Christadelpians

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    Here is a link or two provided by Sammo to look at the “interesting” beliefs of the Christadelpians.
    http://www.theplan.co.nz
    http://www.biblebasicsonline.com/english….il.html

Not3in1
    Participant

What are the differences between the Christadelphians and the Biblical Unitarians? Does any one know? Thanks.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    There is a link above that shows the Christadelphian doctrines-they are different in quite a few ways, specifally they do not believe in Satan.
    BU doctrines are shown in that thread.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

david
    Participant

I just noticed Nick said this on the first page:

David has told us how much the Jehovahs witnesses have suffered persecution for their beliefs.

The situation is far from unique.

I'm not saying no other groups are persecuted.

What I'm saying is that:

Jehovah's Witnesses are among the most frequent targets of government-sanctioned suppression and persecution, according to the U.S. State Department's 2006 Annual Report on International Religious Freedom.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Christadephians have some odd beliefs and it is worth checking them in the light of scripture.
    They do not believe Satan exists.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 30 2007,12:25)
    Hi,
    Christadephians have some odd beliefs and it is worth checking them in the light of scripture.
    They do not believe Satan exists.

Actually, they do believe that “satan” exists, but not in the form of a being.

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 18 2006,15:37)
    Hi,
    Christadelpians offer scripture study courses so we should understand where they are coming from.
    As I understand it their doctrines are quite sound on most matters.

However they deny the existence of Satan.
    They do not major on the need to be born again
    They also seem to have no understanding of the living power of the Holy Spirit.

Who can add?

Nick, as far as I can tell, only you are scriptural, thus, you are a legend on your own mind 😉 those who wish to know the truth regarding the nature of God and the way to be saved need to join the First Church of Nick

;0

blessings

Mr. Steve
    Participant

The apostle Paul said he longed to come to the Thesolonians but someone hindered him. Does anyone know who he said it was? Your adversary goes about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.

kejonn
    Participant

Dan 10:5 I lifted my eyes and looked, and behold, there was a certain man dressed in linen, whose waist was girded with {a belt of} pure gold of Uphaz.
    Dan 10:6 His body also {was} like beryl, his face had the appearance of lightning, his eyes were like flaming torches, his arms and feet like the gleam of polished bronze, and the sound of his words like the sound of a tumult.
    Dan 10:7 Now I, Daniel, alone saw the vision, while the men who were with me did not see the vision; nevertheless, a great dread fell on them, and they ran away to hide themselves.
    Dan 10:8 So I was left alone and saw this great vision; yet no strength was left in me, for my natural color turned to a deathly pallor, and I retained no strength.
    Dan 10:9 But I heard the sound of his words; and as soon as I heard the sound of his words, I fell into a deep sleep on my face, with my face to the ground.
    Dan 10:10 Then behold, a hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees.
    Dan 10:11 He said to me, “O Daniel, man of high esteem, understand the words that I am about to tell you and stand upright, for I have now been sent to you.” And when he had spoken this word to me, I stood up trembling.
    Dan 10:12 Then he said to me, “Do not be afraid, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart on understanding {this} and on humbling yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to your words.
    Dan 10:13 “But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was withstanding me for twenty-one days; then behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left there with the kings of Persia.

Does anyone doubt that the man of Daniel 10:5-6 was an angel of God? That being so, who is then is “prince of the kingdom of Persia” who withstood an angel for 21 days in such a way that Michael needed to come help him? It may not have been Satan but it was definitely not a mortal man.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Thanks C,
    Yes an intellectually derived religion that removes the Spirit of God from the work of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

For not3

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 14 2007,07:05)
    Thanks C,
    Yes an intellectually derived religion that removes the Spirit of God from the work of God.

Thanks for bumping this Nick.

But can you elaborate on your statement above? Why do you think this?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Read the thread please.

Not3in1
    Participant

I have.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    Have you read their view of the Holy Spirit?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    You will find they call the Spirit the power of God. They speak of water baptism but not Spirit baptism and the empowering to follow Jesus that springs from this blessing.
    Without the Spirit we are not of Christ[Rom8]

Not3in1
    Participant

If I understand correctly, they believe that they Holy Spirit is not a different person than God himself. The Holy Spirit is who God is. I read this thread a long time ago. Why? What was said?

Not3in1
    Participant

Nick, we posted at the same time. Thanks for answering my question.
    I'm not sure that I don't necessarily disagree with them.

I believe the Holy Spirit is who God is.
    I do believe in water baptism.
    I believe the baptism of the Spirit is just another way of saying a Christian is born again.

There is one God, one Lord, one baptism, one faith……

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account