Did God die on the cross

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 497 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Unless the grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies…..

The Spirit agrees with our spirit…

Jesus gave up his spirit….

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 07 2012,17:11)
    Hi LU,
    David wrote by the Spirit psalm 2 which Jesus quoted speaking of the prophesied Millenium where Jesus is given reign over the earth and brings it slowly back to perfect order.
    By the flesh as a son of Joseph by adoption Jesus was David's son.

THE LORD of course is the words substituted for YHWH by the Jews.

Calling Jesus LORD LORD does not make us one with him or his Father.

Wow Nick! You millennialists never cease to amaze me. Paul said that Christ must reign “UNTIL….”

He must reign “UNTIL” He comes back. Then He “delievers the kingdom to the Father.”

So how can you say He will reign over a millennium? What other kinds of tonics are you peddling?

KJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Have you not read the bible?
    All things are yet to be put to order under King Jesus.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2012,04:51)
    Hi KJ,
    Have you not read the bible?
    All things are yet to be put to order under King Jesus.

Hebrews 2:6-8 says that all things have been put under Jesus. It says that God left “not one thing” that is not put under Him. This was written near the end of the old covenant age.

Paul said that when all things are put under Him His reign ENDS and that He Himself becomes a SUBJECT.

So how can He begin a any kind of reign when He Himself becomes a subject?

KJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 06 2012,19:37)
    Hi MB,
    ALL who came before him were thieves and robbers-according to your and my Lord.

Surely Jesus did not have God's other prophets, kings, and anointed ones in mind when he said those words.  ???

Surely he didn't refer to Elijah, Samuel, and John the Baptiser.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 06 2012,20:56)
    We still do not know what capacity the Logos played in creation.
    We only know that God made all things THROUGH.

It's better to not imagine your own scenario, and then find a way to form the scriptures around it.

I've listed seven different scriptures now that clearly describe Jesus as someone other than the One who created all things.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    1Cor 15 23-28

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Should logic be your guide and not scripture?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

We must all use our God-given logic in order to understand what exactly the scriptures are teaching us.

Say what you want, Nick, but surely Jesus did not consider the man of whom he said, “Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist” to be a thief and a robber.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    The bible teaches the bible.
    Find supporting verses and beware letting human understanding rule.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Beware the log in your own eye.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Yes our own understandings can rob us of truth and wisdom.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Luke 11
    47 “Woe to you, because you build tombs for the prophets, and it was your forefathers who killed them. 48 So you testify that you approve of what your forefathers did; they killed the prophets, and you build their tombs. 49 Because of this, God in his wisdom said, ‘I will send them prophets and apostles, some of whom they will kill and others they will persecute.’ 50 Therefore this generation will be held responsible for the blood of all the prophets that has been shed since the beginning of the world, 51 from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the sanctuary. Yes, I tell you, this generation will be held responsible for it all.

Seems like pretty harsh words to those who merely killed theives and robbers, don't you think, Nick?

Alter your understanding, Nick. Cyrus was anointed by God Almighty and sent in righteousness. He, like Jesus, was a faithful MESSIAH of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Are you arguing with Jesus words?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    He was making plain no man is above him in any way.
    He is appointed Lord of all.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 07 2012,13:58)
    Hi MB,
    Are you arguing with Jesus words?

Are you arguing with God's words, Nick? It is He who said Cyrus was his faithful messiah.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

8 All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.

10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Do you seriously think Jesus is referring to the prophets and anointed ones of old? ???

Where does the scripture tell you that? It says “All who came before me”, right? Would that include God Himself, who came before Jesus? Is Jesus calling his own God a thief and a robber?

Use common sense here, Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    God can use any means including leaders to accomplish His will.
    He can make stones cry out.

But neither Cyrus nor the stones deserve any glory in comparison to the Son of God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

That's correct, Nick. Out of all the MANY christs/messiahs Jehovah has had, Jesus is the only one who has been exalted to the name above all names.

I never said any different, did I?

terraricca
    Participant

Kathi

Think about it though, if the Son did all the work and the Father just supplied the materials,

why do you think THE WORD ;SON did all the work ??? you do not know so you assume,yes.

why would you believe that God supplied all the material ? IF YOU READ SCRIPTURES YOU CAN SEE THAT CHRIST IS THE FIRST OF CREATION AND SO ;THEIR WAS NOTHING THEIR BESIDE GOD AND HIS SON, FROM HERE ON WHAT HAPPEN SCRIPTURES SAYS THAT ALL OTHER THINGS WERE CREATED THROUGH THE SON ;NOW WHAT DOES IT MEAN ?? DID GOD PROVIDED ALL THE MATERIAL AT THE SAME TIME HE CREATED THE SON ???

IT SEEMS SO ;BECAUSE TI IS THROUGH THE SON THAT ALL THINGS ARE HOLDING TOGETHER (ACCORDING TO PAUL)BECAUSE IT ALSO SEEMS TO CLEAR THAT GOD ONLY CREATE DIRECTLY HIS SON;AND ALL OTHER THINGS WERE CREATED THROUGH HIM SO LIKE A BUFFER ZONE ,BUT A GOOD QUESTION NOW WOULD BE ,DID GOD CREATED THE ANGELS FIRST ? I DO BELIEVE SO BECAUSE IT SAYS,THAT THE INVISIBLE CREATE THE VISIBLE (PAUL) SO IT WOULD BE GOOD TO UNDERSTAND THE ORDER IN WITCH GOD CREATED THINGS ,AFTER THE ANGELS HE MUST HAVE CREATED THE BASE FOUNDATION OF THE PHYSICAL WORLD AND FROM THERE ON AND ON UNTIL THE EARTH WAS READY TO BE TRANSFORM TO CREATE MAN,

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 497 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account