Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,381 through 2,400 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    Baker
    Participant

Karmaria, Mike and Istari!

Rev 7:9 ¶ After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Rev 7:11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and [about] the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

Rev 7:12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, [be] unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

Rev 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Rev 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

Notice that they came out of great tribulations, and have washed their robes white in the blood of the Lamb. At the end time, I do believe that some will change into a Spiritual Body..

1Cr 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

The meek will inherit the earth, it says that all will be changed. Those that will inherit the earth, IMO will have a new body. The reason why I believe that not all will be Spirit Beings is, when God will come with the New Jerusalem, the Tree of Life is present. It was shut of because of sin. Where that is I don't know…. And if we will be Spirit Beings WOW, I would like very much to worship God in Song day and night. My KJV says they that stand in front of the Throne will worship God day and night…..

But Istari is right, we should humble our self and say what David and our thehappyman said, “Be happy to be the Doorkeeper at the Kingdom of God, read it in my Tread “Songs to Praise God”…….

Peace and love Irene

Istari
    Participant

Irene,

You are inching closer to the truth and that is excellent.

But REMEMBER please please please… Revelation is SYMBOLIC.
    Please don't read the symbolism as direct translation to human understanding…
    You need the right KEYS to each symbolic reference.
    Some may be easy but you can bet many others will be misinterpreted.

How do you describe Spiritual matters to ones of flesh?
    Use symbolic language that itself uses ideas from the perspective of the reader/listener.

How can you explain 'Up' to a Flatlander. A Flatlander has no concept of 'Up', 'down' or 'behind' so how do you say to him: 'He's behind you!!' as in that popular British pantomime?

Irene, it is certainly true that those saved to heaven from the first resurrection will have Spiritual bodies with which they will enter their spirits into when they are on earth. When they are in heaven they will be in their Spirit only.

Only Spirits exist in the Spirit realm.

Those saved out of the second resurrection will have fixed bodies of normal flesh which retain the spirit as they do today. Their Spirit cannot leave their bodies.

Those of heaven will be able to come and go from and back to the heavenly realm as they please and enter into recogniseable flesh bodies when on earth and out them off when entering heaven in spirit.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Baker @ April 24 2011,10:47)
    The reason why I believe that not all will be Spirit Beings is,

Hi Irene,

When have I ever said “all will become spirit beings”? ???

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Istari @ April 24 2011,12:58)
    Only Spirits exist in the Spirit realm.

And does Jesus exist there?

mike

Baker
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 25 2011,06:09)

Quote (Baker @ April 24 2011,10:47)
    The reason why I believe that not all will be Spirit Beings is,

Hi Irene,

When have I ever said “all will become spirit beings”?  ???

mike

I didn't apply to mean you did, Mike……Irene

Baker
    Participant

How do you describe Spiritual matters to ones of flesh?

Istari! I didn't say Spiritual flesh!!! Paladin did. Flesh, bone and Spirit… I said Spirit beings…..that is not the same…. Is it????
    Which part in Rev. 7 is symbolic to you???
    You said “Only Spirits exist in the Spirit realm.” With that I agree 100%….

Peace Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Oh. The post was addressed to me…………….so I just assumed. Sorry. :)

mike

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 23 2011,21:32)

Quote (seekingtruth @ April 22 2011,23:31)

1Cr 15:50 ¶ Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

There is nothing in this verse that prevents flesh and bone from entering.

My opinion – Wm

Hi Wm,

FLESH cannot enter the Kingdom of God.  Forget the “bone versus blood” debate and deal only with the word “flesh”.

It cannot enter.

mike

Lets assume you are correct at there is an inferred “All” in that passage.

It does not state enter.  It states “inherit” which means “come into possession of”.

According to the Greek Lexicon at searchgodstruth.org the word inherit is translated from the transliterated word “Kleronomeo”.

It is used two other times in 1 Corinthians

1Co 6:9

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1Co 6:10

Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1Co 15:50

Now thisI say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Those are the King James Version of those Scriptures.

1 Corinthians 15

50And this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood the reign of God is not able to inherit, nor doth the corruption inherit the incorruption;

Istari
    Participant

Irene,
    There is some misunderstanding.

I was trying to show how Flatlander man cannot contemplate higher perspective matters.
    How the Flesh cannot contemplate the Spirit
    How can one be in one place at one moment and a complete diffferent place the next
    That Spirit is not inhibited by time and space as flesh is because Flesh needs to move as one unit from single position to single other position in a regulated time.

Spirit has no such restriction because it has no 'body' to require remaining together.

Spirit is like thought: think where you want to be and you are there – in the twinkling of an eye!!

A Spirit needs no food – Food is required to sustain a body.

A spirit does not sleep for sleep is only to rest a body.

A Spirit cannot be harmed by flame, cold, weapons, depth of pressure nor fear by height for there are no elements to be affected by these forces of energy.

A spirit is unaffected by barriers, boundaries, Walls or Borders for it materialises where it wills.

The appearance of a Spirit at any point in the physical world is by it's own will to appear there.

It can be within the flesh (Man or animal but mostly man), a vision, or as a materialised temporary body of flesh.

Where then can one hide from a Spirit – where then can a Spirit not be IN THE SPIRIT REALM – then it is everywhere – Only in the physical world is it in one place at one time.

Baker
    Participant

Istari! I agree with you what a Spirit is, I guess I wanted to make sure, if Paladin was reading, this is what He believes, a post He made to me in 'incarnation tread.

Sorry 'bout that Dear Sister;
    Jesus is not a spirit being. He is flesh and bone, with a spirit.

That I don't believe… There is however a Scripture that says this

1Cr 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Some think that the Spiritual body, is a flesh body with Spirit in it. I don't believe that. It would not say that there is a natural body and a spiritual body…..two different bodies, not the same… What say you…

Peace and Love Irene

:p

Istari
    Participant

Irene,

First, thank you for agreeing the aspects of what Spirit is that I outlined above. There is more but I don't claim all knowledge.

The question you ask then is 'How does Spirit have a body'?

And the inter-reply is 'What is a Body'?

A body is an enclosed set of elements that form a discernible shape and move together in the main as one unit.

A body thus occupies a volume of space and is bound together in what can be called a 'skin'.

This skin is used to retain the BODY of elements – a balloon 'skin' retains a BODY of air (gas) separate from all surrounding air (gas).

Someone will now say that (on earth) that air is a Body held by the skin that is the atmosphere .. So big deal… What's your point!!
    Well, what if that skin of atmosphere where removed as on, say, Mars or the Moon? Where is that air (gas) now and is it still a body?
    Obviously, No! For that air is EVERYWHERE in the universe. It is SPIRIT… only when the gas comes together in one place acting as a unit does it become – A Body!

Water, is made up of two elemental atoms, hydrogen and oxygen. They exist separately everywhere…they are gas in free form – Spirit. But when they come together in precise proportions they form Water molecules (single unit body) and when these water molecules gather together in a Skin of a container they form a (full) BODY of water but only as long as they are contained…

But all this is still MATERIAL MATTER so please don't overanalyse …

So, the Spiritual Body… We differ on the emphasis of the two words.
    You emphasise 'spiritual BODY'
    I emphasise 'SPIRITUAL body'

If the statement were 'Glorified and Sinless Body' would we differ in understanding?

SPIRITUAL does not mean SPIRIT else Paul would have said 'SPIRIT BODY'

What other phrases can SPIRITUAL appear in and would you believe it were referring to Angels or God? For sure, it PERTAINS to THE SPIRIT but not A Spirit!

The Spiritual body is a glorified body… And Jesus most certainly was raised in a Spiritual body: Sinless, Righteous, incorruptible, undying…

Jesus Showed his glorified body to hundreds of followers as well as the Disciples and the women… He showed them the holes made by the nails from his crucifixion.

Ask: why were they not healed as easily as Jesus himself healed many in his former life?
    Simple: to act as proof AND a memorial to his sacrifice.

Ask why his Disciples did not recognise him straight off?
    Simple: His body was changed from the haggardness of human nature (The capacity to Sin – though Jesus didn't sin, the capacity to decay and die, retention of the spirit – the animator of the body)
    To the beauty of the unblemished and pure Spiritualness of a Sinless body of flesh.

A Spirit[UAL] Body… What concept is this?
    Does scriptures not say that God did not suffer to let Jesus' body see Corruption?

Jesus was ONLY in the grave for three days and nights before being raised again.
    Lazarus was in the grave FOUR DAYS and was still in his original body when he was raised.
    But Lazarus' body was not glorified but went on to see corruption when he died later in time!

Irene, the Spirit does not change but returns to God who gave it.
    In the resurrection new bodies of undying flesh will be made for those who asked to life. Their Spirits held by God will be put in those bodies … But those of the first resurrection will also be able to live outside of their glorified bodies as Spirits in heaven with Christ.

To wit: Spiritual Body has nothing to do with having a body made of Spirit!

Irene, what is a body… Seeing that a Spirit is free to be anywhere it will – and a body is an encompassing unit, is not a SPIRIT[UAL] BODY then LIMITED, BOUNDED, less than a Free Spirit?

Jesus' Spiritual Body is Flesh and Bone…
    Flesh (and blood/bone) cannot occupy the IMMATERIAL invisible Spirit realm
    Material matter – that is: a Body – cannot exist in a immaterial world.

A body of water could not exist in open space
    A body of gas cannot exist as a body of gas in open space.
    They will desperse EVERYWHERE in that space.

There is a natural body… That is succeptible to sin, that grows old and dies and goes to corruption back as dust to the earth.
    And there is a Spiritual Body… That cannot sin, that does not grow old and does not die nor see corruption.

There are no other verses that could be mistaken for speaking of Spirit Body – but there are PLENTY that speak of 'Putting off the Flesh and living by the Spirit' yet it cannot be confused that this is speaking of 'Living a Sinless life' (as Sinless a life as possible) on earth… Until the resurrection.

Else…of course, we would have lots of Spirits of Apostles and Saints, Bishops and Priests walking around on earth in SPIRIT BODIES…

Irene, can you see that you need to change “SPIRITUAL” to “SPIRIT” in order to make it work for your idea…

Spiritual – is the nature…(Would be 'the Body acting in the Nature of the Spirit')
    Spirit – is the being…(Would be 'Body OF A Spirit')

Contemplate the Spiritual:
    – Spiritual intercourse (To interact with love and kindness)
    – Spiritual Nature (To act in a glorified manner)
    – Spiritual eye … (To see with godliness in mind)
    – Spiritual Mind … (To think with godliness)
    – Spiritual Worship (Worship in Spirit – Godliness)
    – Spiritual Brethren (like minded in godliness)
    – Spiritual …!!

Istari
    Participant

Irene,
    Are you Referring to Gene in your last post?

All living bodies have Spirit in them – the intelligence that drives it's actions.

Understand that Gene does not believe there are such things called Spirits as independent beings.

Gene, therefore cannot read anything that pertaining to spirits in heaven.

However, he IS HALF RIGHT in that an ANIMATED BODY Is a Body with a Spirit in it.

A Flesh/Meat body by itself is DEAD without an animating and energising intelligence – which is the Spirit…

I am reluctant to lock horns with Gene on this issue as there can never be any shifting in his position so any engagement would be purposeless.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ April 26 2011,03:49)
    Irene,

First, thank you for agreeing the aspects of what Spirit is that I outlined above. There is more but I don't claim all knowledge.

And the inter-reply is 'What is a Body'?

A body is an enclosed set of elements that form a discernible shape and move together in the main as one unit.

A body thus occupies a volume of space and is bound together in what can be called a 'skin'.

This skin is used to retain the BODY of elements – a balloon 'skin' retains a BODY of air (gas) separate from all surrounding air (gas).

Someone will now say that (on earth) that air is a Body held by the skin that is the atmosphere ..  So big deal… What's your point!!
    Well, what if that skin of atmosphere where removed as on, say, Mars or the Moon? Where is that air (gas) now and is it still a body?
    Obviously, No! For that air is EVERYWHERE in the universe. It is SPIRIT… only when the gas comes together in one place acting as a unit does it become – A Body!

Water, is made up of two elemental atoms, hydrogen and oxygen. They exist separately everywhere…they are gas in free form – Spirit. But when they come together in precise proportions they form Water molecules (single unit body) and when these water molecules gather together in a Skin of a container they form a (full) BODY of water but only as long as they are contained…

But all this is still MATERIAL MATTER so please don't overanalyse …

So, the Spiritual Body… We differ on the emphasis of the two words.
    You emphasise 'spiritual BODY'
    I emphasise 'SPIRITUAL body'

If the statement were 'Glorified and Sinless Body' would we differ in understanding?

SPIRITUAL does not mean SPIRIT else Paul would have said 'SPIRIT BODY'

What other phrases can SPIRITUAL appear in and would you believe it were referring to Angels or God? For sure, it PERTAINS to THE SPIRIT but not A Spirit!

The Spiritual body is a glorified body… And Jesus most certainly was raised in a Spiritual body: Sinless, Righteous, incorruptible, undying…

Jesus Showed his glorified body to hundreds of followers as well as the Disciples and the women… He showed them the holes made by the nails from his crucifixion.

Ask: why were they not healed as easily as Jesus himself healed many in his former life?
    Simple: to act as proof AND a memorial to his sacrifice.

Ask why his Disciples did not recognise him straight off?
    Simple: His body was changed from the haggardness of human nature (The capacity to Sin – though Jesus didn't sin, the capacity to decay and die, retention of the spirit – the animator of the body)
    To the beauty of the unblemished and pure Spiritualness of a Sinless body of flesh.

A Spirit[UAL] Body… What concept is this?
    Does scriptures not say that God did not suffer to let Jesus' body see Corruption?

Jesus was ONLY in the grave for three days and nights before being raised again.
    Lazarus was in the grave FOUR DAYS and was still in his original body when he was raised.
    But Lazarus' body was not glorified but went on to see corruption when he died later in time!

Irene, the Spirit does not change but returns to God who gave it.
    In the resurrection new bodies of undying flesh will be made for those who asked to life. Their Spirits held by God will be put in those bodies … But those of the first resurrection will also be able to live outside of their glorified bodies as Spirits in heaven with Christ.

To wit: Spiritual Body has nothing to do with having a body made of Spirit!

Irene, what is a body… Seeing that a Spirit is free to be anywhere it will – and a body is an encompassing unit, is not a SPIRIT[UAL] BODY then LIMITED, BOUNDED, less than a Free Spirit?

Jesus' Spiritual Body is Flesh and Bone…
    Flesh (and blood/bone) cannot occupy the IMMATERIAL invisible Spirit realm
    Material matter – that is: a Body – cannot exist in a immaterial world.

A body of water could not exist in open space
    A body of gas cannot exist as a body of gas in open space.
    They will desperse EVERYWHERE in that space.

There is a natural body… That is succeptible to sin, that grows old and dies and goes to corruption back as dust to the earth.
    And there is a Spiritual Body… That cannot sin, that does not grow old and does not die nor see corruption.

There are no other verses that could be mistaken for speaking of Spirit Body – but there are PLENTY that speak of 'Putting off the Flesh and living by the Spirit' yet it cannot be confused that this is speaking of 'Living a Sinless life' (as Sinless a life as possible) on earth… Until the resurrection.

Else…of course, we would have lots of Spirits of Apostles and Saints, Bishops and Priests walking around on earth in SPIRIT BODIES…

Irene, can you see that you need to change “SPIRITUAL” to “SPIRIT” in order to make it work for your idea…

Spiritual – is the nature…(Would be 'the Body acting in the Nature of the Spirit')
    Spirit – is the being…(Would be 'Body OF A Spirit')

Contemplate the Spiritual:
    – Spiritual intercourse (To interact with love and kindness)
    – Spiritual Nature (To act in a glorified manner)
    – Spiritual eye … (To see with godliness in mind)
    – Spiritual Mind … (To think with godliness)
    – Spiritual Worship (Worship in Spirit – Godliness)
    – Spiritual Brethren (like minded in godliness)
    – Spiritual …!!

I didn't asked that question, I gave you this Scripture

1Cr 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Since it says natural body, IMO flesh and blood body, spiritual body. Two different bodies. IMO

Question is the natural body, flesh and blood? Since it says natural body, then is the Spiritual Body , Spirit…

Jesus is seated at the right hand of Almighty God. How can they sit, and how can they be different without some kind of form, to be able to recognize each other…I don't know it all either, but since the Spirit is like the wind, who would you recognize anyone that will become a Spirit Being. That is why I say Being….Hey, time will tell….Irene

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ April 26 2011,04:16)
    Irene,
    Are you Referring to Gene in your last post?

All living bodies have Spirit in them – the intelligence that drives it's actions.

Understand that Gene does not believe there are such things called Spirits as independent beings.

Gene, therefore cannot read anything that pertaining to spirits in heaven.

However, he IS HALF RIGHT in that an ANIMATED BODY Is a Body with a Spirit in it.

A Flesh/Meat body by itself is DEAD without an animating and energising intelligence – which is the Spirit…

I am reluctant to lock horns with Gene on this issue as there can never be any shifting in his position so any engagement would be purposeless.

Yes, I was thinking about Gene. Also about Paladin….Gene's logic, I think could not be, because of the 1 Corinth. 1:44…natural body and spiritual body. Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

JA………..Spirit is not a Body, it cohabits bodies , God was truly (IN) Jesus BY his Spirit, not by a Body but Spirit. Spirit is the cognate Power that work in all creation to what ever it supplies in the creation as the Lord God has purposed and given into each body it unique Spirit (intellects). Here is an example of what i am saying , there is the Spirit OF Wisdom, that can and is described as a She a Person, but (IT) is no a person, (IT) is Spirit a Cognate ability of the reasoning Process (IN) the Mind. The same hold with all Spirits, they induce a cognation in our minds . They are not bodies but thoughts which control all creation in one form or another. God himself is Spirit as Jesus said He does not have a Body but he can and does INDWELL Bodies. Jesus presents God as a Being (God the Father) because he is the driving force and Power that all thing come from , but notice where Jesus said “I HAVE SPOKEN TO YOU OF THE FATHER IN A PROVERABLE LANGUAGE (fictuious illistration) BUT A TIME WILL COME WHEN I WILL SHOW YOU CLEARELT OF (or about) THE FATHER.

Personification of Spirits is to let us understand it powers that effects our lives. It was by these powers that God brought all creation into being. We are not completely apart on this i believe, you see spirits as bodies, i see spirits as cognate abilities working (IN) physical Bodies. I think that is most of our differences on this. IMO

peace and Love to you and yours JA……………………………………gene

Istari
    Participant

Irene,
    'Sit' .. Please please Please… Irene, please…

Spirits don't have bodies to SIT, Stand, look, hear, touch – whatever..

To 'Sit' means to in 'in the power of'.

Spirit is ENERGY .. 'do you have the Spirit for the fight?'
    Contrast, 'Do you have the body for fighting'

Without the Spirit even the fittest Body is of no value!

And before you say it: David only had a Small body but he had High spirits and prevailed against the one with a huge body but no spirit!

It is the Spirit that counts – always!

Irene, to think of Spirit as like Flesh – is wrong wrong wrong… And that is the problem with many and what I try to illustrate with FLATLANDER MAN.

Irene, can you really not understand – you are close – try, please… Try- get rid of the flesh…

God does not SIT on a physical throne in heaven.
    Jesus does not physically SIT next to God
    The elders and Seraphims and Cherubims don't STAND in front of the throne.

These are all symbolisms for giving a HUMAN PHYSICAL FLESH VIEW of THE IMMATERIAL REALM.

As I said, I don't think you understood – how can the flesh (Humans) contemplate the Spirit…

Irene, you are NEXT TO SOMEONE in Spirit if you are in Agreement with them…
    'Im WITH you'
    'Ah, that's what you mean – I SEE'
    'I give you the AUTHORITY to carry put that task'

Irene,
    do you need to be NEAR someone to be with someone?
    Do you need eyes to see what someone means?
    Did the person have hands to receive authority?

Irene, Remember that the SPIRIT IS FIRST – then the Flesh.
    Flesh is a restrained restricted watered down meagre weak powerless form of the spirit
    Flesh copies the Spirit in a completely limited constrained way:
    we can only see what is in front of us within a small spectrum of light
    We can only touch what we can feel of a certain degree
    We can only hear a limited range of sound
    We can only move at a very limited speed
    We are limited to boundaries due to keeping our flesh bodies whole at all times – our senses help to keep us from DAMAGING our fragile bodies
    We have limited power to stop us hurting ourselves or going beyond the bounds of the constrains of the earth
    More…

God's throne is the SEAT ( The source) of his power.
    Remember God is ALL POWER… everything in this world is made of POWER (Energy) everything and that everything has one source – God Almighty…

The Spirits are powers with intelligence that God sends out to do his will.
    OUT? forth then… Sends forth…

You want to know how are they SEPARATED FROM EACH OTHER – Irene, do you have a radio?
    Can you tune in a Station on it ( sorry!) well, where are all those signals – right now? How many stations can you receive and how do you recognise them and – how ate they SEPARATED FROM EACH OTHER.. Yet, Irene, there are THOUSANDS OF STATIONS ALL AVAILABLE AT THE SAME TIME ALL AROUND YOU DAY AND NIGHT…
    Irene, move the radio around – do you Stop getting the stations be ause you move the radio around – No…(ok, we are talking earthbased example – bear in mind)
    Irene, where can you go to hide from the Spirit? And the Spirit is a million times greater than a radio signal.
    The loudest radio stations have the strongest signsls and the greatest POWER OUTPUT…
    The loudest strongest radio stations are NEXT TO EACH OTHER IN POWER.
    If the source of the power is an electricity generating station (We need to generate limited amounts of the energy but God IS his own everlasting Energy source) then the Controller of that station shares out – gives out his POWER to whom he will in portions as he deems necessary – and dictates what information is transmitted from each station ( each Angel) – the Angel can therefore be said to be like the radio wave on a precise frequency – there is unlimited numbers of frequencies and wavelengths that can be use. And all intermingle without interactions and are separateble as required.

Irene, how many radio frequencies can you receive on the tiniest radio receiver?
    Every single radio frequency that can be sent out – no limit!

And so it is with the spirit…

Istari
    Participant

And Irene,

If Jesus only received a SPIRIT BODY when God glorified him after raising him from the dead – what kind of body did his Spirit have when he was originally in heaven.

And what kind of Spirit body do the Angel Spirits have who were not glorified and received a new body?

And what kind of body does God have?

And how is God in all of us and everywhere if he has a body that is NEXT TO ANYTHING.

A body, Irene, is a constraint on the Spirit that is in it… Are you constraining God Almighty in a BODY.

Irene, stop PICTURING GOD as a MAN SITTING IN A CHAIR HOVERING IN THE SKY… that is what Flatlander thinks because Flatlander can't see anything outside of two dimensions!!
    Flatlander thinks everything is like his two dimensional world and cannot even imagine what UP is.

Same as man now – cannot contemplate Spirit because they think of Spirit like Flesh…

Why are Angels portrayed with WINGS in Scriptures?
    Because no one could understand how a human could FLY except by analogy with BIRDS…
    so how can a Spirit go UP Except by using WINGS… but see – Jesus rose up into the air…
    Do we not use human views in analogy … Wings of a Dove; power of an elephant; swimmlime Fish; speed of a cheetah; swift as a bird..; voice like an Angel… Because we can't think of any other words to express many things outside of fleshly view… And heaven is a thousand times more wonderful:
    'Eyes have not seen and Ears have not heard the things God has prepared for those who believe'
    Irene, be a believer and you too will behold the glory that God has in store.

Istari
    Participant

Gene,

When did I ever say that Spirit was body…?

I said Spirit was intelligence in Power – power, Energy with intelligence.

Spirit, that which animates the body in flesh…

I never ever once said ever not even once said 'Spirit is body'.

I went out of my way to show and explain how Spirit is NOT body…

Over and over and over and yet again – Spirit does not have body….post after post after post….Spirit is not body…

And then Gene says to me: Hey JA: you are wrong – Spirit is NOT BODY!!

Well, ok, thank you, Gene. I now understand – Spirit is not Body!

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ April 25 2011,06:47)
    1Cr 15:51   Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,  

1Cr 15:52   In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.  

The meek will inherit the earth, it says that all will be changed.  Those that will inherit the earth, IMO will have a new body.  The reason why I believe that not all will be Spirit Beings is, when God will come with the New Jerusalem, the Tree of Life is present.  It was shut of because of sin.   Where that is I don't know….

Irene, Istari, and all,

I guess if I have learnt something in the past few days, its that there will be some in Heaven, and some on Earth.
    I never used to believe that, now I do.

Baker
    Participant

Istari!  First I want to say this.  Look what it says in verse 44

1Cr 15:44   It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

1Cr 15:40   [There are] also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial [is] one, and the [glory] of the terrestrial [is] another.  

I also looked up celestial bodies up in our Random House Dictionary. It says this
    1.) pertaining to the Spiritual Heaven; heavenly divine celestial bliss.   God is divine, Jesus now is divine.  So when I say Spirit Being, there is nothing wrong with that.  There is a wide realm of what celestial is.  It is not only heavenly divine spiritual bodies.  But when Humans are resurrected some will have Spiritual Bodies.  Scripture do say that, in verse 44…..

And I found this on the Internet

They all have form….

!st Corinthians 15: 35 and on………terrestrial have to do with natural body's given to earthly life plants come from a seed and given a body all of it's own if you will, animals same, but they do not grow out of ground obviously, Humans the same way.There are terrestrial and celestial body's
    angels have celestial. Paul explains a process with us humans, If we are In Christ our body's die a terrestial body, he compares it to a seed that unless it is planted in the ground it remains useless.
    The same with a true christian, when we die, the undertaker puts us in coffin and lowers us 6 feet or whatever and we are raised with a celestial or immortal body, the same kind of body Jesus had after he rose from dead, he appeared to disciples and ladies for 40 days, he walked through walls………………………………..

Peace and love Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 2,381 through 2,400 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account