Conception

Viewing 20 posts - 901 through 920 (of 1,479 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 02 2008,11:22)
    Nick……….now there's a miracle a word (became) Flesh, tell us how that works. I thought a word was Spirit not Flesh and blood. Please explain. I can understand how a word can exist in a flesh body as a thought, but become flesh, impossible. Maybe if we straight this out a lot of things might fall into place, about this word business, please enlighten us Nick.

waiting………………gene

Hi GB,
    You say
    ” 14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. “

You want to know HOW before you believe?

It is written

Jn1
    14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

UNDERSTANDING follows BELIEF IN THE WORD.

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 02 2008,08:27)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2008,06:22)

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 01 2008,12:39)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 01 2008,07:50)

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 01 2008,03:12)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 31 2008,22:56)
    Hi not3,
    Were the angelic sons with God in the beginning?
    Why not the firstborn monogenes son?
    Jb38

Angels were not conceived.
    Jesus was conceived.

How can “Jesus” be alive until he is conceived?
    Do the gospels lie?
    Do they mislead us?

Hi not3,
    Are angels not alive then?

Was Adam alive?

Hi not3,
    You seem to say beings must be conceived to be alive but Adam and the angels and God Himself would deny such claims.

You misunderstand creating versus conception.

Angels are created.
    Adam was created.
    The plan after that was provided by conception.

The plan won't change until resurrection.
    Even though we are born again of the spirit, we still need to be adopted and given our eternal status.

Hi Mandy and Nick:

Gen 3:20 ¶ And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..well if you understand it explain it then. The difference between us is I do understand what it means and you don't. Do you, or you could explain it right. Quit dancing around and give us your explanation.

waiting………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Is Eve the mother of plants and animals or angels?
    No
    So in context it surely means all living men.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2008,11:53)
    Hi 94,
    Is Eve the mother of plants and animals or angels?
    No
    So in context it surely means all living men.

Hi Nick:

That is a brilliant observation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 02 2008,11:52)
    Nick…..well if you understand it explain it then. The difference between us is I do understand what it means and you don't. Do you, or you could explain it right. Quit dancing around and give us your explanation.

waiting………………gene

Hi GB,
    If you want understanding of all things before you can believe you are not on the right track.

Jn1
    14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word is identified earlier in the chapter as having origins from the beginning with God. Later John, speaking of Jesus, says he is the Son of God who was before him. This Word was made flesh, a body was prepared for him by God and through Mary. He was truly Son of God and son of man.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..again you danced around the question, I ask you How is a word made Flesh. i UNDERSTAND HOW A WORD CAN COME TO EXIST IN FLESH , BUT THATS NOT THE QUESTION,

Fact is you can't answer the question because it's impossible for a Spirit (WORD) to be flesh, right, it can only come to be (IN) flesh. Not be Flesh.

That doesn't take a brain scientist to figure out. God was in Christ, how by the Spirit of God in Him but that did not make Jesus (THE WORD) in fact what do you do with the scriptures where Jesus Said the (WORDS)weren't His, So How could He be (THE WORD ) then, if they weren't his words.

Please answer the (specific) questions. your beginning to sound like WJ now dancing all around but never answering the specific question.

IMO………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    The Word is the name for the one specially anointed to speak directly the words of God. A prophet sure and a greater prophet than John who he said was the greatest one before him, the one who smoothed his path. Jesus is that Word. John told us he was, and that he was with God before him in the beginning.

Participant

Hi:

The Greek interlinear the logos or saying became flesh. The prophetic word of God regarding His Son became flesh or a reality?

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 02 2008,06:08)

Quote (gollamudi @ June 01 2008,22:07)
    Hi Nick,
    Why are you questioning  my faith and salvation?
    Then you are not in brotherly love.
    Some times I have to doubt your understanding about God.
    Please take care before you see the speck in your brother's eye.
    Adam

Brother Adam,

The fruit of the Spirit is evident in a persons life.  You need not defend yourself.

In the end, our works will be rewarded.  So press on and add to your faith all the wonderful things God asks us to.  Including patience with the brethren.

I'm going to work on mailing that book to you and your wife this week, Adam.  I'll let you know, OK?

Love,
    Mandy

Thank you Sis, for your encouraging words.
    I will keep my patience as you wished.
    I am grateful to you for sending us the book.
    Love to you
    Adam

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2008,06:26)

Quote (gollamudi @ June 01 2008,22:07)
    Hi Nick,
    Why are you questioning  my faith and salvation?
    Then you are not in brotherly love.
    Some times I have to doubt your understanding about God.
    Please take care before you see the speck in your brother's eye.
    Adam

Hi GM,
    No judgement and I agree with you.
    I am sorry such an interpretation could be taken.
    May God give all who are in Christ wisdom and understanding.

Thank you brother Nick,
    I do feel sorry for hurting you or any one in this forum.
    Adam

Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 02 2008,13:14)
    Hi:

The Greek interlinear the logos or saying became flesh.  The prophetic word of God regarding His Son became flesh or a reality?

The prophetic Word of God below became a reality:

Luk 1:26 ¶ And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
    Luk 1:27  To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name [was] Mary.
    Luk 1:28  And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, [thou that art] highly favoured, the Lord [is] with thee: blessed [art] thou among women.
    Luk 1:29  And when she saw [him], she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
    Luk 1:30  And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
    Luk 1:31  And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
    Luk 1:32  He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
    Luk 1:33  And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
    Luk 1:34  Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
    Luk 1:35  And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 02 2008,11:50)

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 02 2008,08:27)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2008,06:22)

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 01 2008,12:39)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 01 2008,07:50)

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 01 2008,03:12)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 31 2008,22:56)
    Hi not3,
    Were the angelic sons with God in the beginning?
    Why not the firstborn monogenes son?
    Jb38

Angels were not conceived.
    Jesus was conceived.

How can “Jesus” be alive until he is conceived?
    Do the gospels lie?
    Do they mislead us?

Hi not3,
    Are angels not alive then?

Was Adam alive?

Hi not3,
    You seem to say beings must be conceived to be alive but Adam and the angels and God Himself would deny such claims.

You misunderstand creating versus conception.

Angels are created.
    Adam was created.
    The plan after that was provided by conception.

The plan won't change until resurrection.
    Even though we are born again of the spirit, we still need to be adopted and given our eternal status.

Hi Mandy and Nick:

Gen 3:20 ¶ And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Bro 94,

Thank you. Yes, she is the mother of all living on earth.
    Every man came from her. Not from some far away galaxy then placed in her womb.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    And indeed the mother[not surrogate mother] of Jesus Christ, the monogenes Son of God.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 02 2008,16:00)

Quote (942767 @ June 02 2008,13:14)
    Hi:

The Greek interlinear the logos or saying became flesh.  The prophetic word of God regarding His Son became flesh or a reality?

The prophetic Word of God below became a reality:

Luk 1:26 ¶ And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
    Luk 1:27  To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name [was] Mary.
    Luk 1:28  And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, [thou that art] highly favoured, the Lord [is] with thee: blessed [art] thou among women.
    Luk 1:29  And when she saw [him], she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
    Luk 1:30  And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
    Luk 1:31  And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
    Luk 1:32  He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
    Luk 1:33  And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
    Luk 1:34  Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
    Luk 1:35  And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Amen!

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2008,16:09)
    Hi 94,
    And indeed the mother[not surrogate mother] of Jesus Christ, the monogenes Son of God.

This is the second sentence from you in 5 minutes that the first has a cancel on the second.

If you truly believed Jesus was conceived in Mary, you could not hold onto your theory of the preexistent monogenes Son.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Why should Mary giving his physical genes to form his body alter the fact that he was from above?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2008,16:14)
    Hi not3,
    Why should Mary giving his physical genes to form his body alter the fact that he was from above?

Conception gives more to a person than just skin and bones. Personality is formed and is a combination of attributes, just to name one process that takes place. You know all this, surely?

I guess if all Mary did was contribute DNA to flesh and bones your theory might jive. But she didn't. She contributed to the whole person. The brand-new person who was a combo of both parents. True conception.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Conception certainly gives us a body and usually the breath of God given to Adam.
    But with the second Adam God chose to intervene.
    God is sovereign.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2008,16:34)
    Hi not3,
    Conception certainly gives us a body and usually the breath of God given to Adam.
    But with the second Adam God chose to intervene.
    God is sovereign.

Did God change all the rules?

Mary was still pregnant for 9 months.
    She went through labor pains and delieverd a child.

What was the intervention? The virgin part, sure. But he is still the Father of his boy – Jesus. We should put 2 and 2 together and see that God had a son through Mary. What's the big deal to admit this? It's certainly not against any “rules” that I am aware of?

Would it offend you if it were true? Why?

Viewing 20 posts - 901 through 920 (of 1,479 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account