Do you think the suffering you go through is caused by God?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

gene

you keep thinking we still are in the apostolic season,
    wen Christ send his apostles he told them that he will be with them and they will receive the spirit (powers) to perform good works,this was to convince people of there authority in Gods work of being the true shepherd,
    those Powers were to be dissipate in time with the dead of the apostles and their immediate followers were they ad transfers the power by the laying of the hands.

today we are the ones Christ related to in his prayer about the one who would believe there message and become one with all of them.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

terraricca……..There is no difference between then and now , GOD never changes, He still performs miracles day in and day out. He has done many miracles for me in my life and many can attest to them. Nothing has changed except what people regard as FAITH, today they think its anything you accept as fact, without any real Proof> They don't even have the courage to stand up and say they never had any real EVIDENCE of a REAL GOD in their lives either. Some have ask GOD and He has answered them and they forgot it and lost there Proof. ” Never the less, When the son of man comes will he find Faith on the earth” , I doubt it> IMO

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Jan. 16 2010,11:15)
    To All……..No man (REPENTS) ON HIS OWN, repentance is as a result of the GRACE of GOD. GOD Takes out of of the STONY Hearts by opening up our minds to what we have done from a Godly perspective or Love perspective and it (AUTOMATICALLY CAUSES US TO REPENT). REPENTANCE IS (not) A self ACT it is a GODLY act given to us through the operation of the HOLY SPIRIT.

Here is a good example ,  On the day of Pentecost , Peter Preached to People who Just 40 days befor were saying crucify Him (Jesus) and when the HOLY SPIRIT was POURED our (ON) them it convicted them (IN) the Hearts, and (then) they repented and said “men and brethren what shall we do seeing we have put to death the Son of GOD.  Point is this was accomplished by the work of GOD'S Spirit, not from carnal flesh, Had the Spirit not have been poured they would not have repented and would have probably killed the apostles too.  IMO

Amen Gene!!

Ezekiel 36:22 24 For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land.  25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.  26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.  27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

Romans 11:27  For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins.”  28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers.  29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.  30  For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience,  31  even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. 32  For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all. 33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

terraricca
    Participant

gene

yes it is true God never changes,he is the same yesterday and the same tomorow,but that not what is at stake here God plan is Christ fullfillment is the kingdom is so do mix things up.

Jn 4:48 “Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders,” Jesus told him, “you will never believe
    Jn 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.”
    Jn 13:34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terraricca……Remember Jesus said we could do greater works then He did , because He was gong to heaven and leaving the earth. Nothing has changed except the loss of (TRUE) Faith and replaced with Suppositions as Jesus Prophesied would happen. He even said if you had the Faith of a grain of mustard seed , you shall or (COULD) say unto this sycamore tree be cast into the sea and it (Should) happen. Notice two very important things in that statement, One is your (Faith) (would have to be in GOD) (because you could never do it, no matter how hard you tried) GOD would have to grant it and do it, Notice it say it (SHOULD) obey you, yes if it was GOD WILL anything is possible with GOD.

Mat 17:20…> And Jesus said unto them, Because of your (UNBELIEF): because truly I say unto you, (IF) ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove' and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

So how much real (FAITH) do we really have.
    “when the son of man comes (WILL) he find Faith on the earth”. That is the question. IMO

peace and love to yopu and yours…………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Jan. 16 2010,14:56)

Quote (Gene @ Jan. 16 2010,11:15)
    To All……..No man (REPENTS) ON HIS OWN, repentance is as a result of the GRACE of GOD. GOD Takes out of of the STONY Hearts by opening up our minds to what we have done from a Godly perspective or Love perspective and it (AUTOMATICALLY CAUSES US TO REPENT). REPENTANCE IS (not) A self ACT it is a GODLY act given to us through the operation of the HOLY SPIRIT.

Here is a good example ,  On the day of Pentecost , Peter Preached to People who Just 40 days befor were saying crucify Him (Jesus) and when the HOLY SPIRIT was POURED our (ON) them it convicted them (IN) the Hearts, and (then) they repented and said “men and brethren what shall we do seeing we have put to death the Son of GOD.  Point is this was accomplished by the work of GOD'S Spirit, not from carnal flesh, Had the Spirit not have been poured they would not have repented and would have probably killed the apostles too.  IMO

Amen Gene!!

Ezekiel 36:22 24 For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land.  25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.  26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.  27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

Romans 11:27  For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins.”  28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers.  29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.  30  For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience,  31  even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. 32  For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all. 33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

Jodi…….Amen ,Amen Sis.

peace and love to you and yours………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

gene

you mention “would he found faith” that is the question, you said.
    in a other quote you said “I dough it”
    why??

you have already said that it is God grace that brings faith so it is not up to us ?????
    but sins you question it shows you are not sure and confused.

your interpretation of the scriptures is wrong.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

terraccia………Go back and read the Parable of the unjust Judge and think about what Jesus Said, He said even though GOD does speedily answer, never the less , When the Son of Man comes, will he find Faith (ON) The EARTH, then is said i doubt it. Because i believe Most do not retain their proofs that GOD (BY) GRACE gives them and many have none because they are not GOD'S elect.

Faith is a reality of what is true, supplied by real evidence , not suppositions.  Faith is also a variable because you can have a lot or be full of Faith or you can have “Little Faith” as the disciples did at first, But when the spirit of GOD came into them their faith grow and they witnessed many miracles including the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. They had a lot of proof and evidence in their lives. God has given me a lot of evidence also in my Life of His existence, and i hope and pray i will never loose the memory of those thing he has done for me. There is only one way you can have (TRUE) FAITH in GOD, HE MUST REVEAL HIMSELF in YOU LIFE, otherwis you have hear say , the disciples did not give up their lives on Just hearsay, nor would any normal person either. God is not just talk he is real dynamic action also.  Jesus said Blessed is he who believes and has not seen, why? because that person has been given His evidence by GOD directly. What i have noticed very few talk about the Hand of GOD in their lives, it's becoming less and less as time goes by.  That is why i said I doubt it. Just my opinion that is all, terraricca.

terraricca
    Participant

gene
    thank you

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

This is a complicated issue.

First suffering occurs because sin is in the world so mankind in general can be blamed.

Second Satan is in some cases the agent of suffering and so he can be blamed.

Third God has the ability to prevent all suffering if he chooses and so he can be “blamed”.

The motives of mankind and Satan are evil while the motives of God are righteous.

terraricca
    Participant

hi kerwin

Satan proposed his way to the first couple they accepted and this was done against Gods will.
    now Satan as on earth a physical human Representative forces who works against God will,until corruption was so intense God has to intervene and uses the flood to accomplish his will to stop extreme progress of wickedness.
    the offspring of Noah most follow there way so drifted away from god again Satan was growing in power on earth,
    later God chooses the offspring of Jacob to create a nation for is name and make them special and give them blessing but punish there sins and corruption .

so god s plan is to save human race,but man as to stand for his sins and corruption.in this way God is righteous.

Satan do not care about anybody else but himself so he create confusion and pain without reason hopping that man will condone God for all the misery on the earth.
    even God will help the righteous and then still Satan can challenge his faith .this is wickedness

this way and Satan are part of the old earth and heaven that will soon be replaced to the new ones

ERS
    Participant

we do not need help on causing suffering, we can get into trouble well enough on our own!! Just like leaving a toddler alone for a few minutes it does not take much to get them in circumstances where they will cry as a result. I do believe that God loves us and our suffering is only for a “season” and but a light affliction. In Psalms it says ” If the Lord had not afflicted me I would not have gained a heart of wisdom, and God only wants good things for his kids, even though living in this world is evil enough to cause some suffering. The bible says you will know when you have been blessed by God because he adds no sorrow with it. What I am amazed at is how he can even bless me through my suffering in ways I thought were impossible. I guess this is also part of the process of being the willing vessel of clay on the potter's wheel , and the part about picking up your cross and following Jesus, Life is not easy but GOD promises to never let our suffering go beyond what we can handle, and let's face it burning out the dross to refine you into pure gold is not an easy process. Remember too the verse: GOD is not mocked for whatsoever a man soweth, that does he also reap. How often like little kids do we get burned because we do not follow God's word and not go sticking or fingers in the fire? I believe that God will give us wisdom if we ask for it.

terraricca
    Participant

hi ERS

it is so true.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account