False gods/idols vrs the one true god

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 279 total)
  • Author

Just a few scriptures out of the hundreds that declare that God only is God and all others are so-called or idols born in the idolatrous hearts of the Polytheistic minds of men.

And have cast their gods into the fire: FOR THEY WERE NO GODS, but the work of men's hands, wood and stone: therefore they have destroyed them. Isa 37:19

They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, YE ARE OURGODS. Isa 42:17

And I will utter my judgments against them touching all their wickedness, who have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, AND WORSHIPPED THE WORKS OF THEIR OWN HANDS. Jer 1:16

Hath a nation changed their gods, WHICH ARE YET NO GODS? but my people have changed their glory for that which doth not profit.  Jer 2:11

But where are thy gods THAT THOU HAST MADE THEE? let them arise, if they can save thee in the time of thy trouble: for according to the number of thy cities are thy gods, O Judah. Jer 2:28

How shall I pardon thee for this? thy children have forsaken me, and sworn by THEM THAT ARE NO GODS: when I had fed them to the full, they then committed adultery, and assembled themselves by troops in the harlots' houses. Jer 5:7

Then shall the cities of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem go, and cry unto the gods unto whom they offer incense: BUT THEY SHALL NOT SAVE THEM AT ALL IN THE TIME OF THEIR TROUBLE. Jer 11:12

SHALL A MAN MAKE GODS UNTO HIMSELF, AND THEY ARE NO GODS? Jer 16:20

Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which BY NATURE ARE NO GODS.

Repent of your belief in other gods!

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 07 2013,22:29)
    Just a few scriptures out of the hundreds that declare that God only is God and all others are so-called or idols born in the idolatrous hearts of the Polytheistic minds of men.

And have cast their gods into the fire: FOR THEY WERE NO GODS, but the work of men's hands, wood and stone: therefore they have destroyed them. Isa 37:19

They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, YE ARE OURGODS. Isa 42:17

And I will utter my judgments against them touching all their wickedness, who have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, AND WORSHIPPED THE WORKS OF THEIR OWN HANDS. Jer 1:16

Hath a nation changed their gods, WHICH ARE YET NO GODS? but my people have changed their glory for that which doth not profit.  Jer 2:11

But where are thy gods THAT THOU HAST MADE THEE? let them arise, if they can save thee in the time of thy trouble: for according to the number of thy cities are thy gods, O Judah. Jer 2:28

How shall I pardon thee for this? thy children have forsaken me, and sworn by THEM THAT ARE NO GODS: when I had fed them to the full, they then committed adultery, and assembled themselves by troops in the harlots' houses. Jer 5:7

Then shall the cities of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem go, and cry unto the gods unto whom they offer incense: BUT THEY SHALL NOT SAVE THEM AT ALL IN THE TIME OF THEIR TROUBLE. Jer 11:12

SHALL A MAN MAKE GODS UNTO HIMSELF, AND THEY ARE NO GODS? Jer 16:20

Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which BY NATURE ARE NO GODS.

Repent of your belief in other gods!

WJ

WJ

Isa 44:6 “This is what the LORD says—
    Israel’s King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty:
    I am the first and I am the last;
    apart from me there is no God.(IF THEIR WOULD BE ONE HE IS UNDER MY POWERS )
    Isa 44:7 Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it.
    Let him declare and lay out before me
    what has happened since I established my ancient people,
    and what is yet to come—
    yes, let him foretell what will come.

IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THAT SCRIPTURE THEN YOU SEE HOW GOD ALMIGHTY TELLING TO YOU AND ME AND ANYONE THAT WANT TO LISTEN TO IT , “” NO ONE LIKE HIM “

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 07 2013,22:02)

Quote (david @ Sep. 03 2013,18:29)

To human Israelites, the judges were gods, mighty ones.  To angels, of course these judges weren't mighty ones, or gods.  
    Was it Moses that was made a god (mighty one) to pharaoh?  Yet, is Moses a god to Jesus?

David

Exactly, and to true monotheistic believers they are not gods at all, but only gods made in the minds of men who believe in them or worship them.

WJ

No, David, Keith, God called the judges “gods”, but unless I have missed something, the Israelites did not call them “gods” but judges.

If I am wrong David, Please show me where the people called the judges gods or individually “a god”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Hi Mike:

Maybe the following scripture will help:

Psalm 96:4 For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;
       he is to be feared above all gods.
    5 For all the gods of the nations are idols,
       but the Lord made the heavens.

6 Splendor and majesty are before him;
       strength and glory are in his sanctuary.

And so, that eliminates the gods of the nations, they are false gods, even though to the nations worshipped them as gods.

Any one or anything can be “a god” to the people or to an individual, including Satan, but they are not gods at all. There is Only One True God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 08 2013,01:39)
    Hi Mike:

Maybe the following scripture will help:

Psalm 96:4 For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;
       he is to be feared above all gods.
    5 For all the gods of the nations are idols,
       but the Lord made the heavens.

6 Splendor and majesty are before him;
       strength and glory are in his sanctuary.

And so, that eliminates the gods of the nations, they are false gods, even though to the nations worshipped them as gods.

Any one or anything can be “a god” to the people or to an individual, including Satan, but they are not gods at all.  There is Only One True God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

mARTY

YOU still do not get it ;you are fighty your own ignorance ;

what you are saying is that THERE HIS NO MIGHTY ONES ,IN THIS WORLD ;

SO WHY YOU DO SOMETHING TO SHOW ME LIKE TRY TO GO ,TO THE PRIME MINISTER IN CANADA AND TELL HE IS A FAKE ,HE NOT A MIGHTY ONE OF THIS COUNTRY ,DO YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO GO AND TELL HIM ????

I KNOW YOU WOULD NOT DO IT UNLESS YOU ARE DUMM ,WE ALL KNOW HE RUNS WITH THE POWER OF HIS TITLE ,

BUT HE MAY RUN CANADA BUT NOT THE HEAVEN ,AND HIS FUTURE RUN IN AN ELECTION ,AND HIS DREAM ARE GONE ,THERE ARE MANY MIGHTY ONES LIKE HIM IN THE WORLD ,ALWAYS HAVE BEEN SINS CORRUPTION IN EDEN ,AND BEFORE CORRUPTION THE ANGELS WHERE MIGHTY ONES UNDER GOD COMMAND ,SATAN ONLY REBEL AND THEN MADE IT A FORCE AGAINST THE ALMIGHTY CREATOR ;THIS IS WHAT STARTED THE DIVISION BECAUSE THE LIAR ,WANTED TO BECOME A MIGHTY ONE ABOVE ALL CREATION BUT COULD NOT SEEK THE FOR THE TOP JOB ,NOT ENOUGH QUALIFICATION :D

ARE ALL THOSE MIGHTY ONES FALSE ??? NO ,IDOLS ARE IMAGES USED TO AS AN INTERMEDIATE TO THOSE ANGELIQUE MIGHTY ,

BUT NOW WHEN YOU SAY THAT THOSE MIGHTY ONE ARE LIFE GIVERS ,OR ARE THE OWNERS OF JEHOVAH GOD THIS IS WERE THINGS CHANGE DIRECTION ,”NOW I AGREE THOSE PRETEND ARE FALSE AND LIES ,BECAUSE THEIR IS ONLY ONE ALMIGHTY GOD JEHOVAH THAT CAN,WILL, DELIVERY THOSE GIFTS,

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 08 2013,00:58)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 07 2013,22:02)

Quote (david @ Sep. 03 2013,18:29)

To human Israelites, the judges were gods, mighty ones.  To angels, of course these judges weren't mighty ones, or gods.  
    Was it Moses that was made a god (mighty one) to pharaoh?  Yet, is Moses a god to Jesus?

David

Exactly, and to true monotheistic believers they are not gods at all, but only gods made in the minds of men who believe in them or worship them.

WJ

No, David, Keith, God called the judges “gods”, but unless I have missed something, the Israelites did not call them “gods” but judges.

If I am wrong David, Please show me where the people called the judges gods or individually “a god”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

marty

god =mighty people =people with powers ;try to understand the word” god” is a latecomer this word did exist in the time of Israel

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 07 2013,04:56)
    How is it that Manasseh was able to take the strange gods and throw them out of the city if they were real gods?

It’s because the gods were the works of mans own hands which had no power or life.

Yes Keith, many of the “gods” mentioned in scripture are “no gods at all”.  (Notice that scripture never calls these man-made idols “false gods”, but instead, “no gods at all”.)

I've always loved Isaiah 44, where Jehovah speaks in bewilderment about how a man can cut down a tree he didn't even plant or make grow, burn half of it in a fire to warm his supper, and then fashion an idol out what's left!  He says to the work of his hands, “You are my God!  Save me!  Protect me!”  :)

But scripture testifies to the existence of other LIVING BEINGS who are also called gods by Jehovah, Jesus, Moses, and a score of inspired writers of scripture.

What does David mean in Psalm 29, where he says, “Worship Him all you gods”?  Can a man-made idol worship Jehovah?   ???

How about when he says that Jehovah made mankind a little lower than the gods?  Were we made a little lower than man-made idols?   ???

So don't go out of your way to find scriptures that are clearly talking about MAN-MADE gods, Keith.  Because the discussion is about the living, breathing gods who were made by Jehovah – not by man.

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 07 2013,04:56)
    You still have not shown any scriptural example of supernatural acts of the gods of the people have you?

Are you blind, Keith?  (Stupid question, since I've known for years that you are.  :) )

Is Satan called a god in scripture?  YES.

Did Satan display supernatural powers over Sabeans, Chaldeans, mighty winds, fire from heaven, and the physiology of Job?  YES.

This is really not that hard, fellas.  Just let go of your own wishes, and BELIEVE the scriptures for a change.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 07 2013,05:45)

Quote (david @ Sep. 03 2013,18:37)

Again, I can say that my life long friend of 20 years is my “only true friend,” but in fact I have 10 close friends.

David

It would be nice to see the reaction of all your friends faces if they were in the same room and you said to one of them “you are my ONLY True friend”. :D

Just how would they understand you?

Your theology has to place importance only on the word “True” (adjective), I focus on the word “Only” (adverb) the word or phrase that modifies or qualifies the adjective, “True'.

Even so, the Bible doesn't only say “Only True God”, but the Lord has given us other terms to clarify he is God and there is no other god.

What about the word “ONE”?

Seeing it is ONE GOD, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. ROMANS 3:30

AND THAT THERE IS NONE OTHER GOD BUT ONE. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. 1 CORINTHIANS 8:4-6

FOR THERE IS ONE GOD, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. 1 TIMOTHY 2:5

Thou believest that THERE IS ONE GOD; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. James 2:19

Therefore we can say that scripturally there is “Only One True God” and there are no other gods in all the earth. That is Monotheism which is what the Jews came to believe.

And he returned to the man of God, he and all his company, and came, and stood before him: and he said, Behold, now I know that THERE IS NO GOD IN ALL THE EARTH, BUT IN ISRAEL; now therefore, I pray thee, take a blessing of thy servant.  2 Kings 5:15

WJ

If you have one true friend, you have more than your share. – Thomas Fuller (1608-1661)

There's even a song by Bette Midler called “One True Friend”.  :)

Keith, you are outgunned here.  Give up the fight.

And I still find it both amusing and perplexing that you quote all of these “one God” scriptures that clearly describe Jesus as someone OTHER THAN that “one God”.  :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 07 2013,06:20)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 04 2013,17:05)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 03 2013,06:13)
    The difference between us is I believe the scriptures that says “there is no god but one” while you have a Polytheistic view that says there are more than one God.

And who exactly does scripture say that “one God” is, Keith?  Father and Son?  Or just “one God, the Father”?  (Please don't address this part of my post – for this is not the thread for it.

Mike

I will address your point because this thread is about there being only ‘One True God” and all other gods are not gods at all, but only the creation of men.

Actually, you DIDN'T address the point at all.  :)  But that's okay, because this isn't the thread for it anyway.

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 07 2013,06:20)
    There is no clearer statement in scripture than Paul's words which declare that he is a Monotheist…

“THERE IS NO GOD BUT ONE”

Paul makes this statement to clarify his view before he goes on to say “there are those who are Called god”, acknowledging that to men there are other gods but to us there is One God.

No sir.  Paul is saying that although there do indeed exist many gods, both in heaven and on earth, we Christians have only one of them as our own God.  That one is the Father, and the Father alone, Keith.

I am aligned with Paul and the rest of scripture because I realize there do indeed exist many gods.  But the only God I HAVE is the Father.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 07 2013,10:10)
    I know what the scriptures teach, and I have given you my understanding of how God calls his children and angels “gods”.

So God calls His angels gods, but you don't BELIEVE Him? Is that it?

Marty, Jehovah is the God of gods. Do you suppose that these angels are some of the gods Jehovah is the God of?

Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 08 2013,10:41)

I know what the scriptures teach, and I have given you my understanding of how God calls his children and angels “gods”.

So God calls His angels gods, but you don't BELIEVE Him?  Is that it?

Marty, Jehovah is the God of gods.  Do you suppose that these angels are some of the gods Jehovah is the God of?

Hi Mike:

I have already told why God called them “gods”, and He said that there was no God but Him, and so, I have explained to you that he called them “gods” as his representatives.  They are not literally gods or a god.

I am a son of God also, and I am being made in his image, and I am a partaker of his divine nature, but no, I am not a god.  And Jesus did not claim to be God, but he said that he was the Son of God. 

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 08 2013,05:59)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 08 2013,10:41)

So God calls His angels gods, but you don't BELIEVE Him?  Is that it?

Marty, Jehovah is the God of gods.  Do you suppose that these angels are some of the gods Jehovah is the God of?

Hi Mike:

I have already told why God called them “gods”, and He said that there was no God but Him, and so, I have explained to you that he called them “gods” as his representatives.  They are not literally gods or a god.

I am a son of God also, and I am being made in his image, and I am a partaker of his divine nature, but no, I am not a god.  And Jesus did not claim to be God, but he said that he was the Son of God. 

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

I am a son of God also, and I am being made in his image, and I am a partaker of his divine nature,

I have to correct your view ;

I (SELF ASSIGNED)TO BE “A SON OF GOD, AND I (SELF ASSIGNED) BEING MADE IN HIS IMAGE ,AND I (SELF ASSIGNED) AM A PARTAKER OF HIS DIVINE NATURE;

this is your dream into the views of your religion web,the master of them IS not THE FATHER OF TRUTH BUT THE FATHER OF LIARS ,

SHOW ME SCRIPTURES THAT YOUR CLAIM IS GENUINE ,YOU CANNOT ,IF YOU COULD YOU WOULD A GOD RIGHT NOW .PERFECT IN ACTIONS,AND IN TRUTH ,FOR BEING GUIDE BY THE HOLY SPIRIT OF TRUTH ,AND YOU WOULD ,COULD TALK LIKE NO OTHER BECAUSE OF YOUR SPECIAL GIFT FROM THE FATHER ,””” JUST LIKE PAUL,PETER,JOHN ,AS EXPL;”””

BUT YOU DO NOT ,YOU ARE FULL OF DECEIT AND CONTRADICTION IN YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING ,REJECTING THE FUNDAMENTALS OF FIRST RULE TO LIFE ;” CHRIST SAID ;;BELIEVE WHAT I SAY “”

Lightenup
    Participant

Here is some background music for this thread as ya'll go round and round.

Enjoy!

Lightenup
    Participant

Who is called 'OUR' theos?? Isn't that what matters?

Our theos = our Father and Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus said “I and the Father are ONE!”
    1 + 1 = 1
    Is that:
    1a + 1b = 1c
    hmmmmm…

I know that goes against the linear Greek way of thinking but…Jesus wasn't speaking Greek here.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 08 2013,08:29)

Enjoy!

kathy

and you came and join the merry go round :D :D :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 08 2013,08:36)
    Who is called 'OUR' theos?? Isn't that what matters?

Our theos = our Father and Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus said “I and the Father are ONE!”
    1 + 1 = 1
    Is that:
    1a + 1b = 1c
    hmmmmm…

I know that goes against the linear Greek way of thinking but…Jesus wasn't speaking Greek here.

kathy

still stuck in your web ,???

candy's come in wrappers ,do not eat the wrapper just the candy ,even if you think their ARE ONE CANDY

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    You are still denying the special God unity of Father and Son…

God (in the fullest sense) = Our Father and Lord Jesus Christ together with their Spirit

1 John 2:22
    Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 07 2013,21:39)

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 08 2013,08:29)

Enjoy!

kathy

and you came and join the merry go round  :D  :D  :D

I'm just one of those amused spectators watching you go in circles…smile for the camera, Pierre! :D

BTW, who is said to be 'our God' in 2 Peter 1:1?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 08 2013,08:58)
    Pierre,
    You are still denying the special God unity of Father and Son…

God (in the fullest sense) = Our Father and Lord Jesus Christ together with their Spirit

1 John 2:22
    Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

kathy

sorry but we went through all this again and again ,nice seen you ,but i know your views ,and i know them to wrong ,so this is the cut off line ,

on this ” commodity of your union ”

have patience ,and see if you were right when the judgment falls on all of us ???

as for me I will stay to what the entire scriptures are saying about my God and Christ ,and anyone that believed and follow them ,

you are convinced in your very own mind of those truths ,SO LIVE BY THEM “”

because you will also be judged by them as well ,

Lightenup
    Participant

Too bad Pierre that you can't see what I see and the Christian commentators see as well as the majority that call themselves Christians (you know, those who believe in the deity of Christ).

Peter calls Jesus “our God and Savior, Jesus Christ” in 2 Peter 1:1
    Peter identifies Jehovah of hosts from Isaiah 8 as Jesus in 1 Peter 2 and 3.
    Jesus is Jehovah our Righteousness from Jeremiah 23:6
    Jesus is God with God in John 1:1
    Jesus is the only begotten God in John 1:18
    Jesus is the Lord of lords, Jehovah is the Lord of lords
    Jesus is the First and the Last, Jehovah is the First and the Last
    and on and on…

as for me I will stay to what the entire scriptures are saying about my God and Christ

So, you must have missed those scriptures, Pierre.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account