Did scripture writers make errors?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Is 1:18
    Participant

What I'm saying is the reference in Jude could just as easily be a record of verbal account originating from the person of Enoch that has been passed down through the generations by verbal tradition. And that this verse in Jude has been quoted in the book of Enoch (not the other way around), which seems logical since Jude almost certainly predates the book of Enoch, which ever version you choose to run with.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ April 22 2009,08:44)
    What I'm saying is the reference in Jude could just as easily be a record of verbal account originating from the person of Enoch that has been passed down through the generations by verbal tradition. And that this verse in Jude has been quoted in the book of Enoch (not the other way around), which seems logical since Jude almost certainly predates the book of Enoch, which ever version you choose to run with.

According to the library of Congress that hypothosis is false since Jude was written after the 200-150 BC estimation of the date of the Quiram copy of the book of Enoch.

Here is my source.

Still you could be correct that Jude obtained his information from a verbal rather than written source.

my sister stopped in today and we open scriptures and read some kepha, yaaqob…..then she ask me about 1 samuel…..since the topic is about errors i have a question………

in 1 samuel 18.10 the esv reads a harmful spirit….the isr/kjv/nasb reads evil spirit but this spirit was sent by Yah…………is this a mistranslation?

we did not understand 'evil spirit' we understand that certain messengers have certain titles, in further reading it states that the spirit of yah had turned from him /12.

any insight?

thank you in advance on the matter

much love
    rene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WOB,
    Job 1-2 shows how God can allow evil to test men.
    Mt 6 shows we should ask for an easier way.

hey nick, we said that too, the evil had to ask first though and it was a test, the model prayer thank you, my memory serves me right i believe that the writers added to the end of his teachings……..kingdom and power glory, whatever it is.

shaul had yah turn away from him by an evil/harmful spirit…..

much love
    rene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WOB,
    I am sure Jesus lived and felt the truth of the Psalm he quoted on the cross.
    But the Spirit of God was yet with him.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 28 2009,02:35)
    Hi WOB,

The case in Samuel is more about punishing King Saul for his sins.  Still the punishment seems to have taken the shape of Saul's sin controlling him.  Scripture mentions much the same situation in Romans 1 where it state God handed people over to their sinful desires.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 28 2009,13:23)

Hi WOB,

The case in Samuel is more about punishing King Saul for his sins.  Still the punishment seems to have taken the shape of Saul's sin controlling him.  Scripture mentions much the same situation in Romans 1 where it state God handed people over to their sinful desires.

Hi KW,
    Strange.
    Scripture speaks of an evil spirit.

1Sam18
    9And Saul eyed David from that day and forward.

10And it came to pass on the morrow, that the evil spirit from God came upon Saul, and he prophesied in the midst of the house: and David played with his hand, as at other times: and there was a javelin in Saul's hand.

11And Saul cast the javelin; for he said, I will smite David even to the wall with it. And David avoided out of his presence twice.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WOB………Job was not tested , He was corrected by GOD. But not tested, Jod need to have happen to him what GOD, did to save him from a future problem of (SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS).  It was all orchestrated and carried out byt GOD HIMSELF, read the conclusionof the book of JOB, where it shows this.  God created all intellects or thoughts Which are Spirits, both good and evil.

Isa 45:7…> I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and (Create Evil): I the LORD do all these.

The knowledge we recieve from experiencing Good and Evil, Gives us Wisdom, GOD uses these to teach us right and wrong, true life can not exist without this understanding. The knowledge of good and evil will always exist,  Adam and Eves fall was no accident. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Are thought spirits too in your faith?

Wow.
    Do you make it all up?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……Thoughts are all the true life that is in you and they are spirit, “So a man (THINKS) so he is” I (THINK) therefore i am or Exist, “when a man dies his (THOUGHTS) parish” from that body. Notice it says (HIS) thoughts, why, because He is no longer a living SOUL (individual person) and the SPIRIT goes BACK to HIM who GAVE it, that was the life of the man and when combined with a flesh body made him a living SOUL.  But when He dies it Life Spirit goes back to him who gave it in the first place. And it stay there until GOD puts it in another body. A Spirit needs a body of some kind  in order to be individualized as a separate person or Soul. IMO

Jesus Said the (WORDS) I am speaking to you (ARE) SPIRIT and (ARE) Life, Nick why don't you believe that brother?.

peace and love to you brother………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    What a merry trail of your thoughts you would have us all follow.
    But we are already following one who is greater.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NICK……..Prove it , don't trash talk it , Why can't you show different then. O I forgot, thats your usual MO if you can't prove it different you trash mouth the person. Show one thing i quoted and explained wrong. What i have said does not go against Jesus' words. If So prove it instead of all your stupid bad mouthing. Which shows the kind of Spirit in you. IMO

peace and love…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    We cannot prove or disprove what is not written.
    Your thoughts are just your own vivid imagination at work.
    Why you offer them to us as a better option than scripture is a mystery

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NICK….OK AGAIN, HERE IS SCRIPTURE FOR YOU BROTHER.,

Joh 6:63 …> It is the Spirit that quickeneth: the flesh profites nothing: the (WORDS) that I speak unto you, THEY (ARE) spirit, and THEY ARE life.

Nick , lets go slow with that OK, what are SPIRIT and LIFE?, is it not THE WORDS He SPOKE ? GODS WORDS, NOW that we know that, lets see what a word (IS) is it not a Thought that has been ottered or expressed so we can hear it. now ask yourself where does these thoughts come from, is it not you intellect or mind. Remember “Let this (MIND) be in you that was in Christ Jesus OUR lord”. So then these (WORDS) can also be in US and (THEY ARE SPIRIT AND LIFE. reread and think about this and maybe the light will come on brother. What part of this is my (VIVID) imagination?.

Peace and love…………………………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 28 2009,09:11)

Quote (kerwin @ April 28 2009,13:23)

Hi WOB,

Hi KW,
    Strange.
    Scripture speaks of an evil spirit.

1Sam18
    9And Saul eyed David from that day and forward.

10And it came to pass on the morrow, that the evil spirit from God came upon Saul, and he prophesied in the midst of the house: and David played with his hand, as at other times: and there was a javelin in Saul's hand.

11And Saul cast the javelin; for he said, I will smite David even to the wall with it. And David avoided out of his presence twice.

You do realize that demons tempt us to do evil just like their master the Devil tempted Jesus.   So it can be said when we give into temptation then we allow a demon in and if we chose to do that God may choose to hand us over to that demon's control.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    We know of your doctrines.
    But what is written?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick …..MY doctrines, then you should disprove what i wrote instead of mouthing off about my “vivid imagination” or “MY Doctrines” just because you are to ignorant to understand What is really said, you shouldn't label what i have said or me. Just post your proof that will suffice us all. Your slanders are just a cover up for you ignorance, IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Your bible is not yet written so can we expected to know your ideas?
    Just let scripture speak.
    It is sacred.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………Then answer the posted scriptures , instead of mocking and bad mouthing me, you think you can do that brother? give it a try for a change.

peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account