Darling Downs – Gene

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8……When I was a young man around 18 years old, my father aquired a 10,000 acre land grant for me in Australia , in QUENSLAND, but I wouldn’t go, there was only about three million people lived there then. You don’t know how many time I wish I would have went, and even more now as I see all these things happening here. There are still a lot of people who do believe in God’s laws and what he says here, but we have sure had some bad leadership in the last 30 years and it’s taking it’s toal here. President Trump is a man who believes in God and his moral principles. He is a strong leader, I only hope he can endure all the oposition, because he’s not a young man. But GOD can hold him up and strengthen him.

I truly believe God has placed him in office and is with him, to help straighten this Nation out. Pray for him and us all.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

10,000 acres in Queensland would have to be in the outback. But still, four square miles would have been amazing for you and probably worth millions today. Where exactly was it? Might have been a one day drive from the Barrier Reef.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..not sure exactly where it was, that was a long time ago, but it seems like I remember something like Darling Downs, also, not even sure that in Queensland . It had a large river that ran through it though.

Peace and love to you and yours ………gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Okay, I’ve been there or very close to it. It is good land there, perhaps a bit too dry in summer. It is the other side of the Great Divide mountains where there is pastoral land. I have explored the coast and the nearby Great Divide. The Darling Down district is not interesting from a tourist perspective, but like I said, it is good land for living and farming. Here are some pics I took of the nearby Great Divide that separates the eastern seaboard from the Darling Downs.

Also, here is a link to some farms in Darling Downs.

https://farmbuy.com/region/darling-downs-granite-belt-qld/

Also, what happened to the land since you didn’t claim it? Was it resold? You should check it out in case you are still entitled to it.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..I don’t know what happened to it, but I highely doubt any deed was given, because it required three years of improvements befor a grant deed would be issued. My Dad would have been intrested in farm and pasture land though, because we were farmers.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

How did he acquire the land. Are you saying he paid in full?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..No he didn’t pay for it,   Australia was seeking homesteaders  remember there were only 3 million living there then in all of Australia and it’s  big or bigger the the US.  They were offing it free, but you had to have enough to make all the improvements required, as I recall it was one enprovement per year for three years, before you could acquire a  grant deed.  It was a great opportunity for me,  but I was only 18 years old, and wasn’t  to antious to be out there by myself, either. But looking back  there were many times I wish I had taken it.

Peace and love to you and yours ………gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

So you could have flown out there once every year maybe spent a few weeks and do that three years in a row and you had to improve the place and it was yours?

Proclaimer
    Participant

If so, what an opportunity.

You could have had some quiet time with God too.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..I think you had to be living on it year round though, I think there is still lands in Austriala where you can homestead, but I am not sure. Would like to know where or if cheep land is still available, might be willing to make some investments.

Peace and love to you and yours…….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..knowing what’s coming here, Austriala might be a safe heaven for my Childern and Grand Childern. Is there cheep land there that has good underground aquifers say no more then 30-70 meters deep”, dry summers and at least 15 – 20 inches of water each winter. Might be interested in making an investment for my Childern.

Peace and love to you and yours………gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

I haven’t lived in Australia for 30 years, but have visited a few times since then.

I know for a fact that most of Australia is very sunny, mostly dry, and has massive artesian basins in the drier areas. The Great Artesian Basin for example, is the largest and deepest artesian basin in the world, stretching over 1,700,000 square kilometres, with measured water temperatures ranging from 30–100 °C. The basin provides the only source of fresh water through much of inland Australia.

artesian-basin

It looks like inland Queensland or Northern New South Wales could be your best bet. Some good land there but very flat (which I don’t like), but from there can head to the Great Dividing Range and the coast where large cities reside and a ton of beaches including the Great Barrier Reef if you are in Queensland.

Australia is politically stable, has  a rock star economy, and it is very difficult for illegal immigrants to get to.

I’m thinking about heading to Australia myself. I had a troubling dream about New Zealand some years back and while I love NZ and do not want to move, Australia would be the most like here for me and close enough to NZ if we want to visit. I’m still in the process of seeking God about my dream to see if it was of him though.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Kimberley Plan

Fun fact: Did you know before Israel became a modern nation, that an alternate plan for a Jewish nation was to settle in the Outback of Australia. Known as The Kimberley Plan, or Kimberley Scheme, the Freeland League tried to resettle Jewish refugees from Europe in northern Australia before and during the Holocaust. Of course God had a better plan up his sleeve. My thinking is the Jews being the smart people they are, looked to a land they knew they could cultivate and was far away from the world’s problems and persecution.

This part of Australia is another great option for buying land in my view and there is a artesian basin here too, but according to NASA it is being depleted because of a decline in cyclones. I imagine it would be very cheap to buy anywhere in Outback Australia and especially here due to its isolation.

The Kimberley is Western Australia’s sparsely settled northern region. It’s known for large swaths of wilderness defined by rugged ranges, dramatic gorges, semi-arid savanna and a largely isolated coastline.

Wikipedia

Here are some pics I got off the Internet. I particularly like the last shot because this vast area has these really unusual mountains that look like beehives. Looks more like a Martian landscape than earthly one. I loved it there and did a number of really great treks.

kimberley

kimberley2

kimberley3

Proclaimer
    Participant

lol. You have me thinking about this now. Would love to buy some cheap land out there somewhere myself.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account