Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,121 through 2,140 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Mar. 03 2011,14:05)
    To all,

Quoted:

“I need to ask you, what the “IT” is that Paul is talking about. : the body dies and IT is raised again. Spirit…is what animates a body, so how can the Spirit become a body? It is the Body, the flesh, that is corrupt…it is the flesh that dies…it is the flesh that raised again. The Spirit is returned to God on death and returned to the body on rebirth. The reborn body is cleansed of sin and no longer subject to corruption, it is righteous and Godly, in short, Spiritual…A Spiritual Body.

Paul, at no time in that chapter, makes reference to the Spirit. He says that they who are raised – in the first resurrection – will be become like Jesus, raised in a Spiritual body.
    Where does it say that Angels have bodies. ..where do Spirits or Angels come into the picture? NO WHERE…

there is not one single verse in the bible that says that the Angels of Heaven have bodies, and why should it…Angels are Spirits…and Spirits…are Immaterial…and immaterial means…without Body… “Spirit: An immaterial, bodiless, entity”.

Kar

the body can not sin it is the spirit or soul in it that sins,

the flesh body execute the orders from the soul or spirit within ,

so the corrupted soul is reborn in the truth and perfect knowledge of God so it dies for the sin of Adam and is resurrected trough Christ either in heaven or on earth,either with a spiritual or physical body but both being perfect and incorruptible,(dead trown in the lake of fire ,last enemy)

Pierre

karmarie
    Participant

Hi, Mike and Terra and Irene,

Quote:

“The body… Is sown in corruption… The body… Is raised in incorruption.

The latter part doesnt mean Spirit. If Paul had meant Spirit then he would have said 'Spirit'.

Jesus was raised in a Spiritual Body… And he Proved that Body to Thomas and all the disciples. Nothing is written by accident. The Thomas incident was written specifically to defend what Paul would later say because God knew that would happen, and that WE would question exactly as we are today!

Search the web. How many others have questioned Pauls words. Virtually none!!

-UnQuote.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (karmarie @ Mar. 03 2011,17:21)
    Jesus was raised in a Spiritual Body… And he Proved that Body to Thomas and all the disciples. Nothing is written by accident. The Thomas incident was written specifically to defend what Paul would later say because God knew that would happen, and that WE would question exactly as we are today!

Hey Wiz,

I blew off your pm today.  Sorry, but I had alot of them, and yours was too long and started off with you coming at me from a place of superiority.  As if you know all and were willing to do me the favor of letting me in on your spiritual knowledge.  The problem is that much of what you post is unsupported by the scriptures, yet you claim it as fact.  Who am I to believe?  You – or the scriptures?

I skimmed your pm and saw where you still think the Prince of Persia was a human being who was somehow capable of detaining an angel of Jehovah for 21 days.  That was enough.  I deleted it after that.

The body that Jesus showed to Thomas and the others is not the body he was raised to heaven in.  It couldn't have been.  For Jesus told the disciples he was NOT a spirit because spirits don't have flesh.  Yet we learn later that flesh cannot enter heaven…………..and that Jesus IS now a spirit.

What you suggest is that Jesus, as a spirit being, could just “create human type bodies” at will.  But if that was the case, then Jesus flat out LIED to his disciples by tellling them he was NOT a spirit, when in fact he WAS a spirit with a fake “created human type body”.

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Mar. 04 2011,17:21)
    Hi, Mike and Terra and Irene,

Quote:

“The body… Is sown in corruption… The body… Is raised in incorruption.

The latter part doesnt mean Spirit. If Paul had meant Spirit then he would have said 'Spirit'.

Search the web. How many others have questioned Pauls words. Virtually none!!

-UnQuote.

Kar

you should read the scriptures and not corrupt them with you preconceived ideas ,

i told you the flesh can not sin ,just as a parked car can not create a accident it is the soul (spirit) in it that does the sinning,it is the driver of the car that make the accident,do you understand that ??

as for the body there is plenty said about it ,so we start over again ,not for me.

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 03 2011,19:24)
    as for the body there is plenty said about it ,so we start over again ,not for me.

I'm with you on this one, Pierre.

We've been down this road for 213 pages now. On a topic that should have lasted 2 pages. :)

Kar is quoting posts from JA as a favor to him. I have no problem with this, for she apparently edits out the hateful parts. So these last two quotes are from him, not her.

But I've grown tired of discussing this topic also.

peace and love to all,
    mike

karmarie
    Participant

Oh my gosh!

You do both know that you would be considered heretic in christianity and that most of christianity would agree with us right?

I have already quoted past writings from the earliest church agreeing!

I will find it. Somewhere back a few hundred pages.

Mike I quote Jay on these things lately because I agree with him.

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 04 2011,16:06)

OK. So lets just drop it then.

After I have found those early writings, that is.

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 04 2011,16:06)
     On a topic that should have lasted 2 pages.  :)

yeah.

And who kept it going?

Never mind.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Mar. 04 2011,20:38)
    Oh my gosh!

You do both know that you would be considered heretic in christianity and that most of christianity would agree with us right?

I have already quoted past writings from the earliest church agreeing!

I will find it. Somewhere back a few hundred pages.

Mike I quote Jay on these things lately because I agree with him.

Kar

Ro 3:4 Not at all! Let God be true, and every man a liar. As it is written:
    “So that you may be proved right when you speak
    and prevail when you judge.”

I do not care for Christianity they have no clue were they going anyway,

and many are leaving why is that ? they can see there double minded,

you cannot serve God and this world it is either not both.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 04 2011,20:06)

We've been down this road for 213 pages now.  On a topic that should have lasted 2 pages.  :)

Kar is quoting posts from JA as a favor to him.  I have no problem with this, for she apparently edits out the hateful parts.  So these last two quotes are from him, not her.

peace and love to all,
    mike

Mike

yeah in some of those topics we going back and forth ,

Pierre :)

karmarie
    Participant

Quote…”Mike, was not Trinity dead and buried – and YOU raised it back up.

So how do you say you are tired of debating Spirits with bodies when Scriptures in no way says that Spirits have bodies… Indeed, the very word 'Spirit' means 'Immaterial'.

It is you and Terraricca who are misrepresenting God's word and misinterpreting Paul in claiming that he mentions anything to do with Spirit in 1Corinthians 15.

The question that was asked… You keep forgetting!!! In what Body will we be resurrected!

Paul did not reply 'not body but Spirit' he said they will be raised in Spiritual Bodies… Not Spirit Bodies.

Mike, Jesus was raised in a Spiritual Body that he proved to the Doubting Thomas who then believed. But you, even with the benefit of hindsight scriptures, cannot believe.”

karmarie
    Participant

Mike, you said

JA…I personally think this thread would have only lasted two pages if not for him.

We've been down this road for 213 pages now.  On a topic that should have lasted 2 pages.

Top of  page 62..

shimmer @ 13:45
    Well it's ok Jay just believe whatever we believe and leave them to it.

JustAskin @ 14:12
    Mike, can you ask heaven to lock this as it's over, please…

Mike @ 14:26
    JA…Do you think this thread is JUST about you?
    You do have a bad attitude.  
    JA, what do you make of Paul saying TWICE that he learned the good news from Jesus……….NOT FROM ANY MAN?

Terrarica @ 14:45
    this as reach is finals… we should close this topic

Mike @ 14:45
    JA….Read back a couple of pages. Look for posts from me to you that has today's date on it.
    You're saying Jesus is some kind of “Spirit/Man”.
    This is all explained in my 3rd or 4th post to you today. Don't you read my posts to you?

So, who started this thread?
    And who kept it going ?

And is it finished?

karmarie
    Participant

And I think we should let Jay have the final word.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Mar. 05 2011,10:29)

So how do you say you are tired of debating Spirits with bodies when Scriptures in no way says that Spirits have bodies… Indeed, the very word 'Spirit' means 'Immaterial'.

It is you and Terraricca who are misrepresenting God's word and misinterpreting Paul in claiming that he mentions anything to do with Spirit in 1Corinthians 15.

The question that was asked… You keep forgetting!!! In what Body will we be resurrected!

Paul did not reply 'not body but Spirit' he said they will be raised in Spiritual Bodies… Not Spirit Bodies.

Mike, Jesus was raised in a Spiritual Body that he proved to the Doubting Thomas who then believed. But you, even with the benefit of hindsight scriptures, cannot believe.”

Karmarie……………….Well Said sis. You have it right > Spirit is Not a Body it is what is (IN) Bodies.

peace and love to you and yours…………………..gene

karmarie
    Participant

Hi Gene. That was Ja I quoted. Hope you and yours are well, I havent spoken to you in a while!

God bless Gene.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (karmarie @ Mar. 05 2011,04:23)
    And I think we should let Jay have the final word.

Fine by me. Later! :)

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

In fact, let's let JA's answer to this question, that you and he have both avoided like it was the plague many times, be his “final answer”, okay?

What is it that separates one angel from another angel?

In other words, when an angel is said to be “in the presence of God”, where does the angel end and God begin?  What is it that keeps them both from just blending together into one?

The point of “separation” is only ONE point that JA purposely ignored in favor of pushing his own imagination.  Answer this ONE point for me, O wise one.  WHAT SEPARATES THE ANGELS FROM EACH OTHER?

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 05 2011,05:26)
    Karmarie……………….Well Said sis. You have it right > Spirit is Not a Body it is what is (IN) Bodies.

Gene,

Do angles have bodies? YES or NO?

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Mar. 05 2011,17:29)

KAR

you only understand what you want to understand ,scriptures all of them show that spirit beings have a form that limits there being and that is the only conclusion in truth that can be taken,

neither mike or I never say that spirit have flesh body like humans ,only humans have those body ,and angel that comes down to earth take a flesh body so they could be seen by us,

you do not want to believe that ,fine thats your total right,
    we all have to take choices.

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 04 2011,05:37)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 04 2011,20:06)

We've been down this road for 213 pages now.  On a topic that should have lasted 2 pages.  :)

Kar is quoting posts from JA as a favor to him.  I have no problem with this, for she apparently edits out the hateful parts.  So these last two quotes are from him, not her.

peace and love to all,
    mike

Mike

yeah in some of those topics we going back and forth ,

Pierre   :)

Yeah Pierre,

The “poll” is closed on this one. Everybody on HN who contributed to this thread has agreed that angels have bodies……….except for Kar and JA.

But even Kar says they have a “form”, whatever that means.

So JA stands alone on this one. I guess sometimes it IS lonely at the top.

mike

Viewing 20 posts - 2,121 through 2,140 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account