Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,941 through 1,960 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

Since the context of the clause makes it clear what flesh and blood he speaks of then why should he even consider that someone might consider he was speaking of all flesh and blood.   He already stated all flesh is not the same.   How then does the flesh of the man that is buried differ from the flesh of the man that is raised if all flesh is not the same and the body of the one buried is not the same as the body of the one raised.   Paul states the flesh is both spiritual and immortal.

Here is the Definition of SPIRITUAL at Merriam-Webster Online Dictinary:

1: of, relating to, consisting of, or affecting the spirit : INCORPOREAL
    2 a : of or relating to sacred matters
      b : ecclesiastical rather than lay or temporal
    3: concerned with religious values
    4: related or joined in spirit
    5 a : of or relating to supernatural beings or phenomena
      b : of, relating to, or involving spiritualism : SPIRITUALISTIC

I believe that entry 5 a “of or relating to supernatural beings or phenomena” is the correct definition of spiritual as applies to the risen body as it from heaven and not from this corrupt world.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All………….Again Spirit is not a body it is what is (IN)  bodies. Just that simple nothing difficult about it. Difficulty come in when people try to make a SPIRIT some kind of Metaphysical body of some sorts.  The reason flesh and blood CAN NOT (ENTER) into the Kingdom of GOD , is because the KINGDOM of GOD is (SPIRITUAL) and therefore (it) must (ENTER) into a body. The physical can not exist as BEING ALIVE without Spirit (IN) it. This holds true with the kingdom of God also. Jesus CLEARLY said  ” THE KINGDOM OF GOD DOES NOT COME WITH (OBSERVATION) (you can't see it) (BUT) IT IS (WITHIN) YOU”. It is a state of the MIND,  GOD is SPIRIT (INTELLECT) and can (EXIST) (IN) YOU and you then are spiritual and if he does his kingdom is (within you), Just as it was (IN) Jesus by the ANOINTING HE RECEIVED.  SPIRIT IS (NOT) A BODY OF ANY KIND NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE, IT IS WHAT IS (IN) A BODY.  If you can't get this straight you will always be confused in understanding scriptures.  IMO

peace and love to you all………………………………………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ Jan. 19 2011,03:41)
    Gene,
    You may have noticed that I have not challenged nor refuted anything you have written for a long time now.

To me, you are half right. Answer me two questions:

1) How is the word 'Spirit' defined?

2) what did Jesus say as his final words before he died regarding his Spirit, and also Steven before he died, too? (What was 'returned' to God?)

Istari, JA………> to me spirit is defined in it's simplest form as (INTELLECTS) of the thinking in the mind. That is the simplest way i see it.

Jesus said he commended his spirit to GOD Who in others Scriptures we are told gave it in the First place right. But then Jesus a Physical man died and HIS THOUGHTS PERISHED as scripture says they do when we die, THAT IS IT FOR EVER, Unless GOD reconstructs another body and adds that Spirit back into it> Had that not happened Jesus would be gone for ever and would never ever continue to exist. IMO

peace and love…………………………..gene

Baker
    Participant

Istari,Jan. wrote:

Yes Terra,

Mikeboll64 is the most ungodly person in this forum.[/quote

You will never make it as a human being if you continue this way…..you don't know the word NICE………………………….Peace and Love to you Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 19 2011,19:50)
    How then does the flesh of the man that is buried differ from the flesh of the man that is raised if all flesh is not the same and the body of the one buried is not the same as the body of the one raised. Paul states the flesh is both spiritual and immortal.

Hi Kerwin,

I hear what you're saying. I understand your point and how you believe it. I just disagree. If it says “FLESH” cannot enter heaven, then I assume that means any flesh. Spirits exist in heaven, yet Jesus says they do not have flesh.

Who is it that you think has flesh in heaven? Only Jesus?

peace and love to you,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Istari @ Jan. 19 2011,15:07)
    T,

That is the wisest thing you have ever said.
    It least you agree that Mikeboll64 is a Dumb ass. Hallelujah!

Hi Istari,

I pray you are well today and that God is blessing you abundantly.

I don't think that T was agreeing with you though. :)

But anyway, I haven't seen an answer to my question yet.

Do you think the Prince of Persia was a human being?

peace and love to you and yours,
    mike

Istari
    Participant

Mikeboll64,
    I cannot continue with you because you are the nastiest shit I have I ever crossed swords with.

I answered your question twice already yet you still say I have not answered you.

I don't (I do) know what's wrong with you but you have a fatal ability to be thicker than the thickest thing I've ever encountered (note, I didn't say Person, but THING)

You say you hope God has blessed me, you don't know the half of it. Yes, thank you for your prayers. Whatever you said, the goodness in it seems to have gelled with God for he has shown me an abundance of mercy but he says that this place is a place of sin and debauchery and that YOU, Mikeboll64, is the Jezebel of the forum. Not even WJ and KJj match you for your ungodliness disguised as spirit of wisdom and light, the false shepherd with his sheeplike sheep, the power of darkness envelopes you to cause you to be blind to honest truth which you replace with your despicable dishonest and disingenuousness.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Istari,

How did you even get that word to post? I thought there were blockers or something on this site.

Anyway, I don't remember seeing an answer. I remember a whole bunch of your imagination about debating spiritural things and that they weren't literally fighting.

But I never saw an actual answer. Why would it be so hard to post it again anyway? It's a one word answer. It's either “MAN” or it's “SPIRIT”. So……………..which is it?

With love,
    mike

kerwin
    Participant

Mike Boll,

I am glad you understand my take on about resurected humans have a immortal flesh blood body that is from heaven.  I believe I also understand yours.  

I believe angels come in more than one kind and some kinds have flesh and blood bodies.   I do not believe all do.

shimmer
    Participant

I must say, with all of the information which Jay has posted here regarding things, things people say they know nothing about, things people try to say are not in scripture, would you also say the same thing to Enoch ? Enoch knew things others did not, too.  

So, I want to say, thankyou Jay for all that I learnt from you on this forum.

shimmer
    Participant

I wish I had worded that better, i'm really tired, and I asked t8 to take away my edit (dont ask why).

Baker
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Jan. 20 2011,17:03)
    I must say, with all of the information which Jay has posted here regarding things, things people say they know nothing about, things people try to say are not in scripture, would you also say the same thing to Enoch ? Enoch knew things others did not, too.  

Shimmer! Did you also learn to abuse people? I for one did only learn from him, how nasty he can be, nothing else. I just can't understand you in spite of how nasty he was, you defend him!!!!!
    Why???
    Peace Irene

shimmer
    Participant

Irene, its not the name calling and things im thankyou him for, , its scriptual things im thanking him for.
    I learnt a lot from him.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 20 2011,15:10)
    Mike Boll,

I am glad you understand my take on about resurected humans have a immortal flesh blood body that is from heaven.  I believe I also understand yours.  

I believe angels come in more than one kind and some kinds have flesh and blood bodies.   I do not believe all do.

It is too much to claim that heavenly beings have flesh and blood.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ Jan. 20 2011,16:22)

Mike Boll,

And yet scripture bears witness that they do.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Jan. 20 2011,12:03)

I do no hold that the current books of Enoch are from God though I do believe they are altered variations of an origional which is from God.

Jesus teaches us that angels neither marry or are given in marriage and Enoch disagrees.  I do not except the spin that God changed his laws as God does not change and can foresee all things.  

The application of God's law may change giving the appearance of God's law changing.  I have heard no explanation on how this could be the case with angels and marrying.

kerwin
    Participant

Shimmer,

I have challenged certain people to support what they say with scripture and reason and yet they do not do so. This makes me believe that either they do not have and support or that they do not believe that their reasoning is convincing.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Jan. 20 2011,21:13)
    Irene, its not the name calling and things im thankyou him for, , its scriptual things im thanking him for.
    I learnt a lot from him.

Shimmer! Would you be so kind and tell me what I missed in the Scriptural truths JA thought you???
    I am curious….
    Peace Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 21 2011,04:57)

Quote (gollamudi @ Jan. 20 2011,16:22)

Mike Boll,

And yet scripture bears witness that they do.

Kerwin

were is it in scriptures that angels have flesh bodies in heaven??

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca…………..Where does scripture say they don't have bodies? Just because something is not in our spectrum of vision does not mean it does not have a body.  A body can exist in three forms in gas, liquid, or solid.  as water for instance  we are completely surrounded with water in a gas state and you can't see it , but it still is a body of water, we are just used to seeing it as a liquid thats all.

Angels have bodies with Spirit made by GOD (IN) them and they obey the Spirits (IN) them Just as you and I DO.  God lives vicariously in and through his creation all creation is his body he lives (IN) including US and Angels. He can speak (FIRST PERSON) THROUGH THEM ALSO. IMO

peace and love……………………………………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 1,941 through 1,960 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account