Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,841 through 3,860 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    shimmer
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 27 2011,12:18)
    Hi Shimmer,

I know about Jezebel.  I'm not aware of any scriptural teaching about the “spirit of Jezebel”.

As far as the rest of your post, yes, I know there are many meanings of “spirit”.  The point of this thread was to discuss if spirit BEINGS, such as angels, Jesus, demons, those raised from death to a life in heaven, and God have bodies.

If a person does something nice for you, and you say, “She sure has a good spirit”, you are using only ONE of the many meanings of “spirit”.  I had never intended to discuss this particular definition, or to claim that this person's “nice personality” had a body of its own.  The discussion has always been about spirit BEINGS.

peace and love to you,
    mike

OK Mike, well I'v said enough now. Peace and love to you and yours too.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 30 2011,08:21)
    Terricca…………..I never left square one , because “Square One” it the correct understanding , I don't add all kinds of false assumption as Mike and you do by saying Spirits are BODIES , SPIRITS ARE WHAT IS (IN) BODIES , NOT BODIES THEMSELVES that is “SQUARE ONE” and doesn't change not natter what you or Mike think Pierre. IMO

peace and love……………………………………………….gene

gene

why do you not respond to what i say ?

gene

no ,see what Jesus says;Mt 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

only God can kill the soul because it is he that as given it,

and all the words in scriptures do not mean the samething'

spirit =angels
    spirit = understanding of
    spirit = the meaning of
    spirit = demon
    spirit = the will intention
    spirit = reason of
    spirit = soul ( only spirit thats need a body)
    spirit = of sin
    spirit = of godly glory
    spirit = of love

ect;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca…………….This is the way i would have written it.

Spirit (OF) Angels

Spirit (OF) Understanding

Spiirt (OF) Meanings

Spirit (OF) demons

Spirit (OF) well intintions

Spiirt (OF) reason

Spirit (OF) a SOUL

Spirits (Of) sin

Spirit  (OF) Glory

Spirit (OF) Love

ect,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,All Spirits are the (INTELLECTS) Of the MIND.  ” let this (MIND) be in you that was (IN) Jesus Christ our Lord”. and again “If the spirit of him who raised Christ Jesus from the Grave be (IN) You (IT) will also quicken your mortal (BODY) Just like (IT) did Jesus' (BODY)> IMO

peace and love to you and yours Pierre…………….Gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 29 2011,08:21)
    Terricca…………..I never left square one , because “Square One” it the correct understanding , I don't add all kinds of false assumption as Mike and you do by saying Spirits are BODIES , SPIRITS ARE WHAT IS (IN) BODIES , NOT BODIES THEMSELVES that is “SQUARE ONE” and doesn't change not natter what you or Mike think Pierre. IMO

Okay Gene,

Back to square one:

What are the bodies of angels made of?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ July 26 2011,20:45)
    Mike,

I was using the test to prove angels are not spirit beings.

Hi Kerwin,

Hebrews 1:14
    Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Despite Gene's stubborness, there is no way to twist the words in this verse to say “angels HAVE minstering spirits”.  Angels ARE spirit beings, Kerwin.  Flesh cannot inherit God's Kingdom, in which the angels live.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 31 2011,09:58)
    Terricca…………….This is the way i would have written it.

Spirit (OF) Angels

Spirit (OF) Understanding

Spiirt (OF) Meanings

Spirit (of) demons

Spirit (OF) well intintions

Spiirt (OF) reason

Spirit (OF) a SOUL

Spirits (Of) sin

Spirit  (OF) Glory

Spirit (OF) Love

ect,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,All Spirits are the (INTELLECTS) Of the MIND.  ” let this (MIND) be in you that was (IN) Jesus Christ our Lord”. and again “If the spirit of him who raised Christ Jesus from the Grave be (IN) You (IT) will also quicken your mortal (BODY) Just like (IT) did Jesus' (BODY)> IMO

peace and love to you and yours Pierre…………….Gene

gene

how many of you views are against scriptures ?

or are the all true to scriptures ?

Spiirt (OF) Meanings ;what is the body of the meaning ?

Spirit (of) demons ;so what is the body of demons ?

ect……………..

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca………..Demons have no bodies they are spirits or Intellects that effect our minds which of course then effect our lives.. Like unclean spirit do, an unclean spirit is a demonic spirit (intellect), that can occupy our minds Just a God Spirit can also. none of them have BODIES. Pierre if you could come to see Spirit do not have Bodies it will greatly aid you in understanding scriptures brother.

peace and love…………………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 31 2011,03:12)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 29 2011,08:21)

Okay Gene,

Back to square one:

What are the bodies of angels made of?

Mike……..You are asking me what their Bodies are made of I do not Know you need to ask GOD Not me. But be assured they do have bodies becasue they have been seen and have eaten and have touches people also. But as to their composition i have no idea yet, but would guess there is “WATER” involved some how. Water can exist in three states , solid , liquid and vapor, it also can be found in space as well as on earth. Jesus said we must be born of “WATER and SPIRIT” but i truly do not know for sure it is just a guess . God creates their Spirits in them and sends them out to minister. Much like we can program a robot and send it to do what the program is designed for and it will function the way the program dictates. So are the angels in fact you and I do the same thing the Spirits (IN) Us cause us to act out life that conform to them also. Mike you lack of understanding od what SPIRIT really is is a major stumbling block for you and other here> IMO

peace and love……………………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 31 2011,08:40)

Mike……..You are asking me what their Bodies are made of I do not Know

Then HOW do you know their bodies are not made of spirit, just like the rest of their being?  Does not a drop of water have a body made of the same substance as the rest of it?

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 31 2011,08:40)

Mike you lack of understanding od what SPIRIT really is is a major stumbling block for you and other here> IMO

And I believe it is YOU who lacks understanding, Gene.

MY understanding allows me to accept that angels ARE SPIRITS like the scripture says.  YOUR understanding, as usual, forces you to add your own words into the scriptures.

peace,
    mike

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 30 2011,22:17)

Mike,

Hi Kerwin,

Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Despite Gene's stubborness, there is no way to twist the words in this verse to say “angels HAVE minstering spirits”.  Angels ARE spirit beings, Kerwin.  Flesh cannot inherit God's Kingdom, in which the angels live.

Mike,

Despite what you state the examples of scripture clearly testify that angels have flesh and bone of a physical likeness thereof.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Kerwin,

Scripture NEVER teaches, or even implies that angels have flesh and bone.  In fact, Jesus teaches the exact OPPOSITE of your understanding in Luke 24:39.  So does Paul when he says that flesh cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.

You add “or a physical likeness thereof”.

Elijah's angels seemed to be made of FIRE, not flesh and bone.  And Manoah's angel disappeared in fire.  Does that mean that all angels are made of fire, since they appeared that way on a couple of occasions?

Kerwin, angels AND demons are spirits.  That means they are spirit beings.  And just like we can say “humans” when we really mean “human BEINGS”, Paul said “spirits” when he really meant “spirit BEINGS”.

Kerwin, pray on the matter.  What you are currently doing is what Gene so often does with many scriptures.  You have made up in your own mind what is true, and because of that are willing to overlook the words of Jesus himself who says that spirits DON'T HAVE FLESH AND BONE.

Pray on it, brother.

peace,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 01 2011,11:15)

Mike,

Hi Kerwin,

Mike,

Despite what you state the examples of scripture clearly testify that angels have flesh and bone of a physical likeness thereof.

kerwin

where is that written ??

it is not written in that scripture you showing,

so ??????

Pierre

Pastry
    Participant

I agree with Mike and Pierre that Angels are Spirit Beings.  However they can manifest them self as a Human Being, to help those here on earth.  I speak out of experience….. Two Angels walked away from our Granddaughter when She was only two years old.  Some thought it ironic that they did not help Her,  But when our Daughter took our Granddaughter to the Hospital and not a scratch was on Her, we do believe they were Angels who caught Her, when She jumped of the second floor Balcony.  That was now 17 years ago….  Peace and Love Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 01 2011,04:49)

Mike,

Hi Kerwin,

Mike,

kerwin

where is that written ??

so ??????

Pierre

Pierre,

Just because you do not believe something does not mean it does not exist.

I believe that you do not see it nor have I been able to open your eyes to what I am certain is there.

I also do not believe some of that which you hear from scripture.

God is striving to bring each of us to him. May we seek to learn from him and so from his Son.

Pastry
    Participant

Kerwin! So you believe that Angels are in Heaven with flesh an blood? That is not what Scripture says.

1Cr 15:50 ¶ Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Peace and Love Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 31 2011,23:34)
    Hi Kerwin,

Scripture NEVER teaches, or even implies that angels have flesh and bone.  In fact, Jesus teaches the exact OPPOSITE of your understanding in Luke 24:39.  So does Paul when he says that flesh cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.

You add “or a physical likeness thereof”.

Elijah's angels seemed to be made of FIRE, not flesh and bone.  And Manoah's angel disappeared in fire.  Does that mean that all angels are made of fire, since they appeared that way on a couple of occasions?

Kerwin, angels AND demons are spirits.  That means they are spirit beings.  And just like we can say “humans” when we really mean “human BEINGS”, Paul said “spirits” when he really meant “spirit BEINGS”.

Kerwin, pray on the matter.  What you are currently doing is what Gene so often does with many scriptures.  You have made up in your own mind what is true, and because of that are willing to overlook the words of Jesus himself who says that spirits DON'T HAVE FLESH AND BONE.

Pray on it, brother.

peace,
    mike

Mike,

You may be correct that there are different types of angels taught in scripture and too lump them all together is an error.

I do not remember the teaching of Jesus you mention offhand so I will have to look it up.

Paul wrote he was unsure whether a man entered the third heaven in body or out and if he was as sure as you insist then he would not have said he was unsure. As it was he stated he did not care about it.

I always pray about the matter as I know that I am but a human being who is limited in many ways.

Have you considered that you choose to excuse the fact that scripture records at least some angels have flesh and bone bodies.

I do acknowledge that some not spirit bodies that are not made of flesh and bone may also be able to eat and drink as not all flesh is the same.

I would like to look into what you wrote as my memory of scriptures is not exact. I am fairly sure your chosen examples of angels are not the best ones but that is of little importance as I believe their are others that may well support your point.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 01 2011,12:36)
    Kerwin!  So you believe that Angels are in Heaven with flesh an blood?  That is not what Scripture says.  

1Cr 15:50 ¶ Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.  

Peace and Love Irene

Irene,

If Paul meant it the way you understand then he would have known the man who visited the third heaven traveled there out of their body. Since he neither knew or cared he obviously did not mean the words the way you understand them. He was therefore making another point which may may well not be about heaven as the passage you refer to does not state heaven.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 02 2011,00:06)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 01 2011,04:49)

Mike,

Hi Kerwin,

Mike,

kerwin

where is that written ??

so ??????

Pierre

Pierre,

Just because you do not believe something does not mean it does not exist.

I believe that you do not see it nor have I been able to open your eyes to what I am certain is there.

I also do not believe some of that which you hear from scripture.

God is striving to bring each of us to him.  May we seek to learn from him and so from his Son.

Kerwin

your answer is circular ,it does not mean anything.

if you say that angel are flesh and blood and boons then you are not understanding scriptures that says other wise

Heb 1:14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Rev 19:10 At this I fell at his(the angel) feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

you are mixing the heavenly creation and man s creation,

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 02 2011,14:21)

Kerwin

your answer is circular ,it does not mean anything.

if you say that angel are flesh and blood and boons then you are not understanding scriptures that says other wise

Heb 1:14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Rev 19:10 At this I fell at his(the angel) feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

you are mixing the heavenly creation and man s creation,

Pierre

Pierre,

My answer is not circular though I do credit both me and you with lacking full knowledge of scripture and therefore being subject to error on it.

Since it is clear to me some accounts in scripture demonstrate at least certain angels have flesh and bone I look at Hebrews 1:14 in another way than you by interpreting the word “spirit” as character instead of the type of being.

I can see that in Revelations 19:10 John falls at the “feet “of the angel but I am not sure of your point nor of the context of that scripture.  Can you perhaps explain it some more for me.

Edited to fix wording, delete unneeded quote, and to fix formatting.

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 02 2011,16:47)

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 01 2011,12:36)
    Kerwin!  So you believe that Angels are in Heaven with flesh an blood?  That is not what Scripture says.  

Peace and Love Irene

Irene,

If Paul meant it the way you understand then he would have known the man who visited the third heaven traveled there out of their body.  Since he neither knew or cared he obviously did not mean the words the way you understand them.  He was therefore making another point which may may well not be about heaven as the passage you refer to does not state heaven.

Kerwin!  What are you revering to?
    You do not believe that Angels are in Heaven?  Where are they living then?  Not on Earth!!!!!
    This is what Georg said:”
    Angels live on clouds and play the Harp, and when it thunders the strings brake….”
    Peace and Love Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 3,841 through 3,860 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account