Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,281 through 3,300 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    Istari
    Participant

For Mikeboll64:

Psalms 139 (Concerning the Omnipresence of God)

7: Where can I go to escape your spirit? Where can I flee to escape your presence?

8: If I were to ascend to heaven, you would be there. If I were to sprawl out in Sheol, there you would be.

9: If I were to fly away on the wings of the dawn, and settle down on the other side of the sea!

10: even there your hand would guide me, your right hand would grab hold of me.

11:If I were to say, “Certainly the darkness will cover me, and the light will turn to night all around me,”

12: even the darkness is not too dark for you to see, and the night is as bright as day; darkness and light are the same to you.

Mikeboll, are you more SPIRITUAL than David that you can say that God is NOT OMNIPRESENT?

You speak of what you do not know and profane even the words of the King of Israel whom God himself blessed as the seed from whom the Saviour (Hero, God, Mighty One) would come.

Mikeboll, you are NOT FIGHTING Istari, but the FORCES OF GOODNESS – you are entertaining the PRINCE OF PERSIA!!

You have stepped closer to truth – yes… You are at least now discussing 'Spirit being Everywhere' even as you 'Laugh' and find Terra's lowbrow example 'Hilarious' (Mike, you delude yourself if you think I do not think that I know you were just SHOCKED at being found out and just kneejerked to say you agree with Terra BECAUSE I TOLD YOU EVERYTHING about that MANY TIMES OVER BEFORE. Terra himself said I was telling Fairytales and dabbling with Science fiction – yet here he is claiming the SAME THING – and you think it's HILARIUOS – Mike, you are deplorable – maybe the Spiritual food is too rich for you :

Mike, 'Get off your Harse and suckle your Milk'… Meat is no good for one with no teeth to chew with.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ June 26 2011,13:15)
    Yet, “For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality.” -1 Corinthians 15:53

“THIS PERSIHABLE BODY…” becomes “The IMPERISHABLE BODY” and the “MORTAL BODY” becomes “IMMORTAL” (Is the SPIRIT NOT ALREADY IMMORTAL?)

Scriptures clearly states that it is the BODY RAISED FROM THE DEAD THAT BECOMES IMMORTAL AND IMPERISHABLE…(Like the Spirit – not Subject to dying…) SPIRITUAL BODY….

Isari…………….This a agree with completely. The problem most people don't understand is what the word (IT) is referencing there . It is referencing the Mortal “BODY” we now possess and (IT) must be changed into an IMMORTAL BODY, just as Jesus Body was so (IT) can live forever. The it is a reconstructed physical body and when Spirit is added back into (IT) we become a living Soul again. Just that simple. All scriptures backs this up also. God can destory us by simply not resurrecting another Body and adding Spirit back unto it and it that happens we never would exist as a living Soul again. Just that simple. That is why scripture say GOD can destory ( BOTH) Body and SOUL IN THE “GRAVE” . When a man dies the Spirit is separated from the body and his thoughts parish he no longer exists and will remain that way forever unless God reconstructs an exact body of some kind and adds spirit back into it. A body that contains all of our personalities we were given at berth. on this earth in the bodies we now have our own personal DNA. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hey Gene,

You acknowledge that angels DO have bodies. What are those bodies made of?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 24 2011,14:55)

Quote (Ed J @ June 23 2011,21:21)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 24 2011,13:43)
    Hi Ed,

I'll let Pierre take care of Pierre.  But I'm still waiting for a response to this post:

Hi Ed,

It is Istari's claim that angels are “everywhere all the time” – not mine.  I have been arguing AGAINST that claim for over 300 pages now.

But if YOU don't think they are “everywhere all the time”, then what is it that distinguishes them as being HERE at the same time they are not THERE?  Without a body, or outer perimeter of some kind, they couldn't help but to be “everywhere all the time”.

Hi Mike,

Great!

The thing that would distinguish them from being everywhere at the same time is: they are not YHVH.

God bless  
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

:D  Ed, I don't think “they are not YHVH” is a “thing” per se, do you?  :)

But okay, how can YHWH be everywhere all the time when angels are said to come into His presence and leave from it?  If HE was “everywhere all the time”, everything in creation would ALWAYS be in His presence.

Job 1
    6 One day the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them. 7 The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

The angels wouldn't have had to COME to present themselves before God, for He would have already BEEN anywhere they came FROM.  Nor would God have asked Satan where he came FROM, for God would have been there too.

So Ed, make a serious attempt to answer my question, or just forget about it and I'll assume you cannot answer it.  At least not without agreeing that there must be something that limits where any particular angel IS and where he IS NOT at any given time.

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike,

In Job it says there was “a Day” when all the son's of God came to present themselves before The LORD.

You are reading into the verse to say it means a certain place as well.
    You are also reading into the verse to say son's of God means angels.

I do take your questions seriously, it is you who doesn't take my answers to seriously.

Let's look at this comparatively.
    When someone goes to church on Sunday to present themselves before the LORD,
    does this mean that they were not before the LORD before going to church on Sunday?

Awaiting your further response.
    Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 26 2011,02:01)

Quote (Ed J @ June 23 2011,22:45)

Hi Mike,

Of course there are limits to where the angels are and are not.

Hi Ed,

I was asking you WHAT it is that “limits” them from being everywhere all the time.

Quote (Ed J @ June 23 2011,22:45)

You do not believe that YHVH is everywhere?

From Solomon's prayer when he dedicated God's Temple:

2 Chronicles 6
    18 But will God really dwell on earth with men?

21 Hear the supplications of your servant and of your people Israel when they pray toward this place. Hear from heaven, your dwelling place; and when you hear, forgive.

25 then hear from heaven and forgive the sin of your people Israel

30 then hear from heaven, your dwelling place.

From Jesus' instructions on how to pray:
    Matthew 6:9
    “This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name……………

Mark 11:25
    And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins. ”

John 17:1
    After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: “Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.

Ed, I believe our Father dwells in heaven.  I believe that when it is said that our Father is “in us” or “in Jesus”, it is a poetic way of saying that God does works through Jesus and others FROM His dwelling place in heaven.

I believe it is the Spirit of God that is “omnipresent”, in that He can send out that “feeler” anywhere He wants in order to gather or send information, while the Being of God Himself remains in heaven – His dwelling place.

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike,

So you don't really believe “God The Father” is in you?   …only in a poetic sense?
    You further believe the “Holy Spirit” is everywhere, but not “God The Father”?

God bless  
    Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 26 2011,02:17)

Quote (Ed J @ June 24 2011,13:33)
    Hi Istari,

If the answer one gives is not the type of answer Mike can leverage
    into proving you are wrong, then you have not answered his question.

Rather Ed, when one is scared of having their doctrine proved wrong, they will side-skirt the question and play games.  I did not know people were like this until I joined this forum (the first and only forum I've ever joined).  Since that time, I've gotten very adept at re-wording and tweaking my questions to the point that there is no more “wiggle room” left for the person who bends over backwards and does anything he can just to avoid DIRECTLY answering the simple and direct question I've asked them.

Let's see if you answer my question about WHAT “limits” angels from being “everywhere all the time”………….or if you continue to side-skirt it with silliness like “they're not YHWH – that's why!”

The problem is, that many people here are just like you, Ed.  Many people also pretend that answers like “they're not YHWH – that's why!” ARE credible answers to my questions.  Deep down they know those answers are fluff, and as a defense, they jump on the “Mike keeps asking even though we've answered him” bandwagon.  In this way, they try to put the focus on MIKE being a hardheaded idiot and divert that focus AWAY FROM the fact that they DIDN'T really answer my question.

You guys can keep screaming that until the cows come home for all I care.  It will not stop me from tweaking my questions and jumping through all the hoops you put before me in my effort to get the REAL answer to my simple and direct questions.  :)

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear you learned to adjust your questions to get the intended question addressed;
    I remember pointing out (to you) how important the questions wording needs to be. :)

We do not really know what kind of bodies Angels possess when they are not in our plane of existence.
    You are delving into areas that are unknown and acting as if you have definitive answers, are you not?

God bless  
    Ed J

terraricca
    Participant

edj

Let's look at this comparatively.
    When someone goes to church on Sunday to present themselves before the LORD,
    does this mean that they were not before the LORD before going to church on Sunday?

witch church would that be ?

since we now worship God in truth and spirit and actions to certify our true heart.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

edj

Glad to hear you learned to adjust your questions to get the intended question addressed;
    I remember pointing out (to you) how important the questions wording needs to be.

it is more related to the real will of the listener who want to understand the questions and then answer them ,right?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

edj

So you don't really believe “God The Father” is in you? …only in a poetic sense?

so what is or who is THE HOLY SPIRIT ? if you answer that question ,ED you will know if we can have or possess the holy spirit ,right?

as for God being in anybody is ludicrous,again answer the previous question and then we or you can answer to that question as well.

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Ed,

It is for this reason that you are irritating to discourse with.  If you were a novice to the scriptures, I'd have no problem with these nit-picky questions and diversions.  But you claim to be a learned student of the written word of God, so it becomes irritating to me.

Quote (Ed J @ June 26 2011,11:45)

The Hebrew word for “come” is bow', which literally means “the sons of God CAME [from somewhere else] to present themselves before YHWH”.  If YHWH was “everywhere all the time”, then no son of God would have had to COME from anywhere to present himself before God, because God would have already BEEN wherever that son of God was.

Do you refute this understanding?  If so, why?  And what scriptural support do you have to claim “sons of God” refer to someone other than angels?

And more importantly:  What does THIS have to do with the discussion we're having?  Are we debating whether or not the sons of God in Job 1 were angels?  How does this fit into our discussion, Ed?  Is it perhaps just a diversion?  In fact, the only reason we're discussing whether or not GOD is “everywhere all the time” is because you gave a lame answer to my question about ANGELS being “everywhere all the time”.

Let's get back to THAT subject, shall we?  If, as you and I both agree, angels are NOT “everywhere all the time”, then what is it that separates where the being of a particular angel IS from where the being of that same particular angel IS NOT at any given time?

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ June 26 2011,11:51)
    Hi Mike,

So you don't really believe “God The Father” is in you? …only in a poetic sense?

I believe what the scriptures I listed teach me, Ed. Don't you? ???

And I believe that the Holy Spirit CAN BE sent to anywhere and everywhere God decides to send it at any given time. I do NOT believe that the Holy Spirit is ALWAYS “everywhere all the time”.

Jesus would not have said he would SEND the Holy Spirit TO his disciples if that Spirit had been with them the whole time, right? So the fact the Holy Spirit was NOT with the disciples until after Jesus ascended shows that the Holy Spirit was NOT “everywhere all the time”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Ed wrote:

[/quote]

Hi Mike,

In other words, you are going to take credit for teaching me how to redefine and tweak the questions that you refused to answer the first time I asked them?   :D  :laugh:  :D   Thanks Ed!  Thanks for being such a diverter that I've had to learn to word my questions ever so delicately!  :D

We do not really know what kind of bodies Angels possess when they are not in our plane of existence.

So you agree that they must have a body of some sort then?  Excellent!  :)

peace,
    mike

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 27 2011,05:14)
    edj

So you don't really believe “God The Father” is in you?   …only in a poetic sense?

so what is or who is THE HOLY SPIRIT ? if you answer that question ,ED you will know if we can have or possess the holy spirit ,right?

as for God being in anybody is ludicrous,again answer the previous question and then we or you can answer to that question as well.

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

so what is or who is THE HOLY SPIRIT ?

God. (See Acts 5:3-4)
    Acts 5:3-4 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the HolySpirit,
    and to keep back part of the price of the land? 4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold,
    was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

ED you will know if we can have or possess the holy spirit ,right?

The HolySpirit possesses us; not the other way around. (2 Cor.6:16)
    As God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them;
    and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (2 Cor.6:16)

Eph.4:4-6 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord,
    one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who
    is above all, and through all, and in you all.

God bless
    eD j (Joshua 22:34)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 27 2011,12:58)

Quote (terraricca @ June 27 2011,05:14)
    edj

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

so what is or who is THE HOLY SPIRIT ?

God. (See Acts 5:3-4)
    Acts 5:3-4 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the HolySpirit,
    and to keep back part of the price of the land? 4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold,
    was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

ED you will know if we can have or possess the holy spirit ,right?

The HolySpirit possesses us; not the other way around. (2 Cor.6:16)
    As God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them;
    and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (2 Cor.6:16)

Eph.4:4-6 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord,
    one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who
    is above all, and through all, and in you all.

God bless
    eD j (Joshua 22:34)

edj

SO YOU STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS THE HOLY SPIRIT ,RIGHT?

you are showing all those scriptures but you do not understand them ,right?

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 27 2011,05:34)
    Hi Ed,

It is for this reason that you are irritating to discourse with.  If you were a novice to the scriptures, I'd have no problem with these nit-picky questions and diversions.  But you claim to be a learned student of the written word of God, so it becomes irritating to me.

The Hebrew word for “come” is bow', which literally means “the sons of God CAME [from somewhere else] to present themselves before YHWH”.  If YHWH was “everywhere all the time”, then no son of God would have had to COME from anywhere to present himself before God, because God would have already BEEN wherever that son of God was.

mike

Hi Mike,

You may have overlooked my previous response to this.
    When people go to Church to present themselves to The LORD,
    does that mean the LORD was not with them before? In more term,
    does that mean that the LORD is only at the church where they're going?

God bless  
    Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Do you refute this understanding?  If so, why?  And what scriptural support do you have to claim “sons of God” refer to someone other than angels?

And more importantly:  What does THIS have to do with the discussion we're having?  Are we debating whether or not the sons of God in Job 1 were angels?  How does this fit into our discussion, Ed?  Is it perhaps just a diversion?  In fact, the only reason we're discussing whether or not GOD is “everywhere all the time” is because you gave a lame answer to my question about ANGELS being “everywhere all the time”.

mike

Hi Mike,

Do you not consider “US” to be “Sons of God”. (See)
    1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be:
    but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

God bless  
    Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Let's get back to THAT subject, shall we?  If, as you and I both agree, angels are NOT “everywhere all the time”, then what is it that separates where the being of a particular angel IS from where the being of that same particular angel IS NOT at any given time?

mike

Hi Mike,

First: I believe we agree that Angels are not everywhere at the same time; correct?

what is it that separates where the being of a particular angel IS from where the being of that same particular angel IS NOT at any given time?

Um, Ah, space?

God bless  
    Ed J

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Pierre,

Ed and I have discussed Acts 5 before.  Here are the TWO parts of that passage we have to take into consideration:

1.  3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied to men but to God.”

2.  9 Peter said to her, “How could you agree to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”

Ed is quick to point out the first (and ONLY the first) part of this passage so he can feel secure with his claim that the Holy Spirit OF God is the God it is the Spirit OF.  (Funny that he can not make the connection that this same reasoning is what the Trinitarians use to claim the Son OF God is the God he is the Son OF.  ??? )

At any rate, Ed conveniently and PURPOSELY ignores the second part of the passage, which clarifies that the Holy Spirit is NOT God Himself, but “the Spirit OF the Lord”.

This is called “cherry-picking scriptures”, and I think I'll add that to the list in the Bizzaro thread.

peace,
    mike

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 27 2011,05:39)

Quote (Ed J @ June 26 2011,11:51)
    Hi Mike,

I believe what the scriptures I listed teach me, Ed.  Don't you?  ???  

And I believe that the Holy Spirit CAN BE sent to anywhere and everywhere God decides to send it at any given time.  I do NOT believe that the Holy Spirit is ALWAYS “everywhere all the time”.

Jesus would not have said he would SEND the Holy Spirit TO his disciples if that Spirit had been with them the whole time, right?  So the fact the Holy Spirit was NOT with the disciples until after Jesus ascended shows that the Holy Spirit was NOT “everywhere all the time”.

Hi Mike,

The “HolySpirit” was sent to reside in us, not beside us.

John 14:17 The Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not,
    neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

2 Cor.6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God;
    as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

God bless  
    Ed J

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ June 26 2011,13:19)
    Hi Mike,

You may have overlooked my previous response to this.
    When people go to Church to present themselves to The LORD,
    does that mean the LORD was not with them before? In more term,
    does that mean that the LORD is only at the church where they're going?

Not at all.  I PURPOSELY ignored it as the diversion from the point that it is.

God does NOT dwell on earth or inside of any particular person – or even a group of people.  God's dwelling place is in heaven, Ed – or don't you believe the scriptures?

You must pray for discernment as King Solomon did.  You must pray to understand that God being “with us” and “in us” and “among us” are all figurative ways to say that our God supports and helps us when we strive to do what is right in His eyes.

Ed, consider that if a single thunder clap was literally INSIDE of you, it would explode you from the inside out.  How much more the God to whom the loudest thunder clap is a faint whisper?  God dwells in UNAPPROACHABLE light Ed.  You can't even APPROACH that light, let alone have it physically and literally INSIDE OF YOU.

Viewing 20 posts - 3,281 through 3,300 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account