Daily Devotions

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,123 total)
  • Author
    gadam123
    Participant

“And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.” John 4:42

This is the mystified statement that the Messiah will be Saviour of the World. NT writers and Christianity created such myths to exalt human Messiah to the level of God.

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

DOESN’T ROMANS 14:5 TEACH THAT IT REALLY DOESN’T MATTER WHICH DAY YOU KEEP HOLY ?

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.”
    Romans 14:5

Some people assume that the apostle Paul is talking about the Sabbath day in this passage. But nowhere in this verse or the entire chapter does he ever use that term. He only speaks of “one day above another.” The context makes it clear that the discussion was over ceremonial laws, which were raising questions in the minds of Jews who converted to Christianity. Notice how Paul sets the tone for this chapter by stating, “Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things” (Romans 14:1, my emphasis).

When we study the life and practices of Paul, we notice that he was a Sabbath-keeper. There is no doubt that he kept the seventh-day holy (see Acts 13:42–44). The Sabbath was not part of the ceremonial law; it’s found in the unchanging moral law of the Ten Commandments.

Read Exodus 20:8–10. The very next verse reminds us, “For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it” (v. 11). That means the Sabbath was established at creation, before sin, and before there was ever a Jew. The Sabbath commandment is not something to doubt.

The context to Romans 14:5 is really about fasting. “He who easts, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks” (Romans 14:6). This is a clear reference to “fast” days, not Sabbath days. Some Jewish Christians believed there was merit in fasting on specific days and so were tempted to criticize others who didn’t follow suit.

The reason Paul wrote this was to encourage people to be tolerant toward those who sincerely believed they must continue to observe certain ceremonial days.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.”
    Romans 14:5

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You: Carmel…….Jesus said,  “NO MAN”, “CAN COME UNTO ME”,

“EXCEPT” the Father  “DRAW” him.

YOUR BLINDNESS IS DOMINATING YOU!

FIRST AND FOREMOST FOR THE HUMAN RACE IN FLESH AND BLOOD!

John14:6 Jesus saith to him:

I am the WAY,
    and the TRUTH,
    and the LIFE.

No man cometh to the Father,

BUT BY ME.

Why does the Father draw all humans to Jesus,

THE ONLY FATHER OF THE HUMAN RACE??? John20:17

Obvious: THE FATHER HAS NO FLESH AND BLOOD EXCEPT IN

OUR LORD GOD JESUS CHRIST

JOHN 17:2 As thou hast given him power

OVER ALL FLESH,

that he may give eternal life

to all whom thou hast given him. 

Luke 10:22 ALL THINGS  are delivered to me by my Father;

and no one knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son,
    and

to whom the Son will reveal him.

John16:25These things I have spoken to you in proverbs.

The hour cometh, when I will no more speak to you in proverbs,

but will shew you plainly of the Father.

John 10.30 I AND THE FATHER ARE
    ONE!

John17:20 And not for them only do I pray, but for them also who through their word shall

believe in ME; ( FIRST AND FOREMOST!) 

21That they all may be

ONE,

as thou, Father, in me, and I in thee;

that they also may be one in

US;

that the world may believe that thou hast sent

ME!

PRE-EXISTED BEFORE THE WORLD WAS!

John 17:And now glorify thou me, O Father, with thyself,

with the glory which I had,

before the world was, WITH THEE.

22 And the glory which thou HAST given me,

I have given to them;

that they may be one, as we also are one:

23I IN THEM, and

THOU IN ME; (ONLY! THE ONLY INTERMEDIATE SPIRIT BETWEEN HUMANS IN FLESH AND GOD IN SPIRIT)

that they may be made perfect (ONLY BY JESUS) in

ONE:

and the world may know that thou HAST sent me,

and hast loved them,

as thou hast also loved me.

24Father, I will that

WHERE I AM,

they also whom thou hast given me may be

WITH ME; (IN JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD GOD)

that they may see MY GLORY which thou hast given me,

because thou hast loved me before

THE CREATION OF THE WORLD.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Danny…….”God”, so loved the world that “HE GAVE”,  his only begotten Son  that whosoever believes in him may have eternal life.

Who gave?,  was it Jesus or God the Father,   Who are they that can come unto Jesus ?, according to Jesus, “no man can come unto me,  except the Father Draw him”,  So now who is our Savior? , it God the Father,  and he does it through who ever  he pleases.  He saves the world through “HIS” sacrifice of  “HIS” SON JESUS CHRIST.  Robbing God the Father and paying it to Jesus is a sin in itself.   That’s like saying Moses Did all the plagues in Egypt and Parted the sea himself.   At the waters of Meriba, Mose did that , and broke Faith with GOD and look what happened to him . He was prevented from going into the promised land,  because he broke FAITH IN GOD.  The same thing applies today,  God said “He gives “HIS” glory unto no “MAN”, not even the Man Jesus.
    “Unto us (true believers) there is but “ONE” God, and one mediator, between God and men the “MAN”  Jesus Christ”.  

Danny think about that, it also applies to Jesus,  remember what Jesus said,  “he could do ” NOTHING” of or by himself,  the Father who is “IN” ME “HE” does the works”.  Giving Jesus credit for the work of God the Father, IS “THE SIN OF THIS AGE”. Those who do that will not enter into the kingdom of GOD. Unless they repent.  IMO

JESUS’ whole ministry  was about God the Father, from the beginning to the end,  he came preaching the kingdom of God,  he died crying out my God , my God,  “Jesus was indeed a “MAN”, who never broke Faith with God the Father, and because of that is the First born into the the Kingdom of God from mankind and holds the highest Honor in the household of God, next to the FATHER, but certainly not above the Father who is the “only TRUE SAVIOR”, both of Jesus and all of mankind. 

Peace and love to you and yours Danny……….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel……That he may give eternal life to “who”?  , all those that “YOU” HAVE GIVEN HIM. 

Now anyone with the least common sense should understand that,  it is God the Father who gives those “HE CHOOSES “, to Jesus, to receive eternal life,  not who Jesus chooses.

All your twisting of scriptures only shows how really screwed up in your mind you are Carmel,  you simply jump all around trying to put square pegs in round holes, nothing fits, a true “TRINITARIAN ” .

Peace and love to you and your Carmel…….gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Gene, I agree that God the Father is the ultimate Saviour.
    He gave His Son Jesus Christ.
    But Jesus Christ is our Saviour, too.
    Acts 5:31 “Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.”
    Do you agree with that Bible verse?

God bless

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

SPACE TOURISM

Daily devotional

An Amazing Fact: Who would spend $20 million for a one-week vacation? Sixty-year-old Dennis Tito did with no regrets. In fact, you could say his vacation was literally “out of this world” after he became the first private citizen to visit the International Space Station. Dennis started his career as a space scientist, designing flight paths in the 1960s for three historic Mars missions. He then worked at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena for five years. He left to set up a private finance company, Wilshire Associates, where he made his fortune. But Dennis never lost his love for the heavens.

On April 28, 2001, after years of negotiations and red tape, Dennis Tito was chauffeured by two cosmonauts in their Soyuz TM-32 spacecraft to the International Space Station. Tito spent 7 days, 22 hours, 4 minutes in space and orbited Earth 128 times, making him the first private citizen to purchase a trip into space. (I wonder if he booked his vacation on the Orbitz website?)

Some reports say Tito paid $20 million for his trip, becoming the world’s first space tourist. While in space Dennis performed several scientific experiments that he said would be useful for his company and business. Dennis was sorry his vacation could only last a week. Since Tito’s historic vacation in space he has testified before several government agencies in the U.S. on “Commercial Human Spaceflight.”

Did you know the Bible teaches it is now possible for you to book a journey through space that will last for eons? The good news is that the travel arrangements are already paid in full. In speaking of the assurance of the return of Christ to take us to heaven, Paul writes, “Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee” (2 Corinthians 5:5).

There is a ticket for the ultimate spaceflight to heaven. It has been paid for by the blood of Jesus Christ. It can be yours if you will accept it.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”
    1 Thessalonians 4:17

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Danny,  I do agree with that,  as long as you understand that God is the only “true”  Savior, and  he can do it trough anyone he Chooses to, and yes, he chose Jesus as his sacrifice for the sins of the whole world. Even before Jesus ever existed. He was in the plan and Will of God the Father before this world ever existed.

peace and love to you and yours Danny………gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Gene,
    2 Timothy 1:10 says …our Saviour Jesus Christ…
    Can you say the same?

God bless

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@gadam123

Adam, Why do you always attack the NT and our Lord Jesus Christ?
    I really hope you will repent before it’s too late.

God bless

Berean
    Participant

Hi To all

Daily devotional

THUNDERCLOUD GLIDER

An Amazing Fact: On February 15, 2007, while practicing for the World Paraglider Championships, German Paraglider Ewa Wisnierska was sucked up 32,612 feet above sea level by a storm in New South Wales, Australia. Thirty-five-year-old Wisnierska flew underneath a massive thunder cloud and got lifted up to the altitude at which passenger jets fly. The temperature at that elevation is minus 50 degrees Fahrenheit and the oxygen is very thin. It’s higher than Mount Everest.

Ewa soared up about 15 minutes traveling at 65 feet per second. She radioed her team leader at 13,123 feet and said, “I can’t do anything. It’s raining and hailing and I’m still climbing. I’m lost.” She just remembered going up, with lightning around her in the cloud and being pummeled by hailstones the size of tennis balls. She passed out for more than 40 minutes while her paraglider flew on uncontrolled, sinking and lifting several times in the violent storm.

Ewa’s ground team used her GPS and radio equipment to track and record her entire epic flight. When she woke, the glider was still flying on its own. Ewa saw her gloves were frozen and she didn’t have the controls in her hands. She and her glider were covered in ice. Her clothes were frozen to her body. Incredibly, her glider kept flying perfectly in spite of the terrible battering. Despite the bitter cold, she still managed a perfect landing just near a farmhouse. She then curled up in the fetal position to restore her body heat.

Ewa suffered from severe frostbite and also had bruises all over her body from the hail stones. Her German teammates were overjoyed to hear she survived. Not even 747s fly through those storm cells. An event organizer said, “The chance of surviving what she has done is the equivalent of winning the lottery ten times in a row.” Wisnierska said being in the bowels of a monster thundercloud was both frightening and amazing. “You can’t imagine the power. You feel like nothing, like a leaf from a tree going up.”

Did you know the Bible talks about someone who survived an incredible stormy journey going down to the bottom of the mountains? Jonah, from the belly of a whale, cried out to God: “I went down to the moorings of the mountains … Yet You have brought up my life from the pit, O Lord, my God” (Jonah 2:6). Whether your life is brought to dangerous heights or depths, your cries to God will always be heard.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually.”
    Psalms 119:117

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

WILL ELIJAH COME BACK BEFORE JESUS RETURNS TO THE EARTH?

Daily Devotional

Some believe that this text teaches that Elijah will be reincarnated before the second coming of Christ. But notice what Jesus said in His day: “ ‘I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him but did to him whatever they wished. Likewise the Son of Man is also about to suffer at their hands.’ Then the disciples understood that He spoke to them of John the Baptist” (Matthew 17:12, 13).

You might also remember that even though Jesus said that John was Elijah, John himself strongly denied it. When religious leaders approached him, notice his candid response: “They asked him, ‘What then? Are you Elijah?’ He said, ‘I am not’ ” (John 1:21).

This sounds a bit perplexing, doesn’t it? But now let’s read two texts that explain this riddle. Even before his birth, it was prophesied of John that he would “turn many of the children of Israel to the Lord their God. He will also go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, ‘to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children,’ and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord” (Luke 1:16, 17).

Instead of John actually being Elijah, John’s work was to be in the “spirit and power” of Elijah.

Jesus clarified this when He said, concerning John’s ministry, “If you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who is to come” (Matthew 11:14). This makes it clear that John’s message was the Elijah message for his day. It was given in the spirit, power, and boldness of Elijah’s call to repentance. Just before Jesus comes, another message of equal power and boldness will be given to prepare the world for the second coming of Christ.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:”

“And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.”
    Malachi 4:5-6

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Danny……Jesus was God the fathers sacrificial Lamb,  that  “God the father used “, To atone for the sins of the whole world.  So he certainly was part of it.  Right,  but whose plan was it ?  was it Jesus’ plan or God the Fathers plan?

Scripture tells this,  “FOR “GOD”,  SO LOVED THE WORLD,  THAT  “HE” GAVE, gave his only begotten son .  It does not say that Jesus so loved the world that he gave himself , now does it? , in fact scripture shows Jesus did not want to die for anyone.

But out of his Faith and incredible “LOVE” for God the Father, His “FIRST LOVE”, he put “His” Will, to death, in obedience to the Will of God the Father.
    Jesus was certainly a big part of God the Fathers plan of saving man kind,  Just as Moses was certainly part of God the Fathers plan, to save Israel from Egypt ,  but it still was God’s plan, not Mosses,  nor Jesus’ plan either.  God the Father is the “only” true Savior, no matter who he does it through.  If Jesus were here he would tell you the same thing Danny.

DANNY you seem to have the same problem as the church at Ephesus, had, as most all modern Christianity has, today.   You not realizing who your “first love” should be,  please go and  read what I wrote about that, in the thread on “FIRST LOVE “, brother.

peace and love to you and yours Danny……….gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@genebalthrop

Gene, How do you understand 1 John 4:14?
    “And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.”

God bless you, brother.

Berean
    Participant

Gene

You

“in fact scripture shows Jesus did not want to die for anyone.”

Me

?????????

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Carmel……That he may give eternal life to “who”?  , all those that “YOU” HAVE GIVEN HIM. 

Now anyone with the least common sense should understand that,  it is God the Father who gives those “HE CHOOSES “, to Jesus,

to receive eternal life,  

not who Jesus chooses.

ME: DO YOU ACCEPT THE PURE FACT THAT

BETWEEN THE FATHER AND THE SON THERE’S 

ONE GENUINE PERFECT HARMONY!

ANSWER Mr.Gene,

WHY DOES THE FATHER GIVE THEM ALL TO JESUS?

WASN’T THE FATHER POWERFUL ENOUGH TO

DO IT ALL BY HIMSELF?

OR IN THE TRUTH

THE FATHER AND THE SON ARE 

ONE!

Read and accept the truth!

ALL THINGS are delivered to me by my Father;

and no one knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and

to whom the Son will reveal him.

John16:15 All THINGS whatsoever the Father hath, are mine….

John 17:10 And all my ( HUMAN) things are thine, and thine (GODLY) are mine;

and I am glorified in them

BOTH HUMAN AND GODLY!

GODMAN!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

SKY CITY 

AN AMAZING FACT: The race is heating up among the world’s major cities for the bragging rights to the tallest building. New York City held the distinction for 40 years with the Empire State building at 1,250 feet tall. For just two years, the trophy passed to the World Trade Center, and then Chicago’s Sears Tower held the title for 25 years. The twin Petronas Towers in Malaysia surpassed the Sears Tower by just 33 feet and held the record for six years. Then the Taipei 101 tower held the record for six years at 1,667 feet.
    In 2010, the Burj Khalifa surpassed the Taipei 101 tower by over a thousand feet, reaching a record breaking height of 2,716.5 feet. Located in downtown Dubai, the Burj Khalifa boasts more than 160 floors and contains private residences, 37 floors of office space, 57 elevators, a 160-room hotel, a fitness facility, and an outdoor observation deck. During the five and a half years of construction, 30 contracting companies and over 12,000 workers took part in the project.

But an even taller building, known as Sky City, is now on the drawing board. The company behind this building is not only seeking to surpass all the others by stabbing a little higher into the heavens—they also plan to build their 2,750-foot building in a mere 90 days!

The company Broad Sustainable Building from Hunan, China, has already proven their efficiency in construction: in 2011, they built a 30-story hotel in just 360 hours. The company uses prefabricated materials to achieve these super speeds—in the case of Sky City, 95 percent of the building will already be finished by the time they break ground in November 2012.

It is astonishing how quickly a record-setter can be surpassed—and it’s a reminder of the fleeting nature of earthly glory. While taking pride in our human accomplishments is always in vain, there is something worth boasting about: “But let him who glories glory in this, that he understands and knows Me” (Jeremiah 9:24). After all, it is “not he who commends himself [that] is approved, but whom the Lord commends” (2 Corinthians 10:18). A commendation from God Himself is truly a record worth having.In addition, God’s commendations come with a complimentary residence in the true Sky City!

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.”
    2 Corinthians 10:12

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel…… Jesus said This, John 14:28,     “for my Father is,  “GREATER”  then  I.”   Have you torn  that out of your bible or Just don’t truly believe what Jesus himself says?

Carmel….What name do you and the rest of the Trinitarians manifest to people?  Jesus’ name “right”?  but whose name did Jesus say ,”HE MANIFESTED”  unto us?

John 17:6…..“I have manifested “THY NAME ”  ( God the Fathers name), unto the men which “You” gave me out of the world: “YOURS” they were, and “YOU GAVE” them to me; and they have kept “YOUR” word.

peace and love to you and yours Carmel……..gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Gene,

You: “in fact scripture shows Jesus did not want to die for anyone.”

Me: Luke 19:10 “For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.”

God bless

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

THE DAILY CHOICE: GOD OR MAMMON? 

In the wilderness, OId Israel decided not to wait on Moses to come down from Mount Sinai with the Law of their unseen God, Whom they had to trust and serve by faith. Instead, they commanded Aaron, “Make us gods [that we can touch and see] to go before us…” Unbelievably, Aaron, “not restraining them from evil,” made them a golden calf – or in fact, a bull; a representation of Apis, the most important Egyptian god of sexual immorality and violence. Then, growing wildly in the evil of idolatrous witchcraft, “Aaron built an altar before it, bringing burnt offerings to it while the people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play and dance…”
    A commentary clarifies Moses’ reaction to Israel’s grave idolatry and witchcraft at Mount Sinai as follows, “To show Israel that they have forfeited and lost the favor of God, Moses broke the tables, on which he had inscribed God’s law… The greatest sign of God’s displeasure against any person is taking His law (or actually now, His New Testament grace in Christ) from them… [thus allowing them to flourish in lawlessness! Such lawlessness] leaves a people unsaved and undone… To show them that they have taken themselves to a god that could not help them and that an idol is powerless against God, Moses burned the calf and ground it to dust, which he mixed with water and made the Hebrews drink it… [Without them realizing the consequences of what they did, this signified the unbearable cursed state or position without God, which their idolatry and witchcraft brought upon them.] This would mingle itself with all their enjoyments and embitter them; it would enter into their bowels like water, and like oil into their bones [and blacken and destroy their  souls like a fire that rambles through dry wood]…” Three thousand Hebrews died that day when they drank the gold, (Ex. 32.)
    When Moses made the idolatrous Israelites ‘drink the god’ not just the gold, he brought a specific curse upon them. Henceforward, they would crave and pursue the wealth, power, and carnal pleasure of this world without ever gaining any satisfaction or fulfillment from it. Greed and immorality go together. So, to greedy graspers and harlots, no amount of money or sexual pleasure can be enough. “…Like the earth that is never satisfied with water, and the fire that never says ‘Enough,’ the leech has two daughters – [both male and female prostitutes are called] Give! and Give!” – (Prov. 30:13-16.)
    Drinking the gold under the New Testament Covenant means they die spiritually by rejecting Jesus to accept materialism or Mammon, although, while still prospering outwardly, they might be oblivious to the danger of committing such idolatry and witchcraft. By ‘taking in’ the gold or the god they made, they spiritually ‘absorb’ that false god into their hearts or human spirits, and souls or minds, (1 Ths. 5:23.) Just as fornicators become “one spirit with harlots” and can never love their spouses, “one cannot serve two masters. He will either hate and despise the one, and love and be loyal to the other,” (Mt. 6:24; 1 Cor. 6:15-20.) Hence, the gods of idolatry and witchcraft ‘empower’ people to such an extent that they believe they themselves become gods, (manifesting as perverted priesthoods and narcissists in our time,) with the evil character and allegedly also the capabilities of that god. Once we begin to ‘drink the gold’ or god, (in New Testament terms it is ‘taking in’ or accepting Mammon, the world system of greed and harlotry,) it systematically permeates all our senses and destroys everything in our lives.
    Just as in paganism, all Kingdom-Now and Heaven-Now preachers and prosperity teachers believe that outward wealth, health, and happiness are the most important signs of God’s blessing. Thus, they reject Scriptural holiness and obedience to God’s contextual Word to ‘drink the gold.’ As in pagan cultures, the Christian prosperity gospel also translates into ‘greed and harlotry.’ However, God commanded His believers to work hard and live responsibly and holy in His Biblical righteousness in Christ, (Jn. 13:34.) Then, everything we need, (not the things we covet in greed and lust,) ‘will be added unto us.’ Read these well-quoted verses in context to see how those idolatrous witches abuse God’s Word, and to understand that Jesus spoke about basic needs, not greeds, in Matthew 6:25-34.
    • In reality, mere outward prosperity is a certain sign of ‘drinking the gold,’ actually living under the compromising cursed, spiritual position of the god of greed and lust, whom Jesus named “Mammon.” For this reason, Paul warned Jesus’ believers in 1 Timothy 6:6-10, “Godliness and contentment [with what you have] is great gain… Those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money [not money itself, which is not an entity but a mere commodity,] is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But you, o man [and woman] of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love…”

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account