Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,121 through 5,140 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terriccal……… It seem you are the one who doesn't understand that one scripture not me .You have given you rendition on what they mean none of them conflict with what i “QUOTED” in Genesis, None of them say there are three parts of a Man , a Body , a Soul, a Spirit , That is your rendition of what Scripture is saying . I asked you a question do you see where when God made Man in the first place that there was a BODY, a SOUL, a Spirit. I think not. forcing the text to meet you false teaching is wrong Pierre.

peace and love…………………………………………………gene

toby
    Participant

Hi Mikeboll. I'm sorry you find what I write such a chore to read.  Are you like this with everyone? (No answer required – it was a rhetorical question).

I will try to be shorter from now on:

You say that the body of a Spirit is made of 'Spirit'.

Is this not a little bit recursive? (No need to answer unless you really need to!!)
    I take it then that if you were asked what the body of a Human Being is made of, you would say, 'Human'.

But, let's take what you say that the body of a Spirit is made of Spirit.
    Here is the single question for you:
    Is there a Spirit inside the body of the Spirit?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike………….I would like to know what Toby Said also , in you view does a Spirit Body have a
    Spirit (IN) it. if so could define that body to us. You say Spirit are bodies so can we say we have a Spirit Body (IN) our Bodies, if that were so then that would be two bodies and a Spirit also right? did the man with the legion have a thousand Spirit “bodies” in his body plus the Spirit of MAN also IN him all at once. And if so why did they want permission to go into the pigs seeing they did  not need a body because they had bodies themselves?.  

Mike you are wrong in your presumption that Spirit is a body brother that simply does not fit scripture. A body is on thing and a Spirit is quite another. There is no Spirit “BODY”  There is Spiritual Bodies , Bodies kept alive and by Spirit , this is what Paul coined as “SPIRITUAL BODIES> Our RESURRECTED exact DNA Bodies will be Kept alive for ever by the Holy Spirit  (the tree of Life) as we take part of (IT).

Mike God did not create His creation to be done away with but to be preserved by his Spirit of Life that will work in all his creation for ever, there it say the “WHOLE” Creation will be delivered from its bondage of corruption and we also are waiting for this deliverance that will witness the redemption of our “BODIES” just as Paul has said.

peace and love…………………………………………………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 07 2012,09:41)
    Terriccal……… It seem you are the one who doesn't understand  that one scripture not me .You have given you rendition on what they mean  none of them conflict with what i “QUOTED” in Genesis,  None of them say there are three parts of a Man , a Body , a Soul, a Spirit , That is your rendition of what Scripture is saying . I asked you a question do you see where when God made Man in the first place that there was a BODY, a SOUL, a Spirit. I think not. forcing the text to meet you false teaching is wrong Pierre.

peace and love…………………………………………………gene

gene

:D  :D  :D  :D  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :O  :O  :p

gene

I give you three scriptures ,you give me one and it does not contradict my three scriptures and the four scriptures I have given prior to the three previous ones this is seven scriptures and you give me ONE and because you can not understand my seven you blame me for not understanding your logic conclusion
    on one scripture that you do not even understand ???

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricaa…………..You don't even understand not only the One i posted but as a result of not understanding that ONE Scripture you are unable to understand the other you gave. Let just deal with the one I posted (FIRST) then let talk about the others OK?

You just ignore that scripture and force your own ideas into the rest of the others to fit you dogmas and false teachings. IMO

Trying to ridicule people to make it appear you are right is just your MO and we all kn ow that. You can't explain something in question so you go the bible and try to find any thing you can make others think you know what you are talking about and then try to ridicule them like you really do know what you are saying . Now the is a Joke at best IMO>

peace and love………………………………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (toby @ Mar. 06 2012,14:03)
    I take it then that if you were asked what the body of a Human Being is made of, you would say, 'Human'.

Ha ha!  Good one!  :)  

Yes.

We have our own spirits, which are animated by God's Spirit.  So basically, we are a spirit being encased within an earthly body.  It is that earthly body that inhibits us – holds us captive, if you will.

A spiritual body does not have the requirements or limitations that an earthly body does.  The angels are more free because they, while basically being spirits animated by God's Spirit – just like us – aren't tied down to the ball and chain of an earthly body.

Toby, picture a single drop of water.  Its body (outer perimeter) is made of the same substance as the rest of it.  Now picture that drop of water existing inside of a flesh body, weighed down by gravity and other forces.

That's the difference between us an angels. (At least as far as this discussion goes.)

Does that help at all?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 06 2012,15:11)
    Mike you are wrong in your presumption that Spirit is a body brother that simply does not fit scripture.

Gene, for the thousandth time, none of us on this thread has EVER said a spirit IS a body.

What we've said is that spirit BEINGS, such as angels, HAVE bodies – which with YOU agree.

What is wrong with you?  I've told you this and told you this, yet you KEEP ON “teaching” me that spirits aren't bodies.  ???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 07 2012,16:47)
    Terricaa…………..You don't even understand not only the One i posted but as a result of not understanding that ONE Scripture you are unable to understand the other you gave. Let just deal with the one I posted (FIRST) then let talk about the others OK?

You just ignore that scripture and force your own ideas into the rest of the others to fit you dogmas and false teachings. IMO

Trying to ridicule people to make it appear you are right is just your MO and we all kn ow that. You can't explain something in question so you go the bible and try to find any thing you can make others think you know what you are talking about and then try to ridicule them like you really do know what you are saying . Now the is a Joke at best IMO>

peace and love………………………………………….gene

gene

answer my questions
    ????????????????????????????

kerwin
    Participant

To,

Do departed spirits have bodies?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 07 2012,22:41)
    To,

kERWIN

that s a good question ,well wen we die our body goes to the earth and our spirit (soul) goes back to God who has given it .

our soul is not some thing that can move and work without a body ,so i believe that no it as not a functional body but it should have a envelope of a type ,because all souls are not destroyed before they are judged ,in revelation it shows that the souls are in a waiting position ,stand still no works no actions ,

what you think??

toby
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 07 2012,10:09)

Ha ha!  Good one!  :)  

Yes.

We have our own spirits, which are animated by God's Spirit.  So basically, we are a spirit being encased within an earthly body.  It is that earthly body that inhibits us – holds us captive, if you will.

A spiritual body does not have the requirements or limitations that an earthly body does.  The angels are more free because they, while basically being spirits animated by God's Spirit – just like us – aren't tied down to the ball and chain of an earthly body.

Toby, picture a single drop of water.  Its body (outer perimeter) is made of the same substance as the rest of it.  Now picture that drop of water existing inside of a flesh body, weighed down by gravity and other forces.

That's the difference between us an angels.  (At least as far as this discussion goes.)

Does that help at all?

Hi Mikeboll.
    I thought you said to confine the discussion to Spirits in Heaven?  But none-the-less… You said that we have a Spirit animated by God's Spirit which is encased in an Earthly body (Or words to that effect).  This description does not answer the question because it says that the Spirit Being of a Human is inside a body of flesh.  When the person dies, that is, the Animated Spirit of the Human Being leaves the body of the human Being then that Animated Spirit is 'No Longer' in a Body – it does not have a Body.  The earthly body starts to decay in its grave.

When Speaking of the Spirit that is Angel (A 'Messenging' Spirit of God) there is no need to compare it with an earthly Being.  Hence the question that you yourself posed in extension is:  'Does a Spirit Being in Heaven such as Angels, Jesus and God, have Bodies in the heavenly realm?'  You say that the body of the Spirit Being is made of Spirit and that there is a Spirit animated by God's Spirit inside that body of Spirit.  But, Mikeboll, what is 'A Spirit Body' and how is that different from the Spirit Animated by the Spirit of God?  What is the 'Composition of a Spirit Body' and the 'Composition of the Animated Spirit'?  ((You – can say that a Spirit is made of Spirit and contains a Spirit but what IS a Spirit?  Mikeboll, this is just to explain what 'Recursive' means: you have defined 'Spirit' by reference to itself.  To answer my question means further recursion by way of saying 'Spirit is Spirit is Spirit is Sp…!')))

What you initially described is what Gene has been saying all along:  'God makes his Angels and puts Spirits in them'.  Which is an incredulous misinterpretation of: 'God makes his Angels Spirits', which, properly translated, means:  'God's messengers are Spirits'.  Mikeboll, you speak of the earthly body and I notice you avoided using the word 'Flesh and Blood' which is the dictionary definition of a body (in the context we are discussing).  It is also clear that 'Flesh and Blood' is 'Body' of a Human Being.

Please, the only question you need answer is: 'What is the body of a Spirit made of?  What is its composition and show your source of evidence'.

toby
    Participant

Mikeboll, you said,

Mikeboll, the 'Outer Perimeter' of a substance is not it's 'Body', It is it's 'Skin'.

Also, if the 'Outer Perimeter' and 'The Body' and the thing itself are all the same, that is called 'Homogeneous'.  Where is the separation of the 'Body' of the substance from the 'Spirit' of the substance?

If the 'Body' is Spirit and the 'Spirit' is Spirit, how do you deferentiate the 'Body Spirit' from the 'Spirit Spirit'?

Some time ago, you said that Jesus was in a 'Spiritual Body' (Your term for what you call 'the Body of a Spirit')… before he came to earth: His Animated Spirit was in a Body of Spirit.  When Jesus came to Earth, he left that Body of Spirit and entered a 'Body' of Earthly Flesh (The Body Prepared for Him).

What happened to that 'Spiritual Body' that he left?
    When he left that Spiritual Body, was his Spirit in a Body before entering the Earthly body?  Or was that 'Spiritual Body Transformed' into a Flesh Body?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 07 2012,11:33)

To,

kERWIN

that s a good question ,well wen we die our body goes to the earth and our spirit (soul) goes back to God who has given it .

our soul is not some thing that can move and work without a body ,so i believe that no it as not a functional body but it should have a envelope of a type ,because all souls are not destroyed before they are judged ,in revelation it shows that the souls are in a waiting position ,stand still no works no actions ,

what you think??

terraricca,

The disciples initially thought Jesus was a departed spirit when they saw him walking on water.

The envelope you speak of would be comprised of spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All…………Can't you all see how confused you are about what A SPIRIT (IS) , this is a fundamental Tent that need to be throughly understood, or you will have all kind of Mystery Ideologies . Like thinking Spirits (ARE) Bodies of some kind , Now we have,, a Spirit of GOD animating Our Spirit, when (ALL) Spirits are of GOD He along is the creator of all Spirit. Spirits are the driving force of our thoughts and give us our cognate abilities, Nothing more and nothing less, they are what is (IN) physical Bodies of all KINDS and TYPES.

Now tell me is there any thing confusing about that, There is clean and unclean Spirits (INTELLECTS) there is the Seven Spirits (intellects) of ONE GOD This mixing up SPIRITS with BODIES is a false teachings. There are NO SPIRIT BODIES, there is ONLY (physical) Bodies that are Spiritual in Nature, because of the Spirits (IN) them, which form there Nature. If you have the Spirit of God in you then you will have that Nature also (IN) YOU, Your Body + those Spirits = your complete “LIVING SOUL”. There is nothing complicated about it, this complication comes from people whose thinking is Metaphysical and stems from the false teaching of the Pagans Plato, Aristotle, and the rest of the Greeks who believed in mixing Spirits with men as man Gods.

So we now have to deal with People who think there is a Neither world of Human Being that are still alive after they dies, and there exist Satan Gods, Demons “BEINGS” going around jumping in and out of People , Ghost of the dearly departed, and on and on it goes . All of this is a result of Pagan teachings . All kinds of conjecture but Not “PROOF” of any of them.

These false teaching has so penetrated the Church that no wonder there is thousands of different Denominations that exist today, It all is becasue of these Pagan teachings entering the Church way Back in the beginning and unless they are filtered out there will be only continuing confusions. IMO

Simply put………. THERE ARE NOT SPIRIT BODIES OF ANY KIND, SPIRITS ARE WHAT IS (IN) BODIES AND ALL BODIES ARE PHYSICAL, CREATED BY GOD AND THEN SPIRIT ADDED INTO THEN BY GOD AND THEN THEY BECOME A “LIVING SOUL”.

There is no confusion about it, we are LIVING SOULS, which consist of , a body, and spirit. Nothing more and Nothing Less Just that simple . When we die our Bodies go to the grave or Spirits go (BACK) to GOD who gave (IT) in the first place. There is no living “BEING” after death “for when a man dies his (THOUGHTS) Parish, He no longer exists and unless God the Father creates another Body and add Spirit back into it we would be gone for ever. Therefore our Hop is in the RESURRECTION of OUR BODIES, becasue we can't continue to exist as a “LIVING SOUL” again with out a Body and Spirit in it.

The reason Jesus said God could destory (BOTH) Body and Soul ( which consists of a Body and Spirit) in the grave is we can not exist as a LIVING SOUL with out (BOTH) a Body and a SPIRIT (IN IT) it take (BOTH) for us to be a “LIVING SOUL” . and as long as the body is separated from the Spirit we simply can not continue to exist, So God can destory us by simply leaving our bodies (IN the GRAVE).

peace and love to you all……………………………………………………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 08 2012,02:24)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 07 2012,11:33)

To,

kERWIN

what you think??

terraricca,

The disciples initially thought Jesus was a departed spirit when they saw him walking on water.  

The envelope you speak of would be comprised of spirit.

Kerwin

Jn 20:13 They asked her, “Woman, why are you crying?”
    “They have taken my Lord away,” she said, “and I don’t know where they have put him.”
    Jn 20:14 At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.
    Jn 20:15 “Woman,” he said, “why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?”
    Thinking he was the gardener, she said, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him.”
    Jn 20:16 Jesus said to her, “Mary.”

Lk 24:13 Now that same day two of them were going to a village called Emmaus, about seven miles from Jerusalem.
    Lk 24:14 They were talking with each other about everything that had happened.
    Lk 24:15 As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them;
    Lk 24:16 but they were kept from recognizing him.
    Lk 24:17 He asked them, “What are you discussing together as you walk along?”
    They stood still, their faces downcast.
    Lk 24:18 One of them, named Cleopas, asked him, “Are you only a visitor to Jerusalem and do not know the things that have happened there in these days?”
    Lk 24:19 “What things?” he asked.
    “About Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied. “He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people.
    Lk 24:20 The chief priests and our rulers handed him over to be sentenced to death, and they crucified him;
    Lk 24:21 but we had hoped that he was the one who was going to redeem Israel. And what is more, it is the third day since all this took place.
    Lk 24:22 In addition, some of our women amazed us. They went to the tomb early this morning
    Lk 24:23 but didn’t find his body. They came and told us that they had seen a vision of angels, who said he was alive.
    Lk 24:24 Then some of our companions went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but him they did not see.”
    Lk 24:25 He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken!
    Lk 24:26 Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?”
    Lk 24:27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.
    Lk 24:28 As they approached the village to which they were going, Jesus acted as if he were going farther.
    Lk 24:29 But they urged him strongly, “Stay with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over.” So he went in to stay with them.
    Lk 24:30 When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them.
    Lk 24:31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight.
    Lk 24:32 They asked each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?”
    Lk 24:33 They got up and returned at once to Jerusalem. There they found the Eleven and those with them, assembled together
    Lk 24:34 and saying, “It is true! The Lord has risen and has appeared to Simon.”
    Lk 24:35 Then the two told what had happened on the way, and how Jesus was recognized by them when he broke the bread.

NU 12:8 With him I speak mouth to mouth,
    Even openly, and not in dark sayings,
    And he beholds the form of the LORD.
    Why then were you not afraid
    To speak against My servant, against Moses?”
    DT 4:12 “Then the LORD spoke to you from the midst of the fire; you heard the sound of words, but you saw no form—only a voice.
    DT 4:15 “So watch yourselves carefully, since you did not see any form on the day the LORD spoke to you at Horeb from the midst of the fire,
    DT 4:16 so that you do not act corruptly and make a graven image for yourselves in the form of any figure

Mk 16:11 When they heard that Jesus was alive and that she had seen him, they did not believe it.
    Mk 16:12 Afterward Jesus appeared in a different form to two of them while they were walking in the country.
    Mk 16:13 These returned and reported it to the rest; but they did not believe them either.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (toby @ Mar. 07 2012,00:57)
    Please, the only question you need answer is: 'What is the body of a Spirit made of? What is its composition and show your source of evidence'.

Answer: SPIRIT

Evidence: 1 Cor 15, 2 Cor 5

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (toby @ Mar. 07 2012,00:57)
    When the person dies, that is, the Animated Spirit of the Human Being leaves the body of the human Being then that Animated Spirit is 'No Longer' in a Body – it does not have a Body.

What SCRIPTURE tells you this, Toby?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 07 2012,09:17)
    To All…………Can't you all see how confused you are about what A SPIRIT (IS) , this is a fundamental Tent that need to be throughly understood, or you will have all kind of Mystery Ideologies

Gene,

What is the definition of the word “spirit” in Luke 24:37?

toby
    Participant

Mikeboll,

When asked what the composition of Spirit is you answered: Spirit.

This is an answer that displays lack of credibility of a responsible person.

Additional to that, the Scripture you refer to does not describe the body and composition of Spirit.  
    It defines the body and composition of the resurrected body of He who was raised from the dead and was seen and touched or will be raised from the dead at the last trumpet.

Since we have been through all of this already I assume your answer of 'Spirit' means you have no idea and can only become recursive as I predicted.  
    But not even that – it was obvious that it was the only answer you could give:
    What is Spirit? It is Spirit!
    What is Spirit made of? It is made of Spirit!
    But what IS Spirit? It is Spirit!
    So there is a body of Spirit which has a Spirit in it. Does the Spirit in the Spirit body have a body of its own? Yes, a Spirit body?
    So, the Spirit in the Spirit body, it itself has a Spirit body?
    What is the Spirit body of the spirit in the body of the spirit made of?

Mikeboll, here is your question:
    Why can we not see the bodies of Spirits in Heaven now?
    Why can we not see Jesus and God?
    And how we're Angel Spirits seen on Earth?

(These are ONE question in multiple parts: when is a Spirit visible and invisible and how does it manifest between one state and the other?)

toby
    Participant

Mikeboll,
    You asked which Scripture says that the Spirit is bodiless when it leaves the body of flesh.

When you take off your coat, are you still in a coat?
    When you leave you your automobile, are you still in an automobile?
    When you leave you Tent, are you still in a Tent?

Does Scriptures not say that the Spirit is naked but will be put into a Spiritual Tent

Did you yourself not present that same Scripture but yet you now ask me to show it to you?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,121 through 5,140 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account