Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,461 through 3,480 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Well, we've learned that “spiritual” DOES have more than ONE meaning, haven't we Gene?  :)  See?  Learning stuff is fun!  :D

Now, please explain definition #2 to me.  Let's apply THAT definition to “spiritual body” in 1 Cor 15.  NOW what does it mean Paul is speaking of?  Could it be a body “BELONGING TO A SPIRIT”?  :)  There you have it, sports fans!  

Gene, how can ANYTHING “belong to” a spirit, if spirits are only what goes inside of other things?  Could you give me an example of what would “belong to” what YOU understand as a “spirit”?

If “spirit” is merely the (INTELLECT) within a being, and not a spirit being itself, then how could (INTELLECT) possess something?  Can (INTELLECT) have things as its own possessions?  Are there items that BELONG TO (INTELLECT)?

Perhaps you need to get with Thayer and explain his misunderstandings to him?

Istari
    Participant

Can everyone see how Mike has 'bitten' on something to discuss when someone ELSE puts a case HE thinks he can win.

Mike would not post a definition of SPIRITUAL nor respond to anything I asked him concerning it but as soon as Gene post something he jumps on it.

Also, remember when he refused to answer another question until Kerwin 'accidentally' bailed him out – then Mike came out of hissss hole in fighting SPIRIT… All ready for a Spiritual fight…

Boo Hissss, Mike, scaredy snake-like behaviour … What else can we expect from…?

Copy cat… How sad that you have no style but copycat style… Who did you learn that from: Oh yes, SF… in his child phase… Fling back what your opponent flings at you… How so sad that you have nothing of your own…

Mike says that Istari is unwilling to discuss Scriptures when in fact that is exactly what Istari has been trying to do with Mike.

'What does Galations 6:1 mean…': Is that that Scriptures in relations to this thread topic?
    'If the Spirit has a Body then, still, What IS the Spirit?': Is that not important?
    'Please post examples of the use of the word and term 'Spiritual'': Did Mike respond in ANY WAY?
    'Please define 'SPIRIT': What did Mike do… Surely this is a MAJOR BLOCK in his knowledge base!
    'Please define 'BODY': Mike's response is inadequate to a discussion. Mike uses HIS OWN STRICTLY LIMITED definition which is actually a definition of SKIN – not BODY…

Mike then tries an old WJ trick of claiming that he has asked hundreds of questions that Istari has not answered… In other words: 'Sorry Istari, I have no answer so I'm just going to slither back down my deep dank dark dreary dismal den of detritus doctrine'

Mike BOASTS that there are many meanings of the word and term SPIRITUAL and instead of capitalising on his so-called 'escape', he then challenges others to refute his claim: in other words – he has nothing more – dead end Mike.

SPIRITUAL – 'Belonging to a Spirit' – that's all Mike has.

If Mike thought that was what it meant then why did he not present this as proof before instead of waiting until SOMEONE ELSE presents it?

Notice that Mike does not DO ANYTHING WITH this 'fact'…except puffs himself like a toothless Cobra.

So, Mike thinks that SPIRITUAL BODY means a BODY BELONGING TO A SPIRIT….
    …. ….. …. …. ….

Ok, ok, when everyone has stopped laughing and picked themselves up from rolling in disbelief, let's examine this claim in regard to Mike's position on this.

SPIRITUAL BODY… can Mike expand on this?
    The ONLY use of the term is in regard to the BODY being RAISED from the DEAD.
    What exactly does the Scriptures say: 'It (The FLESH AND BLOOD AND BONE BODY) is sown a Natural Body (Flesh and bone and blood in a sinful, UNGLORIOUS, corruptible, unrighteous, subject to decay back to dust, state).
    It (The flesh and bone/Blood body) is RAISED a SPIRITUAL BODY (GLORIOUS, Sinless, incorruptible, righteous, no longer subject to decay, eternally sustained by the Spirit of God).

SPIRITUAL here… Therefore means 'Like that of Spirit' or 'Like that BELONGING TO THE SPIRIT'
    Not 'A body like that of a Spirit' but 'A body that is GLORIOUS, Pure, righteous, Sinless, undying'

Seeing that no one has ever written about the SPIRIT which only ever appear in BODILY FORM…how can Mike make a claim that Spirits have a BODY?

The Holy Spirit 'alighted on Jesus IN BODILY FORM' (In the FORM of a Body) LIKE a Dove…

Please please please, scrape away years, decades, centuries, millennium of misrepresentation: the Scriptures DOES NOT SAY THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT CAME DOWN …”IN THE FORM OF A DOVE”…

Please please please get this picture and vision out of your heads.

Scriptures says “LIKE A DOVE”… At that time everyone would have understood what 'Like a Dove' meant: 'Lightly, with a flutter, a soft wind or breeze' just AS A DOVE would alight on a branch.

What is SPIRITUAL TRUTH?
    Mikeboll would say 'The truth belonging to a Spirit'
    What is SPIRITUAL WEALTH?
    Mike would say 'Wealth belonging to a Spirit'
    What is A SPIRITUAL HOUSE?
    Mike would say a HOUSE belonging to a Spirit?
    … More…

Why, if Mikeboll64 thinks he is right, does he not make use of his claim?

Simple, his single claim is the ONLY ONE he can twist to his (mis)advantage.

Istari
    Participant

Mike,
    Who are THOSE WHO ARE SPIRITUAL as spoken of in GALATIANS 6:1?
    Are they Humans in Spirit Bodies – or are they Humans in SPIRITUAL BODIES?
    Are they SPIRITUALLY MINDED humans in Flesh and Bone/Blood bodies?

Come on Mike, show us your cards – or else that your ARE 'a card' (a Joker).

terraricca
    Participant

istari

you are inventing all things because you can not accept the truth of scriptures;

analize your own words;

What is SPIRITUAL TRUTH?
    Mikeboll would say 'The truth belonging to a Spirit'
    What is SPIRITUAL WEALTH?
    Mike would say 'Wealth belonging to a Spirit'
    What is A SPIRITUAL HOUSE?
    Mike would say a HOUSE belonging to a Spirit?
    … More…

Why, if Mikeboll64 thinks he is right, does he not make use of his claim?

all those statement are not beings

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 05 2011,13:21)
    Gene, how can ANYTHING “belong to” a spirit, if spirits are only what goes inside of other things?  Could you give me an example of what would “belong to” what YOU understand as a “spirit”?

Mike………..Simple because it is the SPIRIT that CONTROLS the BODY that it is (IN) . YOUR EXAMPLE IS, YOU, YOU BELONG TO THE SPIRIT YOU SERVE OPERATING (IN) YOU. Spiirt is the intellect you have (IN) you that animates You, if all spirit were removed from you, you would become a zombie and die. Spirit is the life (IN) YOU> remove it your thought Parish and you DIE.

Where do you see Spiirt has more then ONE Meaning at, is it because you simply do not know what Spirit really is, So you scramble to find any thing you can twist to meet you false understandings and use it?. Spirit (simply put) is (INTELLECT) and show me any thing that has life that does not have intellect in it to one degree or another.

Mike spirits are (NOT) BODIES , THEY ARE WHAT IS (IN) BODIES. I thought you said you believed Scriptures well then believe what Jesus said about spirits. Now take a pin a burst the bobble your floating in and you might come to understand this. Mike if you keep cutting yourself of you will never grow in understanding. IMO

peace and love………………………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

gene

Mike spirits are (NOT) BODIES , THEY ARE WHAT IS (IN) BODIES

very good Gene ,this is the truth ,so if spirit are in the body ,then spirits being have a body,right?

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Perrre……………Yes all created (Beings) have Spirit (IN) them, or they could not exist. But without a body to animate, a spirit is useless by itself because it is effecting nothing, as Jesus said it goes about in (ARID) places looking for rest , it must have a PHYSICAL BODY to LAND OR COME TO REST (IN). There is no such thing as a SPIRIT BODY, There is only a BODY with SPIRIT (IN) It , that animates the body (IT) is (IN)> There is a “SPIRITUAL BODY “, and that is a PHYSICAL RESURRECTED “BODY” that IS SUSTAINED ETERNALLY BY THE SPIRIT OF LIFE (in) IT that will never leave that body so that body can never die. Jesus was alive in a Body and that body died and he was resurected in a body and that body would never die he is alive for evermore (IN) that body. Now all the powers and abilities that body has i do not know but one thing for sure it did go through a door and appeared and disappeared that is for sure. But even Philip was transformed away from the unique after he baptized him in his existing body and lets not forget Peter walked on water as Jesus did also with their present bodies. So the spirit can perform changes in physical laws that we are bound to. IMO

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 06 2011,10:22)
    Perrre……………Yes all created (Beings) have Spirit (IN) them, or they could not exist. But without a body to animate, a spirit is useless by itself because it is effecting nothing, as Jesus said it goes about in (ARID) places looking for rest , it must have a PHYSICAL BODY to LAND OR COME TO REST (IN). There is no such thing as a SPIRIT BODY, There is only a BODY with SPIRIT (IN) It , that animates the body (IT) is (IN)>  There is a “SPIRITUAL BODY “,  and that is a  PHYSICAL RESURRECTED “BODY” that IS SUSTAINED ETERNALLY BY THE SPIRIT OF LIFE (in) IT that will never leave that body so that body can never die. Jesus was alive in a Body and that body died and he was resurected in a body and that body would never die he is alive for evermore (IN) that body. Now all the powers and abilities that body has i do not know but one thing for sure it did go through a door and appeared and disappeared that is for sure. But even Philip was transformed away from the unique after he baptized him in his existing body and lets not forget Peter walked on water as Jesus did also with their present bodies.  So the spirit can perform changes in physical laws that we are bound to. IMO

Gene

spirit that are beings are called angels they come to us as messengers,they have a body or form,and their spirit or soul is in that body or form ,they are approx 100 000 000 of them
    and they are not a big blob when they come in a assembly before God,this is the type of body the 144 k will receive wen they are resurrected and they will be where Christ is ,all other will on earth and receive a new flesh body that is glorified because of the new soul that as been vivified by the knowledge and the application of Gods will ,and so be in accord with Christ and Gods spirit of truth,and no sin is found in them.

Pierre

Istari
    Participant

Excellent post, Gene.

I'm still not sure what Terraricca is trying to say but even what I think he is saying doesn't make sense.

Terraricca never seems to actually justify what he is saying – just vilify what others say.

'Spiritual Body' – Spirit Body? Nah?

What has 'being' got to do with 'Spiritual' in this context.

God is SPIRITUAL
    God is a SPIRIT

Why say 'God is Spiritual' if it is the SAME to say 'God is a Spirit'?

Jesus has a 'Spiritual Body'
    Jesus has a 'Spirit Body' – Jesus has a body of Spirit – Jesus has a Body belonging to a Spirit (Which one? Start a new nonsense: Which one of the Spirits does Jesus have the body of – and what does that Spirit have now that Jesus has it's body?)
    Truly, why say 'Has a Spiritual Body' if it is just as easy to say 'Has a Spirit Body' or 'Has a Body LIKE THAT WHICH A SPIRIT HAS'?

The point is strained – for many verses say that Jesus was taken up into Heaven without any stressing of 'the body transformation' that Mikeboll states but CANNOT DEFEND…

Remember, Mikeboll states that Jesus' body was TRANSFORMED JUST BEFORE HE ENTERED HEAVEN.
    Yet, not one single verse ANYWHERE says so…
    In fact, the actual verse to point to is 'It is RAISED A SPIRITUAL BODY'…

When Jesus was RAISED, what BODY was he RAISED in?

Mike is in danger of making a massive error by DENYING THE RAISING OF JESUS IN THE FLESH…
    Remember what Scriptures says: 'He who denies that Jesus was raised from the dead…' and many more things that Paul says in that same Chapter (1 Corinth 15).

Mike, please don't try to explain it away… Which ever way you try you are still saying that Jesus was NOT RAISED IN GLORY…
    Besides, how can you be so VILE as to deny Plain Scripture writing: IT (the Body) is RAISED A SPIRITUAL BODY…

Mike, WHAT WAS RAISED A SPIRITUAL BODY?
    Who are the ones who are SPIRITUAL in GALATIANS 6:1?

Mike, what does the term 'Spiritual' mean?
    Shimmer gave Mike a post showing Spiritual as 'Incorporeal' but so desparate is Mike to be right that he scratches at ANYTHING that appears to have ANY hope of aiding him. Sad man…

If Body means Body then why have Spirit that also means Body?

Poor guy… It must be such a sad thing to wake up every morning fretting about how he is going to answer each post levelled at him concerning 'Spirits with Bodies!'

How about God: He hasn't answered that part either!
    And the HOLY SPIRIT – does that have a body?
    If the Holy Spirit has a BODY why was it said to 'descend on him(Jesus) in BODILY FORM'?
    If a Car was driven up to a stop light – is it said to have been driven up to the stop light IN BODILY FORM?

If I go to visit a friend – do I say i am visiting him/her in BODILY FORM?

Well, maybe, if there was ANOTHER FORM, another WAY, I could have visited him/her?
    How about: IN SPIRIT….not physically, but SPIRITUALLY, IN MIND – not In BODY…

God desires SPIRITUAL WORSHIP – what does this mean?
    In Righteousness, in Sinlessness, in Love, Harmony, Grace, Piety, in Gloriousness of him…

And also the Scriptures says that the SINFUL BODY NEEDS TO PUT ON THE UNSINFUL, the Corrupt Body must put on the Uncorrupt – it does not say that the BODY IS DITCHED. But that it – the same BODY – is TRANSFORMED…
    Jesus' body was transformed at his being RAISED UP… he PROVED IT: Mikeboll read the truth that Jesus spoke to THOMAS: 'See, I am NOT A SPIRIT, for a Spirit DOES NOT HAVE FLESH AND BONE AS YOU SEE I HAVE'

Are you calling Jesus a LIAR, Mikeboll? Yes you are!
    Are you calling Jesus a DECEIVER, Mikeboll? Yes you are!
    Are you calling GOD ALMIGHTY a LIAR, Mikeboll? Yes you are!
    Are you calling YHVH, God Almighty, a DECEIVER, Mikeboll? Yes you are?

Show me a single definition of 'SPIRITUAL BODY' from ANY CREDIBLE SOURCE?

Why is there NONE, Mikeboll?

Moreover, since you say that the SPIRIT has a BODY then why is the BODY OF CHRIST raised into a SPIRITUAL BODY when it is ALREADY IN A BODY?

But then you don't make a distinction between whether you mean that the SPIRIT IS A BODY or that the SPIRIT IS IN A BODY…

Perhaps you might want to make your thoughts clear – if you can… (Doubt it!!)

AND, you, Mike, KNOWINGLY twist the Scriotures because NO WHERE does Paul make a distinction between those of the ELECT who go to Heaven and those who will be in PARADISE.

Mikeboll, you made up the part where you said 'Those going to heaven will be given Spiritual Bodies'.
    Mike, why do you do that and then claim you are ONLY SHOWING WHAT SCRIPTURES SAYS!!?

Since the SPIRIT is undying, Undecayable, SINLESS, incorruptible ALREADY – AND THE BODY IS NOT – which part would it be most likely to DIE and then be RAISED differently?

The SPIRIT of Jesus was RESTING with God… Until it was put BACK into a BODY… which over 500 persons saw…!
    Yet even with the benefit of thousands of years of hindsight, the Testamony of hundreds and the written word of God through Christ and the Saints, MIKEBOLL and his two other Serpent Kings still claim that Jrsus did NOT RISE FROM THE DEAD IN A SPIRITUAL BODY of Flesh complete with solid proof by way of the wounds made by the Nails in his hands and feet and by the Spear in his side…

Poor Mikeboll – is it that hard to give up fallacy?

Mike, no one will gloat at you if you give in now…

Istari
    Participant

Please can someone post a definition of “SPIRITUAL BODY” from a credible source (It is possible)!

Istari
    Participant

A definition of SPIRITUAL from: http://selfknowledge.com/91463.htm:

Spiritual (Spir”it*u*al) (?), a.
    [L. spiritualis: cf. F. spirituel. See Spirit.]

1. Consisting of spirit; not material; incorporeal; as, a spiritual substance or being. “It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.” 1 Cor. xv. 44.
    2. Of or pertaining to the intellectual and higher endowments of the mind; mental; intellectual.
    3. Of or pertaining to the moral feelings or states of the soul, as distinguished from the external actions; reaching and affecting the spirits. “God's law is spiritual; it is a transcript of the divine nature, and extends its authority to the acts of the soul of man.” Sir T. Browne.
    4. Of or pertaining to the soul or its affections as influenced by the Spirit; controlled and inspired by the divine Spirit; proceeding from the Holy Spirit; pure; holy; divine; heavenly-minded; — opposed to carnal. “That I may impart unto you some spiritual gift.” Rom. i. ll. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings.” Eph. i. 3. “If a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one.” Gal. vi. 1.
    5. Not lay or temporal; relating to sacred things; ecclesiastical; as, the spiritual functions of the clergy; lords spiritual and temporal; a spiritual corporation.

— Spiritual coadjuctor. (Eccl.) See the Note under Jesuit.
    — Spiritual court (Eccl. Law), an ecclesiastical court, or a court having jurisdiction in ecclesiastical affairs; a court held by a bishop or other ecclesiastic.
    Spiritual (Spir”it*u*al), n.

A spiritual function, office, or affair. See Spirituality, 2. “He assigns supremacy to the pope in spirituals, and to the emperor in temporals.” Lowell.

No, I couldn't find any definition of 'Spiritual Body' either…

Istari
    Participant

And because I found none – I'm posting this:

20. What is a Spiritual Body?

Answer: It is a body made in the glorious nature of the Spirit of God, and therefore incorruptible in life.

Proof:

…there is a spiritual body… Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. (1 Cor. 15:44-46).

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (John 3:6).

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. (Romans 8:11).

And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. (1 Cor. 15:49).

For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. (1 Cor. 15:53).

Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. (Phil. 3:21).

21. Is a spiritual body like a mortal body?

Answer: It is like it in shape, but not in nature.

Proof:

…we shall all be changed… this mortal must put on immortality. (1 Cor. 15:51-53).

…this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. (Acts 1:11).

Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. (Luke 24:39).

…we shall be like him (1 John 3:2).

22. What is the difference of nature between a spiritual body and a mortal body?

Answer: A mortal body grows old, decays and dies; whereas a spiritual body lasts forever. A mortal body is weak; a spiritual body is strong. A mortal body is corruptible, lustreless, and dishonorable, whereas a spiritual body is incorruptible, bright, and glorious. Even the clothes worn by a spiritual body can become as white as snow and as shining as the sun.

Proof:

Neither can they die any more (Luke 20:36).

It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: (1 Cor. 15:42-43).

They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters (Rev. 7:16-17).

have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? (1 Cor. 9:1) …I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me (Acts 26:13).

… his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. (Matt. 17:2).

…they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31).

…they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. (Daniel 12:3).

23. Shall we ever have our mortal bodies changed into spiritual bodies?

Answer: All will experience this glorious change who believe, love, and obey the truth steadfastly to the end. They will rise from the dead at the coming of Christ, and appear before him to be judged, along with all others who are at that time brought to judgment. When he has separated them from the unfaithful, the unfaithful will be dismissed from his presence to shame, corruption, and death, while they , the accepted, will be changed in a moment: all in one company, in the likeness of the body of their glorious judge.

Proof:

…We [the accepted] shall all be changed, (1 Cor. 15:51).

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. (2 Cor. 5:10).

For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. (Gal. 6:8).

…he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you… if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. (Romans 8:11-17).

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. (Dan. 12:2).

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? … And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matt. 7:22-23).

For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. (Gal. 6:8).

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. (Matt. 25:46).

For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; (1 Thess. 1:9).

CONTENTS | CONCERNING ANGEL

from: http://www.antipas.org/books/instructor/spiritual_body.html

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Istari…………….We are in agreement brother on this. Mike and others need to accept this truth it can greately help in their understanding of scripture. IMO

peace and love……………………………………….gene

Istari
    Participant

Gene,
    I want to see Mikeboll dispute the verses in the quotes given in my last post.

For instance, one says that 'God will quicken the Mortal Bodies': not a single mention of making them into Spirit Bodies…
    And 'those that Sow to the Spirit…': Mike would say this meant Angels?

That is why he cannot respond to Galatians 6:1 that clearly states that Spiritual Man (in the Flesh) should try to turn the wayward back to truth with gentleness.

Who are 'those who are Spiritual': Mike HAS to say 'Angels'…all the time knowing he is being disingenuous… Knowing all the time that WE KNOW that Nevis being disingenuous (p.s. Thats a nice way to say 'Lying through his forked tongue')!

Pastry
    Participant

The Spiritual Body
    By David Pyles

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. – 1Cor 15:44

Unfortunately, there are some who misuse this scripture in argument against a bodily resurrection, and some will say that, even if there is a bodily resurrection, this scripture does not refer to it. These will claim that spiritual body means the soul or spirit and that it does not refer to the material body. Such a conclusion is at variance with the entire tenor of the Bible and with the very context in which this scripture is found. Observe that:

1) While it is a spiritual body, it is nonetheless a body. Hence, the scripture does not deny the resurrection of the body; rather, it affirms the resurrection of the body in a modified form.

2) The resurrected body is a modified form of the body that was sown or buried (vss 37 & 55), but the spiritual man is not sown. When man dies, Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it, (Eccl 12:7). Accordingly, Isaiah said it was that which dwells in the dust that shall rise in the resurrection: Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead, (Isa 26:19).

3) It is in error to assume that spiritual can only imply “immaterial.” This can be seen from:

Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. – 1Cor 10:1-4

Here it is understood that in spiritual rock and spiritual drink there is an intended modification of the idea of the material rock and material drink, but it is not the intent to eliminate the material character of either the rock or drink.

The same idea can be seen in Paul's own explanation of the spiritual body:

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. – 1Cor 15:45-49

Hence, the second Adam, who is the returning Christ, or the Lord from Heaven, who will quicken the dead at His appearing, is called a quickening spirit, yet in referring to Him as a spirit, Paul does not imply that He is without a material body. Instead, the obvious intent is to explain His meaning of spiritual body by illustrating it with the resurrected body of Christ. This is an expected explanation to anyone believing in a bodily resurrection because:

4) The resurrected body of Christ is the prototype for all of those who will resurrected in Him. This is implied in the context, because Paul said, And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. That is, whereas the first Adam was the prototype of the present body, the Second Adam is the prototype of the spiritual body. This principle is very clearly taught elsewhere in the Bible (vss 12-17; Rom 8:29; Philip 3:21; 1Jn 3:2). But there is no doubt that Christ was raised in a material body of flesh and bones (Lk 24:39-43).

5) The resurrected body is a modified form of the body that dies, and it must die before it can be resurrected, because Paul says, Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die, (vs 36). This cannot refer to the spiritual man, because the spiritual man does not die. Accordingly, the body that is raised to immortality and incorruption is a modification of the body that had been sown in mortality and corruption (vss 42 & 53).

6) In the preceding verses, Paul considers various kinds of bodies and flesh. The comparisons and contrasts made here clarify his meaning when he later speaks of a spiritual body. He says,

Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body. All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. – 1Cor 15:36-41

As Paul considers the diversity in various forms of bodies and flesh, he never considers anything other than material entities. This shows that a material entity is under consideration when he later speaks of a spiritual body.

7) From the previous quote it can be seen that the spiritual body is “given” (i.e. God giveth it a body…) in the resurrection itself, so to affirm that spiritual body simply means the soul or spirit is to affirm that one does not have soul or spirit until the resurrection, or that the soul or spirit are modified in the resurrection. The scriptures will support neither idea. The obvious meaning is that God will give a modified material body in the resurrection.

8) The bodies of the resurrected will surely be identical in composition to the glorified bodies of those who will be yet alive when Christ returns, but it is obviously true that the latter will possess a modified form of the present body. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed … For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put immortality, (vss 51-53). Thus, the bodies of those who are alive when Christ returns are not done away, but are changed from corruptible to incorruptible and from mortal to immortality.

9) The denial of a bodily resurrection places one at odds with plain teachings of Paul elsewhere in the Bible. For example, consider:

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. – Rom 8:10,11

This scripture plainly distinguishes the spiritual and fleshly being of man, and it clearly applies the resurrection to the latter.

10) The denial of a bodily resurrection places one at odds with the plain teachings of other scriptural writers. These include:

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. – Job 19:25-27

Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead. – Isa 26:19

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. – Dan 12:2

When Paul speaks of a spiritual body, he means a material yet incorruptible and immortal body adapted to the heavenly clime, and this is in contrast to the natural body, which refers to the corruptible and mortal body that is adapted to the earthly clime.

Best matches for What is the definition of Spiritual Bodies?
    Instead, the obvious intent is to explain His meaning of spiritual body by illustrating it with the resurrected body of Christ.

Peace Irene

Pastry
    Participant

The above article compares it to Christ's resurrected body. Now we do know that Christ at the present is seated at the right hand of the Father. In order to be there, He has to be a Spirit Being. Because flesh and body cannot inherit the Kingdom of God….
    1Cr 15:50 ¶ Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
    Peace Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Pastry @ July 06 2011,15:16)
    When Paul speaks of a spiritual body, he means a material yet incorruptible and immortal body adapted to the heavenly clime, and this is in contrast to the natural body, which refers to the corruptible and mortal body that is adapted to the earthly clime.

Instead, the obvious intent is to explain His meaning of spiritual body by illustrating it with the resurrected body of Christ.

Thanks for that, Irene.

Shimmer once posted something from this same author, but I don't think it was the same piece of information.

peace and love to you my friend,
    mike

Istari
    Participant

Is it to be wondered at?
    Out of everything in the quote that Irene posted showing that the SPIRITUAL BODY is a modified form of the Natural Body, Mike selects a single sentence that mentions 'Heavenly' (When 'Heavenly' can mean 'Glorious') – I presume here that he is saying that the PHYSICAL CORRUPTIBLE BODY BODY adapted to a 'state of Glory' of INCORRUPTIBILITY is what Jesus now has in HEAVEN even though he is in a None Bodied SPIRIT (…SPIRIT…).

Note again that Paul did not say 'Clime of HEAVEN' but:
    'Heavenly Clime': State of Glory
    Also 'Earthly Clime': State of Sinfulness and Corruptibility.

What is a 'Heavenly Body' – is this not also translated 'Celestial Body' and 'Glowing Body in the Heavens'(note the plural) hence meaning 'Sun, Moon and Stars'?

Why does Mike need to TRY to hold onto weak tenuous threads of unwise thoughts…? (Answer is simply: Mike is trying to change Scriptures so he can say he did not lose to Istari – but it is not Istari who will judge him after the last trumpet and on the judgement day! Istari has always said: 'Come into the penfold of TRUTH. There are no losers here but ALL WINNERS.'
    Truth is not MINE, Mike.
    Truth is discovered (Mary),
    Accepted (the 500 and the Disciples),
    'Touched upon' (Thomas) and
    Believed by Faith (All others)

Just like you EXTRACTED a single reference to Spirit and then misrepresented it, so also you EXTRACTED a single reference to the GLORIFIED BODY and misrepresent that.

Clearly, the WHOLE of the rest of the quote from Irene speaking of the resurrected body modified to be incorruptible was of no value to your lack of understanding…

And the second point you posted shows clearly that you lack wisdom in regard to this topic for it does not mean what you try to FORCE it to mean in your mis-Wisdom!!

Istari
    Participant

The writer CLEARLY states that the resurrected body, the SPIRITUAL BODY, is in regard to that of the resurrected body of Jesus.

Yet you happily (Ignorantly) point out that Jesus is a Spirit.
    Well, Mike, Jesus WAS NOT RESURRECTED as a Spirit – was he?

Mike, what was Jesus resurrected as?
    And can that which was resurrected (Flesh and Bone: 'as you see I have' and Not a Spirit) enter HEAVEN (Did not say 'Heavenly'…)?

No, Mike, no.
    When you are in a cespit hole of corrupted thought (Bad Spiritual belief) – Stop digging – continuing to dig only gets you deeper in the $h!t…

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ July 07 2011,18:46)
    The writer CLEARLY states that the resurrected body, the SPIRITUAL BODY, is in regard to that of the resurrected body of Jesus.

Yet you happily (Ignorantly) point out that Jesus is a Spirit.
    Well, Mike, Jesus WAS NOT RESURRECTED as a Spirit – was he?

Mike, what was Jesus resurrected as?
    And can that which was resurrected (Flesh and Bone: 'as you see I have' and Not a Spirit) enter HEAVEN (Did not say 'Heavenly'…)?

No, Mike, no.
    When you are in a cespit hole of corrupted thought (Bad Spiritual belief) – Stop digging – continuing to dig only gets you deeper in the $h!t…

Istari!  Did you even read what was said about the resurrected Body of Christ.  Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, where Jesus is at the present time, seated next to His Father.  
    What did Jesus Body look like when He died on the cross.  That is not the same body Jesus was resurrected with.  His body was scourged to the point you could not recognize Him….He now has a better Spiritual Body, just like the Saints will have.  
    1Cr 15:44   It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.  
    This Scripture says so…..
    Unless you don't know what a natural body is?  Or a Spiritual Body is….
    The glory He had with His Father before the world was.

Jhn 17:5   And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.  

Peace and Love Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 3,461 through 3,480 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account