False gods/idols vrs the one true god

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 279 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 08 2013,09:49)
    Too bad Pierre that you can't see what I see and the Christian commentators see as well as the majority that call themselves Christians (you know, those who believe in the deity of Christ).

Peter calls Jesus “our God and Savior, Jesus Christ” in 2 Peter 1:1
    Peter identifies Jehovah of hosts from Isaiah 8 as Jesus in 1 Peter 2 and 3.
    Jesus is Jehovah our Righteousness from Jeremiah 23:6
    Jesus is God with God in John 1:1
    Jesus is the only begotten God in John 1:18
    Jesus is the Lord of lords, Jehovah is the Lord of lords
    Jesus is the First and the Last, Jehovah is the First and the Last
    and on and on…

as for me I will stay to what the entire scriptures are saying about my God and Christ

So, you must have missed those scriptures, Pierre.

katy

believe me I did not mist any thing in scriptures THAT GOD TRUTH AS GIVEN ME ,INCLUDING WHAT EVER SCRIPTURES YOU CAN QUOTE ,i ALSO HAVE SHOWN YOU MY ANSWER TO YOUR ” LORD OF LORDS AND GOD OF GODS ,BUT YOU ONLY BELIEVE YOUR RELIGION ,NOT SCRIPTURES ;ITS YOUR LIFE NOT MINE i BELIEVE THE SCRIPTURES i HATE RELIGION ,THE FATHER OF LIES HIS THE FATHER OF RELIGION ;SATAN THE ADVERSARY TO MY GOD AND CHRIST;I HATE THE CHAINS THEY PUT ON PEOPLE TO DECEIVED THEM ,

Lightenup
    Participant

Well, Pierre, you can try to continue to deny the deity of Christ and that salvation is a free gift, not something you earn. However, don't call what you believe as truth.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 08 2013,10:06)
    Well, Pierre, you can try to continue to deny the deity of Christ and that salvation is a free gift, not something you earn. However, don't call what you believe as truth.

kathy

if i was wrong ,i am sure you would not use deceit to try to convince me but GOD SCRIPTURAL TRUTH WORD, AND DIFFINETLY NOT YOUR OWN CONCEPTS AND COMPOSITION   :D  :D  :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 07 2013,13:39)
    Hi Mike:

Maybe the following scripture will help:

Psalm 96:4 For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;
       he is to be feared above all gods.
    5 For all the gods of the nations are idols,
       but the Lord made the heavens.

6 Splendor and majesty are before him;
       strength and glory are in his sanctuary.

And so, that eliminates the gods of the nations, they are false gods, even though to the nations worshipped them as gods.

You are right, Marty.  That scripture should help.

First, for verse 4, the NETNote is:  Or perhaps “and feared by all gods.” See Ps 89:7.

So verse 4 could be saying that Jehovah is feared by all the other gods.

Secondly, the word “idol” is nowhere in the Hebrew text of verse 5.  The word is “elilim”, which means “worthless (thing)”.

So verse 5, according to the Hebrew text says that the gods of the nations are worthless………. not that they're “idols”.

And finally, the LXX, which was produced by scholars who were fluent in both the Hebrew and Greek languages, translates the word “elilim” as “demons”.

So according to these scholars who lived much closer to the time that Hebrew psalm was written, the psalmist was saying that the gods of the nations were demons.

This fact of scripture is not only said in this psalm, but other places in scripture as well.  (Deut 32:17, 1 Cor 10:20)

But perhaps most telling of all is Revelation 9:20………

Revelation 9:20
    The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood—idols that cannot see or hear or walk.

Do you see how they worshipped both demons AND man-made idols?

This is what I've been trying to tell Keith………. that even though some of the “gods” of the nations were not gods at all, but man-made idols, others of those gods were real, living spirit beings who are able to perform all kinds of supernatural acts, such as telling the future, inhabiting and controlling the bodies of human beings, commanding fire from heaven and mighty winds, turning wooden staffs into living snakes, producing frogs out of thin air, and bringing wrath down upon the Israelites.

Every example I just listed above is in the scriptures, Marty.  I'm NOT making this stuff up.

When will you guys open your eyes to the truth of the scriptures?

I mean, look at Acts 17:18.  People assumed that Paul was advocating another god because of the way he spoke about Jesus.  And that's because in Biblical times, a god was anyone who could do the things angels, demons, Jesus, Satan, and Jehovah can do.

(Don't get me wrong, none of the others can do half the things Jehovah can, and none of them would even have the power to pick their own nose if not for that power being given to them from Jehovah.)

But it's high time you face the facts, Marty………. a powerful spirit being who can do supernatural acts was a god in Biblical times.  Jehovah is the God OF all those other gods, and the MOST HIGH of them all.

This is what the scriptures teach.  Believe them or don't………. it's really up to you.

Lightenup
    Participant

You are right Pierre, I would not use deceit to try to convince you of anything.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 08 2013,10:39)
    You are right Pierre, I would not use deceit to try to convince you of anything.

KATHY

THEN DON'T ,TELL ME LIES BY SHOWING SCRIPTURES OUT OF THEIR OWN CONTEXT AND DRIVE THEM TO FORWARD AN DECEIVED MESSAGE THAT IS NOT ALIGNED WITH THE TOTAL TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD ,AND PURPOSE

Lightenup
    Participant

Be my guest to read the context, Pierre. Nothing but your own misunderstanding stands in your way. The context is there to back up the deity of Christ.

terraricca
    Participant

Kathy

:D :D :O find one comment in all my quotes where I deny THE mighty ness of CHRIST ???

Never have ,

Lightenup
    Participant

You deny the Jehovah-ness of Jesus, Pierre, do you not?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 08 2013,11:43)
    You deny the Jehovah-ness of Jesus, Pierre, do you not?

Is there something like that ???

News to me never see this composition of words in scriptures :D :D :D

Lightenup
    Participant

I haven't seen mighty-ness but you wrote it as what you believe, Pierre. Surely you can consider someone called Jehovah of hosts and Jehovah our righteousness as someone who has Jehovah-ness if you can understand 'mighty ness.'

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 08 2013,12:06)
    I haven't seen mighty-ness but you wrote it as what you believe, Pierre. Surely you can consider someone called Jehovah of hosts and Jehovah our righteousness as someone who has Jehovah-ness if you can understand 'mighty ness.'

Show scriptures ???

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 07 2013,22:49)
    Too bad Pierre that you can't see what I see and the Christian commentators see as well as the majority that call themselves Christians (you know, those who believe in the deity of Christ).

and on and on…

as for me I will stay to what the entire scriptures are saying about my God and Christ

Bump for Pierre.

Here are some scriptures…once again.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 08 2013,21:31)

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 07 2013,22:49)

and on and on…

Bump for Pierre.

Here are some scriptures…once again.

no bump

show me the version of the bible you are using ,

and I want to see ” quote verses right out of the bible “

then if you right you can claim BUMP FOR PIERRE ,

not before

Lightenup
    Participant

Lazy ???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 09 2013,01:42)
    Lazy ???

no

but i know you

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 07 2013,13:58)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 07 2013,22:02)

Quote (david @ Sep. 03 2013,18:29)

To human Israelites, the judges were gods, mighty ones.  To angels, of course these judges weren't mighty ones, or gods.  
    Was it Moses that was made a god (mighty one) to pharaoh?  Yet, is Moses a god to Jesus?

David

Exactly, and to true monotheistic believers they are not gods at all, but only gods made in the minds of men who believe in them or worship them.

WJ

No, David, Keith, God called the judges “gods”, but unless I have missed something, the Israelites did not call them “gods” but judges.

If I am wrong David, Please show me where the people called the judges gods or individually “a god”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

It is not God calling the judges gods in Psalms 82.

Why would you assume the first 5 verses is the Lord speaking when it is clear the last 3 verses is the Psalmist?

No it is the Psalmist that called them gods but then says though he once called them gods now he declares they will die like men.

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 09 2013,16:34)

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 07 2013,13:58)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 07 2013,22:02)

Quote (david @ Sep. 03 2013,18:29)

To human Israelites, the judges were gods, mighty ones.  To angels, of course these judges weren't mighty ones, or gods.  
    Was it Moses that was made a god (mighty one) to pharaoh?  Yet, is Moses a god to Jesus?

David

Exactly, and to true monotheistic believers they are not gods at all, but only gods made in the minds of men who believe in them or worship them.

WJ

No, David, Keith, God called the judges “gods”, but unless I have missed something, the Israelites did not call them “gods” but judges.

If I am wrong David, Please show me where the people called the judges gods or individually “a god”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

It is not God calling the judges gods in Psalms 82.

Why would you assume the first 5 verses is the Lord speaking when it is clear the last 3 verses is the Psalmist?

No it is the Psalmist that called them gods but then says though he once called them gods now he declares they will die like men.

WJ

wj

did any man ever under inspiration by God spirit ;TALKS FOR HIMSELF ??? HOW DO YOU COME TO THAT CONCLUSION ????

This is a picture of one of the goddesses t8 and Mike believe in. Her name is Diane, one of the Greek Goddesses that is part of Roman Mythology.

According to mythology, Diana was born with her twin brother Apollo on the island of Delos, daughter of Jupiter and Latona. Diana made up a triad with two other Roman deities: Egeria the water nymph, her servant and assistant midwife; and Virbius, the woodland god. Source

The Apostle Paul preached against their Idolatry saying that she nor her images are gods at all….

Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands: So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth. Acts 19:26,27

Notice they were concerned that her magnificence could be destroyed, proof that Diana their god was merely an idol in the temple who they believed was this mythological character in the form of an idol.

Where are these so-called gods today? Where was their demonstrated power in New Testament times? Where did Jesus or his followers ever refer to demons or any of these so-called gods as gods?

WJ

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 07 2013,17:36)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 07 2013,04:56)
    How is it that Manasseh was able to take the strange gods and throw them out of the city if they were real gods?

It’s because the gods were the works of mans own hands which had no power or life.

What does David mean in Psalm 29, where he says, “Worship Him all you gods”?  

First of all Mike it is Psalms 97:7

All who worship images are put to shame, those who boast in idols worship him, all you gods !  

Look at the context, the Psalmist clarifies that the gods are images and idols that they worship.

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 07 2013,17:36)
    Can a man-made idol worship Jehovah?   ???

Well can mountains and hills sing, and trees clap their hands, and rocks praise him?

For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: THE MOUNTAINS AND THE HILLS SHALL BREAK FORTH BEFORE YOU INTO SINGING, and all the TREES OF THE FIELD SHALL CLAP THEIR HANDS. Isa 55:12

The Psalmist is speaking as Jesus would when he said…

And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the STONES would immediately cry out. Luke 19:40

Meaning all of creation should praise him.

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account