Charles' Jesus is God Proof Texts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,036 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

do you understand what kittel said?? can you read all what he said??
    let me post it again the first part
    We have seen that the majority of scholarship sees the theos as indicating the nature of the Word, that He is God as to His nature. The noun form is here used, not the adjectival theios, which would be required to simply classify the Word as “god-like.”

see mike, kittel said christ is GOD as to this nature. GOD is not god-like! he is GOD!
    GOD is divine! dont you agree mike?? so it means for you if GOD is divine, he is god-like??? WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

GOD is GOD! not god-like! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D :D :D

jammin
    Participant

JOHN 1:1 TELLS THAT CHRIST HAS THE SAME NATURE AS GOD! THAT'S WHAT JOHN WANTS TO SAY! IT TALKS ABOUT THE NATURE OF CHRIST! THAT HE WAS GOD! NOT GOD-LIKE! :D :D :D

jammin
    Participant

what about heb 1:1?? did i say anything about heb 1:1
    you are making conclusion again mike wahahahahahahahaha

i just asked who is that GOD in heb 1:1 and that's it. wahahahahaha

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 03 2012,19:22)
    as a matter of fact, most of the greek scholars would agree that the right translation is GOD not a god.

That's simply because the vast majority of Greek scholars are Trinitarians.

Look at their words that you yourself posted, jammin.

They are all aware of what NETNotes spells out for us.  They all know that the word “with” in part b prohibits the Word from being THE God he was WITH.

And they also all know that “a god” is a perfectly grammatical translation of the text.  Some of them actually admit this fact, while the majority pretend that “a god” is a complete impossibility.

But here's the clincher………are you ready?

Because they all KNOW that the Word can't be THE God he was WITH, and because they are Trinitarians and WANT desparately for Jesus to BE God Almighty, they will illogically overlook the most sensible translation of “a god”, and opt for some nonsense about “what God was the Word was”, or “same nature” or “same essence”, etc.  But NONE of that crap is revealed by the simple words John wrote.  They are simply MAKING THIS CRAP UP because they WANT it so bad to be true.

What John wrote was that the Word was with HIS OWN GOD, and was himself a god.  And that fits perfectly with John 1:18, where Jesus is called “the only begotten god”.

Save your breath, jammin.  You can find a million Trinitarian “experts” to tell you what your itching ears want to hear.  But the sheer volume of them will never erase the simple truth of John's words.

Here's an expert for you:
    “You could only derive a Trinitarian interpretation from John 1:1 if you come to this passage with an already developed Trinitarian theology. – William Arnold III, from his book Colwell's Rule and John 1:1

That sums it up, jammin.  If you are already trying to FORCE the scriptures into teaching a trinity, then there are quite a few scriptures you can twist or purposely mistranslate. In the case of John 1:1, they twist, mistranslate, and even conjure up secret meanings of the text that aren't even there! :)

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 04 2012,12:14)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 02 2012,21:07)
    The noun form is here used, not the adjectival theios, which would be required to simply classify the Word as “god-like.”

That is a wonderful bit of info, jammin!  Thanks.

So now we've eliminated two of the three possible translations of 1:1c.  The three possible translations are:

1.  God
    2.  a god
    3.  divine/god-like

Option #1 is eliminated by the words “the Word was WITH God” in part b.  And even the 25 Trinitarian scholars of NETNotes acknowledge this:  The construction in John 1:1c does not equate the Word with the person of God (this is ruled out by 1:1b, “the Word was with God”)

And now you've just eliminated option #3 with your informative post explaining that John would have used the adjectival theios if he wanted to convey “god-like”.

jammin, that only leaves one option:  “a god”.  :)

Wow!  First the Hebrews 1:1 thing, and now this!  You are the best anti-Trinitarian weapon we have on HN!  :D

wahahahahaha IM LAUGHING AGAIN MIKE WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR YOU IF GOD IS DIVINE MEANS GOD-LIKE! WAHAHAHAHAHA

GOD IS DIVINE!NOT GOD-LIKE! PRAISE GOD!

GOD IS GOD! :D :D :D :D :D

jammin
    Participant

i am not twisting the word of GOD mike. accept what youR reference said. CHRIST HAD THE SAME NATURE AS GOD!
    THAT'S WHAT YOUR REFERENCE SAID! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :D :D :D :D

AND THAT'S WHAT PAUL SAID IN PHIL 2:6
    CHRIST HAS THE NATURE OF GOD! PRAISE GOD! :D :D :D :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 03 2012,19:27)
    do you understand what kittel said?? can you read all what he said??

Yes, I did.  I saw where he eliminated “divine/god-like” from the three options.  That is a Greek grammatical FACT which can be PROVEN.  I haven't checked into it, but I'll take him at his word about it not being adjectival for now.

Then I saw where he was trying desparately to FORCE 1:1 into saying Jesus was “everything God was” because he KNEW the word “WITH” in part b excluded Jesus from actually BEING the God he was WITH.

The problem is that there are no words in 1:1 to convey the meaning he's getting out of it.  And it is the same with EVERY Trinitarian scholar you'll read on the subject.  They all KNOW there are THREE possibilities.  And they KNOW that “God” and “god-like” are excluded.  But because they can't bring themselves to accept “a god”, they will IMAGINE all kinds of nonsense that John never even said.

So yes, I read it all.  And I've read the same things from many different Trinitarian scholars trying to FORCE 1:1 into teaching “their truth”, despite what the scripture actually teaches.

jammin
    Participant

mike, yooooohhhhhhooooooooooo wahahahahaha
    do you accept christ is divine?? of course you will.
    do you accept that christ had the same nature as GOD????????? wahahahahahahahahahahahaha

your reference disappointed you! wahahahahahahahaha :D :D :D :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 03 2012,19:47)
    wahahahahaha IM LAUGHING AGAIN MIKE WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD IS DIVINE!NOT GOD-LIKE!

From Dictionary.com:
    di·vine

adjective
    of or pertaining to a god, especially the Supreme Being.

addressed, appropriated, or devoted to God or a god; religious; sacred: divine worship.

proceeding from God or a god: divine laws.

godlike; characteristic of or befitting a deity: divine magnanimity.

heavenly; celestial: the divine kingdom.

You are apparently laughing at yourself, jammin.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 03 2012,19:56)
    do you accept that christ had the same nature as GOD????????? wahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Grow up, jammin. This site is for adults discussing scriptures, not for kids playing around.

1. To what reference do you refer?

2. Where in John 1:1 does John mention anything about “nature” or “essence”?

jammin
    Participant

where can you find that he eliminated divine mike??? you are making conclusion again! wahahahaha.
    kittel does not agree with the term god-like and not divine!

he said god-like and not divine! BEC THEY KNOW THAT GOD IS DIVINE AND NOT GOD-LIKE! HE IS GOD! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    let me post again what kittel said,
    Kittel's Theological Dictionary of the New Testament

A similar ascription is more common in the Johannine writings, and for the most part incontestable. Jn. 1:1 says of the Pre-existent: kai theos en ho logos…The lack of the article, which is grammatically necessary in 1:1, is striking here, and reminds us of Philonic usage. The Logos who became flesh and revealed the invisible God was a divine being, God by nature.

see mike, GOD is divine! not god-like! wahahahahahaha

im gonna teach you mike
    you should say

1. GOD
    2.a god
    3.divine
    4. god-like

that you should know hahahahahahaha

i am not against that chrsit is divine
    christ is GOD!

not god-like and a god translation in john 1;1
    hahahahahahah :D :D :D

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 04 2012,12:58)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 03 2012,19:47)

GOD IS DIVINE!NOT GOD-LIKE!

From Dictionary.com:
    di·vine
       
    adjective
    of or pertaining to a god, especially the Supreme Being.

addressed, appropriated, or devoted to God  or a god; religious; sacred: divine worship.

proceeding from God  or a god: divine laws.

godlike; characteristic of or befitting a deity: divine magnanimity.

heavenly; celestial: the divine kingdom.

You are apparently laughing at yourself, jammin.

WOW! MIKE IS NOW USING DICTIONARY. BUT DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO USE IT.

so here's your question mike.
    GOD is divine, do you agree??? it means that he is god-like??? wahahahahahahahahaha

go to gradeschool mike! study hard.

GOD IS NOT GOD-LIKE! GOD IS DIVINE! GOD IS GOD!
    the term god-like can't be used to GOD! he is GOD! repent mike. you are twisting the word of GOD. it's very clear mike.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 04 2012,13:00)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 03 2012,19:56)

Grow up, jammin.  This site is for adults discussing scriptures, not for kids playing around.

1.  To what reference do you refer?

2.  Where in John 1:1 does John mention anything about “nature” or “essence”?

read your reference mike.
    hahahaha

you gave me your reference. i just read it.

(20) Barclay, “When the world began, the Word was already there.

The Word was with God, and the nature of the Word was the same as the nature of God.”

(BNT) Barclay New Testament (1969). -Collins (vol. 1 in 1968; vol. 2 in 1969 Tyndale House, Cambridge, United Kingdom :D :D

let me post the verse mike
    John 1: 1 – 3

When the world began, the Word was already there. The Word was with God, and the nature of the Word was the same as the nature of God. The Word was there in the beginning with God. It was through the agency of the Word that everything else came into being. Without the Word not one single thing came into being.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 03 2012,20:12)

When the world began, the Word was already there. The Word was with God, and the nature of the Word was the same as the nature of God.

Like I said, show me from John's own words in 1:1 where he mentioned “nature” or “essence”.

If John doesn't mention those words, then aren't you able to see that this is a load of crap that these people are MAKING UP out of thin air? ???

Bye again, jammin. I try to have a decent discussion with you, but you flood the thread with nonsense and smilies. When you are ready to address what I posted, let me know.

Because I have better things to do than keep repeating myself to you.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 04 2012,11:48)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 02 2012,20:18)
    in john 1:1 it says in NWT a god.
    can you give me other translations that says a god  in john 1:1?

This page lists quite a few of them.  It also lists many “the Word was divine”, and similar translations.  70 of them in all.

that refernce mike.. wahahahahaha.

it seems that you do not read all of the statements there. wahahahahahaha. you just picked what you want. wahahhahaha

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 04 2012,13:27)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 03 2012,20:12)

When the world began, the Word was already there. The Word was with God, and the nature of the Word was the same as the nature of God.

Like I said,  show me from John's own words in 1:1 where he mentioned “nature” or “essence”.

If John doesn't mention those words, then aren't you able to see that this is a load of crap that these people are MAKING UP out of thin air?  ???

Bye again, jammin.  I try to have a decent discussion with you, but you flood the thread with nonsense and smilies.  When you are ready to address what I posted, let me know.  

Because I have better things to do than keep repeating myself to you.

that's what the bible said mike.
    BNT

When the world began, the Word was already there. The Word was with God, and the nature of the Word was the same as the nature of God. The Word was there in the beginning with God. It was through the agency of the Word that everything else came into being. Without the Word not one single thing came into being.

believe it or not.

:D

jammin
    Participant

you are always saying BYE jammin. bec you cant prove what you are saying mike. hahahahaha. christ is GOD! praise GOD! :D :D :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 03 2012,20:31)
    The Word was with God, and the nature of the Word was the same as the nature of God.

Will you show me the word “nature” in the Greek text of John 1:1?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 03 2012,20:32)
    you cant prove what you are saying mike. hahahahaha. christ is GOD!

No jammin. Christ is the anointed one OF God. That's what the word “christ” means. ???

Can you deny that Jesus is God's anointed one?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 05 2012,13:24)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 03 2012,20:31)
    The Word was with God, and the nature of the Word was the same as the nature of God.

Will you show me the word “nature” in the Greek text of John 1:1?

WOW! mike wants to find the greek word nature in john 1:1

that's your reference mike. i just read it and showed to you. it seems that you are contradicting your own refernce mike! hahahahaha

you just picked what you want! hahahahaha

mike now you know that GOD is divine and not god-like
    HAHAHAHA

YOU HAVE FOUR CHOICES NOW MIKE.
    1 GOD
    2 a god
    3 divine
    4 god-like

HAHAHAHAHA

additional knowledge for mike. hahahahaha

mike said:
    Christ is the anointed one OF God.

it's true mike. and HE IS GOD! not a god!
    John 1:1,14

Amplified Bible (AMP)

John 1
    1IN THE beginning [before all time] was the Word ([a]Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.

14And the Word (Christ) became flesh (human, incarnate) and tabernacled (fixed His tent of flesh, lived awhile) among us; and we [actually] saw His glory (His honor, His majesty), such glory as an only begotten son receives from his father, full of grace (favor, loving-kindness) and truth.

PRAISE GOD!

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,036 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account