Death and the Final Judgement

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (bornagainjdpaul1x3 @ June 21 2012,18:15)
    @ speaking truth,

thanks for the welcome. Question though, how is it that you conclude that DocHoliday is a 'new believer' as opposed to one who has been in the faith for some years but unfortunately has been exposed for the most part to ministry and doctrine that, whilst well-meaning and good intentioned, is flawed and misleading?

bornagainjdpaul1x3,
    I did not say “new believer” but “newer believer”, perhaps I should have stated “less mature in the faith”, if I offended you or Doc I apologize. I was only pleased that you had gave a gentle response to his “misguided” thoughts instead of blasting him for them as I have seen done too many times.

Wm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Gen 2.7

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You say
    “My understanding is that a few, who have been put to death for the for the word of God and the testimony of Jesus, do not “taste death”, but are taken by God directly to heaven. I believe these are represented as “the souls under the altar” in Revelation 6:9-11.”

Directly to heaven??

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 22 2012,13:31)
    Hi T,
    Gen 2.7

n
    ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 21 2012,13:32)
    Hi MB,
    You say
    “My understanding is that a few, who have been put to death for the for the word of God and the testimony of Jesus, do not “taste death”, but are taken by God directly to heaven.  I believe these are represented as “the souls under the altar” in Revelation 6:9-11.”

Directly to heaven??

Yes Nick,

My understanding is as I posted it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    So no evidence?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

The souls under the altar of God in heaven are said to be those who were killed by men because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.  Therefore, they were men who died and went to heaven.

Paul speaks of the same:
    2 Timothy 4:18
    The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB.
    Therefore they died and went to heaven???
    Says WHO?

You should be in that Kingdom of God now[Col3] and like Paul awaiting it's final revelation on earth.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

So you think God's HEAVENLY Kingdom is on earth?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2012,15:04)
    Hi MB.
    Therefore they died and went to heaven???
    Says WHO?

Says the scripture I just mentioned, Nick. ???

If that scripture teaches they were human beings, but then died because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained, and are now in heaven with God, what is your question? ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 24 2012,08:08)
    So you think God's HEAVENLY Kingdom is on earth?

Hi MB,
    Yes.
    The Kingdom of God preached to us, is for us, on earth.[rev 21.2]

The meek shall inherit the earth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Under the altar is in heaven by your definition but is it?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Revelation 4
    1 After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” 2 At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it.

Where is the throne? In heaven, right?

Revelation 8:3
    Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all the saints, on the golden altar before the throne.

Where is the altar? Before the throne which is in heaven, right?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    But under the altar?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2012,15:12)
    The meek shall inherit the earth.

Yep. And the elect shall inherit the Kingdom of God in heaven.

2 Timothy 4:18
    The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom.

Will Paul be brought to God's EARTHLY kingdom, or His HEAVENLY one? Which does the scripture say, Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    If the earthly temple is the image of the heavenly why do imagine that under the altar is IN heaven?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2012,15:21)
    Hi MB,
    But under the altar?

You're kidding me, right? ??? This is where I've got to really bite my tongue and try to remember it's all about love.

Nick, do you seriously agree that the altar itself is IN HEAVEN, but the souls under the altar WHICH IS IN HEAVEN are somewhere else? ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    None us of has been there so logic is no help.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Then believe what you want, but don't try to “correct” my LOGICAL understanding of John's words, okay?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Only God can reach you.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account