Election

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

So there is no preexistence only preplanning of God the Father that clearly spelt out in minute details of when Jesus had to take birth and when to give up his breath on the cross (Gal 4:4).
    Thanks brother Gene.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Some would say all are in the elect.
    It is not written

Romans 8:33
    Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Romans 11:5
    Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Romans 11:7
    What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Colossians 3:12
    Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

1 Thessalonians 1:4
    Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

Titus 1:1
    Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

1 Peter 1:2
    Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Make it sure.
    2 Peter 1:10
    Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Election is sure and God is the one who elects us not that we can choose God by our free wills. Yes you are right when say not all are elected but only few that is a remnant. I praise God for His love towards me for choosing me inspite of my unworthiness.
    Blessings
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So Christ existed before he was clothed in flesh and came to earth to do the will of God.

Ps 139
    13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
    14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
    15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
    16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
    13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
    14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
    15 My substance [6108]was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
    16 Thine eyes did see my substance[1564], yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Why diversion? The verses you just quoted talk about Jesus' human birth not any preexistence. Hope we will debate this under 'preexistence' thread.
    What about our Election by God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Jesus was clothed with flesh well before birth.

gollamudi
    Participant

I reserve my comments to Mandy on this quote of yours.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Who is the ME who was covered in his mother's womb?
    The one who'se soul knew it well?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    We need to make sure of our election.
    Not everyone is in the elect and not everyone makes sure of it.

2 Peter 1:10
    Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….if a person is truly called as an elect of God, God will never leave or forsake Him no matter what, He will cause things in that persons life that will bring Him to repentance believe me I know that. He is far more powerful then we are. He knows the lessons we need to learn and some are bitter lessons, but whom He loves He disciplines and He scourges every Son or daughter He receives. We inter in through great tribulation all those God is working with will experience tribulations, in their lives. If we fall short at times we need to repent and ask God to forgive Us and clean us from that sin. He is faithful to do it we only need to confess and ask for help. I have sinned more then most here but God has delivered me from most but not all yet, He is still working with me and so far hasn't given up on me and i hope He never will.

peace…..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    God will never leave us or forsake us.
    But man is not quite as reliable to fulfill his part of the bargain.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….So does that change God who said He would never leave us or forsake us. God is faithful to His word. God does not lie. Jesus said the Spirit is willing but the body is weak. we all sin at times and need to repent and we can because God never leaves or forsakes us.

We who have God's spirit will strive to please God in our lives, because God's spirit genders that in us, always.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So if men wander and do not repent they can be lost?

Irene
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 07 2008,07:49)
    Hi GB,
    God will never leave us or forsake us.
    But man is not quite as reliable to fulfill his part of the bargain.

With that I agree. Man has a sinful nature. And if it were not for our Savior Jesus Christ who gave Himself for us, we would all die forever. Now we have a Mediator, and we can go in front of the Throne of God, and ask for the forgiveness of our Sin's. And we are forgiven instantly.
    Peace and Love Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………A man with God's spirit can't wonder of, He has the Spirit of truth in Him He can't (wonder) off. The spirit of truth never leaves us Jesus said He would send the comforter i.e. Holy Spirit that would abide with us for ever, It does not leave us. Those that wonder of don't have it in them.

imo………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Really?
    But you said such men do sin even denying their master.

And if they do not repent and seek the forgiveness of God?

God is faithful
    but if we deny Christ he will deny us.

2Tim 2
    12If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

13If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

14Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..still lying about what i said, when did i say people who sin deny Christ, those are you word not me, again you just can't stop lying about what people say. So you you Lying are you sinning and denying Christ then , if so you need to quite lying about what people say then. You have no right to add anything to what I or anyone else says. You perverted what i said and for some reason you think your not sinning AMAZING!.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Are all reborn men then always guided by God's Spirit?
    Then why does Paul say in Gal5

“25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.”

Seems there is more to it.

Perhaps that idea explains why some seem to think they are infallible?

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Gene,
    Kindly be patient, your points are valid, no one can say Jesus is the Lord except by the Spirit of God and they never can deny this truth. Mere falling in sin can not be interpreted as denying the basic faith. I don't agree with our brother Nick on this.
    Thanks
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    If all who are reborn of God's Spirit are taught by God
    why is there not perfect agreement?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account