Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,861 through 1,880 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Mike Boll,

You asked me what scripture states only mortal flesh cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven and I will point out the rest of the verse that states flesh and “blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven” which states “the perishable cannot inherit the imperishable”.  That may be why Paul previously made the case that all flesh is not the same or it could be he was just using the word “flesh” as a synonym of “body”

By the way what scripture states all flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven?   Such a scripture does not exist nor have you explained why you believe Paul meant that in 1 Corinthians 15.

To be resurrected a human being must have living flesh.  Would you currently be alive if you did not have living flesh?

I agree that spiritual flesh is not the same as natural flesh.  It does not die unlike natural flesh.

I can read and understand English to a reasonable extent.   I simply do not believe your chosen interpretation as it appears like the Sadducees teachings, as both reject the resurrection of the dead.    There are certainly alternative ways to understand the scripture you have offered as proofs.  The problem you have is that “resurrection” means “to return one to life” and that is not speaking of the soul which is alive even after the body dies.  So I ask, what do you think being returned to life means?

Why do you think Jesus worked proofs to demonstrate to his disciples that he was and is alive, Acts 1:3?

Here are some scriptures to consider.

Romans 8:5-11(NIV)reads:

wrote:

Ephesians 2:22(NIV) reads: [quote)

And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

1 John 3:24(NIV) reads:

wrote:

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 14 2011,22:02)
    Irene,

Could you please consider the words in Acts 1:3 which state “After his suffering, he presented himself to them and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive.”  So it follows that God states Jesus gave many convincing proofs that he is alive to his disciples.  Some of these proofs he gave to prove he is alive are listed in Luke 24:36:43.  The only spirit I know that would fit the qualification that they did not believe Jesus was alive is the live soul of a dead person.   Such a soul would not have flesh and bone as those are supplied by the body that houses it.  I know of no where in scripture where a demon masquerades as a dead soul.  If that was the case then would not scripture state that he gave many convincing proofs that he was not a demon?

Now lets look at what Jesus states about Hades.  In the parable of the rich man and Lazarus he has two dead men speaking to one another and feeling either comfort or agony. We know they are dead because it states the rich man “also died and was buried” and he pleaded ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent’.    Jesus verifies that those that are right with God experience comfort when he told the thief “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”   We know that paradise is either the Garden of Eden or what is called the Arms of Abraham that is located in Hades by the Greek definitions of the word translated “paradise”, see reference for Paradeisos.  We also know that Jesus entered Hades which is the land of the dead on the day he spoke to the thief.

I agree with Ecclesiastes 3:18-22 that the body of man returns to dust except for a few cases, i.e. Jesus.   That does not tell us what happens to the soul.  The writer questions if the “spirit” of a man goes upward to heaven.  I do not know if spirit is soul or the breath of life in that question.  

I do not believe Solomon and Jesus disagree on the existence of souls in the land of the dead.   That means that they are not disagreeing on what the souls of the dead experience there.   The parable of the rich man and Lazarus demonstrates the dead have memories of their life as well as feeling either agony or comfort according to the soul of Abraham who stated “Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony”.  

It seems that In Ecclesiastes 9:1-10 Solomon is making the case that the dead do not know hope as he previously states “Anyone who is among the living has hope” and afterwards he states “they have no further reward”.   That sounds like a paraphrase of Hebrews 9:27.  He also seems to make the case their name, loves, and hates will be forgotten by the living as he also states “even their name is forgotten. Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished”.

In regards to 1 Corinthians 14:45, Genesis 27 expresses the same idea with different words as the Adam created from the dirt is the first Adam and the breath of life that animates that body is the second Adam.

Irene a human being is not resurrected until they are clothed in a physical body.   That is why Jesus strove to his disciples that he is alive and why they bear witness that he gave them proof he is alive to the entire world.  A ghost is a soul and so just a part of a human being though the essential human being.  God resurrects the whole human being, body, soul, and spirit.  The body is not the same body that died though it looks like a perfect version of it, unless God wills otherwise.   It is a body whose resiliency will not decrease as time goes on.  A body that is eternal so no accident, disease, or anything else will kill the one whose soul is housed in it.  We know that because scripture states there will no death or dying.

References

Luke 24:36-43(NIV) reads:

While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”
    They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate it in their presence.

There are others that I inadvertantly trashed that I will try to remember to post tommorow.  Sorry for my error.

Kerwin! Let us make it perfectly clear what Scriptures say about the resurrection of all that have died in Christ.

1Cr 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

1Cr 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

1Cr 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

To deny this is denying Scriptures. Now we have to ask our-self with what body was Christ resurrected. Are these Scriptures only meant for us our Jesus also. The whole Chapter talks about not only our resurrection, but Jesus first.
    He is the first in all Col 1:15-18 explains that.
    Also in John 1:1-14 it explains it more.
    Through out the Old Test. it was Jesus talking, because He is The Word Of God. Was He a Spiritual Body then? I think so, because John said that The Word of God became flesh in verse14 of John 1. Why would He have to even say so if He was only a flesh and blood, and did not exist before the world was. Also in

Phl 2:5 ¶ Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Phl 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Phl 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

He emptied Himself of what He was, in order to die for us. He was in the form of God. We know with out a shadow of doubt that Almighty God is a Spirit, and that also how Jesus was. And to that glory He returned to.

Jhn 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

When John speaks of the resurrection Jesus was the first. After that we also who are in Christ Jesus at His coming…. He will come back as

Rev 19:13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Rev 19:14 And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Rev 19:16 And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Not in flesh and blood, Scriptures tell us that…

You also quote Luke 24 lets look at that

I believe in order to show the Apostles that it really was He, He had to manifest and appear as a Human being, if we want to believe Scriptures that say He was resurrected as A Sp
    iritual Body…In one scripture it says that the doors were shut when He appeared to them….
    Kerwin, if you only believe that Jesus is flesh and blood then you have to do away with all those Scriptures I just quoted to you.
    Also then the ransom would not be in effect.

Mar 10:45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

A ransom is instead, the earthly body of Jesus has never been found…..it did not decay….I gave you Scriptures that shows that all sleep in their graves..until Christ returns, otherwise why have a resurrection of death, if they already have been resurrected….The death know nothing….. Lazarus, did Jesus give us many parables??? That is a whole new Subject, I think I will make a new tread about that. So look it up. Later today….

Whatever is written about Hades is in the future, the Lake of Fire where all ungodly men and Antichrist,Demons and Satan will suffer the second death…..All will burn up….ask yourself will God burn them forever and ever? I think not, just until all will perish, another subject…..
    I hope I have answered all questions if not show me….
    Peace and Love Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 14 2011,22:04)
    Romans 8:5-11(NIV)reads:

wrote:

Ephesians 2:22(NIV) reads: [quote)

And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

1 John 3:24(NIV) reads:

wrote:

Kerwin ………These scriptures are exactly right and all who are accounted to be resurrected from the grave and changed will all Have flesh Bodies just as Jesus now Has, and will live and reign with him on the earth for a thousand years in flesh bodies. I agree with everything you are saying with the exception of a Soul continuing to live after a person dies, Jesus mentioned only tow thing regarding eternal death , a body without a Spirit the combination equals a SOUL and GOD can destory both by leaving them in the Grave or Hell . You idea of three components of a person i believe is in error. Scripture say when GOD took a flesh body and breathed into it His Spirit (IT) then became a living SOUL. Scripture does not say GOD took a body added Soul and then Spirit as you assume it does. IMO

It is good that you understand a Spirit is NOT a BODY or Any kind as some think it is here. There is no such thing as a “spirit body” there is spirit (in) bodies. IMO

peace and love……………………………….gene

kerwin
    Participant

Irene,

We have previously discussed many of the scriptures you quoted and what I understand when I read them or hear them spoken is not the same as you understand. That is as it may be.

Resurrection means returned to life and that means we will be a live human being though a new kind of human being. Scripture never makes the case that human beings will be transformed into angels.

I agree that Daniel is told that he will rest for a time before receiving his allotted inheritance, Daniel 12:13. I also agree that as he rests his form decayed in the grave, Psalms 49:14. It is his soul that rests in Hades while his body decays in the grave. As he served God in his life he is comforted in his death knowing God rewards those who serve him.

Jesus rested in Hades on three days and during that time his body did not decay in his tomb. On the third day his body was miraculously transformed from mortal to immortal as he did not deserve death having never sinned. An immortal body cannot die and thus with the transformation he rose from the dead.

He gave his life, self sacrifice, to ransom us for it was that act of mercy that sealed the new covenant that would be and now is the means by which each man is called to changes their ways and do all that is right.

References:

Daniel 12:13(NIV) reads:

“As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance.”

Psalms 49:14(NIV) reads:

They are like sheep and are destined to die;
    death will be their shepherd
    (but the upright will prevail over them in the morning).
    Their forms will decay in the grave,
    far from their princely mansions.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Have you considered the argument Jesus made to point out the Sadducees were in error on the resurrection. If those we consider dead because their body is dead then why does God state the yet live if their essential self, aka their soul, is not living. Scripture uses soul to mean creature in the case of the creation of Adam and at other times. English uses it in this manner at times. I am not sure why the creation of Adams soul is not mentioned in Genesis 2:7. It may be that is related to him receiving the breath of life. In addition Jesus teaches us the body can destroyed without destroying the soul, Matthew 10:28.

References:

Genesis 2:7(NIV) reads:

Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Matthew 10:28(NIV) reads:

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 14 2011,17:02)
    Irene,

Could you please consider the words in Acts 1:3 which state “After his suffering, he presented himself to them and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive.”  So it follows that God states Jesus gave many convincing proofs that he is alive to his disciples.  Some of these proofs he gave to prove he is alive are listed in Luke 24:36:43.  The only spirit I know that would fit the qualification that they did not believe Jesus was alive is the live soul of a dead person.   Such a soul would not have flesh and bone as those are supplied by the body that houses it.  I know of no where in scripture where a demon masquerades as a dead soul.  If that was the case then would not scripture state that he gave many convincing proofs that he was not a demon?

Now lets look at what Jesus states about Hades.  In the parable of the rich man and Lazarus he has two dead men speaking to one another and feeling either comfort or agony. We know they are dead because it states the rich man “also died and was buried” and he pleaded ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent’.    Jesus verifies that those that are right with God experience comfort when he told the thief “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”   We know that paradise is either the Garden of Eden or what is called the Arms of Abraham that is located in Hades by the Greek definitions of the word translated “paradise”, see reference for Paradeisos.  We also know that Jesus entered Hades which is the land of the dead on the day he spoke to the thief.

I agree with Ecclesiastes 3:18-22 that the body of man returns to dust except for a few cases, i.e. Jesus.   That does not tell us what happens to the soul.  The writer questions if the “spirit” of a man goes upward to heaven.  I do not know if spirit is soul or the breath of life in that question.  

I do not believe Solomon and Jesus disagree on the existence of souls in the land of the dead.   That means that they are not disagreeing on what the souls of the dead experience there.   The parable of the rich man and Lazarus demonstrates the dead have memories of their life as well as feeling either agony or comfort according to the soul of Abraham who stated “Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony”.  

It seems that In Ecclesiastes 9:1-10 Solomon is making the case that the dead do not know hope as he previously states “Anyone who is among the living has hope” and afterwards he states “they have no further reward”.   That sounds like a paraphrase of Hebrews 9:27.  He also seems to make the case their name, loves, and hates will be forgotten by the living as he also states “even their name is forgotten. Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished”.

In regards to 1 Corinthians 15:45, Genesis 2:7 expresses the same idea with different words as the Adam created from the dirt is the first Adam and the breath of life that animates that body is the second Adam.

Irene a human being is not resurrected until they are clothed in a physical body.   That is why Jesus strove to his disciples that he is alive and why they bear witness that he gave them proof he is alive to the entire world.  A ghost is a soul and so just a part of a human being though the essential human being.  God resurrects the whole human being, body, soul, and spirit.  The body is not the same body that died though it looks like a perfect version of it, unless God wills otherwise.   It is a body whose resiliency will not decrease as time goes on.  A body that is eternal so no accident, disease, or anything else will kill the one whose soul is housed in it.  We know that because scripture states there will no death or dying.

References

Luke 24:36-43(NIV) reads:

While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”
    They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate it in their presence.

There are others that I inadvertantly trashed that I will try to remember to post tommorow.  Sorry for my error.

Accidently Trashed References:

Ecclesiastes 3:18-22(NIV) reads:

I also said to myself, “As for humans, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?”
    So I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot. For who can bring them to see what will happen after them?

Ecclesiastes 9:1-10(NIV) reads:

So I reflected on all this and concluded that the righteous and the wise and what they do are in God’s hands, but no one knows whether love or hate awaits them. All share a common destiny—the righteous and the wicked, the good and the bad, the clean and the unclean, those who offer sacrifices and those who do not.
    As it is with the good,
    so with the sinful;
    as it is with those who take oaths,
    so with those who are afraid to take them.
    This is the evil in everything that happens under the sun: The same destiny overtakes all. The hearts of people, moreover, are full of evil and there is madness in their hearts while they live, and afterward they join the dead. Anyone who is among the living has hope—even a live dog is better off than a dead lion!
    For the living know that they will die,
    but the dead know nothing;
    they have no further reward,
    and even their name is forgotten.
    Their love, their hate
    and their jealousy have long since vanished;
    never again will they have a part
    in anything that happens under the sun.
    Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do. Always be clothed in white, and always anoint your head with oil. Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun—all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun. Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledg
    e nor wisdom.

Hebrews 9:27(NIV) reads:

Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

1 Corinthians 15:45(NIV) reads:

So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[a]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Note: I also gave the wrong address for a couple of scriptures in my origional post. I have bolded and underlined these here in their corrected form.

shimmer
    Participant

Have you ever heard of the word meditation ? when God speaks to a person with revelation ?

Thats when you hear from the Holy Spirit and hear the Word of God. God will speak to us when we are in the spirit, up until then we are reading words on a piece of paper and our carnal mind is trying to make sense of it.

(My small post for the day…. didnt know where to put it !)

shimmer
    Participant

Quote Anomonous……….Everyone has a Soul. Yes God has a soul, men have a soul, animals have soul, and I will assume that angels have one as well being that God has a soul.
    Everything that lives has the Spirit of God (Breath of Life) within them.
    Adam became a Living Soul once the breath of Life entered him. Everything perished in the flood who had the breath of life.
    The question is: What is the spirit of God and man? We have Soul (The intellect or being). We have breath of Life which is the energy force of all living things. Then we have spirit = ?  

I am a strict constructionist in scripture and try not to depart from the meaning or insert a meaning. I still don't have the total answer but this is what I have seen so far.

Maybe you are right! But! The word for spirit is breath. The soul appears to be something else. The problem is this:
    If all things are made from the essence of God and God cannot send Himself to hell. The soul has to be something which, some how is apart from God.
    I can see that when a person or animal dies it is because the “Breath of Life or God” has left the person or animal. When the breath leaves, it then returns to God as it should. There is no understanding in the breath as far as I can see. The breath is the power or life of the creature.
    However the Soul is a entity unto its self and lives on and it is the Soul which will live or be destroyed (Die).
    I did a lengthy study of Soul and Spirit and saw the separation between them.
    Adam and Eve were not the only people God created when He reformed the earth. The other people were those outside the Garden. These were were the common men and woman created separately from Adam and Eve.
    Adam and Eve were especially placed in the garden for training in Kingship and to rule. This is why all men fell when King Adam fell and why all men are reconciled through King Jesus
    ………….Unquote

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Shimmer………..The problem is the word Soul is many times mistranslated and should be translated Spirit, if ADAM became a Living SOUL when Spirit was added into him them before that he was a dead SOUL, a lifeless body. Jesus said GOD could destory the SOUL in the GRAVE and he also implied only (TWO) thing make up a Person, a Spirit and a BODY, these two compose a living Soul and he said “BOTH” can be destroyed in the grave, so if that is the case a resurrection is necessary. Jesus did not say a person could be destroyed outside the grave. A Person cannot exist as a living Soul with out a Body and Spirit IN it. Jesus did not say God could destory a person by destroying only his body only , but as long as the body is gone so is the soul and if GOD leaves that body in a stated of corruption that person no longer exists and he is destroyed then in the grave.

When Jesus said don't fear them that can destory the Body and after that do nothing else he knew God could reconstruct our Bodies again and add spirit back into them, but only He could do that and if he decide to leave our bodies in the grave we would be destroyed forever in the grave. It is God alone who has power over the GRAVE to bring about a resurrection of our bodies no one else does so no one can truly destory us by killing our bodies only God can do that, by leaving us in the grave, that was Jesus' point.. IMO

All resurrection show a resurrection of a Body with Spirit in it. Remember when Jesus was dying he said Father he commended his “Spirit” to YOU , not his Soul because his Soul died and his spirit went one way and his body went another, he at that time ceased to be a living Soul he was dead his Spirit went back to him who gave it, his thoughts Perished he was indeed dead and would still be that way unless the Father raised him from the grave by restoring his “BODY” and adding back spirit into it, and at that time he again became a living Soul as he is now with a Flesh body that will never die again. IMO

peace and love to you and yours Shimmer…………………………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Shimmer………..Gods Soul is the CREATION HE LIVES (IN). So in that sense He does have a Soul. GOD is spirit and lives vicariously in his creation, that is why the hidden attributes of God can be seen by the thing he has created. But GOD is no a man He is SPIRIT as Jesus' said he was. There is a real confusion in the term SOUL in scripture it in most places should be translated SPIRIT, this confusion is the cause of the teaching that there is three thing that compose a man , spirit , body, and soul, but the fact is that there is only two thing that compose a man a BODY+ SPIRIT IN IT and the EQUALS a SOUL> IMO

peace and love……………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Astari,

I pray that God is blessing you abundantly.

Quote (Istari @ Jan. 14 2011,20:15)

Mikeboll64, what separates one angel from another?
    Well, since Angels/Spirits are 'Immaterial Beings' there is no need of a separating element.

So they all just blend together into one being?  How does one angel know he's talking to Michael and not to Gabriel?  Where does the being of Gabriel end and Michael begin?

Quote (Istari @ Jan. 14 2011,20:15)

Hmmm…sounds like the 'Dimensions' I was talking about, eh?

Yes, let's do talk more about this.  As I remember, your contention is that all angels are all places at all times………is this correct?

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

And Istari…………

This is from some definitions of “body” that Kerwin posted:

3 a : a mass of matter distinct from other masses
     b : something that embodies or gives concrete reality to a thing; also : a sensible object in physical space

This is how I understand “bodies”.  Many are focused only on bodies as we understand them on earth.  But a body does not have to be “skin”, as you so carnaly point out.  A body of water is not surrounded by “skin”, for instance.

I don't think angels are “immaterial” as you suggest.  If they were completely “immaterial”, and only “created” human bodies to mate with human women, then the sperm that impregnated the human egg would have also been human, and the Nephilim wouldn't have been any different from any other human.

For the Nephilim to be half angel/half human, they would have had to have half “angel DNA” or whatever.  A totally immaterial substance could not have impregnated the very material human egg, IMO.  

A body is something that simply separates one thing from all the other things in existence.  It makes this one thing “distinct” from all other things………like the definition above explains.

mike

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 15 2011,21:58)
    Gene,

Have you considered the argument Jesus made to point out the Sadducees were in error on the resurrection.  If those we consider dead because their body is dead then why does God state the yet live if their essential self, aka their soul, is not living.   Scripture uses soul to mean creature in the case of the creation of Adam and at other times.  English uses it in this manner at times.  I am not sure why the creation of Adams soul is not mentioned in Genesis 2:7.  It may be that is related to him receiving the breath of life.  In addition Jesus teaches us the body can destroyed without destroying the soul, Matthew 10:28.

References:

Matthew 10:28(NIV) reads:

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Kerwin……….If you look up what Jesus said about the person being destroyed in Hell (GRAVE), you will see the word there used for Soul is mistranslated it should be SPIRIT, the separation of SPIRIT from the BODY, destroys the person and only GOD can reconstruct him By recreating a new Body and Adding Spirit back into it, and again He will become a LIVING SOUL. As long as this separation exists the person has Perished and no longer function at all. So as it say when a man dies his thoughts PARISH and HE has PERISHED as far as He is concerned, until GOD decide to RECONSTRUCT a BODY and Put His SPIRIT INTO IT> A resurrection is absolutely crucial in order for us to live again after our bodies die. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 14 2011,22:04)
    By the way what scripture states all flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven? Such a scripture does not exist nor have you explained why you believe Paul meant that in 1 Corinthians 15.

Hi Kerwin,

There is nothing in your post that changes the fact that FLESH cannot enter heaven.

Do you suggest that Paul was saying “only certain flesh” cannot enter heaven?

Kerwin, Jesus is no longer a human being……he is a spirit.

Scripture clearly teaches us both of these things, but your mind will just not let go of your original understanding that Jesus always was and always will be human. Why on earth would the second most powerful being in existence be stuck in one of the least powerful sacks of skin in existence?

mike

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 14 2011,12:26)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 14 2011,03:01)
    If you believe Jesus now exists as a SPIRIT (BEING) Then prove it.

1 Corinthians 15:45 NIV
    So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17-18
    Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

How many times will I have to “prove it”?  ???  You CAN read, right?  :)

peace and love,
    mike

Mike ………. IF The last man ADAM (Jesus) did not become a Livening Being then according to YOU Jesus is still dead right? A life giving Spirit in a body is a “Living” being as it is in all living Beings.

What amazes me is how you people can take a scripture and read so much into them that are not specifically said and swear it is the truth, No scripture shows any one alive without a BODY except GOD who live vicariously (IN) his CREATION>

Mike, you call that your (PROOF) that Jesus does not have a Flesh and BONE Body, and then go on to ridicule Me. How asinine can you get? You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about on this subject IMO.

Simply Put SPIRIT IS the life (INTELLECT) THAT DRIVE ALL CREATION THAT HAS LIFE IN IT, IT IS NOT MATTER BUT INTELLIGENCE THAT CREATES AND BRINGS THINGS INTO BEING AND ITS SOURCE IS YHWH, OUR GOD HIMSELF, who is the source of all spirits that ever existed and will ever exist.

You false assumption of SPIRIT “BODIES” is false there is only SPIRIT (IN) BODIES. And Angels do have visible bodies rather we can see them or not they do have bodies made up of matter.They are much like WATER, they can exist in three states and invisible gas, or liquid, or Solid (ice). I do not know , nor do you Mike , nor does anyone else here know.

Jesus has now the very body he was raised up with it is not a spirit body of any type but a body that in continually regenerated by life giving Spirit (IN) it and can love for ever. This is the same body all who recieve eternal life will have also after there resurrection, or change takes place.

Peace and love……………………gene

Istari
    Participant

Mikeboll64,
    Why do you seek the flesh end of understanding. And yes, thank you, God has blessed me abundantly, but that is a private matter!

If you are truly seeking wisdom on this matter then listen up closely:
    Spirits are bodiless beings.

Like radio waves, Spirits are Everywhere all at the same time.

In the fifth dimension nothing physical can exist because there is no need nor reason.

Mikeboll64, did you go to school and do Math? Maybe that's why you can't understand.
    Physical world is unto and including the fourth dimension.
    Can you see that. We, everything we see, touch, feel, hear, perceive elementally – visible or invisibly, is in the fourth dimension: Time, Volume, Area, length!

Mikeboll64, what happens if you up the ante and move to the fifth dimension?
    Can you imagine what then? What, you can't? Explains why you can't see that a physical entity can't exist beyond the fourth dimension!
    It is the realm of the Spirit. Mikeboll64, the fifth and higher dimensions are the Spirit realm.

In the fifth dimension, a Spirit exist everywhere and can materialise in any one place in linear time.

You ask how does Michael know he's speaking to Gabriel?
    Mikeboll64, you display sincere ignorance in this (and many other) regard!

Spirits, don't need a physical vision or sight of another innorder to communicate.

Mikeboll64, when you call a friend on your mobilephone, does the person have a physical body that you see, even on a video link? Mikeboll64, no, no, no! You PERCEIVE the other person.
    Can you have sex with your friend over the phone, can you make him pregnant? No, it is IN THE SPIRIT that you speak or interact with him.
    And, does distance matter? But it is in linear time.
    And, see that you can't actually interact physically in the fifth dimension but you can interact in the spirit. You can INFLUENCE THE BEHAVIOUR of another.

And you can reach out to anyone else. See, Mikeboll64, you are in Arizona, USA, where people kill on mass with bullets from guns, and I am in England, yet we are interacting by the spirit medium of the Internet, even though the forum is actually in New Zealand.

But the greater spectacle, is that Angelic Spirits can come DOWN into the fourth dimension.
    To come into the fourth dimension means acquiring a body. The fourth dimension demands a visible body else all sorts of disastrous and 'ghostly' happenings would occur away from human perception, and that would be unfair and unacceptable spirit behaviour.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Istari @ Jan. 16 2011,01:46)
    Like radio waves, Spirits are Everywhere all at the same time.

Hi Astari,

First, you know nothing more about “dimensions” than any other human being in existence, so don't speak as if you do.

Second, if spirits are “everywhere all at the same time”, then how could Satan and a third of the angels be thrown OUT OF HEAVEN? Wouldn't they still be IN HEAVEN if they are “everywhere at the same time”?

peace and love,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 16 2011,01:37)
    What amazes me is how you people can take a scripture and read so much into them that are not specifically said and swear it is the truth, No scripture shows any one alive without a BODY except GOD who live vicariously (IN) his CREATION>

First Gene, scripture doesn't ever say that God doesn't have a body.

Second, I've shown you SCRIPTURALLY that Jesus is no longer a man (Gal 1:1, 12) and that he is a spirit (1 Cor 15:45, 2 Cor 3:17, 18).

I can do nothing else for you, my friend.

peace and love to you,
    mike

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike………..So who is this SON OF “MAN “that is going to return to Earth then.  Is he going to have a “BODY” or is he going to be some invisible “SPIRIT” who has no BODY. And yes scripture does say GOD does not Have a BODY , If He did then HOW was that BODY IN Jesus' BODY at the same time Jesus' Spirit was in that BODY.  Jesus also said the (WORDS) HE SPOKE TO US (ARE) SPIRIT AND LIFE , NOW does that mean the words have BODIES too because Jesus said they were SPIRIT RIGHT? Nothing you or other say as spirit having any kind of Body makes any sense at all, no where in scripture does it say Spirits have BODIES of any kind, why?, because they don't > Again for the hundredth time, SPIRIT IS NOT A BODY IT IS WHAT IS (IN) BODIES, it is the life (intellect) working (in) the Body it is (IN), when are you people going to get it? Spirit is the LIFE Force (IN) any Body that has life (IN) IT>

MYSTERY PAGAN RELIGION you have recieved from the world has complicated and confused THIS WHOLE ISSUE. It is so simple Just look what GOD did with ADAM and the creation.  Simply put SPIRITS DO NOT HAVE BODIES, No more than you thoughts have or are bodies, IT(spirit) EXIST IN BODIES (it) spirit POSSES AND LIVE IN BODIES>. Get it yet? Spirit is just (intellect) residing (in) our bodies and what ever that spirit intellect is , is what we will do because those spirits animate our bodies to respond to there directions, life is the spirit (in) any body and if GOD were to retract his spirits from all flesh all flesh would die and no longer function as a (BEING) of any kind. And that goes for Angel also. IMO

peace and love………………………………………….gene

peace and love………………………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Like I said Gene,

There is nothing I can do for you.  You continue to ignore scriptures in favor of your own brain.  When you decide to actually address how a scripture that specifically says Jesus is now a spirit doesn't really mean Jesus is now a spirit, let me know.

Until you address the actual scriptures that you disagree with, there is no reason for me to waste my time talking with you.

No offence, but I have better things to do than listen to your claims that directly go against scripture.

peace and love,
    mike

Viewing 20 posts - 1,861 through 1,880 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account