Examination of the incarnation doctrine.

Viewing 20 posts - 781 through 800 (of 3,216 total)
  • Author
    Paladin
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ April 14 2011,04:48)
    Hi Mike,
      Firstly, love you like a brother. I discern the spirit of your post as one of alienation and separation. I didn't come to this web-site to do what you want, nor to accept your understanding as the only correct one. I do not accept Paladin's understanding as the only correct one. When I teach my guitar students how to play the guitar, I am not really teaching them how to play guitar. I am teaching them how to teach themselves. I do teach them of the logical structure of music and it's language. I give guidance from a musicians perspective. I do not tell my students my way is the only correct one, I state plainly that it is not. I act as a revelator to them in a way of speaking. I tell them that the music they want to express is already in their heart and I am just there to help them coax it out. I even teach them that the commonly accepted correct way may not be the right way for them as individuals. This you might think of as only secular reasoning, however, there is the spirit of the music, there is the soul one puts into the music. I came to this web-site to have scripture revealed to me by God, not to debate various doctrines via sciptural proofs in a scientific methodology of logical debate. Christ taught me his church is a church of revelation. I do not discern alot of compassion or love in your post. I discern a debater strongly desiring to persuade that his understanding is the correct one. I discern you characterizing your understanding as straight-forward and those who do not agree with your understanding as wierd, abstract, nonsensical, fantasy. This does not warm the heart or soften the heart to receiving God's word via revelation by God. In fact, it expressed your opinion of those who are not in full agreement with your understanding. That's OK Mike. God loves both you and your readers just the same. I have no desire at this time, nor have I been directed by God to debate with you about the pre-existance of Jesus. Actually to my understanding the whole reason for Christ Jesus coming in to the world and doing the things he did was for the salvation and reconciliation of all people to God. This to me is the central theme of things. This theme works, is valid, is justified whether Jesus pre-existed or not. This is Paladin's thread he is developing it in a non-confrontational manner. He defends his position well using scripture. That you view his reasoning as nonsensical is your opinion. You are entitle to that right, at least here in America you are. I may be wrong, but, one of the reasons for this site is so that people can express there freedom in christ from their own life's experiences. This is what Paladin is doing. You don't have to agree with all his expressions, it would be good if you respected them. I don't agree with all things you say Mike, I still respect you. I don't agree with all things Paladin says, I still respect him. My central message to you Mike is to learn how to respectfully disagree. You have a tendency to demean the character of those who are not in complete agreement with your understanding of things biblical. If you do comprehend this aspect of your personality, I ask you to simply read your own posts in or out of debates and pretend like it is not you posting them. This thread is not in the debate section. True there may be aspects of debate in it, that is the nature of human discourse. It is not, however, a full-blown, all-out debate. This is probably why Paladin put it here instead of the debate section. I do not know this for certain, it is just a reasonable presumption on my part.

With Love and Respect,
                                             Wispring

Hello W;

The main reason I do not go to the debate board, has already been demonstrated on this thread, when someone suggested I am looking to make some “points” in the discussion by one position or another.

I do not believe there are any points to be made if you have to destroy a brother to do it.

But some think that is what debate boards are for.

Thanks for the input.

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Paladin,

I like your reference to music as a language, my friend. I have a language I am fluent in, and that is geometry. I have squared the circle, trisected the angel, and doubled the volume of the cube, and in so doing, discovered what I have named “bound infinity.” it opens completely new doors into defining limitations heretofore tied to “the establishment” who really do not have a clue as to the realities of mathematics.

Really? How so? Non-euclidean hyperbolic geometry and theory of origami? I can see it done through these methods.

With Love and Respect,
                                                               Wispring

Baker
    Participant

Paladin and Wispring!

Ich muss anfangen deusch zu sprechen,  Ich finde es sehr ungezogen when man uber was sprechen tut, wo keiner was verstehen kann.  Zahlen bis 123 und weiter, kann man wohl verstehen.  Aber so weiter machen wenn keiner versteht bloss der jenige der auch das weist, ist ungezogen….

Did you understand anything I just wrote?  I doubt it.  So when you and Paladin speak of hyperbolic geometry, I don;t understand what you are talking about.  I find it very annoying to do so….
    This site is for debating.  And sometimes you have to repeat in order for some to get it….its called a Chat-room…
    Got it….If you want to chit-chat there is a place for it….Irene

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    You are saying in German how it is naughty to talk about things noone understands. You are saying simple enumeration 123 on up is easy to understand. You are saying for two people to talk about something you don't understand is naughty.
      My german isn't fluent. This what I believe you are saying in the german language.
    In English you are saying you find it annoying. This site is also for discussing. The debate threads are for pure debate. I was curious about something Paladin posted in his thread. If he wants to answer me outside his thread he can pm me. May God with his unlimited love rain down on you and your family and give them unforseen blessings.

With Love and Respect,
                                                                  Wispring

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ April 14 2011,08:10)
    Hi Irene,
    You are saying in German how it is naughty to talk about things noone understands. You are saying simple enumeration 123 on up is easy to understand. You are saying for two people to talk about something you don't understand is naughty.
      My german isn't fluent. This what I believe you are saying in the german language.
    In English you are saying you find it annoying. This site is also for discussing. The debate threads are for pure debate. I was curious about something Paladin posted in his thread. If he wants to answer me outside his thread he can pm me. May God with his unlimited love rain down on you and your family and give them unforseen blessings.

With Love and Respect,
                                                                  Wispring

:D  :D  :D
    Nice try, ungezogen does not mean nasty, it means undisciplined.
    Everything else you got right.  There is a Chatroom, you don't need to PM that is also what I said.
    And you have no idea how much God has blessed us.  From the time Georg and I got married 50 years ago.  We owned a Business, had 4 Children and have 7 Grandchildren.  We worked hard, sowed good and reaped good.  We always depended on God, and that is what God wants all of us to do… Now as far as preexisting of Jesus goes, Mike started a tread with all Scriptures to prove it.   Hope you go there, if you haven't done that yet…..
    Incarnation of Jesus is that He came from Almighty God, which He did.  He was the literal Son of God, not born from the dust of the earth, like Humans are.  He emptied Himself and took on the likeness of men.  All according to scriptures.  John and Hebrew says That He is a God.  That does not mean He is Almighty God.  God, The Word of God, King, Lord and LORD are all titles.  In Ancient times many were called God…
    Jesus Himself says that His Father is greater then He is.  He also did not always exist, like the trinitarians believe.  He is the firstborn from all creation….
    Peace and Love Irene

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ April 14 2011,06:15)
    Hi Paladin,

I like your reference to music as a language, my friend. I have a language I am fluent in, and that is geometry. I have squared the circle, trisected the angel, and doubled the volume of the cube, and in so doing, discovered what I have named “bound infinity.” it opens completely new doors into defining limitations heretofore tied to “the establishment” who really do not have a clue as to the realities of mathematics.

Really? How so? Non-euclidean hyperbolic geometry and theory of origami? I can see it done through these methods.

With Love and Respect,
                                                               Wispring

I went back to where the problems were articulated prior to when euclid was born, so Euclid's principles cannot have any effect on mathematics that was developed before he was born.

And I did it with straight-edge and compass construction.

And discovered the principle of “bound infinity.”

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ April 14 2011,06:33)
    Paladin and Wispring!

Ich muss anfangen deusch zu sprechen,  Ich finde es sehr ungezogen when man uber was sprechen tut, wo keiner was verstehen kann.  Zahlen bis 123 und weiter, kann man wohl verstehen.  Aber so weiter machen wenn keiner versteht bloss der jenige der auch das weist, ist ungezogen….

Did you understand anything I just wrote?  I doubt it.  So when you and Paladin speak of hyperbolic geometry, I don;t understand what you are talking about.  I find it very annoying to do so….
    This site is for debating.  And sometimes you have to repeat in order for some to get it….its called a Chat-room…

ouyay eednay otay illchay outay. othingnay ongwray ithway oosinglay upay a ittleay itbay.

Paladin
    Participant

Paladin and Wispring!

oh, BTW, Paladin said nothing about “hyperbolic geometry.”

Be nice.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Paladin @ April 14 2011,09:56)

Paladin and Wispring!

oh, BTW, Paladin said nothing about “hyperbolic geometry.”

Be nice.

:D :D I am always nice, ask my Husband….

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Paladin,

I discoverd the “bound infinity” principle as a teenager when i aimed one mirror to another.
    Later in theory by beaming one photon out of the face of 1 of 2 perfectly parallel, perfectly reflective surfaces. At another time a computer graphic representation of the Mandelbrot set. If in principle we are talking about the same principle. lol.
    With Love and Respect,
    Wispring

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ April 14 2011,10:53)
    Hi Paladin,

I discoverd the “bound infinity” principle as a teenager when i aimed one mirror to another.
    Later in theory by beaming one photon out of the face of 1 of 2 perfectly parallel, perfectly reflective surfaces. At another time a computer graphic representation of the Mandelbrot set. If in principle we are talking about the same principle. lol.      
                                                           With Love and Respect,
                                                                    Wispring

Not even close. I was playing with PI = 3.141597 to infinity.

It seems Pi also equals 3.1 to infinity; 3.14 to infinity; 3.141 to infinity; 3.1415 to infinity, and I found a websight that figured the value of Pi to a million decimal places, so there are a mission values to Pi = 3.1 to infinity, and all decimal places between.

PI is always = to 3.1 and between evfery two decimal places, to infinity.

Wispring
    Participant

hmmm my understanding of bound infinity is that which is infinite bound to a finite space. What is yours?

terraricca
    Participant

ALL

let make it clear that God does not care of your education or diplomas what are teachings of men ,but look at a man heart,and motives with his actions,

all what a men can find or understand from Gods creation is only so he may glorify his creator,

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Warm sun shinning the gulls wings
    Makes mutt-led pattern upon the sea
    Transparent veins in feathered flight
    Bound for infinity

I am near you, your freedom flight
    Your ruffled waters they gleam
    Solid coast of grayness Sheen
    A salty glistering Sheen
    And you will follow the wind forever
    And glide the breezes bright stream
    One dream bringing the sun splashed
    A crystal waters dream…..

Peace and Love Irene

Baker
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 14 2011,11:45)
    ALL

let make it clear that God does not care of your education or diplomas what are teachings of men ,but look at a man heart,and motives with his actions,

all what a men can find or understand from Gods creation is only so he may glorify his creator,

Pierre

Right on Pierre…..

Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Paladin @ April 13 2011,05:44)
    A good part of that theme is developing a better understanding of Paul's “Logos of God” of which he is the original new testament author, inspired by the Holy spirit, and developed by the experience of seeing it in action.

Hi Paladin,  

I take your answer to my “understanding post” to mean that you can't possibly scripturally fault it.  Let me know when you're ready to discuss it.  In the mean time, feel free to further build your own understanding around your misconception of the “Word of God”.  To me it seems like putting the cart before the horse, but at least you are not alone in this effort.  The Trinitarians also started with a misconception, and then painstakingly built their understanding of scriptures around that misconception………….twisted scripture by twisted scripture.  :)

1 Cor 2:4 NKJV
    And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,

Paladin or Wispring,

Could either of you fellas tell me how the meaning of Paul's statement above would have changed had he used the word “rhema” instead of the word “logos” for the two words I bolded?

mike

Wispring
    Participant

To All,
      Let's make it clear that that there have been and will be both men and women who have loved God with all there heart, mind, and souls who have been educated in the secular sense and un-educated in the secular sense; who have specialized in a field of endeavour and who have never specialized in a field of endevour and God loved them all just the same.

With Love and Respect,
                                                      Wispring

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wispring @ April 13 2011,11:48)

I discern the spirit of your post as one of alienation and separation.

Matthew 10
    34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

I didn't come to this web-site to do what you want,

Translation:  Mike, I have not one scriptural tidbit I could offer to fault your understanding that Jesus pre-existed.  But instead of saying that, I will make this post about your “attitude” as a diversion.

I came to this web-site to have scripture revealed to me by God, not to debate various doctrines via sciptural proofs

And how will you know that you are receiving a revelation from God as opposed to from Satan masquerading as an angel of light?  If not for the scriptures, we can all just pretend anything we want and say “it was a revelation from God”.

I do not discern alot of compassion or love in your post. I discern a debater strongly desiring to persuade that his understanding is the correct one. I discern you characterizing your understanding as straight-forward and those who do not agree with your understanding as wierd, abstract, nonsensical, fantasy. This does not warm the heart or soften the heart to receiving God's word via revelation by God. In fact, it expressed your opinion of those who are not in full agreement with your understanding.

Did you take a class to learn the art of the “polite putdown”?  Your whole post reminds me of a snotty little Jr. High School girl slamming her “lessor” friend, but doing it in a “polite” way.

Oh Heidi, I love your sweater!  I had one just like it three years ago.

Now little Tiffany is really telling Heidi that she's three years in the past as far as her fashion sense.  It is a masked insult, just like your post to me.  I don't believe in such childish games.  I call a spade a spade.  I didn't come to HN to bring peace, but a sword.  And I only ask one thing from anyone:  SHOW ME THE SCRIPTURES THAT SUPPORT YOUR UNDERSTANDING.  Because I can sure as the Gospel support any scriptural understanding I have with the scriptures themselves.  

This is Paladin's thread he is developing it in a non-confrontational manner.

That is untrue.  He has personally attacked, insulted, and talked down to me ever since Irene invited me to this thread.  He insinuated that I lied about something when I didn't, and caused me hours of research to prove I didn't do what he accused me of in the first place.  And look at his last post to me:  Is he insinuating I'm ignorant because I'm reading the scriptures from the wrong direction?  :D  I think he said he can't replace my ignorance with truth until I learn to read the scriptures from back to front!   :D  :laugh:  :D   Yeah, real non-confrontational.

He defends his position well using scripture. That you view his reasoning as nonsensical is your opinion.

No, actually he doesn't.  He tries to convince people he's right using his faulty understanding of the Greek language.  He argued with me for over a week about the LXX version of Psalm 138:2.  Ask him how that one turned out for him in the end.

And now it's this “logos means thought – rhema means word” thing.  I posted a scripture that shoots down this whole theory last week, but no one responded to it………that I saw anyway.  I reposted it today as a question, so we'll see what happens this time.

This is what Paladin is doing. You don't have to agree with all his expressions, it would be good if you respected them.

I respect people like Irene, Pierre, t8, and anyone else who preaches according to the scriptures themselves.

You have a tendency to demean the character of those who are not in complete agreement with your understanding of things biblical.

Sort of like you're doing to me with this post…………only in a faux polite way? :)

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Paladin @ April 13 2011,12:30)
    I do not believe there are any points to be made if you have to destroy a brother to do it.

:)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Marty, Gene, Kerwin,

Any reply to the 4th post down on page 78?

mike

Viewing 20 posts - 781 through 800 (of 3,216 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account