Do we get our morality from the bible?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

AndrewAD,

Kerwin, you don’t claim to be Jewish or Catholic yet you worship the books they gave.You have two masters yet serve neither! You worship the letter that killeth!

I am not Catholic though I do adhere to Roman Catholic Scriptures. I am Jewish as for religion as you cannot follow without following the true Jewish faith. In Scripture Christianity is called a Jewish sect and not a separate religion.

The New Testament is the place where we are told that the complete OT is God-breathed and useful for a number of things.

God had a reason for telling the Hebrews to kill everyone and he said it was because they were filled up with their sins.

The Hebrew people were constantly lured away to the gods of the people of those lands which would not of been the case if they had done what God commanded them.

david
    Participant

David,

I was whipped as a child when I was disobedient and I saw no harm to that.

I was also abused so I know there is a difference though by the grace of God I received no harm from that.

Only fools do not understand the difference.

I admit that fools exist.

Using a rod on a child is not always wrong.

I have already shown you a study that concluded just that.

You not seeing the harm does not mean there was any harm. there are scores of women who are beaten and yet protect their aggressors. Maybe they have Stockholm syndrome. Whatever the reason, just because a person is a victim of abuse and defends it, does not mean it is alright. I have heard slaves in Mauritania defend their right to be slaves. In that case, he simply didn’t know what he was missing out on. He was protecting what felt comfortable to him, even if it was unhealthy.

Rather than being reasoned with, you were hit. So you likely didn’t develop the thinking skills you could have.
    You say you were abused but you received no harm from that. Then I don’t think you know what abuse is. Or perhaps want harm is. Being hit affects the person. Being hit or exposed to violence routinely effects the person.

Could I see the study you mentioned again?

david
    Participant

David,

Are you claiming that it is more righteous to murder a more developed child than a less developed one?

Your words implied that.

I agree that murder has been around a long time and now instead of killing disabled children by tossing them out to let the elements and wild animals do the trick we kill them in their mother’s womb.

We then ac

I’m not entirely sure what you are saying here. It does seem more horrific and cruel to burn a baby or infant alive than to abort a fetus, in a similar way it seems more cruel to burn a witch than to shoot her in the head.
    When I point out that human sacrifice and baby sacrifice was common in the past and legal and practiced by all major civilizations, for some reason people like to point out abortion. I’m just saying: abortion existed back then as well. Their methods were unusual, primitive, and sometimes dangerous. But abortion isn’t so new although it has become easier and I’d guess much more popular. What did change was that after people had their babies, they no longer have this desire to take them and burn them alive–much in the same way they no longer have a desire to see a car burned alive. Or a witch. Or a Jew. Today people recoil at the idea that a person should be killed for a crime at all, much less torture beforehand, as was once common practice.

So again it’s not: baby sacrifice and now abortion. Those two things are different.
    It’s: baby sacrifice by fire and abortion, and now just abortion.

kerwin
    Participant

David,

Since most abortions happen before 22 weeks, which is the earliest pointy we have clear children do feel pain by, I suppose you can claim that they do not feel pain from the various methods to murder them.

I do not see a whole between murdering a child within a womb and murdering that same outside. I agree that some methods of committing murder torture the victim as well as end their life and Canaanite practice of sacrificing their children to the flame was done on children whose pain centers were fully developed as opposed to most abortions. In a country where equal protection under the law held sway the victims lack of feeling pain may well be a migrating circumstance.

kerwin
    Participant

David,

My thinking skill are superior to the norm of my society though not genius level. I have more difficulty with self control and that may be genetic at least in part.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

You boast.

Why would you do that?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I am just repeating what others tell me in regards to an IQ test I took some time ago and I did it in order to dispel an illusion.

I am not sure I have a high opinion of myself as I have a low opinion of the norm as I tend to think they have more thinking skills that they choose to use. The nature of the flesh impedes our performance in many cases.

NickHassan
    Participant

hi KW,

Did we all need to know?

bodhitharta
    Participant

@EDJ

Hi BD,

God does not sanction people to
    ‘rape’ ‘pillage’ and ‘plunder’ non-muslims,
    multiply wives, and abduct children for sex slavery.

islam is an abomination to God. If you get your morality from
    the quran you get your morality from the toilet. (ref. Rom.8:7-8)

I asked you does God in the bible sanction these activities and you do know the answer is yes or shall I provide you with the verses?

Are these Moral acts in the context of God sanctioning them, yes or no?

bodhitharta
    Participant

@EDJ

Do the aliens that you say live amongst us have a certain kind of morality?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Were you born under the Law or have you become a Jew?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I was born outside the Law as I am a Gentile. No one is born under the Covenant of the Christ, as of the flesh. One religion, two covenants.

Acts 24:14

New American Standard Bible
    “But this I admit to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect I do serve the God of our fathers, believing everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets;

Acts 26:5

New American Standard Bible
    since they have known about me for a long time, if they are willing to testify, that I lived as a Pharisee according to the strictest sect of our religion.

In the lower one you see Paul, a Christian, claim to be of the Jewish religion.

Claiming Christianity as a separate religion than Judaism is simply extra-biblical.

kerwin
    Participant

Bodhitharta,

As far as I know God never sanctioned rape or sex-slavery. There is no clear case of pedophilia.

I do not know if the Koran sanctions either rape or sex-slavery either.

Aisha at 9 or 10 would have been too young by a few years to be considered an adult by Jewish Tradition.

Some sources claim she was twelve which matches with the minimum age Traditional Judaism consider males are adult.

In our current society that would be considered too young to consummate a marriage.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I did not address my post to everyone though it was a public post in response to another public post.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Was he claiming it as a event of history or as a culture?

So you adopted the Jewish religion and the Law as a schoolmaster?

Ed J
    Participant

Ed J,

God said it was because of their behavior and did not mention DNA.

Hi Kerwin, of course modern Scientific terms were not used in the bible.

“Sons of God” is a reference to the Angels Kerwin…

“And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and
    daughters were born unto them, That the “sons of God” saw the daughters of men
    that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose
    .” (Genesis 6:1-2)

These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and PERFECT in his generations,
    and Noah walked with God. And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.” (Gen 6:9-10)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

So which is your Master?

The Lord or the Law?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I have already establish that according to Scripture Christianity is a sect of Judaism. Are you disagreeing with Scripture?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

God is the God of the Law of Moses and his Hebrew servants obeyed it because it is his word.

Jesus Christ came that the righteous requirements of the Law would be put within and written on the hearts of those that believe.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed J.

“Sons of God” is a reference to the Angels Kerwin…

Some claim that but I do not believe that is who Genesis is calling the sons of God. Instead I believe the godly descendents of Seth were called the sons of God and that they became sexually attracted to the godless descendants of Cain.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 236 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account