Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,801 through 3,820 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    shimmer
    Participant

Mike and Terra, Jezebel was a real Person in the Old Testament and is mentioned in the Book of Revelations however the Spirit of Jezebel is in the World today, can't you see that? So though there was a real Person called Jezebel, the story follows on to the Book of Revelations and today.

Just like Jesus can be seen in any true believer. Jesus said that when he comes he will say “When I was Hungry you fed me, in Prison you visited me etc”….They will say “When did we see you Hungry and fed you etc” See what I'm meaning?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 25 2011,07:30)
    Kerwin

the original question was;]Gene, what are the bodies of angels made of

Pierre

Pierre,

You are correct and I answered it by pointing out that scripture clearly demonstrates they are made of flesh and bone.

Jesus proposed the test and not and scripture makes clear angels fulfill it while I merely direct your attention to where they did so.

I still do not understand your point about Ezekiel 28:13-14, so could you please explain it. Thank you!

Gene may well have another answer but the question drew my attention.

shimmer
    Participant

See the Spirit of Jezebel is seen an anyone who has the Spirit of Jezebel which could be thousands of People at the same time, just like the Spirit of Jesus can be seen in anyone with the Spirit of Jesus. They make up the BODY of Christ.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 25 2011,19:30)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 25 2011,06:18)

Quote (kerwin @ July 24 2011,17:39)
    Mike,

Flesh and bone since scripture attests they both eat and can be touched.  It even tells us mana which can be eaten by human beings is the food of angels.

Hi Kerwin,

Flesh cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.  Do you suppose that angels cannot inherit God's Kingdom?  

Also, what scripture tells of angels eating manna?

peace,
    mike

Mike Boll,

Psalms 78:25 speaks of mana being the food of angels.

So your point is that the scriptures that speak of angels eating and being touch appear to disagree with the one that states flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.

If that is so then it is up to us to ask, seek, and knock at the opportunities God gives us to understand his intent.

Offhand though it is by the Spirit of Christ and not by flesh and bone that one inherits the kingdom of God.  The angels of God have the Spirit of Christ dwelling in them.

Kerwin

do you really understand those scriptures ?

Ps 78:23 Yet he gave a command to the skies above
    and opened the doors of the heavens;
    Ps 78:24 he rained down manna for the people to eat,
    he gave them the grain of heaven.
    Ps 78:25 Men ate the bread of angels;
    he sent them all the food they could eat.

with what you have shown this is not a explanation but your opinion ,no ?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 25 2011,19:39)
    Kerwin

the original question was;]Gene, what are the bodies of angels made of

Pierre

Pierre,

You are correct and I answered it by pointing out that scripture clearly demonstrates they are made of flesh and bone.

Jesus proposed the test and not and scripture makes clear angels fulfill it while I merely direct your attention to where they did so.

I still do not understand your point about Ezekiel 28:13-14, so could you please explain it. Thank you!

Kerwin

Eze 28 tell you how the cherub angel that was in the garden of eden was built with so it must have been his body no ?

every precious stone adorned you:
    ruby, topaz and emerald,
    chrysolite, onyx and jasper,
    sapphire, turquoise and beryl.
    Your settings and mountings were made of gold;
    on the day you were created they were prepared.

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 25 2011,07:35)

Quote (kerwin @ July 24 2011,19:30)
    So your point is that the scriptures that speak of angels eating and being touch appear to disagree with the one that states flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.

I believe it is shortsightedness on your part that leads you to believe that only flesh can eat or be touched.

Mike Boll,

I simply believe that when Jesus stated that a spirit did not have flesh and bone and then proceeded to challenge his students to touch him and feed him he was proving he was flesh and bone and therefore not a spirit.  Do you understand the following passage from Luke differently?

Luke 24:39-44

King James Version (KJV)

39Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

41And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43And he took it, and did eat before them.

44And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 25 2011,07:44)

Kerwin

the original question was;Gene, what are the bodies of angels made of

Pierre

Pierre,

Kerwin

Eze 28 tell you how the cherub angel that was in the garden of eden was built with so it must have been his body no ?

ruby, topaz and emerald,

Pierre

Pierre,

Thank you!

I agree that Lucifer was adorned as a precious crown but even if you chose to take that literally he still would have a physical and therefore not a spirit body.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 25 2011,19:49)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 25 2011,07:35)

Quote (kerwin @ July 24 2011,19:30)

I believe it is shortsightedness on your part that leads you to believe that only flesh can eat or be touched.

Mike Boll,

I simply believe that when Jesus stated that a spirit did not have flesh and bone and then proceeded to challenge his students to touch him and feed him he was proving he was flesh and bone and therefore not a spirit.  Do you understand the following passage from Luke differently?

Luke 24:39-44

King James Version (KJV)

39Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

41And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43And he took it, and did eat before them.

44And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Kerwin

what i understand is that Jesus say that if he was in a spirit state they could not see him,but he show them that as promised he would come back and so prove to them that scriptures were accomplished,

but in time he will go to the father but not with the body of flesh and boons

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 25 2011,19:54)

Kerwin

Pierre

Pierre,

Kerwin

ruby, topaz and emerald,

Pierre

Pierre,

Thank you!

I agree that Lucifer was adorned as a precious crown but even if you chose to take that literally he still would have a physical and therefore not a spirit body.

kerwin

if it is literal or not i do not know but what i understand is that he as some type of body,right ?

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 25 2011,08:01)

Quote (kerwin @ July 25 2011,19:54)

Kerwin

Pierre

Pierre,

Kerwin

ruby, topaz and emerald,

Pierre

Pierre,

Thank you!

kerwin

if it is literal or not i do not know but what i understand is that he as some type of body,right ?

Pierre

Pierre,

On that statement we agree!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ July 24 2011,19:49)
    Mike Boll,

Hi Kerwin,

Now I get it.  You are fairly new to this thread, and apparently didn't know that I don't believe Jesus was raised from the dead as the spirit being he is in heaven right now.

I believe he was raised from the dead in the same exact body he died in, stayed on earth for 40 days, and then his body was transformed into the spirit body he now has upon his ascension to heaven.

And Jesus never said the test of spirit was if he could eat or be touched.  He said a spirit does not have flesh and bone, as you see I DO have.  Nothing was said about eating or touching as a way of distinguishing a spirit from a flesh creature.  It was the flesh alone that made the distinction.

peace,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

now me I believe that Christ was resurrected as spirit and took a men body of flesh and bones
    this is the reason why the apostles never recognized him ,and that he has to show his wounds to Thomas because he did not look the same but prove to them to be him by what he says ,Jesus body and the pour of his blood was offered to God has a sacrifice and so was lost ,but not Christ soul that was inside the body this as to be survived like ours it is given by God and only God can destroy it

Pierre

shimmer
    Participant

Wow Mike you just completely missed my point, I see what someone means.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Shimmer……….That one blow right past him, But i and others here see you point Sis. The spirit that was (IN) Jezebel is still alive in others also, and the Spirit of An Adversary (i.e Satan) is still in may people also, Just as it was in Peter when Jesus called Him SATAN, but we all know Peter was not a Satan Being , but the Spirit of an Adversary was working (IN) Him and that Spirit was what Jesus SAW working (IN) Him was what He identified as a Satan or an adversarial spirit.

peace and love to you and yours Shimmer………………………………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 26 2011,14:25)
    Shimmer……….That one blow right past him, But i and others here see you point Sis. The spirit that was (IN) Jezebel is still alive in others also, and the Spirit of An Adversary (i.e Satan) is still in may people also, Just as it was in Peter when Jesus called Him SATAN, but we all know Peter was not a Satan Being , but the Spirit of an Adversary was working (IN) Him and that Spirit was what Jesus SAW working (IN) Him was what He identified as a Satan or an adversarial spirit.

peace and love to you and yours Shimmer………………………………………gene

Gene

what is sin ?

it is thoughts that do not glorify Gods spirit and will ,

so;Jas 1:13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;
    Jas 1:14 but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.
    Jas 1:15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
    Jas 1:16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers.

we get tempted all day long ,and so have to decide which road we will take ;so sin is a foot away.

the outcome is ours to make.

Jezebel was a women who chose to sin against God and his people.some people have misunderstanding of Gods word.

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……….Shimmer was talking about the Spirit of Jezebel, not the physical Person of Jezebel . Think about it Pierre. If you understood that a Spirit of the same thing can exist in anyone at the same time, you could see this , The spirit of Jezebel was the Spirit of Fornication and Adultery, and that was what Shimmer Meant. See you think Spirit are “BEINGS” but they are not they are (INTELLECTS) of Different tyes and they are in all souls that have life (IN) them.

peace and love…………………………………………….gene

peace and love……………………………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 26 2011,14:44)
    Terricca……….Shimmer was talking about the Spirit of Jezebel, not the physical Person of Jezebel . Think about it Pierre. If you understood that a Spirit of the same thing can exist in anyone at the same time, you could see this , The spirit of Jezebel was the Spirit of Fornication and Adultery, and that was what Shimmer Meant. See you think Spirit are “BEINGS” but they are not they are (INTELLECTS) of Different tyes and they are in all souls that have life (IN) them.

peace and love…………………………………………….gene

Gene

are you talking about demons??

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (shimmer @ July 24 2011,22:57)
    Wow Mike you just completely missed my point, I see what someone means.

Hi Shimmer,

Perhaps you are confusing the words “missed” and “ignored”. I don't buy into your “Spirit of Jezebel” internet sensation. I'm sorry, but I don't usually care to discuss matters of an unscriptural nature on this forum.

Did you ask me a particular question, Shimmer? If so, I didn't see it. I just understood you to be sharing something that was of interest to you with the rest of us.

peace and love,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ July 25 2011,14:47)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 26 2011,14:44)

Gene

are you talking about demons??

Mark 5
    12 The demons begged Jesus, “Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them.” 13 He gave them permission, and the evil spirits came out and went into the pigs.

Pierre,

Gene cannot see that the beings mentioned here as “demons” are the same exact beings who are later called “evil spirits”.

In Gene's eyes, it was a bunch of “LIES” that possessed the man, then talked to Jesus, and then went into the pigs.

Well guess what Gene?  The demons ARE the evil spirits.  And demons are real, live spirit BEINGS who wreak havok on many – even today.  And according to Jesus, their leader is Beelzebub, also known as Satan.

How can you believe that angels are real, but that Satan and the third of the angels who follow him are not?  ???

Btw, when will you answer my question?  Gene, what are the bodies of angels made of?

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre and Mike,

According to my understanding of the proper use of a comma it serves one of four uses which are to “separate the elements in a series “, “ connect two independent clauses”,  “set off introductory elements”, or  “set off parenthetical elements”.

In verse the Luke 24:39  “as ye see me have” is a parenthetical element of the sentence fragment “for a spirit hath not flesh and bones” and is an example of flesh and bone.  

Before that fragment is a semicolon which serves in place of a conjunction to separate Jesus’s instructions “handle me, and see’.   It thus seems clear he is instructing them to touch him and see that he is not a spit but rather that he is flesh and bone as he claims.

Never the less they were still not convinced as in verse 41 of the same book and chapter we are taught just that and Jesus' response to their unbelief was to ask for food in order to eat and that appeared to convince them that he was not a spirit but rather was a flesh and bone human being.

That seems like straightforward English to me so I have trouble understanding where you understand those words any other way so perhaps you could explain it to me as I have explained how I have obtained my understanding.

NOTES

1)Rules for comma usage
    2)  Rules for semicolon usage

Viewing 20 posts - 3,801 through 3,820 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account