel Gabriel come to earth and be born of a human woman named “Helen”.

When God placed Gabriel in Helen's womb, to develop naturally like any other child, what would we call it?  Couldn't we say that Gabriel was “conceived” in the womb of Helen?  Could another angel tell Helen that the child within her was conceived of the Holy Spirit, and that he would be called “Son of the Most High”?  Of course.

But which one of these things would PROHIBIT Gabriel from having already existed as a spirit son of God in heaven for eons BEFORE he was born of Helen on earth?

NONE OF THEM, Marty.

Through the power of God, we can be BORN again, and CREATED anew.  So don't you think God could also cause one of His spirit sons to be CONCEIVED in a human womb – even though that son had already existed for a long time?

Hi Mike:

And so, the scripture form colossians states that Jesus was the firstborn of all of creation.

And the scriptures that you claim support that this means that he was born before anything else was created, but those scriptures state that he created before all things.

But does “firstborn” mean “born” or does it mean created?

He is the first person ever to be born of God, and he is the firstborn as God's heir, and God has forseen all things prior to beginning to create the heavens and the earth and everything that would inhabit them.

And so, yes he was foreordained to come forth into this world as the savior of God's children from before the world began. It was God's plan to conceive a Son in the way that HE did.

He is the “last Adam”, what God intends for the first Adam, to become in this world through obeience to His Word with God as His Father, and to live with Him eternally in the new heaven and the new earth to come.

God created all things with this in mind before he began to create, and this is is what is mean by God creating all things by him, not that Jesus was there with hin in the beginning and actually, litterally using him to create all things.

Genesis 1 states God created the heavens and the earth, and tells us of everything else that he created. Nothing is said about Jesus being the creator or that Jesus was obeying God and actually doing the creating.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Ho 94,
    You say
    “John 17:21 does not say that the Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of the Father.

He said the he was in the Father and the Father was in him, and he is talking about spirit. “

True they are one in the Spirit.

“His spirit is in the Father, the Word of God that he obeyed is definitely in the Father.”

Yes they are in one Spirit.

” The Word of God came from God the Father, and Jesus is the express image of God's person, and the Father is in him. He said in John 14 that it was the Father dwelling in him that was doing the works.”

Yes the Spirit did the works and the Spirit of Christ is the servant aspect of the Holy Spirit serving God in that Spirit. You mean Jesus CHRIST of course

“And he, Jesus was praying in that scripture that we would be one with him and the Father, and the spirit of Christ, dwells within us if we are obeying the Word of God, and if we have been born again, we have received the Holy Ghost or at least I have, and this is the Spirit of God our Father.”

Yes if we have obeyed the command to be born again of water and the Spirit and have received the blessing.

THEY will come to us[Jn 14.23]

The scripture that I quoted from 2 John 1 states that if we are obeying the doctrine of Christ, we have both the Son and the Father. Both means two does it not? The Father is one, and the Son is one. They are not the same person. The Son has become like the Father in character through obedience to His Word.

gadam123
    Participant

Hello brothers Gene and Nick,
    I appreciate your detailed responses to my post. You say that Spirit of Christ is none but God's Spirit. I agree. But as long as you don't support Trinitarian concepts it is very difficult to say God's Spirit and Jesus(Christ) Spirit one and the same because both of ou ybelieve that God and Jesus are two different personalities. NT even mentions 'spirit of Jesus' as well as 'spirit of his(God's) son'. This is reason why I get confused with these two words. Also please note if God and Jesus are two different personalities then there should be two different spirits. I hope you will clarify me.
    Love to you….Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gadam,
    Not one and the same but of the same source and united.
    Read again

gadam123
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 24 2014,17:30)
    Hi Gadam,
    Not one and the same but of the same source and united.
    Read again

Sorry could not follow that…whether Jesus' spirit and God's spirit same?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi gadam,
    Not the same .
    The Word is the Spirit of Christ-of and one with the Spirit of God

Viewing 20 posts - 841 through 860 (of 3,677 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account