Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,221 through 2,240 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TO Again……..The problem is most do not understand what SPIRIT (IS) It is Not a Body it is, (simply put), the intellect (IN) a Body. Once you come to understand that then many scriptures become clear. Jesus plainly said He was NOT a SPIRIT, and that a Spirit does NOT Have a BODY as HE HAD> Spirit is the engine of the Body so to speak, any Body that has life in it has this driving force, Nothing exists here on earth or heaven with Life (IN) it that does not have Spirit IN IT> God Can live (IN) us because He is PURE Spirit. He was (IN) Jesus, reconciling the World to HIMSELF, Jesus Plainly said the FATHER (IN) ME (HE) Doth the works, the son of Man (Jesus) could do Nothing of HIMSELF> Spirit is most definitely (INTELLECT) and come in all types, clean, unclean, good and evil, spirit of truth, spirit of wisdom, and on and on it goes. These spirits make up our thinking and guide our thoughts, they make up our minds, and of 'the Spirit that was (IN) Christ Jesus be (IN) You (IT) will also quicken (bring to life) Your Mortal (BODIES)”. The Spirit of Truth is what can guide us into ALL TRUTH, it is the EARNEST of or FROM GOD> Pray for Spirit of GOD ask and you shall recieve, seek it and you will find it, Knock and it will be opened unto you. IMO

peace and love to you all……………………………..gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 21 2011,13:55)
    if angel can take a human body for the sake of there mission,would this not mean that they themself as a angel are individuals with a limited boundary body(body means not flesh but limits of yourself,)
    just as all creatures are who are in creation.NO ?

That's what I was thinking, Pierre.

Theo, I never meant to ask if angels had bodies OF FLESH.  That was never the question.  We have discussed the opinion that angels “create” a flesh body to do an earthly mission, etc.  And I believe Pierre agrees with that thought.

I don't.  If angels just “created” flesh bodies when they are on earth, then the Nephilim would have been nothing but human beings…………instead of the offspring of “sons of God” and “daughters of man”.

Anyway Theo, it comes down to the first answer I gave you.  Jesus IS a spirit, and Jesus DOES have a body “like those of heaven” have.  So if nothing else, we at least know that ONE spirit has a body.  :)

mike

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

MIke………….Why twist what Jesus said , He said a Spirit did (NOT) have a BODY as HE Has. What part of that you are unable to comprehend? Spirit is what is (IN) a BODY it is never a BODY it only lives (IN) Bodies. “GOD IN ALL AND THROUGH ALL” He doesn't do that with a BODY because GOD is a SPIRIT as Jesus said, and Spirits do not have bodies.

peace and love………………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 21 2011,22:32)
    MIke………….Why twist what Jesus said , He said a Spirit did (NOT) have a BODY as HE Has. What part of that you are unable to comprehend?

Gene,

What have I said that disagrees with Jesus' words there? ???

Jesus was obviously not a spirit when he said that, right?

But three different scriptures say he is now. What part of those scriptures are YOU unable to comprehend?

What part of “flesh cannot enter the Kingdom of God” are YOU unable to comprehend?

mike

Wispring
    Participant

Hi folks,
    I will post my opinion here once about spirtual bodies. I don't know for certain. God will let me know in his own good time. For purposes of metaphysical discussion spirits are made from stuff not of the physical realm they are made from stuff of the electromagnectic or light realm or combination of both. By Gods good pleasure they can trancend time and space and move about faster than the speed of light if need be. They are individuals, therefore, have limiting parameters of some sort especially when visiting the physical realm to be seen and heard by men. They have their own volition yet work harmoniously with respect to God's will. Gene likes to call the induviduality of that which is spirit “intellect”. This is functional and helps him to have mental construct to work with…perfectly valid for rational thought. Calling spirit “intellect” doesnt fundementally contradict any scripture so it's simply a matter of labelling he likes to employ. I sure am ok with it. I understand what he is talking about. As to the 5 dimension construct explained earlier in this thread, learned that in high school. Lastly I think if you going to discuss this stuff rationally you have to agree on methods,definitions, and terms. Stick to those terms until such time as any individual see's fit to add new terms. Do it simple. Do it logical. Do I in a way all who are participating can understand. Use Jesus's teaching about about building the house for you and other's enrichment and enhancement.

With Love and Respect,
    Wispring

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Wispring ………I started a thread once on the word Spirit and ask for all input so we could try to get a SIMPLY understanding of the WORD Spirit in IS SIMPLEST FORM and came to the conclusion it was simply (intellects). Not understanding what Spirit is is a Major stumbling block here and in Christianity in General. Some think Spirit is a Person when (IT) is not a Person but is what is (IN) a Person . Spirit can come and GO it can change our thinking it is what is working in our Minds giving us thoughts and reasonings. There is clean or unclean Spirit Intellects, there is the Spirit of Wisdom, the Spirit of Jealously, The Spirit of an adversary (satan) the is spirit of a Sound Mind, there is spirit of LOVE, There is Spirit (intellect) of TRUTH, the earnest of or From GOD. Spirit can be labeled as (INDIVIDUAL) Spirits, or (intellects of knowledge) those of good and those of evil and most Spirit falls into these two categories but there is also a Spirit of LIFE a working Intellect the Keep life going no matter who (IT) is IN.. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 23 2011,14:08)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 21 2011,22:32)
    MIke………….Why twist what Jesus said , He said a Spirit did (NOT) have a BODY as HE Has. What part of that you are unable to comprehend?

Gene,

What have I said that disagrees with Jesus' words there?  ???

Jesus was obviously not a spirit when he said that, right?

But three different scriptures say he is now.  What part of those scriptures are YOU unable to comprehend?

What part of “flesh cannot enter the Kingdom of God” are YOU unable to comprehend?

mike

Mike……….You basically dumped what Jesus said and add your view that he ditched his Body somewhere or somehow he was raised with and turned into a Spirit “BEING” without a Body. That is How you disagree with what Jesus and I have both said. IMO

peace and love………………………..gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

No Gene,

I have ONLY followed the teaching of the scriptures. At one point, Jesus plainly tells his disciples he is NOT a spirit. Later, after he ascends to heaven, we are told three times by the Apostle Paul that he IS now a spirit.

We are also told that flesh and blood cannot enter the Kingdom of God, where I perceive Jesus to be right now.

Am I wrong about these scriptures, Gene? Have I misquoted any of them?

mike

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike………….You have not shown any scripture that (SAYS) Jesus was changed from his flesh and Bone body to Spirit alone existence, that is an assumption on your part. To be spiritual is not the same as being a Spirit being, Spirit is NOT a being or Person it is what is (IN) a Being or Person. So if Jesus as you say is Spirit, Which Spirit is He then? Seeing there are so many of them spoken of in scripture , is He the spirit of wisdom, the spirit of Life , the spirit of evil , the spirit of truth, the spirit of GOD, the Spirit of an angel, the spirit of Love , the spirit of a sound Mind, an unclean spirit or a clean spirit a demonic spirit, what kind is he. If he is a Spirit what Spirit IS HE or what kind of Spirit is he. The problem mike is you do not understand what Spirit really Is You still think a Spirit is a Being and it is Not it is what is (IN) Beings> IMO

peace and love……………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 26 2011,08:33)
    The problem mike is you do not understand what Spirit really Is

No Gene,

The “problem” is that I'm done talking with you. You never can answer my questions, or scripturally refute what I've posted. Instead you just keep posting the same tired stuff about everyone else “not understanding” something.

Bye now,
    mike

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike……….I expected this kind of answer from you, its no surprise, that you fail to answer the question put to you and then then turn it around like were not answering them. I would not have to keep say you not understand it if you can answer the questions right. But in a way i am glad your not responding to me it never produced any good results anyway> IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………………..gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

What QUESTION did I fail to answer?

I've listed three of the ones you can't answer on the “incarnation” thread. We'll see if you can answer them over there. But in the meantime, what exact question have you asked of me?

mike

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

MIke …………Don't kid yourself i can and have answered the and so has others here you just fail to understand our answers, because it does not meet you dogmas. There were many thing i committed on and related to you for consideration which you ignored not me only but JA , Shimmer , and other here have to You push what others say aside and present you dogmas and say over and over answer my questions while ignoring anything they are saying and if they repeat it then you say something smart to or about them and ridicule them with you stupid Icons or ignorant words trying to discredit them or me in the eyes of others. IMO

Peace and love…………………………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 29 2011,22:47)
    MIke …………Don't kid yourself i can and have answered the and so has others here you just fail to understand our answers, because it does not meet you dogmas. There were many thing i committed on and related to you for consideration which you ignored not me only but JA , Shimmer , and other here have to You push what others say aside and present you dogmas and say over and over answer my questions while ignoring anything they are saying and if they repeat it then you say something smart to or about them and ridicule them with you stupid Icons or ignorant words trying to discredit them or me in the eyes of others. IMO

Peace and love…………………………………gene

gene

were is your question?

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Yeah! :)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca………..Regarding what thread , Go look at the Lucifer thread, and all the rest of them , Please don't give me this i did not ask question that were not answered Pierre. That simply is not true Pierre.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………..gene

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Mar. 09 2011,18:06)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 07 2011,09:05)

Quote (theodorej @ Mar. 06 2011,12:31)
    Greetings M….. This is a difficult question to answer with any certainty simply because our knowledge of the spirit world is so limited…

Hi Theo,

It's no more difficult than adding 1+1.  :)

1 Corinthians 15:45
    So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being” ; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

Philippians 3:21
    who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

There you have it, cut and dry.  IS Jesus a spirit?  YES.  DOES Jesus have a body?  YES.

See?  It's not that hard.  :)

mike

Greetings Mik….You have a talent and a flipant manner that one could take as authoritarian….Iam not quick to judgement,however, if you read my two posts in their entirety you would not have given such a rediculous answer….In addition the complexity of the question demands alot more than the paroting of a few scriptures in answer to a line that you obviously took out of context….The answer is not that simple if it was the question would not have been raised….We do not know the capability of the spirit world for as long as we have evolved to date we only know it exists we have know Idea of its capabilities….Jesus is lord vested with all the power and autority of the eternal if so desires he could manefest himself in a human body and the same goes for the angels if God sees fit….Admitting you do not know something is the beginning of education and learning..Educate me….

hahaahahaha,

:D :D :D :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 31 2011,09:43)
    Terricca………..Regarding what thread , Go look at the Lucifer thread, and all the rest of them , Please don't give me this i did not ask question that were not answered Pierre.  That simply is not true Pierre.

Gene,

MY simple question is: WHAT QUESTION DID I NOT ANSWER?

mike

Baker
    Participant

1Cr 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

1Cr 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

1Cr 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.

AS IT IS WRITTEN, tHE FIRST MAN WAS MADE A LIVING SOUL. THE LAST ADAM A QUCENING SPIRIT.

1Cr 15:46 Howbeit that [was] not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

1Cr 15:47 The first man [is] of the earth, earthy: the second man [is] the Lord from heaven.

FROM HEAVEN

1Cr 15:48 As [is] the earthy, such [are] they also that are earthy: and as [is] the heavenly, such [are] they also that are heavenly.

1Cr 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 01 2011,16:17)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 31 2011,09:43)
    Terricca………..Regarding what thread , Go look at the Lucifer thread, and all the rest of them , Please don't give me this i did not ask question that were not answered Pierre.  That simply is not true Pierre.

Gene,

MY simple question is:  WHAT QUESTION DID I NOT ANSWER?

mike

Mike……….You did not answer my question about what SATAN (THE BEING) looks Like , and asking a question about a question which i ask by the way, does not count as answering question put to you. So I will ask it again Please tell us what YOUR SATAN (BEING) actually looks like?. IMO

peace and love……………………………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 2,221 through 2,240 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account