Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,981 through 2,000 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All……….Here is some food for thought. Jesus said you must be born of SPIRIT (AND) WATER, right?, Well one thing about water is that it is a Body and can exist as a (invisible gas) a visible liquid or a Hard solid Ice. And as i recall learning many years ago that all Life forms have water in them. Also we are told that an unclean spirit  when leaving a body goes about in ARID (dry)places looking for rest. It could be that a spirit must exist (IN) something that has water in it in order to function. So perhaps Jesus was telling Us that Water (AND) Spirit must be present for us to live again as a living Soul. I am not teaching this as any dogmas but just throwing it out for consideration. Also the strongest molecules know to man is Water , it is one part Hydrogen and two Parts Oxygen  Its combination creates the biggest release of Power there is as i recall .  If fact the biggest part of our make now is water,   This is just speculation on my part ONLY. But i believe that as Jesus said every hair on our heads are truly numbered and keep for future reconstruction, at the resurrection of the dead. IMO

peace and love………………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Gene,

Good food for thought. I wonder if God numbered my hairs before or after I lost half of them? :D

mike

kerwin
    Participant

Irene,

You wrote:

Flesh and blood is no supernatural, you made that up, and not to wise to do….

I can say the body is not immaterial, you made that up, and that is not wise to do since that is what I believe and yet if I did it does not explain why I interpret scripture as I do. That is why I choose a different path.

Well Scripture states Eden which has both animals and plants in it is in heaven. Since both animals and plants have flesh and blood it follows that some flesh and blood does exist in heaven. We also know this creation is subject to corruption and that Eden and the creatures therein are not. The new Earth will not be subject to corruption either. The reason it is not is both Eden and the new Earth come from heaven and therefore are supernatural, otherwise known as spiritual. That is why Paul contrasts natural to spiritual in 1 Corinthians 15:42-44.

You are correct that I mislabeled the passage I was speaking of. You are correct that I did mean 1 Corinth. 15:40. Sorry if it caused any confusion.

Reference:

1 Corinthians 15:42-44(NIV)

42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin………..What they don't understand,  the (IT) is still a BODY, not some unseen immaterial substance of any kind the (IT) is not Spirit but has Spirit (IN) IT.  Spirit(UAL) does NOT means SPIRIT, but spirit driven. They just can't understand it Kerwin. IMO

peace and love…………………………………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All………..Again Spirits do NOT have Bodies they are what is (IN) Bodies, Spirit in its simplest terms is best understood as (INTELLECTS) that exist (IN) Bodies. So indeed we should try the Spirits to see if they are from GOD, when Jesus said the words he spoke were spirit and life indeed they were and remember a Word is (intelligent utterance) IMO

peace and love to you all……………………………………gene

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 24 2011,18:07)
    Irene,

You wrote:

I can say the body is not immaterial, you made that up, and that is not wise to do since that is what I believe and yet if I did it does not explain why I interpret scripture as I do.  That is why I choose a different path.

Well Scripture states Eden which has both animals and plants in it is in heaven.  Since both animals and plants have flesh and blood it follows that some flesh and blood does exist in heaven.  We also know this creation is subject to corruption and that Eden and the creatures therein are not.   The new Earth will not be subject to corruption either.  The reason it is not is both Eden and the new Earth come from heaven and therefore are supernatural, otherwise known as spiritual.   That is why Paul contrasts natural to spiritual in 1 Corinthians 15:42-44.

You are correct that I mislabeled the passage I was speaking of.  You are correct that I did mean 1 Corinth. 15:40. Sorry if it caused any confusion.

Reference:

42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.-

Kerwin!   You quote 1 Corinth. 15:44-46 but don't believe what it says!!~!!!~!
    1Cr 15:44   It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.  

1Cr 15:45   And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.  

1Cr 15:46   Howbeit that [was] not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.  

1Cr 15:47   The first man [is] of the earth, earthy: the second man [is] the Lord from heaven.  

And the one Scripture that you want to do away with, shows us that

1Cr 15:50 ¶ Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.  

Also there is no clear Scripture that says Paradise IN EDEN is in Heaven…..Since flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, it has to be somewhere else…. Now I don't know this for certain.  Since Animals die, would they even be there????? I don't think so….Also I did not say that the New Earth and New Heaven is earthly.  Since God Himself is present there, it is Spiritual…. Georg believes that the Saints which are Spirits will be in the New Jerusalem, along with Jesus….The meek however are flesh and blood, and will inherit the renewed Earth…..and you are right that it will not see corruption any longer…..eye hath not seen, ear hath not heard the things prepared for them that loved Him……

Peace Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Baker @ Jan. 28 2011,11:50)
    eye hath not seen, ear hath not heard the things prepared for them that loved Him……

Hi Irene,

It almost makes your mouth water just thinking about it, huh? :) Whatever God has in mind for His faithful servants, we can be sure that words won't even be able to describe the wonders.

peace and love,
    mike

Baker
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 28 2011,13:02)

Quote (Baker @ Jan. 28 2011,11:50)
    eye hath not seen, ear hath not heard the things prepared for them that loved Him……

Hi Irene,

It almost makes your mouth water just thinking about it, huh?  :)  Whatever God has in mind for His faithful servants, we can be sure that words won't even be able to describe the wonders.

peace and love,
    mike

You are so right…..Since I am over 70 years young, it becomes even a greater wonder to me…..When I was old, I never thought about dying and the next life…..No more pain and no more sorrow…
    Peace and Love to you and yours Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All……….Back to the subject at hand, This whole concept of Spirit Bodies is the cause of so much confusion in religion it is amazing. Again i repeat A Spirit is what is (IN) Bodies it self is not a BODY of any kind. IMO

peace and love…………………………………….gene

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 24 2011,18:07)
    Irene,

You wrote:

I can say the body is not immaterial, you made that up, and that is not wise to do since that is what I believe and yet if I did it does not explain why I interpret scripture as I do.  That is why I choose a different path.

Well Scripture states Eden which has both animals and plants in it is in heaven.  Since both animals and plants have flesh and blood it follows that some flesh and blood does exist in heaven.  We also know this creation is subject to corruption and that Eden and the creatures therein are not.   The new Earth will not be subject to corruption either.  The reason it is not is both Eden and the new Earth come from heaven and therefore are supernatural, otherwise known as spiritual.   That is why Paul contrasts natural to spiritual in 1 Corinthians 15:42-44.

You are correct that I mislabeled the passage I was speaking of.  You are correct that I did mean 1 Corinth. 15:40. Sorry if it caused any confusion.

Reference:

42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

What Bible do you read from that says, Eden is, or was in heaven?

And,    where in the Bible do you read that “”some”” flesh and blood is in heaven?

“”both Eden and the new Earth come from heaven””, this is another “””scripture””” I missed in my Bible.
    How can some one be SO confused?

Georg

thankful
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 15 2010,08:19)
    JA – from the “Was Jesus Always Superior” thread:

Bodies…Spirits do not have bodies…what's with you?

1 Corinthians 15 NIV
    35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?”

38 But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body. 39 Not all flesh is the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. 40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another.

42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.  If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

What can we learn from this passage JA?

1.  Those who are resurrected WILL HAVE BODIES.
    2.  There are earthly BODIES and there are heavenly BODIES.
    3.  Our earthly BODIES are perishable, but not the SPRITUAL BODIES some of us will be given.
    4.  The body that is sown is a natural BODY, but it will be raised a spiritual BODY.
    5.  And finally, IF THERE IS A NATURAL BODY, THERE IS ALSO A SPIRITUAL BODY.

Please continue your thought in light of this scripture JA.  Tell us all how “spirits” don't have “bodies” again.

mike

hello, sorry to interrupt.

have you reached a conclusion yet?

do spirits have bodies?

Baker
    Participant

Quote (thankful @ Feb. 01 2011,07:46)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 15 2010,08:19)
    JA – from the “Was Jesus Always Superior” thread:

Bodies…Spirits do not have bodies…what's with you?

1 Corinthians 15 NIV
    35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?”

38 But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body. 39 Not all flesh is the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. 40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another.

42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.  If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

What can we learn from this passage JA?

1.  Those who are resurrected WILL HAVE BODIES.
    2.  There are earthly BODIES and there are heavenly BODIES.
    3.  Our earthly BODIES are perishable, but not the SPRITUAL BODIES some of us will be given.
    4.  The body that is sown is a natural BODY, but it will be raised a spiritual BODY.
    5.  And finally, IF THERE IS A NATURAL BODY, THERE IS ALSO A SPIRITUAL BODY.

Please continue your thought in light of this scripture JA.  Tell us all how “spirits” don't have “bodies” again.

mike

hello, sorry to interrupt.

have you reached a conclusion yet?

do spirits have bodies?

Do you see how long this thread is?
    A conclusion is not desired.

Georg

kerwin
    Participant

Thankful,

I have reached a conclusion that is true to the the definition of resurection and therefore to God. That is enough for me at this time so I have gone on to other topics. Perhaps, I will be drawn back at a later date. God knows but I do not.

Baker
    Participant

Hi! Mike gave us good Scriptures, however some don't know how to take them….and that is why it goes on and on and on…..

1Cr 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

A Spirit needs a body to exist, but a Spirit does not have a body….you figure that one out….

Peace Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene……………….Simple, a Spirit is what is (IN) a Body. Spirit is simply our (INTELLECTS) If you have the mind (intellect) of the Christos (anointing Spirit) You have the mind of GOD (IN) YOU just as Jesus our brother had (IN) HIM. What is so difficult about that?. I is only difficult if you don't understand it. IMO

peace and Love…………………………………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

thankfull…………> Spirits do not have Bodies, Spirits are what is (IN) bodies. GOD who is Spirit was and is (IN) Jesus and can be in you Just the same way as he was in Jesus.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………………….gene

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 02 2011,00:59)
    thankfull…………> Spirits do not have Bodies,  Spirits are what is (IN) bodies. GOD who is Spirit was and is (IN) Jesus and can be in you Just the same way as he was in Jesus.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………………….gene

First Jesus was in God, now God is in Jesus, you're making me dizzy.

Georg

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene……..Its not me making you dizzy , it you lack of understand scriptures that is. Jesus plainly said he was in the Father and the Father was (IN) him, and even More He said he was (IN) his disciples and His disciples were in Him . How do you think they are all ONE. You simply do not understand what Spirit is and How it works, But just so you can't say we are making up things. I will quote Jesus for you and maybe you might start to believe it. You dizziness may be in not knowing the scriptures and what Spirit really IS.

John 14:20……> In that day you shall know I am (IN) my Father and You (IN) me and I (IN) YOU.

peace and love…………………………………..gene

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 02 2011,14:55)
    Irene……..Its not me making you dizzy , it you lack of understand scriptures that is. Jesus plainly said he was in the Father and the Father was (IN) him, and even More He said he was (IN) his disciples and His disciples were in Him . How do you think they are all ONE.  You simply do not understand what Spirit is and How it works, But just so you can't say we are making up things. I will quote Jesus for you and maybe you might start to believe it. You dizziness may be in not knowing the scriptures and what Spirit really IS.

John 14:20……> In that day you shall know I am (IN) my Father and You (IN) me and I (IN) YOU.

Gene! Pay attention who wrote the last post it was Georg….you made Him dizzy….. :D :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 02 2011,21:55)
    Irene……..Its not me making you dizzy , it you lack of understand scriptures that is. Jesus plainly said he was in the Father and the Father was (IN) him, and even More He said he was (IN) his disciples and His disciples were in Him . How do you think they are all ONE.  You simply do not understand what Spirit is and How it works, But just so you can't say we are making up things. I will quote Jesus for you and maybe you might start to believe it. You dizziness may be in not knowing the scriptures and what Spirit really IS.

gene

so how you explain that ?? ones Jesus is in the jellyfish then Jesus is the jellyfish ??

words do not mean anything unless you understand what it means,right??

and then also his disciples are also jellyfish ?and are in the jellyfish (God) or (Jesus)now ,??

can you make sense in your understanding??

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 1,981 through 2,000 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account