Does hebrews 2:17 tell us jesus is created?mqa

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Hebrews 2:17(KJV) reads:

Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

ginomai

RokkaMan
    Participant

That verse explains that he was MADE like his brothers (Human)…The word became flesh.

So Jesus originated as The Word…and was Made flesh like his bretheren (mankind)

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ Dec. 30 2009,03:25)
    That verse explains that he was MADE like his brothers (Human)…The word became flesh.

RK,

You are right and it's so simple.

thinker

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ Dec. 29 2009,22:25)

The word translated “made” among other things means “created”.

Be careful not to cherry pick the definition that supports your traditions.

I asked my question to get more than a individual's opinion of what the definition of “made” is in Hebrews 2:17.

In other words have you tested your hypothesis? If so what are those tests?

Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 29 2009,19:49)

Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

ginomai

Hi:

The prophetic Word of God regarding the Messiah was made flesh or became a reality.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

peace2all
    Participant

god made all, and then it says jesus made all from god yet the holy spirit was upon the earth creating all on it also then they are all part of god for if god is all powerful and having no begining then there would be no need for 3 completly seperate, not being of same subsatance or qualities doing his work. it makes it clear they are all from him.

it really makes sense that they are all disticnt with thier own position in his plan but of one substance.

john 10:33,34
    jesus says that it is written in your laws, I SAID ye were gods, then it says that it was by god that the laws were scripture and cannot be broken.

it clearly says that jesus is saying he was god giving them those laws when the written law was given.

Participant

ginomai

Hi Kerwin:

Are you saying that the Greek Word for “made” in the scripture that you are quoting is “ginomai”? If I am reading correctly, this is not the word used in this scripture.

Adam was created, but we, and Jesus were formed in the womb of a woman. And we are born of the seed of that which He created.

Rom 1:3 concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh,

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 30 2009,13:38)

ginomai

Hi:

The prophetic Word of God regarding the Messiah was made flesh or became a reality.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Right On!  :)

banana
    Participant

ginomai

kerwin

Jesus was the word made flesh!
    John is the only one that refers to Jesus as being the word before he became one of us.
    Why did John call Jesus the word? because he only spoke what the Father told him to say; they were the Father's WORD's. He was the Father's spokesman. No one at ANY TIME has heard the Fathers voice or seen his form.
    To think that Jesus had his beginning at his human birth is just plain ridiculous. How could he have created all, if he had not existed?
    And why did he have to take on our nature? because he came to die for our nature. Spirit beings can't die, unless God destroys them.

Georg

kerwin
    Participant

Marty, RokkaMan,

Thank you.  I did misunderstand as I was able to test my conclusions and found them wanting.  The correct word is “homoioō” though “ginomai” is also in that sentence.

homoioō

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

The letter to the Hebrews instructs us that Jesus was not shaped like the angels but was instead shaped like a human being.  On the other hand other scriptures tell us that some angels appear to be human beings.  

How can that be possible as Jesus was either shaped like a human being and thus like at least some angels or he was not?

banana
    Participant

kerwin

Hbr 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

The seed of Abraham meaning, flesh, human; not spirit and human.
    Georg

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (banana @ Dec. 30 2009,12:19)
    kerwin

Hbr 2:16   For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Georg

I was informed “seed” means posterity.  That does not necessary even mean a descendant of the flesh as the true students of Jesus are Abraham's descendants even if they are Gentiles.  

I believe an angel could also be called Abraham's posterity as they serve God in faith.

According to scripture animals as well as man is flesh.  The terms seem to to all that makes a man whether physical or non-physical.

peace2all
    Participant
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 30 2009,12:03)
    To all,

The letter to the Hebrews instructs us that Jesus was not shaped like the angels but was instead shaped like a human being.  On the other hand other scriptures tell us that some angels appear to be human beings.  

How can that be possible as Jesus was either shaped like a human being and thus like at least some angels or he was not?

I was looking for an answer to this.  

I believe that the writer of Hebrews was comparing kinds and not shapes.  In other words Jesus was made of the like kind as his human brothers.  An angel is man like so that would be poor argument for the writer to use in order to make the case Jesus is not an angel.

banana
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 30 2009,17:44)

Quote (banana @ Dec. 30 2009,12:19)
    kerwin

Hbr 2:16   For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Georg

I was informed “seed” means posterity.  That does not necessary even mean a descendant of the flesh as the true students of Jesus are Abraham's descendants even if they are Gentiles.  

I believe an angel could also be called Abraham's posterity as they serve God in faith.

According to scripture animals as well as man is flesh.  The terms seem to to all that makes a man whether physical or non-physical.

kerwin

You are right, it does not mean a descendant “from” Abraham, but that is no what it says either; it simply tell us that the seed, descendants of Abraham, are flesh; and Jesus had taken on the “form” of that seed, meaning, flesh.

Georg

banana
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 31 2009,16:25)

To all,

I believe that the writer of Hebrews was comparing kinds and not shapes.  In other words Jesus was made of the like kind as his human brothers.  An angel is man like so that would be poor argument for the writer to use in order to make the case Jesus is not an angel.

kerwin

Angels do not appear “to be” humans, they have appeared “as” humans; they have taken on the shape of humans to deliver a message or whatever, in order to communicate with us.
    Jesus was all human because he came to die for humans, it was our nature that needed rescuing from death.

Georg

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (banana @ Dec. 31 2009,20:21)

To all,

kerwin

Angels do not appear “to be” humans, they have appeared “as” humans; they have taken on the shape of humans to deliver a message or whatever, in order to communicate with us.
    Jesus was all human because he came to die for humans, it was our nature that needed rescuing from death.

Georg

Despite our apparent disagreement about whether or not some angels appear to be human I believe we agree on the point that Jesus is a human being.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin………Yes Jesus is a HUMAN Being and still IS> “when the son of man comes will he find faith on the earth”. He is coming back as a man also just like he went, with flesh and bone.

banana
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 01 2010,10:12)

Quote (banana @ Dec. 31 2009,20:21)

To all,

kerwin

Georg

Despite our apparent disagreement about whether or not some angels appear to be human I believe we agree on the point that Jesus is a human being.

kerwin

No, I do not agree with that, Jesus was a human for the time that he was on earth. When he was resurrected, God gave him back his true nature, spirit nature; and that is what he is now, a spirit being; a glorified and divine, meaning, immortal, spirit being.

Georg

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account