Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,121 through 4,140 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 17 2011,11:32)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Nov. 16 2011,10:26)
    I will stick with what Jesus said , ” A SPIRIT DOES NOT HAVE (A) BODY”

No wonder your understanding of scripture is so flawed, Gene.  You keep sticking with the things YOU IMAGINE that Jesus said.  :)

Jesus never said “A SPIRIT DOES NOT HAVE A BODY”.  Ever.

Mike……….So now you are saying Flesh and Bone is not a BODY right? Because i say a body instead of flesh and bone does not change the meaning of what i said, Jesus was saying a Body LIKE HIS Is clearly the understanding meant there and in fact that was (AFTER) His resurrection, in fact you cant show any scripture where Jesus ever said Spirits do Have “BODIES” If you can produce it then you would have some to talk about. Yous simply have no proof a SPIRIT has any kind of BODY. Now that is the truth right MIKE?. You make all kinds of assumption like you Co-hart Pierre But nothing Scripturally to back it up. So you make word plays to try to cover you lack of knowledge on this subject. IMO

peace and love…………………………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 16 2011,22:30)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 17 2011,06:30)

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 16 2011,12:00)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 16 2011,04:59)
    Kerwin: “spirit is a synonym of spirit”

I think you meant to say, “spirit is a synonym of phantasm”.

Good point, btw.  I'm anxious to see if Gene will now be able to grasp the truth of the matter that “spirit” has many different meanings in scripture.

Mike,'

Thank you for alerting me to my error so I could correct it.  Please forgive my shortcomings.

First, you ask me to forgive you, and then turn right around and quote MY post in your response to Gene about being tricked into discussing phatasms – making it seem like I was tricking Gene.  :)

Mike,  

I appear to having a error prone day. :D

You mean you appear to BE having an error prone day?   :D  :laugh:  :D

When it rains, it pours huh?  :)

(Just having some fun with you Kerwin. We all make typos. :) )

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 16 2011,23:02)
    shimmer

I said this regarding the topic  ,and so it is ,if you want to know more read the total topic here and follow the discussions with gene ,like question and answers ,then and only then you can talk and see if i have reasons to say what i have said ,

it seems you come on and of and so have no idea of what is going on in all the discussions

Amen Pierre!  She pops in occasionally just to JUDGE us for what she perceives as our judgments of others.  ???

Shimmer, stick around and follow the discussion.  

Gene insists that there is only ONE definition of “spirit” in scripture.  He insists that it ALWAYS means “the (INTELLECT) inside of someone”.

Pierre, Kerwin, and I have been trying to point out this OBVIOUS flaw to him.  But he keeps dancing around the point over and over and over.

I started this discussion with Gene about two months ago (I believe).  And even though HIS OWN WORDS admit that in Luke 24:37, the disciples did NOT think they saw an “intellect inside someone”, he still insists the word “spirit” (the actual word Luke used) ALWAYS MEANS “intellect inside someone”.

How can BOTH things be true, Shimmer?  Knowing that Luke used the word “spirit” to describe what the disciples thought they were seeing when they saw the raised Jesus for the first time, how can both of the following claims that Gene has made be true:

1.  The word “spirit” ALWAYS means “intellect inside someone”.

2.  The disciples did NOT think they were seeing an “intellect inside someone”.

Surely you can see our dilemma now?  And we've been going over this and over this.  And it's Gene's OWN WORDS that prove there is more than one meaning of “spirit” in the scriptures – but we can't for the life of us get him to see it.

It was this time consuming exercise of trying to get Gene to see what he is apparently unable to see that caused Pierre to conclude it was hopeless.

Do you have any ideas on how we can help our brother Gene to see what is clearly a scriptural FACT? Or would you rather just pop in occasionally and judge us?

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Nov. 17 2011,06:57)

No wonder your understanding of scripture is so flawed, Gene.  You keep sticking with the things YOU IMAGINE that Jesus said.  :)

Mike……….So now you are saying Flesh and Bone is not a BODY right?

Gene,

You read what I was saying. In fact, it's still there in this post I'm making right now, so you can read it again. Jesus NEVER said that spirits don't have bodies, did he Gene? YES or NO?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 18 2011,04:32)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Nov. 17 2011,06:57)

Mike……….So now you are saying Flesh and Bone is not a BODY right?

Gene,

You read what I was saying.  In fact, it's still there in this post I'm making right now, so you can read it again.  Jesus NEVER said that spirits don't have bodies, did he Gene?  YES or NO?

Mike,

Am I correct that you do believe that Jesus did have a flesh d bone body when he stated those words?

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 18 2011,11:28)

shimmer

I said this regarding the topic  ,and so it is ,if you want to know more read the total topic here and follow the discussions with gene ,like question and answers ,then and only then you can talk and see if i have reasons to say what i have said ,

it seems you come on and of and so have no idea of what is going on in all the discussions

Amen Pierre!  She pops in occasionally just to JUDGE us for what she perceives as our judgments of others.  ???

Gene insists that there is only ONE definition of “spirit” in scripture.  He insists that it ALWAYS means “the (INTELLECT) inside of someone”.

Pierre, Kerwin, and I have been trying to point out this OBVIOUS flaw to him.  But he keeps dancing around the point over and over and over.

I started this discussion with Gene about two months ago (I believe).  And even though HIS OWN WORDS admit that in Luke 24:37, the disciples did NOT think they saw an “intellect inside someone”, he still insists the word “spirit” (the actual word Luke used) ALWAYS MEANS “intellect inside someone”.

How can BOTH things be true, Shimmer?  Knowing that Luke used the word “spirit” to describe what the disciples thought they were seeing when they saw the raised Jesus for the first time, how can both of the following claims that Gene has made be true:

Surely you can see our dilemma now?  And we've been going over this and over this.  And it's Gene's OWN WORDS that prove there is more than one meaning of “spirit” in the scriptures – but we can't for the life of us get him to see it.

It was this time consuming exercise of trying to get Gene to see what he is apparently unable to see that caused Pierre to conclude it was hopeless.

Do you have any ideas on how we can help our brother Gene to see what is clearly a scriptural FACT?  Or would you rather just pop in occasionally and judge us?

peace,
    mike

Mike, and Terra.

Sigh….

Do you know how interesting our conversations used to be – when it was Christians, Muslim, and Jew – and Athiest – and Agnostic??

Now were talking about spirits with bodies.

Do spirits have bodies?

I love someone – who doesnt live where I do.

Do we need bodies – of flesh?

No.

So thats a stupid question, when you think about it.!

(To me).

What is spirit?

Thinking and feeling.

Add to that dreaming, imagination, words, music, anything that cannot be seen,

And the word was made flesh and dwelt among us – ah, now you know where the confusion for me comes into play.

Mike, Im seriously tired of Internet Forums.

People think they will be heard for their use of many words….

Make it flesh – and you may get somewhere!

For those who have ears to hear, and eyes to see!

shimmer
    Participant

Spirits with bodies though I have to say is much more interesting….. than all the other topics.

How many times will people go over….. the same old thing?

How many gods are there ?…. the bible says one.

Who is God?  He is JHVH our Heavenly Father.

This is all in the Bible, in case they didnt know.

Then they get angry, or try every tactic there is under the Sun … (Son)

By their fruits you will know them

For those who have eyes to see and ears to hear, that is…

Many dont.

Test the spirit always….. If people know how???

There is a time for everything under Heaven…..

Take care, God bless.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 17 2011,18:02)
    shimmer

I said this regarding the topic  ,

Sorry, ok Terra.
    Take care of yourself, peace and love.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Nov. 19 2011,01:05)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 18 2011,11:28)

shimmer

Do you have any ideas on how we can help our brother Gene to see what is clearly a scriptural FACT?  Or would you rather just pop in occasionally and judge us?

peace,
    mike

Mike, and Terra.

Sigh….

Do you know how interesting our conversations used to be – when it was Christians, Muslim, and Jew – and Athiest – and Agnostic??

Do spirits have bodies?

I love someone – who doesnt live where I do.

No.

(To me).

What is spirit?

Thinking and feeling.

And the word was made flesh and dwelt among us – ah, now you know where the confusion for me comes into play.

Mike, Im seriously tired of Internet Forums.

People think they will be heard for their use of many words….

Make it flesh – and you may get somewhere!

For those who have ears to hear, and eyes to see!

shimmer

you say;

What is spirit?

Thinking and feeling.

his their only one spirit ? and if you feel without your body of flesh how is it done ? it seems you and Gene do not know what a spirit being is ,and so mixing it up with many other meanings of spirit,;;and for your info their is no stupid questions only stupid answers.

then you go on and saying;

No.

it seems this would be a question to God ,he is the one that has created us all ,what you think he would answer to that ??

it seems to me that your lips are not in line with that spirit of yours.

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 18 2011,09:28)

peace,
    mike

Mike……..FACT IS………Scriptures never said the disciples  SAW ANY SPIRIT AT ALL It say the THOUGHT They say a spirit.

So where do you get that because they (THOUGHT) they saw a Spirit that then there must exist Spirit “Beings” Because they thought something does not mean that it exists at all. They no more know what a spirit was then the man in the moon, why do you think Jesus had to describe Spiirt to them so much if they KNOW what it WAS? Show where Jesus every said that there Exits Spirit being or for that matter Spirit Bodies>

It's your false belief that Spirit “BEINGS” are walking around jumping in and out of People , take for instance the legion of demonic Spirits controlling that persons MINDS. There were not thousands of Bodies in that person.  Just one Flesh Being that had All those Spirit (INTELLECTS) working in his Mind,controlling him no bodies were in his mind Just Spirits (intellects) controlling  his mind whom Jesus cast out, no bodies came our and jumped int the pigs Just Spirit (INTELLECTS) and those pigs went nuts just like the man had.

Notice you flawed logic you believe Just “BECAUSE SOMEONE THINK SOMETHING EXISTS THAT MAKES IT TRUE. The disciples also though Jesus was a Spirit or Ghost of some kind when he came to them in the storm at sea. But guess what, he was not any kind of so-called Ghost or Spirit, it was Jesus a FLESH AND BLOOD HUMAN BEING. So should because the disciples false believed a lie about  something we are to also, Surely you jest. But then again that does show your way of thinking you recieved from you past false preconceptions. IMO

Now please don't try to say i have not answered you questions Mike.  And while you are at it Please try not to Lie about what i said, or maybe you should give yourself a tile  for lying about what i said, remember misrepresenting what a person is saying is the same thing as lying. IMO

peace and love………………………………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 18 2011,00:33)
    Mike,

Am I correct that you do believe that Jesus did have a flesh and bone body when he stated those words?

Yes Kerwin.

This is one of my beliefs I had to adjust since coming to HN. I used to think Jesus was raised from the dead as a spirit being, but Shimmer used this scripture to point out my flawed understanding. I have since adjusted my views to form around the scriptures, because scriptures are truth – no matter what my previous understanding was. Pierre likewise adjusted his belief on this matter for the same reason.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (shimmer @ Nov. 18 2011,01:05)
    Mike, and Terra.

Sigh….

Shimmer,

If those are the topics YOU enjoy discussing, then who's stopping you? :)

Do you see the point we're making to Gene? Can you help us make him see his error?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Nov. 18 2011,15:41)
    Now please don't try to say i have not answered you questions Mike.

But you HAVEN'T answered my point, Gene.

If you say that the disciples thought they saw a spirit being, and Luke described what they thought they saw using the word “spirit”, then the word “spirit” MUST HAVE meant “spirit being” in that verse – even if you think the disciples were confused.

In other words, Gene, if the disciples didn't think they were seeing “an intellect inside someone”, then the word “spirit” in Luke 24:37 does NOT MEAN “an intellect inside someone”. And if the word “spirit” in 24:37 means something OTHER THAN “an intellect inside someone”, then there is your proof that “spirit” has different meanings in the scriptures.

Gene, you only have TWO choices in this matter:

1. The disciples thought they were seeing “an intellect inside someone” when they saw Jesus.

2. The word “spirit” that Luke used did NOT refer to “an intellect inside someone” in 24:37.

Which ONE is it Gene? It cannot possibly be both.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike………….If i say i “thought” I Saw a Ghost or Spirit BEING instead of a real person , then that hast to means there must “really” be a Spirit Being even though it PROVED out to be a REAL PERSON. That is the most dumbest argument for proof there (ARE) Body Spirits “Beings”, i think i ever heard . Now that deserves a :D :D :D

I notice you alway use your “is it possible” without (ANY) PROOF that is Is POSSIBLE Thing Yes i suppose there are “PINK ELEPHANTS” floating around in the sky to Mike. Now is that possible Mike, > Mikes answer Yes because “all thing (ARE) Possible with GOD<. OK Mike i understand where your so-called "POOF" is coming FROM Now, it's on the assumption all thing are POSSIBLE With GOD Right MIKE?

And quite saying people aren't answering your questions when they are, it not their fault you can't make it out.

peace and love……………………………………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene, did you pick #1 or #2 from my post? Please pick one of the only two choices there are.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 20 2011,04:01)
    Gene, did you pick #1 or #2 from my post?  Please pick one of the only two choices there are.

Mike…………Read the above the answer, it's there, sorry if you are unable to see it, but then that is your problem right?, not mine nor anyone else's right? Neither of YOUR Choices prove their EXISTS SPIRIT “BEINGS” of any Kind.So don't try to draw me into your stupid Mind games of ignorance.

peace and love……………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Shimmer? Could you please help Gene out here? Pierre has already sworn off talking to him, and I'm real close to doing the same.

PLEASE help your friend see how his own words prove that there is more than one definition of “spirit” in the scritpures.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike………..but Pierre keep yacking at me so his word does not have much credibility here as far as i am concerned. Mike do me a favor and sware off also OK. And don't try to drag Shimmer into this I believe she has a better understanding of Spirit, and it does not agree with yours either. IMO

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Nov. 20 2011,23:55)
    Mike………..but Pierre keep yacking at me so his word does not have much credibility here as far as i am concerned. Mike do me a favor and sware off also OK. And don't try to drag Shimmer into this I believe she has a better understanding of Spirit,  and it does not agree with yours either. IMO

Gene

:D :D :D :laugh: :laugh: funny

another excuse not to answer the questions :D :D

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 19 2011,21:30)

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 18 2011,00:33)
    Mike,

Am I correct that you do believe that Jesus did have a flesh and bone body when he stated those words?

Yes Kerwin.

This is one of my beliefs I had to adjust since coming to HN.  I used to think Jesus was raised from the dead as a spirit being, but Shimmer used this scripture to point out my flawed understanding.  I have since adjusted my views to form around the scriptures, because scriptures are truth – no matter what my previous understanding was.  Pierre likewise adjusted his belief on this matter for the same reason.

Mike,

Gene seems not to understand that you believe that Jesus was making the case he was not a spirit being by pointing out he had flesh and bone.

He also seems to be influenced by this modern skeptical age and so is accustomed to believe that spiritual beings, such as phantasms are myths.

There are teachings in the modern church that in line with his beliefs, though they were alien to the mindset of the people of the First century as far as I know.

Perhaps you should find out if he believe there are such things as spiritual beings and if so then what kinds.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,121 through 4,140 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account