eternal salvation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 257 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all……> “For you are saved by (GRACE) and that (NOT) of (YOURSELVES) it is a (GIFT) from (GOD)”. (NOT) of (WORKS) of works of Law lest (ANYONE) should (BOAST). All who are the ELECT of GOD Will be saved BY GOD. through the (OPERATION OF GRACE). NO more needs to be added or subtracted from that. NO if or ands or buts or maybes. YOU either believe that or not.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Matthew 8:12
    but the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

This of course refers to the Jewish sons of the first covenant bu remains as a warning to us against armchair salvation.[1cor10]

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 15 2008,16:16)
    To all……> “For you are saved by (GRACE) and that (NOT) of (YOURSELVES) it is a (GIFT) from (GOD)”. (NOT) of (WORKS) of works of Law lest (ANYONE) should (BOAST). All who are the ELECT of GOD Will be saved BY GOD. through the (OPERATION OF GRACE). NO more needs to be added or subtracted from that. NO if or ands or buts or maybes.  YOU either believe that or not.

Hi Gene:

Grace is not a license to sin.

Rom 6:1 ¶ What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
    Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom 6:15 ¶ What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
    Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

God Bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767…..Who says it is, do we through away all the positive scriptures and exchange for a gospel of fear, I have seen many do the same thing as some here do, When true Faith in God and his power and positive encouragement is quoted, these fear mongers come out of the wood work and start there fear gospel that somehow we are going to fail because if you sin you are Luke warm and bring out all the negative scriptures they can fine.

Ask yourself why do they do that and you will find they themselves are servant of fear and have no faith at all. But if you were to look at there lives they are as big or bigger sinners and Luke warm as anyone here is. These weak and unbelieving people are not like Caleb and Joshua were, but are like those who said they are to strong for us we are like grass hopper compared to them, their carcases fell in the desert, fearful unbelievers, whose end is to be destroyed they are hinderer's to God and Jesus Christ. They cloak themselves as if they are true and believing and pious leaders of God's word, but in fact are nothing but cowards full fear and do not believe what God and Jesus said concerning His children. They simple chose to ignore all the scripture that encourage God's Children, snakes. doubters, Hypocrites , Faith less people. They don't have enough sense to realize everyone here is struggling with life and need positive encouragement to help them in this hard life. They call others Luke warm when in fact they are the ones who think they are secure and have need of nothing . Hypocrites, weak knees despising God positive words to His children.

IMO…………..gene

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 16 2008,13:23)
    942767…..Who says it is, do we through away all the positive scriptures and exchange for a gospel of fear, I have seen many do the same thing as some here do, When true Faith in God and his power and positive encouragement is quoted, these fear mongers come out of the wood work and start there fear gospel that somehow we are going to fail because if you sin you are Luke warm and bring out all the negative scriptures they can fine.  

Ask yourself why do they do that and you will find they themselves are servant of fear and have no faith at all. But if you were to look at there lives they are as big or bigger sinners and Luke warm as anyone here is.  These weak and unbelieving people are not like Caleb and Joshua were, but are like those who said they are to strong for us we are like grass hopper compared to them, their carcases fell in the desert, fearful unbelievers, whose end is to be destroyed they are  hinderer's to God and Jesus Christ. They cloak themselves as if they are true and believing and pious leaders of God's word, but in fact are nothing but cowards full fear and do not believe what  God and Jesus said concerning His children. They simple chose to ignore all the scripture that encourage God's Children, snakes. doubters, Hypocrites  , Faith less people. They don't have enough sense to realize everyone here is struggling with life and need positive encouragement to help them in this hard life. They call others Luke warm when in fact they are the ones who think they are secure and have need of nothing . Hypocrites, weak knees despising God positive words to His children.

IMO…………..gene

Hi Gene:

There is no fear in love.  When someone is walking in obedience to the Lord's commandments there is life and peace of mind.  There is liberty in knowing that God is merciful and if I fall, he will forgive me when I come to him acknowledging my sin with a repentant heart.

Rom 8:1 ¶ [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    Rom 8:2  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
    Rom 8:3  For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
    Rom 8:4  That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

There are no negative scriptures all of them are positive for someone who truly loves God and wants to glorify Him in the earth through obedience to His Word.

2Ti 3:16  All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    2Ti 3:17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767…..> Amen, Amen, brother we should be positive encourager's of God and Jesus and There words. It's all about Life everlasting and unsearchable love and Joy , We are worthless is we don't give encouragement , how can we say we have GOD's Spirit if we don't, Jesus was positive in his minster, “little children it's your Father good pleasure to give you the Kingdom.” Look i am old, but i will go to my grave praising and worshiping Our heavenly Father and telling my Children and all i know of His love and mercy He has had for me and has for (ALL) .

peace and love to you and yours……………….gene

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 16 2008,14:02)
    942767…..> Amen, Amen, brother we should be positive encourager's of God and Jesus and There words. It's all about Life everlasting and unsearchable love and Joy , We are worthless is we don't give encouragement , how can we say we have GOD's Spirit if we don't, Jesus was positive in his minster, “little children it's your Father good pleasure to give you the Kingdom.” Look i am old, but i will go to my grave praising and worshiping Our heavenly Father and telling my Children and all i know of His love and mercy He has had for me and has for (ALL) .

peace and love to you and yours……………….gene

Yes, Gene, but we must understand that when God rebukes us or corrects us it is because he loves us. This is tough love because it hurts to be corrected sometimes. You certainly do not want to encourage a brother in Christ who has strayed from the truth to continue in what he is doing.

God Bless

Shania
    Participant

Discipline is love.

Rev 3:19-21
    19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.
    21 To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.
    NIV

This is a wonderfully positive scripture:D

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Shania…..I haven't seen any one here say God does not rebuke and chastise and scourge us when we are out of the way, I can attest of sever chastisement and scouring's in my life, i and as far as i have seen here no one else here thinks we don't receive correction from our heavenly Father when we need it. Thats what gets me no one is saying GOD doesn't expect us to walk in His ways and these fear mongers step our of the shadows and insinuate that about people here are and they don't even know them.

Anyway Shania no one here that i know of is saying we shouldn't walk in God's ways, and that includes me also.

love and peace to you and your……….gene

Shania
    Participant

I never said anything about what people were and weren't saying. Just sharing my heart. : )

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Shania,
    Just give one space before clicking the emotions button.
    like this :D
    Love to you
    Adam

Irene
    Participant

Here is something to think about.
    Would you say that all that are alive at the end of the millennium were saved?
    Then how is it possible that so many fall for Satan's lie and follow him into eternal death?

Georg

dirtyknections
    Participant

Ephesians 6:12….12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Jude 1:22… 22Be merciful to those who doubt; 23snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

James 1:15…15Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

Simply put…. Sinful Flesh+ Satan's Attack..equals the lack of Godliness we see in the World Today

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Irene @ July 17 2008,06:39)
    Here is something to think about.
    Would you say that all that are alive at the end of the millennium were saved?
    Then how is it possible that so many fall for Satan's lie and follow him into eternal death?

Georg

Great Point…

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene…….The people in the Millennium, except for Jesus and the Saint's, are not converted they don't have God's spirit in them. Thats the point of the millennium period, to prove for ever that even if evil was removed from people and they were taught all of God's ways and were keep by the Saint's and Jesus in those way for a 1000 years, as soon as evil influence is released they fall. The POINT you can not remain right unless God is in you by His Holy Spirit . That the point of the whole 1000 year period.

IMO……….gene

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 17 2008,12:26)
    Irene…….The people in the Millennium, except for Jesus and the Saint's, are not converted they don't have God's spirit in them. Thats the point of the millennium period, to prove for ever that even if evil was removed from people and they were taught all of God's ways and were keep by the Saint's and Jesus in those way for a 1000 years, as soon as evil influence is released they fall. The POINT you can not remain right unless God is in you by His Holy Spirit . That the point of the whole 1000 year period.

IMO……….gene

THe bible DOES NOT say that saints are exempt from satan's attacks…the bible says that those who follow him will be like the sands of the sea…that means those resurrected in the millenium AND saints that are found faithful at armageddon…

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DK……I don't know how your getting i am saying Saints are exempt from any attacks, There getting attacks now in this life . I sorry i am not following you. Maybe if you clarified it some.

peace to you and yours……….gene :)

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 17 2008,14:58)
    DK……I don't know how your getting i am saying Saints are exempt from any attacks, There getting attacks now in this life . I sorry i am not following you. Maybe if you clarified it some.

peace to you and yours……….gene :)

Correct me if I am wrong..But are you not saying that NO saints will be led astray by Satan after he is let loose…only those who are resurrected and learn the way during the millenium reign….only people from that group will be led astray..

If I am wrong I apologize..I'm not trying to put words in your mouth Brother Gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DK…..We need to establish the time periods were talking about , the one I was talking abou was the time period after the first resurection, the 1000 year rgien of Christ and the Saints . At the end of that period Evil is realeased on the earth and goes out and decieves the whole earth and the Saints with Christ go back to Jerusalem and the nations come to Jerusalem to attack it and fire comes down from heaven and deviours them. Now with that said, I am saying NO Saint can be lead astray (because the spirit of truth is in Him), He can not be decieved. Your thinking the people who are in the earth during the 1000 year will be Sain't they will not, they are not converted at all, or they could no have been decieved NO true Saint can be decieved because of the Spirit of Truth thats in him. remember where is say He would even fool the Elect (IF) it were possible, You see you Can't fool a person who has the Spirit of Truth in Him, Thats the Saints of GOD.

hope this clarifies what i meant……….peace…………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Some who have been given the Spirit of truth do not allow their minds to be transformed by this gentle wind.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 257 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account