Did God die on the cross

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 497 total)
  • Author

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 22 2012,22:16)
    Nick,
    Do you have some scriptures that say God did not need the Son?

Hi Kathi

Of course he doesn't, because the Father “DID” need the Son to come in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin condemn sin in the flesh.

Jesus said “Without him we can do nothing” which is a declaration of his omnipotence and his deity.

Without the life, death and resurrection of Jesus and his attoning work on the cross we could not be saved.

Jesus is the “Author and the Finisher of our faith”, however the heritics would say that God didn't need the Son!

while we wait for the blessed hope-the glorious *APPEARING* (epiphaneia) of our great “God and Savior”, Jesus Christ, “WHO GAVE HIMSELF FOR US TO REDEEM US” from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. Titus 2:13, 14

The above scripture would be blasphemy in the Hebrew religion to say that “Jesus is to redeem and purify a people for himself”, once again proving his omnipotence and his Deity!

Blessings

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (barley @ Feb. 23 2012,14:01)

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 22 2011,03:44)
    Who of you believe that God died on the cross?
    then your God is mortal,he can be killed by men.
    Why would we worship a mortal God like the pagans do,for their God is mortal.

Those that believe that The God they worship died,dont realise,and dont know their God.
    Do you know that everything is framed by the word of God?
    The univers and all,Do you realise what will happen if God died? It will be keos in the universe and here on earth.
    NO,GOD did not die,but his son died, the image of the father.
    The son of man, the son of david,the son of God,the morning star.The doctrine of trinity has caused a lot of damage,many souls has been lost never finding the truth.Pray that Jesus will open the prison doors and set you free.

No heart feelings please,its all for good.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

God did not die for God cannot die, God is eternal.

Jesus Christ, the son of God, a human being, a perfect human being died.

barley

Hi B,
    Yes made clean by perfect observance of the Law.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 24 2012,13:53)

Nick,

Hi Kathi

Of course he doesn't, because the Father “DID” need the Son to come in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin condemn sin in the flesh.

Jesus said “Without him we can do nothing” which is a declaration of his omnipotence and his deity.

Without the life, death and resurrection of Jesus and his attoning work on the cross we could not be saved.

Jesus is the “Author and the Finisher of our faith”, however the heritics would say that God didn't need the Son!

while we wait for the blessed hope-the glorious *APPEARING* (epiphaneia) of our great “God and Savior”, Jesus Christ, “WHO GAVE HIMSELF FOR US TO REDEEM US” from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. Titus 2:13, 14

The above scripture would be blasphemy in the Hebrew religion to say that “Jesus is to redeem and purify a people for himself”, once again proving his omnipotence and his Deity!

Blessings

WJ

WJ

Of course he doesn't, because the Father “DID” need the Son

Nu 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie,
    nor a son of man, that he should change his mind.
    Does he speak and then not act?
    Does he promise and not fulfill?
    Job 25:6 how much less man, who is but a maggot—
    a son of man, who is only a worm!”
    Ps 8:4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
    the son of man that you care for him?
    Ps 80:17 Let your hand rest on the man at your right hand,
    the son of man you have raised up for yourself.
    Ps 144:3 O LORD, what is man that you care for him,
    the son of man that you think of him?

Eze 2:1 He said to me, “Son of man, stand up on your feet and I will speak to you.”
    Eze 2:3 He said: “Son of man, I am sending you to the Israelites, to a rebellious nation that has rebelled against me; they and their fathers have been in revolt against me to this very day.
    Eze 2:6 And you, son of man, do not be afraid of them or their words. Do not be afraid, though briers and thorns are all around you and you live among scorpions. Do not be afraid of what they say or terrified by them, though they are a rebellious house.
    Eze 2:8 But you, son of man, listen to what I say to you. Do not rebel like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I give you.”
    Eze 3:1 And he said to me, “Son of man, eat what is before you, eat this scroll; then go and speak to the house of Israel.”

Jn 1:51 He then added, “I tell you the truth, you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man.”
    Jn 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.
    Jn 3:14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,
    Jn 5:27 And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.
    Jn 6:27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”
    Jn 6:53 Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
    Jn 6:62 What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!
    Jn 8:28 So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.

Jn 9:35 Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and when he found him, he said, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?”
    Jn 12:23 Jesus replied, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.

Heb 2:6 But there is a place where someone has testified:
    “What is man that you are mindful of him,
    the son of man that you care for him?

Rev 14:14 I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one “like a son of man” with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand.

Nick,

Hi Kathi

Of course he doesn't,

Hmmmmm ???

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 23 2012,15:17)

Nick,

Hi Kathi

Blessings

WJ

WJ

Nick,

Hi Kathi

Of course he doesn't,

Hmmmmm ???

So tell us Peirre.

Did the Father need Jesus to save us or not? :D

You can't have God without having Jesus, you do know this don't you?

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Keith,

Did the Father NEED to create oxygen for us to breath? You know that we can't live without it, right? But did God NEED to do it this way – or did He CHOOSE to do it this way?

God CHOSE to make Jesus Lord and King – He didn't NEED to. He CHOSE to send His own Son to die for us – He didn't NEED to. And so on, and so on…………….

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 24 2012,14:54)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 23 2012,15:17)

Nick,

Hi Kathi

Blessings

WJ

WJ

Nick,

Hi Kathi

Of course he doesn't,

Hmmmmm ???

So tell us Peirre.

Did the Father need Jesus to save us or not? :D

You can't have God without having Jesus, you do know this don't you?

WJ

WJ

read the question ;DO YOU HAVE SOME SCRIPTURES THAT ;SAY “GOD DID NOT NEED THE SON “

SO THAT IS THE QUESTION I HAVE ANSWERED WITH SCRIPTURES,AND YOU NOW CHANGE THE QUESTION,WHY???

:D :D :D :D :D :D :p

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 23 2012,14:53)

Nick,

Hi Kathi

Blessings

WJ

Hi Keith,
    I was thinking about Titus 2:13-14 during the night last night and I got to looking at it closely. The phrase “Our Great God and Savior” is repeated in Titus 3 in reference to the Father, it is also near the beginning of the book of Titus and seems to apply to Jesus there too. See below:

Titus 1:1Paul, a bond-servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the faith of those chosen of God and the knowledge of the truth which is according to godliness, 2in the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised long ages ago, 3but at the proper time manifested, even His word, in the proclamation with which I was entrusted according to the commandment of God our Savior

2:11For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, 12instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, 13looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, 14who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

3: 1Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed, 2to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men. 3For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another. 4But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, 5He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, 6whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

I was thinking the same thing about so many things that Jesus said about Himself, like “believe in God, believe also in Me” and “obey my commandments” etc. If Jesus wasn't deity then that seems like He is saying things an idol would say which would be blasphemous, like you said.

Have a great time this weekend :)

Blessings,
    Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 22 2012,16:52)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 22 2012,08:12)

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 21 2012,15:07)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 18 2012,19:01)
    Hi Kathi:

You asked:

Who is the husband?

Jesus is the husband of the church, watching over God's Word to perform it.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,
    Thanks, now let me ask you this…is the Father the husband of the church too?

Kathi

Hi Kathi:

Jesus is the husband to the church.  God is our Father, not our husband.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,
    Isaiah 54:The Fertility of Zion

1“Shout for joy, O barren one, you who have borne no child;
            Break forth into joyful shouting and cry aloud, you who have not travailed;
            For the sons of the desolate one will be more numerous
            Than the sons of the married woman,” says the LORD.

2“Enlarge the place of your tent;
            Stretch out the curtains of your dwellings, spare not;
            Lengthen your cords
            And strengthen your pegs.

3“For you will spread abroad to the right and to the left.
            And your descendants will possess nations
            And will resettle the desolate cities.

4“Fear not, for you will not be put to shame;
            And do not feel humiliated, for you will not be disgraced;
            But you will forget the shame of your youth,
            And the reproach of your widowhood you will remember no more.

5“For your husband is your Maker,
            Whose name is the LORD of hosts;
            And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel,
            Who is called the God of all the earth.

This passage speaks about the church…the husband of the church' name is the LORD (YHVH) of hosts; and her redeemer who is the Holy One of Israel and who is called the God of all the earth.

See that the above passage is talking about Jerusalem, the Church here:

Gal 4:26But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother. 27For it is written:

“Be glad, O barren woman,

who bears no children;

break forth and cry aloud,

you who have no labor pains;

because more are the children of the desolate woman

than of her who has a husband.”

The husband of the church is YHVH and YHVH is Jesus. This passage is not talking about YHVH the Father. You have admitted that Jesus is the husband of the church, not the Father.

God bless,
    Kathi

Bump for Marty :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 23 2012,20:19)
    4But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, 5He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, 6whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,

God, our Savior saved us THROUGH Jesus Christ, our savior.  These verses are all one sentence telling how God saved us through Jesus.

But it doesn't really matter. Jesus is most definitely called “god” and “savior” elsewhere in scripture – so what difference would it make? ???

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    you said:

Jesus is most definitely called “god” and “savior” elsewhere in scripture – so what difference would it make?

If He is god/God and Savior that is your god/God and Savior and you don't worship Him then you do not know Him even as god, small 'g'.

Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Are you not one with Yashua in that you want to worship him?

Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 23 2012,08:52)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 22 2012,08:12)

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 21 2012,15:07)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 18 2012,19:01)
    Hi Kathi:

You asked:

Who is the husband?

Jesus is the husband of the church, watching over God's Word to perform it.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,
    Thanks, now let me ask you this…is the Father the husband of the church too?

Kathi

Hi Kathi:

Jesus is the husband to the church.  God is our Father, not our husband.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,
    Isaiah 54:The Fertility of Zion

1“Shout for joy, O barren one, you who have borne no child;
            Break forth into joyful shouting and cry aloud, you who have not travailed;
            For the sons of the desolate one will be more numerous
            Than the sons of the married woman,” says the LORD.

2“Enlarge the place of your tent;
            Stretch out the curtains of your dwellings, spare not;
            Lengthen your cords
            And strengthen your pegs.

3“For you will spread abroad to the right and to the left.
            And your descendants will possess nations
            And will resettle the desolate cities.

4“Fear not, for you will not be put to shame;
            And do not feel humiliated, for you will not be disgraced;
            But you will forget the shame of your youth,
            And the reproach of your widowhood you will remember no more.

5“For your husband is your Maker,
            Whose name is the LORD of hosts;
            And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel,
            Who is called the God of all the earth.

This passage speaks about the church…the husband of the church' name is the LORD (YHVH) of hosts; and her redeemer who is the Holy One of Israel and who is called the God of all the earth.

See that the above passage is talking about Jerusalem, the Church here:

Gal 4:26But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother. 27For it is written:

“Be glad, O barren woman,

who bears no children;

break forth and cry aloud,

you who have no labor pains;

because more are the children of the desolate woman

than of her who has a husband.”

The husband of the church is YHVH and YHVH is Jesus. This passage is not talking about YHVH the Father. You have admitted that Jesus is the husband of the church, not the Father.

God bless,
    Kathi

Hi Kathi:

I already showed you by the scriptures that Jesus stated that he was going to ascend to his Father and our Father and to his God and our God.

Yes, I have stated that Jesus is our husband. God has given us to him. He is not YHVH.

In Isaiah 54 and Galatians 4 the woman that was barren refers to Sarah, and through the promise child, Isaac God has become our redeemer. It is written “In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

God speaks of being Israel's husband in an allegory, and this is the explanation:

Isa 54:6 For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Hi Kathi:

Here is another example of how God speaks of being Israel's husband:

Jer 3:19 ¶ But I said, How shall I put thee among the children, and give thee a pleasant land, a goodly heritage of the hosts of nations? and I said, Thou shalt call me, My father; and shalt not turn away from me.  

Jer 3:20   Surely [as] a wife treacherously departeth from her husband, so have ye dealt treacherously with me, O house of Israel, saith the LORD.

Jer 3:21 ¶ A voice was heard upon the high places, weeping [and] supplications of the children of Israel: for they have perverted their way, [and] they have forgotten the LORD their God.  

Jer 3:22   Return, ye backsliding children, [and] I will heal your backslidings. Behold, we come unto thee; for thou [art] the LORD our God.  

Jer 3:23   Truly in vain [is salvation hoped for] from the hills, [and from] the multitude of mountains: truly in the LORD our God [is] the salvation of Israel.  

Jer 3:24   For shame hath devoured the labour of our fathers  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Lightenup
    Participant

Marty,
    The passages that I posted are in regards to the church, not the nation of Israel. Jesus is the husband to the church.

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2012,13:12)
    Hi LU,
    Are you not one with Yashua in that you want to worship him?

Nick,
    What is it that you are asking here? We can't be one with Christ if we worship Him? Can we be one with the Father if we worship Him?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Our unity with Jesus Christ is as part of His Body.

Lightenup
    Participant

Ok Nick, but I still don't understand your comment. He is the head of that body, saints are the rest of the body. I worship the head of the body and His head, the Father. I do not worship the saints that make up the body but the 'Head' of the body.

Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 27 2012,10:06)
    Marty,
    The passages that I posted are in regards to the church, not the nation of Israel. Jesus is the husband to the church.

Kathi

Hi Kathi:

You tried to use an OT scripture relating to the nation of Israel to show that God is the husband of Israel and therefore, since the scriptures show that Jesus is the husband of the church, Jesus is God.

And what I have shown you is that Jesus by his own words stated that he is not God.

He is the husband of the church, and the church is the Israel of God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    The one we share his body and Spirit with has a GOD we should worship as he did.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    He called His Head His 'God' we should call our head the same.

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 497 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account