Conception

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 1,479 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Aug. 01 2007,06:56)
    Jesus was called God’s only Son because he never was a child of wrath, he knew good and evil, but he did not ever take of evil. He only followed God’s Spirit of wisdom, and thus took of the Tree of Life.

I like this interpretation very much.

But I believe that Jesus is called God's ONLY Son (even tho he had many sons), because he is the only “true heir” of everything, and he is not adopted because he already belongs.

Hebrews 1:3
    ….but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son whom he appointed heir of all things….

We will be co-heirs with Christ, as you know; but first we must be adopted into the family to receive our full rights as sons (and daughters). This is our hope. Paul tells us that if we have what we hope for, it is no hope at all. So, we patiently wait for our sonship. Meanwhile, God has sent the spirit of his Son into our hearts through which we can call on God as our Father.

Jodi
    Participant

Good Day Sister,

You have brought up some good scriptures and I am excited to do some more exploring with you.

You said, why not God’s sperm? Well I say because sperm is a product of God’s creation, and not a product of God himself. Sperm is something that is made, God is not something that has been made, He is something that has always existed. Surely we must conclude however that there is some sort of material that makes God who He is. But still we know that there is no one else like God, He is one of a kind. To me that means He cannot physically reproduce Himself. Moreover, reproduction is something He created, as well as Blood!

Heb 2:14 – Since, therefore, the children share flesh and blood, he himself likewise shared the same things, so that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil,

I doubt God even has blood, if He did however, the bible still tells us that Jesus shared our flesh and blood.

Here’s another thing, God’s substance is eternal, so if Jesus were truly given God’s substance, then whatever was given to him, wouldn’t it be eternal too? Therefore what physical, biological parts of Jesus that he received from his eternal father didn’t die with him on the cross?

Jesus was given God’s Spirit, we are given God’s Spirit.

Saying that God’s physical being is compatible with our physical being, where He can combine the two together, does not sit well with me. I believe it takes away from God’s uniqueness and greatness.

God’s desire is that human beings are combined in like mind with Him, this is necessary for righteousness. I do not believe it to be possible or necessary that Jesus be of same substance of God.

1Co 15:21-
    For since death came through a human being, the resurrection of the dead has also come through a human being;

I just can’t get around that if Jesus is part biologically God then how could he be considered a human being?

If Jesus was made part physically God, what service did it do for him? Shouldn’t it have made him capable of doing things without His Father’s help?

Luke 2:52Jesus increased in wisdom
    John 5:19What he seeth the Father do
    John 8:28As the Father hath taught me
    John 5:19Son can do nothing of himself
    John 5:30Of mine own self do nothing
    John 8:28I do nothing of myself
    John 14:10He doeth the works

NOT3IN1 you said, “Here's my question: why conception at all? If God didn't want us to assume that Jesus was his biological Son….why not just send a Prophet? You see, the “simplest definition” is the correct one…………Mary became pregnant!”

This statement is a little confusing to me. Conception was needed in order to make Jesus a blood descendent of David. We are all conceived except Adam and Eve. All prophets were products of conception. God could have made Jesus like He did Adam, that’s for sure, but He made the requirement for the Messiah to be of David’s blood line. Yes it is quite simple, Mary is a human being, Jesus is a human being. An egg does not create a human being, a human egg and a HUMAN sperm make a human being! A human egg, and a God sperm, would not make a human being.

Concerning Hebrews 3-
    -Moses was faithful as a servant in God’s house
    -Jesus was faithful as a son in God’s house

-Moses served God through the law which had been given to him by God
    -Jesus served God through the Spirit which had been given to him by God.

-The law could not make Moses perfect, so Moses remained a child of wrath.
    -The Spirit enabled Jesus to remain sinless, and kept him a child of God.

Both Moses and Jesus were God’s servants

Mt 12:18 – “Here is my servant, whom I have chosen, my beloved, with whom my soul is well pleased. I will put my Spirit upon him, and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles.

Ac 3:13 -The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our ancestors has glorified his servant Jesus, whom you handed over and rejected in the presence of Pilate, though he had decided to release him.

Acts 4:27 For in this city, in fact, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, gathered together against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed, 28 to do whatever your hand and your plan had predestined to take place.

Ac 4:30 – while you stretch out your hand to heal, and signs and wonders are performed through the name of your holy servant Jesus.”

-Jesus served God as a son- a person given the fullness of God’s Spirit
    -Moses served God as a prophet- a person given a small portion of God’s Spirit

God wills His Spirit in different amounts and in different ways to people according to His plan.

It was a matter of Spirit that Jesus was a son of God, not a matter of biology. Jesus did not need to be part God in order to receive God’s Spirit. The Spiritual part of God perfects, not the biological part of God, what ever that may be.

It is our mind that needs to be compatible with God, not our biology.

I pointed out before what I believe is clear concerning the word use of adoption in the bible.

Because of Jesus we are able to adopt/take on eternal life, he has opened that door.

The word adoption in the bible is referring to receiving eternal life through Christ. The word adoption is not used in saying that through Jesus we are seen as adopted children.

Ro 8:23 – and not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly while we wait for adoption, the redemption of our bodies.

Ga 4:5 -in order to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption (eternal life) as children.
    Eph 1:5 -He destined us for adoption (eternal life) as his children through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of his will,

As children of God we adopt eternal life >not receiving eternal life makes us adopted children.

The bible says through God’s Spirit and following His will we are children of God.

Ro 8:14 -For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.

Our state of mind and our actions from that state make us children of God, not the adopting of eternal life.

Matthew 5:43 “You have heard that it was said, “You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous.

Lu 6:35 – But love your enemies, do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return. Your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High; for he is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked.

Luke 3 is not telling us that Adam is the adopted son of God through Jesus. Luke 3 is telling us that Jesus is a descendent of God according to Adam being the son of God.

Jesus was the image of God, by exemplifying God’s Character! To really KNOW a person is to know who they are on the inside. People knew and understood God better, because they knew what he looked like, …..that is absurd and shallow. Once again if Jesus had God’s eternal biology, then I do not see how he could have died.

Romans 1:3,4
    …regarding his Son who as to his human nature was a descendant of David, and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.

Do you notice something interesting here, it says that Jesus is declared to be the Son of God by his resurrection from the dead. He is not declared to be God’s son by his biology.

Hebrews 1:3
    ….but in these last days he has
    spoken to us by his Son whom he appointed heir of all things….

Once again there is something interesting here to be noted, Jesus was APPOINTED Heir. It is natural that a first born son receive the inheritance of the Father, however if that son is not worthy then the inheritance can be Appointed to a younger son.

Genesis 25:18 Joseph said to his father, “Not so, my father! Since this one is the firstborn, put your right hand on his head.” 19 But his father refused, and said, “I know, my son, I know; he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great. Nevertheless his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his offspring shall become a multitude of nations.” 20 So he blessed them that day, saying, “By you Israel will invoke blessings, saying, “God make you like Ephraim and like Manasseh.' ” So he put Ephraim ahead of Manasseh.

1 Chronicles 5:1 The sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel. (He was the firstborn, but because he defiled his father's bed his birthright was given to the sons of Joseph son of Israel, so that he is not enrolled in the genealogy according to the birthright;

Not3in1
    Participant

Thanks, Jodi. I will have time later this evening to respond.

One quick thought: everyone is “son” to God through Adam, right? Jesus is also a descendent of Adam (then David and so on), however, there was an intervention on the part of God in the production of this one “son” who is Jesus. God used his own spirit to help conceive the child.

If a human sperm was needed to join with the human egg…….why not just let Joseph father the boy?

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 02 2007,09:36)
    Thanks, Jodi. I will have time later this evening to respond.

One quick thought: everyone is “son” to God through Adam, right? Jesus is also a descendent of Adam (then David and so on), however, there was an intervention on the part of God in the production of this one “son” who is Jesus. God used his own spirit to help conceive the child.

If a human sperm was needed to join with the human egg…….why not just let Joseph father the boy?

That is a good and legitimate question and I believe the bible provides the answer. If Jesus was the biological son of Joseph he would receive the curse from being a descendant of Coniah/Jeconiah (Matthew 1 shows Joseph’s biological connection to Coniah).

Jeremiah 22:27 But they shall not return to the land to which they long to return. 28 Is this man Coniah a despised broken pot, a vessel no one wants? Why are he and his offspring hurled out and cast away in a land that they do not know? 29 O land, land, land, hear the word of the Lord! 30 Thus says the Lord: Record this man as childless, a man who shall not succeed in his days; for none of his offspring shall succeed in sitting on the throne of David, and ruling again in Judah.

However, being adopted by Joseph makes Jesus a legal air to the Royal line of David’s throne. It all seems to work out quite nicely, with Mary having the blood of David, and Joseph having the Royal line of David.

Not3in1
    Participant

Checking in really quick…..

If Jesus is completely and utterly “human” then God had to supply a “human” sperm to do the job.  The problem is, along with this idea is something that you've already touched on, and that is that God “created” the human sperm, so once again we are relying on something that God created to do the job that is needed.  With that being said, if a human sperm was used – wouldn't it be subject to the “human condition” of sin?  Or was this a special-human-sperm that was unlike other human sperm? And if not like any other sperm…how can he be exactly like us?  You see the point I'm getting to?  Thanks, Jodi.  I'm thrilled for this dialog with you – you have no idea!  :)

Mr. Steve
    Participant

Christ did not come to this world naturally as an ordinary man. The conception was by the Holy Ghost. How that caused Mary to conceive Christ cannot be answered by science, no more than any of the miracles of Christ, but with God all things are possible. Christ is the Son of God according to the Father's own voice in the New Testament.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Mr. Steve @ Aug. 02 2007,11:02)
    Christ did not come to this world naturally as an ordinary man.  The conception was by the Holy Ghost.  How that caused Mary to conceive Christ cannot be answered by science, no more than any of the miracles of Christ, but with God all things are possible.  Christ is the Son of God according to the Father's own voice in the New Testament.

Mr. Steve,

Thank you, and I agree wholeheartedly. I wonder, can you elaborate on “but with God all things are possible.” Does this mean you believe God provided what was needed for the conception of his own son? Or do you believe like Jodi that it was a “human” sperm that God provided? Thanks, I appreciate your contribution. :)

Mr. Steve
    Participant

Here's the rule. Where the word is silent, do not speak. The word says that that which is conceived was of the Holy Spirit. However the conception occurred it was by the Holy Spirit. Remember, God can speak into existence the things which are not so that the things which are seen were made of things which do not appear. If I were to ask you how did Jesus multiply the loaves and the fish, what would you say? The Bible does say, only that looking to heaven he gave thanks and the next thing we read is that all were fed and they were gathering the remains. I have found a key to following the Lord is to forget about how and just believe what he says. Sometimes the how is explained later sometimes it's not.

Not3in1
    Participant

The “Don't ask; just believe” idea. Well, OK, but I am inquiring and asking; I am earnestly seeking God and for me, the asking and discussing is part of the process. God could speak into existence anything he wishes, this is true; however, he chose to use the very human method (one we would understand) of bringing children into the world. Why do you think he did this? And why wasn't Joseph the father of Jesus……why did God's holy spirit interupt that natural process? This is the great debate.

Mr. Steve
    Participant

Because Christ would not have been the Lamb of God unless he was born of God as a man. The promise began with Abraham.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 02 2007,11:57)
    The “Don't ask; just believe” idea.  Well, OK, but I am inquiring and asking; I am earnestly seeking God and for me, the asking and discussing is part of the process.  God could speak into existence anything he wishes, this is true; however, he chose to use the very human method (one we would understand) of bringing children into the world.  Why do you think he did this?  And why wasn't Joseph the father of Jesus……why did God's holy spirit interupt that natural process?  This is the great debate.

WHY? What you are asking for is a revelation from God. If we knew everything there would be no need for faith. How did God and what did the Holy Spirit do to instill Himself in the Son of man? We all have our ideas but I see no answer in scripture do you? But you want to know NOW! TOO BAD!
    One thing I found out early in my walk was God never answers WHY? Usually the answer comes down the line when things begin to come together for OUR GOOD. So chill :).
    Do what I do just put it on the back burner. If not you will drive yourself nuts. No one has an answer…..just Ideas.

In His Love And Peace,

Ken

Not3in1
    Participant

It's interesting to me that since I began this study back in 2003, the majority of well-meaning Christians have been less than encouraging to me (when it comes to asking questions and wanting to KNOW). Maybe that is because of their own lack of faith in God? Maybe it's because they, themselves have not received the answer and therefore believe there can be no answer (because they have sought and sought and not been given the revelation). I don't know…….

But I cannot put it on the “back burner.” In fact, in burns in my very soul daily. I seek and seek to know the answer! I am encouraged by others who are actively seeking and not giving in to the “greater minds….,” or “just believe and have faith….,” or other less than encouraging ideas.

Paul says to run the race like you are the winner – only one will receive the prize! Press on towards the goal! And he also prays that we will grow in our depth of insight, and wisdom and knowledge!! This is the encouragement I long for. This is the encouragement I wish I would receive from those who love me. This is the encouragement that is so lacking. But still……I long to know God. I long for the answers. I long to be the one to whom the Father will say, “Well done.”

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 01 2007,18:57)
    The “Don't ask; just believe” idea. Well, OK, but I am inquiring and asking; I am earnestly seeking God and for me, the asking and discussing is part of the process. God could speak into existence anything he wishes, this is true; however, he chose to use the very human method (one we would understand) of bringing children into the world. Why do you think he did this? And why wasn't Joseph the father of Jesus……why did God's holy spirit interupt that natural process? This is the great debate.

I'll take a stab but in doing so I won't necessarily be scriptural.

As to the birth process…well…

Gen 3:16 To the woman He said, “I will greatly multiply Your pain in childbirth, In pain you will bring forth children; Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you.”

Now up until this point there was no talk of offspring from Adam and Eve. So we catch the first glimpse of the birth process. But now let's look back at something

Gen 1:26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Here, to me, is the process. God created us in His image (or the image of Himself and others in the heavens, “Us”). But since we are not God, we cannot create others in our image. But we CAN procreate and birth others in the image of mother and father, correct? In that, we remain like God. We “create” (conceive) others in our image as well. God has ever been our example.

As to why Joseph was not the Father…well, if Yeshua was to be the true son of God, The OT verse that speaks of a virgin conceiving a son to be named Immanuel (Is 7:14) must be carried out. Of course the Jews say the proper word used for virgin in this verse could also be a “young woman” but “virgin” is another valid rendering. Plus, the child of a young woman would not be a true child of promise, but the child of a virgin would. Just as the child of a woman well past childbearing years (Sarah) would be.

As to the natural process, there is no biblical answer. All else is speculation and could fall anywhere. I assume that Mary carried the baby Yeshua for 9 months as any other would. Maybe she had cravings for olive and pomegranate sandwichs. Who knows?

Whatever the case, Yeshua had to be human, just as we are. He had to grow up with other kids, playing kid games and learning. He may have even winked at a few girls as a teen, who knows? The Jews would believe in no other Messiah. Many still did not. They looked for a king, a deliverer. But they got a lowly carpenter who was born in a stable. How much more plain can you get than that?

In the last 20+ years I have taught that we are to be like Yeshua, but many times I said we could not do so completely. I did not mean that we could not die on the cross for others or be the only begotten Son of God, but that we could not be perfect like him. The biggest reason I felt this way is because of my prior belief in the Trinity, that Jesus was God. I mean, how can we ever hope to be like God?

Now I see yet another reason that the Trinity is wrong. If Jesus is God, and we are to be like him, we can only fail. We can never be God. Why even try then? Yet, if he was human like us, then there is hope for all. He overcame, we can too. Its all about faith. And our faith lies in the God who was also the God of Yeshua. Why do people fail to see this simple reality?

I did for a long time. No more.

The right hand of God. Some day we will inherit the throne of Yeshua (Rev 3:21). Where does he sit now? We will be there some day, sharing the throne of the Lamb.

Are you ready?

charity
    Participant

I Praise God for you Kejonn, your such a blessing

Sitting on the right side of a.. .. SPIRIT?? help??

Locating the Throne.. reporting Back..Righteousness and judgment are the habitation of his throne

PERHAPS God BEING a spirit, within us..is within Christ who is on the throne?
    God gives Jesus, Davids throne, already set up, already once an earthly throne,
    The LORD hath sworn [in] truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.
    Luk 1:32
    He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
    the everlasting throne From God, to David, to christ, to us?? help??
    Rev 3:21  To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
    Rev 3:22  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
    Isa 9:7
    Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
    Righteousness and judgment are the habitation of his throne now.
    Psa 97:1 ¶ The LORD reigneth; let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of isles be glad [thereof]. :2  Clouds and darkness [are] round about him: righteousness and judgment [are] the habitation of his throne.

Except the throne has been trampled, exchanged and removed from us   that we look hence for it, as they pervert  grace to no justice seen, that they may not be questioned while the saints are in question?
    as…often scripture is turned  to tie the hands up that seek justice, they become the offender on trial, in a perverted manner of using forgivness, to ride on with the trampling of the courts?

Pro 16:12 [It is] an abomination to kings to commit wickedness: for the throne is established by righteousness.

Psa 89:44  Thou hast made his glory to cease, and cast his throne down to the ground.
    :45  The days of his youth hast thou shortened: thou hast covered him with shame. Selah. :46  How long, LORD? wilt thou hide thyself for ever? shall thy wrath burn like fire? :47  Remember how short my time is: wherefore hast thou made all men in vain? 48  What man [is he that] liveth, and shall not see death? shall he deliver his soul from the hand of the grave? Selah. :49  Lord, where [are] thy former lovingkindnesses, [which] thou swarest unto David in thy truth?

Psa 45:6 Thy throne, O God, [is] for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom [is] a right sceptre.  
    Psa 47:8 God reigneth over the heathen: God sitteth upon the throne of his holiness.  
    Psa 89:4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.  
    Psa 89:14 Justice and judgment [are] the habitation of thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before thy face.  
    Psa 89:29 His seed also will I make [to endure] for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.  
    Psa 89:36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.

charity :laugh:

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Aug. 02 2007,15:36)
    As to the natural process, there is no biblical answer. All else is speculation and could fall anywhere. I assume that Mary carried the baby Yeshua for 9 months as any other would. Maybe she had cravings for olive and pomegranate sandwichs. Who knows?

Of course this is the heart of the discussion.

The scriptural fact still remains that Jesus Christ is the Son of God by BIRTH…..we are adopted.  We are “qualified” to share in the inheritance according to the promise.

Galations 4:4-7

But when the time had fully come, God sent HIS Son, born of a women, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the FULL RIGHTS AS SONS.  Because you are sons, God sent the spirit of HIS Son into our hearts, the spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”  SO YOU ARE NO LONGER A SLAVE, BUT A SON; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

We were born slaves.
    Jesus was born a Son.

KJ, thanks for your input! :)

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Aug. 02 2007,15:36)
    In the last 20+ years I have taught that we are to be like Yeshua, but many times I said we could not do so completely. I did not mean that we could not die on the cross for others or be the only begotten Son of God, but that we could not be perfect like him. The biggest reason I felt this way is because of my prior belief in the Trinity, that Jesus was God. I mean, how can we ever hope to be like God?

Hi KJ,
    I don't really see how making Yeshua less than God solves the 'follower inadequacy' issue, as regardless of whether He was YHWH in the Flesh or just an annointed man, HE WAS STILL PERFECT.

Isaiah 53:9
    9His grave was assigned with wicked men, Yet He was with a rich man in His death, Because He had done no violence, Nor was there any deceit in His mouth.

2 Corinthians 5:21
    21He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Hebrews 4:15
    15For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.

Hebrews 7:26
    26For it was fitting for us to have such a high priest, holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners and exalted above the heavens;

1 Peter 1:19
    19but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.

1 John 3:5
    5You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.

What hope do you have to be like a perfect man? None really. Although we are a work in progress, we are being transformed by the Holy Spirit:

Romans 12:2
    2And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

Titus 3:5
    5He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

…and although He is perfect, there is hope for us still in the next phase of our existence:

1 John 3:2-3
    2Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be we know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is. 3And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

He is pure (and always was), we are being purified…..

:)

charity
    Participant

Mat 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.  

I love this heart, the seed father of Jesus, who was the Son of God

Psa 131:1 ¶ [[A Song of degrees of David.]] LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.
    Psa 131:2  Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul [is] even as a weaned child. Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and [to] his throne.
    Rev 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man [child].

Psa 131:3  Let Israel hope in the LORD from henceforth and for ever.(FROM 1000, YRS BEFORE CHRIST BECAME FLESH
    Psa 125:1 ¶ [[A Song of degrees.]] They that trust in the LORD [shall be] as mount Zion, [which] cannot be removed, [but] abideth for ever.
    Psa 125:2  As the mountains [are] round about Jerusalem, so the LORD [is] round about his people from henceforth even for ever.

Not3in1
    Participant

Jodi,
    I have been really busy running my son to select baseball, and our house is currently under construction…..so I'm checking in quickly. I have been doing some study on various points you have made. I hope to answer in a few days. I'm really glad that you are here, sister. I trust your opinions and now knowing a bit of your background, I trust that you are a true seeker. Some merely like to toss around scripture and show their wisdom. Then there are those who are digging for answers and trying to reconcile their adopted views. I know that when I read a post from you, that you belong to the later group! :)

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 02 2007,15:04)
    It's interesting to me that since I began this study back in 2003, the majority of well-meaning Christians have been less than encouraging to me (when it comes to asking questions and wanting to KNOW).  Maybe that is because of their own lack of faith in God?  Maybe it's because they, themselves have not received the answer and therefore believe there can be no answer (because they have sought and sought and not been given the revelation).  I don't know…….

But I cannot put it on the “back burner.”  In fact, in burns in my very soul daily.  I seek and seek to know the answer!  I am encouraged by others who are actively seeking and not giving in to the “greater minds….,” or “just believe and have faith….,” or other less than encouraging ideas.  

Paul says to run the race like you are the winner – only one will receive the prize!  Press on towards the goal!  And he also prays that we will grow in our depth of insight, and wisdom and knowledge!!  This is the encouragement I long for.  This is the encouragement I wish I would receive from those who love me.  This is the encouragement that is so lacking.  But still……I long to know God.  I long for the answers.  I long to be the one to whom the Father will say, “Well done.”

You say you believe but you want to know how? Is this not asking for proof? You say I believe you God but show me how you did it. What makes you think “our” puny brains of which we use only ten percent could understand even IF the Father told us? You ever think that's why we don't know everything because even if HE told us we would probably become more confused. You can only come up with empty speculations and not truth. Thy WORD is truth and the Word says that the word became flesh and does not say HOW, other that the Holy Spirit “OVERSHADOWED” Mary to Impregnate her.
    overshadow:
    G1982
    ἐπισκιάζω
    episkiazō
    ep-ee-skee-ad'-zo
    From G1909 and a derivative of G4639; to cast a shade upon, that is, (by analogy) to envelop in a haze of brilliancy; figuratively to invest with preternatural influence: – overshadow.
    So the power of God SUPERNATURALLY enveloped Mary in a haze of brilliancy! There is your answer! He supernaturally impregnated Mary. Now do you know?

PERHAPS the Father did conjure up some “supernatural” sperm who's to say He didn't…Who's to say He DID? There is no scripture for your question. The only truth is the Word, the Word is scripture so any answer you come up with will end with another question and another. If the Father is going to answer you HE will do it in HIS own time NOT yours!

You say you have been asking the same question since 2003. Wow! That's a long time to be getting the same answer. Sometimes God says No or Not Now. Has your earthly father ever told you NO? Have you never had to tell your child NO or not now, latter? Do you think your persistence will aggravate God to give you an answer you won't understand just to chut you up?

Enjoy your merry-go-round. After four years you must be dizzy? :)

:) Ken :)

Mr. Steve
    Participant

Not3in1;

If you want the Lord to say “Well done” just do what he says.

Steven

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 1,479 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account