Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,041 through 4,060 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)
    Do you acknowledge that the word “spirit” in that teaching referred to “spirit BEING”?

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Oct. 13 2011,20:09)

Mike………….No i do not acknowledge that Mike,

Gene, I don't know what else is left to say, because you say “NO”, but YOUR OWN words have already said “YES”:

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Oct. 13 2011,20:09)

Jesus was……………explaining that He was not a Spirit OR Ghost “BEING

But as He said He was NOT A SPIRIT “BEING“.

Gene, the ONLY way Jesus could have said “I'm not a spirit” and have it mean “I'm not a spirit BEING” (like YOU said), is if that particular word “spirit” actually MEANT “spirit BEING”.

How in the world could you say Jesus was teaching that he wasn't a spirit BEING if the word “spirit” didn't MEAN “spirit BEING”?  ???

Gene, I'm done with this discussion now.  The FACT is that Jesus WAS saying he wasn't a spirit BEING like the disciples thought.  And YOU know this FACT as well as I do.  But the ONLY way he could be saying what we BOTH KNOW he was saying is if that particular use of the word “spirit” MEANT “spirit BEING”.

Gene, you were WRONG that “spirit” has only one meaning in scripture.  And YOUR OWN words have PROVED that you were wrong.  So you can either embrace this as a learning experience and adjust your beliefs in the light of this evidence, or you can continue to make claims that YOUR OWN words proved wrong.

The choice is yours.

peace,
    mike

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike………….So Post the words SPIRIT “BEINGS”, that should suffice let see if there are those word in any scripture, or is it something you and others have come up with. Tell us what Spirit “BEINGS” look like. Jesus described the Spirit as like the wind (a force that can not be seen) why? because spirit does not have a Body at all. No where did Jesus ever say there are Spirit (Beings) only SPIRITS inhabiting persons who have Bodies. Spirits are not “Bodies” inhabiting Bodies, they are (INTELLECTS) that can inhabit a BODY. You have fallen headlong to Mystery religious false teachings about What Spirits ARE. Your predispositions are a stumbling blocks for you. IMO

peace and love………………………………………………………..gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Luke 24
    37 They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a SPIRIT. 38 He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a SPIRIT does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

Gene, what do the bolded words “spirit” mean in the above passage?  

A.  The intellect inside someone?
    B.  Spirit being?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

MIke………………Spirit is the intelligence that is (IN) a Person. Tell me this when scripture say for us to try the SPIRITS, what are we trying some Spirit “BODY” or the “INTELLECT” being expressed by a person coming from his mind. Need Scripture i can give it to you? Again Spirits are not Bodies they are what is (IN) a Body. Much like a Computer Body is the the information contained (IN) it . neither is a Body the Same as the (intellect) found in it.

Mike………….Look at spirit as strings of knowledge that gives cognizance to our minds , Spirits can be typed like clean (thought) and Unclean thought, Good and Evil, thoughts, but however you do not see in scripture they are “BODIES” anywhere. Spirit is what motivates us and animates our bodies and is (IN)all physical creation that exists. Even the Indians understood that a Great Spirit guided all creation and all animals in the creation. Our GOD is a Spirit and can and does “INDWELL” His creation. His spirit go to and fro though all the earth because they are (IN) all creation. IMO

peace and love………………………………………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene, answer my question. A or B?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike…………..Do you See  any scripture that say SPIRIT BEINGS  cut the garbage and answer this Yes or NO.

As far as you question A Or B goes , you are assuming Because the apostles thought something that makes it fact it exists , so if spirit “BEINGS” exist,  then why did not Jesus simply say, i am not a “SPIRIT BEING” them. No he said a spirit does “NOT” have a BODY as You see I Have Now that means all spirits do not have a BODY of any kind to me.  When he says  “A SPIRIT” that means ALL SPIRITS, not just some as you think.  Now if Spirit do Have bodies then pleas show where they do and show us what they look like or Just present the words “SPIRIT BODIES” that will suffice us MIKE>

I also notice you alway fail to answer any of My questions and post about Spirits, face Mike. you believe Spirit have Bodies because you falsely think you are going to recieve a SPIRIT “BODY” and float around invisible somewhere.  IMO

peace and love…………………………………………………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

:D :D :D :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Oct. 16 2011,09:11)

you are assuming Because the apostles thought something that makes it fact it exists

And what were the apostles assuming they saw, Gene?

A. The intellect inside someone?
    B. A spirit BEING?

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Oct. 16 2011,09:11)

No he said a spirit does “NOT” have a BODY as You see I Have

That's not really what Jesus said, now is it?  He said “a spirit doesn't have flesh and bone”, not “a spirit doesn't have body”.

Gene, A or B?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 16 2011,10:53)
    Mike

:D :D :D :)

:D

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike………… Mike in case you don't know this > flesh and  Bone IS A BODY Spirits do not have bodies they are what is (IN) BODES, and how is it we are to try those spirits if it is not the intellect of a person we are trying. In fact this why you can not believe the FATHER is a Spirit and was truly (IN) Jesus as  the LOGOS  Because you have no Idea what a SPIRIT is.

Here one for you Mike tell us what this means “the spirits of Just men made perfect”,  was that saying the bodies of Just men made perfect or the spirits were. O i forgot to you there are the same right? A body is not a Spirit no where in scripture does it say they are.  No Matter what you and your ignorant co-Hart says.

peace and love………………………………………gene

shimmer
    Participant

Are you's still going on about spirits with bodies?

Haha.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene,

A or B? Why are you so afraid to answer? Why do you keep avoiding and diverting and flooding the thread with unnecessary nonsense?

Just answer A or B, please.

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

just answer A or B :D :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene?

Lightenup
    Participant

This is just something I came across while I had so much time to read other things during the down time :)

This is from Ignatius' Epistle to the Smyrnaeans…this is the longer version:

And I know that He was possessed of a body not only in His being born and crucified, but I also know that He was so after His resurrection, and believe that He is so now. When, for instance, He came to those who were with Peter, He said to them, “Lay hold, handle Me, and see that I am not an incorporeal spirit.”993993 Literally, “demon.” According to Jerome, this quotation is from the Gospel of the Nazarenes. Comp. Luke xxiv. 39. “For a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see Me have.”994994 Luke xxiv. 39. And He says to Thomas, “Reach hither thy finger into the print of the nails, and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into My side;”995995 John xx. 27. and immediately they believed that He was Christ. Wherefore Thomas also says to Him, “My Lord, and my God.”996996 John xx. 28. And on this account also did they despise death, for it were too little to say, indignities and stripes. Nor was this all; but also after He had shown Himself to them, that He had risen indeed, and not in appearance only, He both ate and drank with them during forty entire days. And thus was He, with the flesh, received up in their sight unto Him that sent Him, being with that same flesh to come again, accompanied by glory and power. For, say the [holy] oracles, “This same Jesus, who is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come, in like manner as ye have seen Him go unto heaven.”997997 Acts i. 11. But if they say that He will come at the end of the world without a body, how shall those “see Him that pierced Him,”998998 Rev. i. 7. and when they recognise Him, “mourn for themselves?”999999 Zech. xii. 10. For incorporeal beings have neither form nor figure, nor the aspect10001000 Or, “mark.” of an animal possessed of shape, because their nature is in itself simple.
    http://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf01.v.vii.iii.html

On a side note, Ignatius mentions that Thomas called Jesus his Lord and God.

I just put this up because I thought Ignatius should have his input on this topic.

Blessings,
    Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 26 2011,20:08)
    For, say the [holy] oracles, “This same Jesus, who is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come, in like manner as ye have seen Him go unto heaven.”  Acts i. 11.

I believe Ignatius makes the same mistake concerning Acts 1:11 as many people do.  He mistakenly assumes that the words “will come back in the same way you have seen him go” refer to Jesus' physical condition.

But that flies directly in the face of 1 Cor 15:45, Gal 1:11, Rev 19:11-16 and other scriptures.

What the angels meant in Acts 1:11 is that Jesus ascended through the clouds on his way up, and he will descend through the clouds on his return – just like it says in Rev 1:7 – a verse that Ignatius himself quoted.  The angels in Acts were not speaking of his physical fleshly appearance.

I am glad, however, that Ignatius realizes Zech 12:10 refers to the CHRIST OF God being pierced, and not to God HIMSELF being pierced, as some here think.  :) But that is a discussion for a DIFFERENT thread.

So what do YOU think about the question of THIS thread, Kathi?  Do spirit beings have bodies?

mike

shimmer
    Participant

Does it realy matter? No it does not.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 28 2011,22:48)
    Does it realy matter? No it does not.

yes it does ,all questions need an answer

just because we do not see the spirit beings this does not mean that they have no body or form ,if they have been created they occupied a space into creation ,just like everything else does

Pierre

shimmer
    Participant

All,

If you believe that spirit beings have a body then you are wrong because God is spirit and God does NOT have a body. The only 'Body' was Jesus of Nazereth.

I think the only reason you all want to believe God or beings have bodies is because you WANT there to be other Gods.

There is only one true God, the FATHER.

John 1:1 is the word of God/Gods spoken word, and Gods Holy Spirit (all God the Father BTW) were spoken and manifested in Jesus Christ. ONE GOD AND ONE LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Couldn't be more simpler – than that.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,041 through 4,060 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account