Election

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother,
    I was talking about denying basic faith or Jesus.
    Thanks
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    So rebirth is just that.
    Some do not survive spiritual infanthood.
    We are to grow into mature men not be babes on milk.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….so say you but where does scripture say some do not survive spiritual infant hood.

where is that written?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gb,
    Indeed that is my opinion.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    But being stillborn is a scriptural concept.
    Job 3:16
    Or why was I not hidden in the ground like a stillborn child, like an infant who never saw the light of day?

Ecclesiastes 6:3
    A man may have a hundred children and live many years; yet no matter how long he lives, if he cannot enjoy his prosperity and does not receive proper burial, I say that a stillborn child is better off than he.

I think Paul was beginning to wonder about the Galatians.

Gal4
    19My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

20I desire to be present with you now, and to change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Ncik….i am glad it just you opinion, because scripture doesn't back it up. It your opinion because you want it to be it you doctrine not God's. imo……….gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 07 2008,14:58)
    Hi GM,
    So rebirth is just that.
    Some do not survive spiritual infanthood.
    We are to grow into mature men not be babes on milk.

Then why we are worried about negative things here and talking about loosing one's Election?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam……people who do that lack true faith in God, they have put their faith in themselves and as a result are all ways fearful of loosing their salvation. But love cast out fear, for nothing is perfect in fear for fear has torment. We have to live in faith and if we sin we have an advocate the Lord Jesus Christ He is the propitiation for our sins and not ours only but the sins of the whole world. When we say that, some think we are giving license to sin, God forbid, we are not saying that, we are supposed to keep his commandments as it says. But at the same time we should not forsake our blessed assurances given us by God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ. He who began a work in us will complete it, just as it as it says, if God be fore you who can be against you. We press forward in positive assurance and if we fall at times, we get up and pray and confess our sins and He is faithful to forgive us and to cleans us from (ALL) unrighteousness.

love and peace to you and yours Adam………gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Thank you very much brother, those words are refreshing my soul. I don't fear anything or anybody because I am in my Father's safe hands where no one can touch me with any false doctrine.
    Peace to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    I agree in essence.
    So if we fall and do not repent and pray for forgiveness?
    I am glad you acknowledege that we do have a part to play and are not just robots.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..may God make me His personal robot that will be fine with me, in fact i would like nothing better. May God clone me to be Just like Him for ever and ever. O God create me just like you. Call it a clone ,a robot, a image, a reflection,a mirror, a slave,what ever, may God the Father make it so if its like Him i will be happy.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    That option is not written.
    Slaves are, and they must obey.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother,
    Here are the verses that say we should be slaves of God not of sin.

Rom 6:
    19 “I put this in human terms because you are weak in your natural selves. Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever–increasing wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness.20When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness.21What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death!22But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life”

1 Pet 2:

16 “Be free, yet without using freedom as a pretext for evil, but as slaves of God”.

We don't have free will again we have only limited will of ours to follow righteousness and to become slaves to God but not to fulfill our lusts.

Peace to you
    Adam

I'm a sort of moderate calvinist.

I believe God elected those who will be saved based of his knowledge of the future.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TaA,
    Should we follow Calvin?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Election is of grace
    All is of grace so none can boast

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jn 15.16
    'You did not choose me but I chose you..”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    2Peter 1.10
    “Therefore brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about his calling and choosing you..”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Col 3.12

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 07 2014,05:43)
    Hi,
    Col 3.12

Yes; for all our works are as dirty raggs before God.
    We need mercy and grace.
    There can be no boasting.

wakeup.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account