Christadelpians

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Did Jesus cast out evil/unclean spirits/demons?
    Did he converse with them at times?
    What were the legion?
    Who is beelzebub?

Did he free men from this problem and can we all become free?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nck……………1……….Yes
    2……….yes
    3………. individual Spirits not individual Beings and they only can speak through the mouths of the persons they possessed
    4………. Beelzebub was a Jewish Fable which they believe existed, But Jesus never said he existed at all. Go and reread it in context as to what was actually said and you will see Jesus simply was dealing with what “THEY” Believed but no where said there was a Beelzebub being at all. In fact produce one Scripture saying there is a Beelzebub “BEING” in all the bible.
    5 ……….Yes

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 29 2012,16:59)
    Hi GB,
    The seven spirits[angels-heb1] are not ON the throne of God but IN FRONT OF IT.
    Why do you prefer your ideas over scripture?

Nick……………Lets look at these scriptures and see together,

Rev 3:1…..> And unto the “ANGEL” of the church in Sardis write; These things says he that “HAS” the SEVEN SPIRITS of GOD, ……

Nick did you notice the word Angel is mentioned and also the SEVEN SPIRITS of GOD in a complete different context. So the question is where does he “HAVE” those SEVEN SPIRITS? (IN) HIM is my answer.

Rev 4:5……….> And out of the throne proceeded lightings and thunderings and voices: and there were Seven Lamps (spirit intellects) of Fire (judgments) Burning (active) before the throne which “ARE” the SEVEN SPIRITS (intellects) of GOD

I have placed the meaning of those symbols there for you Nick.

Rev 5:6……> And I beheld and Lo, in the Midst of the throne and of the four Beasts, and the elders, stood a Lamb (Jesus) as it had been slain, “HAVING” Seven Horns (powers) and SEVEN EYES, (now notice Nick) which “ARE” the Seven Spirits (types of intellects) of God sent forth into all the earth.

Nick not one mention of these Seven Spirit as being Angels of any kind. Spirit are Not Angles Angels have Spirit (IN) them JUST as WE DO>

peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    IN HIM?
    That is not written.

INTELLECTS?
    That is not written.
    Just because Jesus has command of the seven angels does not preclude him from saying so when he speaks to one.[rev4]

If the one Spirit of God is the SEVEN SPIRITS[oxymoron] how can they be in front of the throne if they are of God on the throne?

The WATCHING angels are the eyes of God on earth[Dan]

ANGELS ARE SPIRITS [HEB 1.14]

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….. Do you think the your “ONE” Spirit of GOD is an ANGEL ? Angeles are not Spirits they have Spirit (IN) them Just as we do, and Jesus plainly sad the FATHER was (IN) HIM Yes the FULLNESS of GOD indwelt Him,MIGHTILY and Still does, This (FULLNESS) is the SEVEN SPIRITS of GOD, Spirit are not “BEINGS” they are what is (N) Beings Jesus , us , and angels. God Makes His angels Spirit just as he make us our Spirits in us also. No where does t say GOD makes His angels spirit (BEINGS) that you are adding to what is exactly said there brother. And these Spirits are intellects that bring JUDGMENTS to all things and Proceed (becasue they are spirits) from the throne of GOD that is why they are before his throne.  If you do not believe the Spirits of GOD are (IN) Jesus you are in great error brother, and these Seven Spirits are not angels (IN) him but Spirits of GOD>

Nick this is why understanding what Spirit (ARE) IS SO IMPORTANT Brother.  N o Angels is a Spirit themselves they are messengers sent out from God who have SPIRITS God has made and put (IN) them top carry out his work in the earth and in heaven also. Nick you have to go back to what Jesus said was Spirit the word  am telling you “ARE” Spirit and LIFE He did not say the word I am telling you are Angels and Life now did he? Angels are not spirits they have spirit (IN) them just as we do. IMO

peace and love to you and yours brother…………………………………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Why would you think that because angels are spirits that the Spirit of God is an angel?
    You seem to be desperate in your defence of man's teachings to introduce such an odd concept

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….You are saying ANGELS (ARE) SPIRITS so why not think that , Jesus plainly said God is a SPIRIT, it is you who are connecting Angels as Spirits not me, i sad angels (HAVE SPIRITS (IN) THEM as we do also. That is my position on this. f you believe Angels (ARE) Spirits then why is it hard to believe GOD then is an ANGEL because Jesus sad GOD (is) a SPIRIT. So my question to you is this , IS GOD AN ANGEL? Yes or NO !.

peace and love………………………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Scripture says these things.
    Should you try to make scripture argue with itself to divert from your defence of man's ideas?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NIck……….. I see no where in what I have said that makes scripture argue against it self, it is you wrong understand of scripture that makes it seem that way. You are dodging the Question, “IS GOD AND ANGEL BECAUSE HE (IS A SPIRIT) if not then please explain this to us so we can see you reason for saying Angels are SPIRITS and then GOD who is a Spirit is not an ANGEL according to you. That brother is MAN'S ideas and is Scripture arguing against not what i have said.

peace and love Nick…………………………………………………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Flesh and blood means men who lack the Spirit of God.  It is also used to distinguish the mortal body from the Spirit enlivened body; i.e. the spiritual body.

At least some angels are shown to have material bodies and so it reasonable that at least some of their fallen brethren also have material bodies.  As far as I know only ghosts and God are composed of spirit; and even then spirit may be one word for two different states as ghosts are created.

It is fallen angels that battle with God and his host over our soul.  Their weapons are temptations and words of discouragement and unbelief uttered into our minds and inner parts.  They also employ their powers to strike us with adversity; just as Adam was cursed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You say
    “Flesh and blood means men who lack the Spirit of God.”
    Is this written?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 01 2012,05:25)
    Hi KW,
    You say
    “Flesh and blood means men who lack the Spirit of God.”
    Is this written?

Nick;

If you understand the language of Scripture; it is written.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You understand the language of scripture and it tells you this?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 01 2012,13:10)
    Hi KW,
    You understand the language of scripture and it tells you this?

Nick,

I have learned and am learning. God often speaks in symbols. “not found” symbolizes ascending to heaven because those that ascend are not found.

“Taken up” is another give away for those God takes up; he takes up to be with him.

God creates a mysteries for each of us to solve; and in the solving to learn.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    So this teaching strangely supports your ideas?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……….That is why i say”MYSTERY RELIGION” So often But we are told we have recieved the SPIRIT of a SOUND MIND not a “MYSTERIOUS” ONE. “A spirit of Love and POWER and of a sound mind” brother . Forcing the text to say what in fact it is not saying is not good sound teaching Kerwin and leads to many false and personal teachings. WE can not take just one thing and make a doctrine out of it, becasue it is the “SUM OF GODS WORDS THAT ARE TRUTH”, not just a hint of it, of some kind produced by a single scripture. IMO

peace and love to you and yours Kerwin…………………………………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 01 2012,14:44)
    Hi KW,
    So this teaching strangely supports your ideas?

Nick,

Stop acting irrational.  

Scripture states Enoch was “not” in Genesis and then later it states he was “not found”.  God obviously expects you to figure out “not” means “not found” and not “non-existence” though he did not explicitly state that in Genesis.

The tenet of the resurrection is likewise hinted at in various ways in the old testament.  In addition many parts of the tenet of the Messiah were hidden from many.  

Mosses is a symbol of both the Resurrection and the Messiah that was to come; and has come.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    So you even say that to not follow your ideas is to be irrational??

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin………..When we all Die we are “NOT” either, Just like ENOCH was when he DIED, He was NOT also. That means he no longer EXISTED as a “LIVING SOUL” any longer. and will not until he is resurected at the first resurrection that is to take place in the future as scripture says. The false belief that a Person consists of a body+ Spirit + a SOUL that continues to live after death is the source of this false teaching. Kerwin while there is a lot of Symbolism and Metaphors, and Personifications of things in scriptures we still need to be careful how we apply these things in our understanding of scriptures. As a rule what we percieve of them should be able to be seen in many other places also and not just one scripture should we make a doctrine out of IMO?

peace and love to you and yours Kerwin…………………………………………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    The word soul exists so commonly in scripture your bible must be quite thin,
    especially with satan removed as well.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account