Do spirits have bodies?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 05 2012,04:15)
    bod

The jinn are mentioned frequently in the Qur'an, and there is a surah entitled Sūrat al-Jinn in the Qur'an. It is in the 29th chapter of the quran. In many modern cultures, a Genie is portrayed as a magical being that grants wishes. The earliest of such Jinn stories in folklore originate in the book of the One Thousand and One Nights.[3]

AND THE REASON WHY THE BOOK OF THOSE STORY;S WERE COMPILED WAS BECAUSE THE MASTER WAS KILLING HIS WIVES,

Jinn in the Bible
    In Judeo-Christian tradition, the word or concept of jinn as such does not occur in the original Hebrew text of the Bible, but the Arabic word ǧinn is often used in several old Arabic translations.
    In several verses in those Arabic translations, the words: Jinn (جن) Jann (الجان al-Ǧān) Majnoon (مجنون Maǧnūn) and ʾIblīs (إبلیس) are mentioned as translations of familiar spirit or אוב (ob) for Jann and the devil or δαιμόνιον (daimónion) for ʾIblīs.
    In Van Dyck's Arabic translation of the Bible, these words are mentioned in Leviticus 19:31, Lev 20:6, 1 Samuel 28:3, 1 Sa 28:9, 1 Sa 28:7, 1 Chronicles 10:13, Gospel of Matthew 4:1, Mat 12:22, Gospel of Luke 4:5, Luk 8:12, Gospel of John 8:44 and other verses[citation needed] as well. Also, in the apocryphal book Testament of Solomon, Solomon describes particular demons whom he enslaved to help build the temple, the questions he put to them about their deeds and how they could be thwarted, and their answers, which provide a kind of self-help manual against demonic activity.

SO YOUR CORRUPT KORAN IS JUST A BOOK OF FABLES

:p

Then what is a “familiar spirit”?

Do you also believe that wizards, witches and sorcery are fables?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 05 2012,12:26)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 05 2012,03:58)
    and so you are preaching for your false doctrine compiled in the Koran,

how can a child of the Koran stand in the face of a man of the true God of the Hebrews ????

HE CAN NOT STAND.

The doctrine is sound and here I stand honest before GOD, the God of the spirits of all flesh not just the Hebrews or didn't you know that?

bod

you are suffering of the Peter pan syndrome,

grow up ,

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 05 2012,12:42)

bod

The jinn are mentioned frequently in the Qur'an, and there is a surah entitled Sūrat al-Jinn in the Qur'an. It is in the 29th chapter of the quran. In many modern cultures, a Genie is portrayed as a magical being that grants wishes. The earliest of such Jinn stories in folklore originate in the book of the One Thousand and One Nights.[3]

AND THE REASON WHY THE BOOK OF THOSE STORY;S WERE COMPILED WAS BECAUSE THE MASTER WAS KILLING HIS WIVES,

Jinn in the Bible
    In Judeo-Christian tradition, the word or concept of jinn as such does not occur in the original Hebrew text of the Bible, but the Arabic word ǧinn is often used in several old Arabic translations.
    In several verses in those Arabic translations, the words: Jinn (جن) Jann (الجان al-Ǧān) Majnoon (مجنون Maǧnūn) and ʾIblīs (إبلیس) are mentioned as translations of familiar spirit or אוב (ob) for Jann and the devil or δαιμόνιον (daimónion) for ʾIblīs.
    In Van Dyck's Arabic translation of the Bible, these words are mentioned in Leviticus 19:31, Lev 20:6, 1 Samuel 28:3, 1 Sa 28:9, 1 Sa 28:7, 1 Chronicles 10:13, Gospel of Matthew 4:1, Mat 12:22, Gospel of Luke 4:5, Luk 8:12, Gospel of John 8:44 and other verses[citation needed] as well. Also, in the apocryphal book Testament of Solomon, Solomon describes particular demons whom he enslaved to help build the temple, the questions he put to them about their deeds and how they could be thwarted, and their answers, which provide a kind of self-help manual against demonic activity.

bod

yes they are fables to make people scare,with their own ignorance ,the man that knows his God and creator is not influenced by those fables who are grown in ignorance ,I do believe that demons and Satan is and are wicked spirits but only are at worked in ignorance of the truth of God our creator,

you are one of Satan victims but it looks that you are a willing victim so to speak.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 05 2012,05:48)

bod

Jinn in the Bible

bod

yes they are fables to make people scare,with their own ignorance ,the man that knows his God and creator is not influenced by those fables who are grown in ignorance ,I do believe that demons and Satan is and are wicked spirits but only are at worked in ignorance of the truth of God our creator,

you are one of Satan victims but it looks that you are a willing victim so to speak.

Then you don't believe the Bible

2 Kings 21:6
    And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Deuteronomy 18:10
    There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.

Acts 8:9
    But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

You really should believe the Bible Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 05 2012,13:01)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 05 2012,05:48)

bod

Jinn in the Bible

bod

Then you don't believe the Bible

2 Kings 21:6
    And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Deuteronomy 18:10
    There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.

Acts 8:9
    But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

You really should believe the Bible Pierre

bod

you really can not read what I say;

and did not Paul prove my point ?? yes he did so

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 04 2012,12:38)
    So no Gabriel is not a person nor is God by definition and this is why the trinity theory gets so convoluted

Not even according to your fourth definition, huh? ???

Well, I am boggled beyond belief. I can not believe there is more then one person here that doesn't believe God is a person.

Asana, let me make it simple:

If God has His own personality, then He is a person. If He does not, then He is a robot or a Vulcan. :)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 05 2012,10:33)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 04 2012,12:38)
    So no Gabriel is not a person nor is God by definition and this is why the trinity theory gets so convoluted

Not even according to your fourth definition, huh?  ???

Well, I am boggled beyond belief.  I can not believe there is more then one person here that doesn't believe God is a person.

Asana, let me make it simple:

If God has His own personality, then He is a person.  If He does not, then He is a robot or a Vulcan.  :)

Sorry mike, it's just not so.

God is not a Human being, HE is GOD

You are a person God is GOD “THE UNIQUE”

You do agree that God is not a Human being, right?

So would it sound better for you if I said God is not a Human Person?

God is a being and you are a being but you are a Human being that we call a person, God is a being that we call GOD

God is also not a Male although for the sake of simplicity we give God a gender but I am sure you would agree that God does not have a gender or the physical attributes required to have a gender such as reproductive organs, do you agree.

God is not Him or Her God is HU in the greater sense

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hu, Huwa
    . The personal pronoun of the third person, singular, masculine, HE, i.e. God, or He is. It occurs in the Qur’an in this sense, e.g. Surah iii, 1 Allahu la ilaha illa Huwa, “God there is no god but HE,” which sentence is called the nafy wa isbat (or that which is rejected), “there is no god,” and that which is affirmed, “but He.” The word is often used by Sufi mystics in this form: ya hu, ya hu, ya man la ya ‘lamu ma hu illa hu, “O He (who is), O He (who is), O He whom no one knows what He Himself is but Himself.” Some commentators have supposed the word Hu to stand for the exalted name of God, the Ismu ‘l-a ‘zam, which Muslim doctors say is only known to God. [JEHOVAH, ISMU ‘L-A ‘ZAM.]

terraricca
    Participant

bod
    does not God dwells in heaven and so is a heavenly person ??yes

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 04 2012,18:47)
    So would it sound better for you if I said God is not a Human Person?

It would sound better to everyone, because then it would be the truth.  Of course God is not a human.  But of course God is a person, for He has a personality.

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 04 2012,18:47)
    God is a being and you are a being but you are a Human being that we call a person, God is a being that we call GOD

BEING
    Definition: animate object

Synonyms:
    animal, beast, body, conscious thing, creature, entity , human, human being, individual, living thing, mortal, organism, person, personage, soul, thing

mikeboll64
    Blocked

This is an excerpt from a NETNote about John 1:1…………..

The construction in John 1:1c does not equate the Word with the person of God (this is ruled out by 1:1b, “the Word was with God”)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Yes theologians tie themselves in knots over the WORD

terraricca
    Participant

bod

the fact that you explain to a farmer that his chicken are in reality birds,and that the eggs are on the out side solid calcareous ,and on the inside the yoke is composted of ,,,,,,,,,,,and the white composition is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and at the end of the day he still will break his eggs in two to make his bacon and eggs ,

so the Koran what you try to sell is false and at the end of the day, only ignorant people in Gods true scriptures way will come to that book,and believe in the lie.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2012,19:02)
    Hi MB,

N

this means you got it right ????

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 05 2012,12:01)

The construction in John 1:1c does not equate the Word with the person of God (this is ruled out by 1:1b, “the Word was with God”)

I already explained to you that the origin of the word was meant to describe a human being.

Person: early 13c., from O.Fr. persone “human being” (12c., Fr. personne), from L. persona “human being,”

You already agree that God is not a Human being and that is the only thing I am saying.

In Philosophy they went further as to determine exactly what makes someone/something human it was never intended to assign the word to Non-Humans.

I am not opposed to you calling God a person if it helps you visualize or get a better concept but the fact is God is not a Human i.e. person nor a respector of persons of course if God was a person he would be a respector of at least his own person but the scripture is clear that God is not a respector of PERSONS therefore He cannot be a person

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 05 2012,19:58)

I already explained to you that the origin of the word was meant to describe a human being.

Person: early 13c., from O.Fr. persone “human being” (12c., Fr. personne), from L. persona “human being,”

You already agree that God is not a Human being and that is the only thing I am saying.

In Philosophy they went further as to determine exactly what makes someone/something human it was never intended to assign the word to Non-Humans.

I am not opposed to you calling God a person if it helps you visualize or get a better concept but the fact is God is not a Human i.e. person nor a respector of persons of course if God was a person he would be a respector of at least his own person but the scripture is clear that God is not a respector of PERSONS therefore He cannot be a person

bod

World English Dictionary
    person (ˈpɜːs ə n)

— n , pl persons
    1.an individual human being
    2.the body of a human being, sometimes including his or her clothing: guns hidden on his person
    3.a grammatical category into which pronouns and forms of verbs are subdivided depending on whether they refer to the speaker, the person addressed, or some other individual, thing, etc
    4.a human being or a corporation recognized in law as having certain rights and obligations
    5.philosophy a being characterized by consciousness, rationality, and a moral sense, and traditionally thought of as consisting of both a body and a mind or soul
    6.archaic a character or role; guise

Person (ˈpɜːs ə n)

— n
    Christianity any of the three hypostases existing as distinct in the one God and constituting the Trinity. They are the First Person, the Father, the Second Person, the Son, and the Third Person, the Holy Ghost

is this enough ?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 05 2012,13:05)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 05 2012,19:58)

bod

World English Dictionary
    person  (ˈpɜːs ə n)

— n  , pl persons
    1.an individual human being
    2.the body of a human being, sometimes including his or her clothing: guns hidden on his person
    3.a grammatical category into which pronouns and forms of verbs are subdivided depending on whether they refer to the speaker, the person addressed, or some other individual, thing, etc
    4.a human being or a corporation recognized in law as having certain rights and obligations
    5.philosophy  a being characterized by consciousness, rationality, and a moral sense, and traditionally thought of as consisting of both a body and a mind or soul
    6.archaic  a character or role; guise

Person  (ˈpɜːs ə n)

— n
    Christianity  any of the three hypostases existing as distinct in the one God and constituting the Trinity. They are the First Person,  the Father, the Second Person,  the Son, and the Third Person,  the Holy Ghost

is this enough ?

It's enough to show that I was correct that a person is generally regarded as a Human Being.

Notice you have to be talking philosophically to arrive at any other conclusion

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Definition #5 fits nicely, Asana.  Have you seriously never heard someone talk about the funny PERSONality their pet has?  ???

We run into the same thing with common dictionaries and “spiritual bodies”.  A dictionary wants to list a body as something consisting of flesh, yet you and I know there are bodies in heaven that don't consist of flesh, don't we?

Also, if we were to use only the Olde English definitions for the words we use today, no one would have any idea what we were saying.  Meanings change over the years.

For example, if you have kids, you are familiar with the Smurfs.  These animated gnomes (or whatever they are) are little blue PEOPLE – even though they are not human.

Asana, anyone or anything that has a PERSONality is a person.  And yes, I realize that many people consider the word to only apply to human beings, but that is not the case.  The angels have personalities, therefore they are persons.  God has a personality, therefore He is a person.  

When we speak of scriptural matters, sometimes “generally regarded” won't cut it.  Because often times, dictionaries aren't geared toward spiritual or scriptural understandings.

Anyway, this is all off topic.  I believe a person is anyone or anything with an individual personality.  Your belief may vary.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 05 2012,03:03)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 05 2012,01:13)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 03 2012,19:21)
    Notice it says :Job 1:6

One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them

It doesn't say the angel satan came with them it makes a clear distinction

So if it said, “All the kings came before God, and David came among them”, you would assume that David was not a king?

Why would a “jinn” (whatever that is) be invited to a gathering of angels?

Asana, I don't accept the Quran as scripture.  Show me from the Bible, or don't show me at all.

By showing you the Quran I was simply offering you another perspective you really don't expect me to believe you get every perspective completely from the bible do you? If so then talking about spirits having bodies or not has no point because the bible doesn't really have a perspective on it.

However, your sentence example is inadequate

so if it said “All the people came before God and Gabriel also came among them” would you assume Gabriel is a person?

Your belief is that there are People and angels the problem with that limited view is you have no explanation of mischievous spirits angels are not like that

My belief or taught in the Quran is that there are People, Jinns and Angels.

anyway:

Here is proof of Jinns in the Bible:

Leviticus 19:31
    Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

1 Chronicles 10:13
    So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it;

I am telling you Mike you are missing out on so much knowledge by ignoring the Quran.

HA HA ha ha ha!!

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 05 2012,12:02)
    Hi MB,

Hi Nick,

They stumble over many words. (see 2Peter 3:16)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account