Did Jesus go to hell after he died

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Wakeup
    Participant

BABYLON THE GREAT,SO SIMPLE AND YET SO MISUNDERSTOOD BY SO MANY.

1. THERE ARE TWO SPIRITUAL CITIES ONLY.
    A).ONE IS THE SPIRITUAL CITY OF GOD;AND THE OTHER ONE
    (B).IS THE SPIRITUAL CITY OF SATAN(BABYLON THE GREAT).
    THIS INCLUDES RELIGIONS; POLITICS; THE TRADE SYSTEM AND COMMERCE.
    (THIS SPIRITUAL AND SECULAR WORLD).

THE SPIRITUAL CITY OF GOD IS CALLED THE DAUGHTER OF ZION(HOLY JERUSALEM)(THE BRIDE OF CHRIST).
    ALL THE GOD FEARING DWELLETH IN THIS CITY OF GOD SPIRITUALLY.
    THEY ARE NOT OF BABYLON IN SPIRIT.BUT WALKED IN CHRIST’S SPIRIT.
    THEY DONT HUNGER FOR THE MATERIAL,BUT JUST FOR GOD.FOOD THAT DOES NOT PERISH.

BABYLON THE GREAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE POPULAR CITY OF THE WORLD,BECAUSE SHE HAS ALL THE DELICACIES AND PLEASURES.BUT IN HER ALSO ALSO ARE ALL THE WARS, AND WHERE THE DOG EAT DOG TAKES PLACE.PEOPLE WORSHIP HER DELICACIES
    AND HATES GOD’S LAWS. HER SYSTEM HAS TO DO WITH MATERIAL WORSHIP,AND FALSE GODS.PEOLE LOVE TO ENJOY LIFE NOW(TODAY),BECAUSE GOD; TO SOME DOES NOT EXIST.THERE ARE ALSO MANY ATHEISTS.

THE TEN KINGS PLAN IS TO CHANGE THIS SYSTEM OF THINGS,AND REPLACE IT WITH A NEW SYSTEM,FOR THEIR BENEFIT. FOR THEY WANT TOTAL POWER.
    THIS IS GOD’S PLAN.
    COME OUT OF HER (BABYLON) MY PEOPLE SO YOU WONT RECEIVE HER PLAGUES, WHICH WILL COME TO *ALL THE WORLD*.

IF ONE CHOOSES THE MARK OF BABYLON;HE WILL RECEIVE HER PLAGUES WICH WILL COME IN ONE DAY.
    IF ONE CHOOSES ZION;HE WILL BE IN THE CITY OF GOD;WHICH IS HOLY JERUSALEM;AND SHALL RULE AS KINGS AND PRIESTS WITH CHRIST.
    (PEOPLE HAVE ALWAYS LOVED THINGS AND PLEASURES SINCE DAY ONE).
    (AND HAVE HATED GOD’S LAWS,SINCE DAY ONE).

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Ezekiel 13:1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Ezekiel 13:2 Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say thou unto them that prophesy out of their own hearts, Hear ye the word of the LORD;

Ezekiel 13:3 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing!

Ezekiel 13:4 O Israel, thy prophets are like the foxes in the deserts.

Ezekiel 13:5 Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the LORD.

Ezekiel 13:6 They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying, The LORD saith: and the LORD hath not sent them: and they have made others to hope that they would confirm the word.

Ezekiel 13:7 Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, The LORD saith it; albeit I have not spoken?

Ezekiel 13:8 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have spoken vanity, and seen lies, therefore, behold, I am against you, saith the Lord GOD.

Ezekiel 13:9 And mine hand shall be upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine lies: they shall not be in the assembly of my people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the land of Israel; and ye shall know that I am the Lord GOD.

Ezekiel 13:10 Because, even because they have seduced my people, saying, Peace; and there was no peace; and one built up a wall, and, lo, others daubed it with untempered morter:

Ezekiel 13:11 Say unto them which daub it with untempered morter, that it shall fall: there shall be an overflowing shower; and ye, O great hailstones, shall fall; and a stormy wind shall rend it.

Ezekiel 13:12 Lo, when the wall is fallen, shall it not be said unto you, Where is the daubing wherewith ye have daubed it?

Ezekiel 13:13 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even rend it with a stormy wind in my fury; and there shall be an overflowing shower in mine anger, and great hailstones in my fury to consume it.

Ezekiel 13:14 So will I break down the wall that ye have daubed with untempered morter, and bring it down to the ground, so that the foundation thereof shall be discovered, and it shall fall, and ye shall be consumed in the midst thereof: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Ezekiel 13:15 Thus will I accomplish my wrath upon the wall, and upon them that have daubed it with untempered morter, and will say unto you, The wall is no more, neither they that daubed it;

Ezekiel 13:16 To wit, the prophets of Israel which prophesy concerning Jerusalem, and which see visions of peace for her, and there is no peace, saith the Lord GOD.

Ezekiel 13:17 Likewise, thou son of man, set thy face against the daughters of thy people, which prophesy out of their own heart; and prophesy thou against them,

Ezekiel 13:18 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe to the women that sew pillows to all armholes, and make kerchiefs upon the head of every stature to hunt souls! Will ye hunt the souls of my people, and will ye save the souls alive that come unto you?

Ezekiel 13:19 And will ye pollute me among my people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, by your lying to my people that hear your lies?

Ezekiel 13:20 Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.

Ezekiel 13:21 Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Ezekiel 13:22 Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:

Ezekiel 13:23 Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver my people out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

BASICALLY;THE PROPHETS ARE NOT CALLED BY GOD;THEY PROPHECY FALSELY.
    THEY MAKE THE SOULS FLY WITH SOOTHING WORDS;SUCH AS; YOU ARE ALL SAVED AND BORN AGAIN.NO EVIL CAN COME TO US.
    THEY HAVE BUILD THE WALL WITH UNTEMPERED MORTAR;IT SHALL FALL WHEN THE GREAT STORM COMES.GOD WILL SET THE PRISONNERS FREE FROM THEIR CAPTURE.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus was a man and went where all dead men go.
    The only difference is that Hades could not hold him and neither can it hold us. Like Peter we have the keys.

Proclaimer
    Participant

True.

terraricca
    Participant

WHY WOULD Jesus go to hell (hades) to preach to the dead their ?

many do not believe that their is anyone there anyway ,for many all soul dies ,so this view seem strange does it ,

and yet Jesus was in the hades only a few ours spread over 3 days ,and in human time ,

so i need more scriptures ,for the ones some have given here only says that God is every were and the promisse not to leave Jesus soul in dead ,

did i mis some thing?

Proclaimer
    Participant

@terraricca

Some people hold that he preached to those in Hades a message regarding victory over death. We read after Jesus rose from hades the following:

The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised…

Thus he preached and proclaimed victory over death and freed those who were under death.

We read later in Revelation the following:

I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Jesus once talked about hades as a place with a division between the righteous and wicked. When Jesus preached to the dead, he could have proclaimed freedom to the captives and possibly final judgement to the wicked.

It doesn’t say that he preached the gospel to the dead, but that he preached. However, it is even possible that he preached the gospel.

but they will give account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. For the gospel has for this purpose been preached even to those who are dead, that though they are judged in the flesh as men, they may live in the spirit according to the will of God.

The last verse may be referring to something completely different, I haven’t looked into it. I put it here as food for thought.

terraricca
    Participant

@t8

the only possible true answer lays in these words ;The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised…

who are the saints ? are not those faithful believers in God almighty the righteous of old that have walk in the way of their God Jehovah ? yes those are the ones ;

those where the ones that long for the coming of God’s promise and waited for it all their lives,

that day that Jesus descended to hell (hades) he only needed to show himself to their soul they would know who he was ,

truth can see truth when presented to them

Lightenup
    Participant

Here is your answer according to this writing, entitled:

The Gospel of Nicodemus

Part II.—The Descent of Christ into Hell.

Greek Form.

Chapter 1 (17).

Joseph says: And why do you wonder that Jesus has risen? But it is wonderful that He has not risen alone, but that He has also raised many others of the dead who have appeared in Jerusalem to many.1930 And if you do not know the others, Symeon at least, who received Jesus, and his two sons whom He has raised up—them at least you know. For we buried them not long ago; but now their tombs are seen open and empty, and they are alive, and dwelling in Arimathæa. They therefore sent men, and they found their tombs open and empty. Joseph says: Let us go to Arimathæa and find them.

Then rose up the chief priests Annas and Caiaphas, and Joseph, and Nicodemus, and Gamaliel, and others with them, and went away to Arimathæa, and found those whom Joseph spoke of. They made prayer, therefore, and saluted each other. Then they came with them to Jerusalem, and brought them into the synagogue, and secured the doors, and placed in the midst the old covenant of the Jews; and the chief priests said to them: We wish you to swear by the God of Israel and Adonai, and so that you tell the truth, how you have risen, and who has raised you from the dead.

The men who had risen having heard this, made upon their faces the sign of the cross, and said to the chief priests: Give us paper and ink and pen. These therefore they brought. And sitting down, they wrote thus:—

That is just the beginning of the story regarding Jesus’ descent into hell. You can find that story here and the rest of the story to follow after that: http://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf08.vii.xiv.i.html

It really is absolutely enlightening if it is so!!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

Since there is no SIGN OF THE CROSS in scripture but only in catholic theology then you can understand this is spurious.

Lightenup
    Participant

@NickHassan
    Are you threatened by those who look to the cross as the tree of life since on it Jesus destroyed the power of death?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Lightenup…..JESUS went no where but the grave and was raised by his GOD, back to life. As far as others raised back to “eternal” life, there was non Others then Him. The word hell simply means grave and that is where Jesus went and where a who die go.

Acts 2:29-36. And notice where JESUS IS FROM THE LOINS OF KING DAVID, HE WAS AND IS NOT A GOD OF ANY KIND. NOTICE THE DIFFERENT WORDS FOR LORDS USED IN VERSE VERSE 34, “For David is not asended into the heavens: but says himself, the LORD (adonia) meaning A “GOD”, said unto my Lord (adoni) (meaning a human judge or ruler), sit you on my right hand, until I (adonia, GOD) make your ( lord, adoni) foes his footstool.

Please use a standard king James bible instead of a corrupted Catholic bible.

peace and love to you and yours………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

LU

The Gospel of Nicodemus

the apostate gospel ;looks like your own faith ;not all are looking for lies most are looking for truth

Lightenup
    Participant

@GeneBalthrop
    I dont use a Catholic Bible. You are mistaken in nearly everything you wrote in your post except that Jesus, according to the flesh is from the seed of David through His mother Mary. That is where He, being the Son of God from eternity, became also a son of man. His first birth was without mother, His second birth was without earthly father.

Regarding the phrase “Lord of lords” it is the same in the Greek in the Septuagint OT where it refers to Jehovah as it is in Revelation where it refers to Jesus. You really need to be careful what you try to teach.

Lightenup
    Participant

@terraricca
    You can’t prove that didn’t happen as Nicodemus wrote…so you merely assume that it is a lie because it doesn’t support your Christology. I tell you what…your opinion doesn’t make it false. You have to have more than an your opinion. The Bible does speak of an event that dead people had risen from the dead and walked around the town as witnessed by the people that were alive at the time.

Matt 27
    51And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. 52The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, 53and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

If Nicodemus witnessed this, I am not surprised that he would investigate this and write about what he found out. Not every true writing could become canon or the Bible would be super heavy.

terraricca
    Participant

LU

Matt 27
    51And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. 52The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, 53and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

why do you think THE CURTAIN WAS TORN IN TWO TOP TO BOTTOM ?

WHY DO YOU THINK THE EARTH SHOOK ?

AND THE ROCKS WERE SPLIT?

AND WHY THOSE SAINTS WERE RAISED ?

AND WHY DID THEY ONLY SHOW UP IN THE HOLY CITY AFTER JESUS RESURRECTION AND NOT BEFORE ?

AND TO WHOM DID THEY APPEAR (TO MANY)?

If Nicodemus witnessed this

“IF” WE CAN GO FAR WITH THAT WORD ,BUT NOT IN THE TRUTH ,

Proclaimer
    Participant

His first birth was without mother, His second birth was without earthly father.

I am pretty sure that you have taught many times in the past that Jesus has always existed. Thus you now speak of a former birth.

If so, then I guess you hold the view that Jesus existed inside God like an embryo and was then begotten to be next to God. If this is the case, then imagine that he is not inside God as a person, but that God who has the logos within him begat the logos so that the logos was with him. All the while not lessening the logos that is within God, for God is eternal and not diminishing.

Jesus came from God, he said it himself.

Lightenup
    Participant

“IF” WE CAN GO FAR WITH THAT WORD ,BUT NOT IN THE TRUTH ,

Prove it terraricca. Were you there at the time? If not, then you really don’t know if it is true or not, do you?

You have many questions. Pick one for starters, ok.

Lightenup
    Participant

@t8
    The logos is a sentient person and always has been and always will be. When begotten that person created the universe. You are right that the one who begat Him was not diminished after the begetting. They remain interdependently existent.

Proclaimer
    Participant

This is where your assumptions begin and is perhaps the root from whence your doctrine comes.

Unfortunately for your doctrine, God is a Father, and Jesus his son. This is what we should believe.

Not conjoined twins, big and little brother, or a Binity God.

For us there is one God the Father.

This is why we say you cannot be ‘us’ even by your own admission.

You preach another gospel.

Lightenup
    Participant

@t8

This is why we say you cannot be ‘us’ even by your own admission.

You preach another gospel.

Glad you realize that and see a distinction.

I would rather be with the ‘us’ that has both, the ‘God of gods’ and the ‘Lord of lords’, the one and mighty God-Jehovah who IS both.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account