Cannot log in

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

It has come to my attention that the login script is not working.
    My advice is to not log out if you are already logged in.
    For those who are logged out and cannot log in, I am working on the problem and hope to have it fixed soon.
    I will keep you posted.

Apologies for this.

Cubes
    Participant

That was terrible guys!

Couldn't help thinking of corrolations in the word of God… Nick, one of your favorites…: the parable of the ten virgins and the bridegroom. Those without oil in their lamps compared to those prepared with oil. Those who were logged on vs. those that weren't and couldn't get in! Oh what a nightmare! May the Lord find us all much better prepared on his return.

Glad the log in process is fixed now.

whew!:D

Admin
    Keymaster

Good to see that we all have filled our lamps with oil :)

It turns out that the server provider installed some program that stopped the log in process.

This site will be moving to a new server eventually where this sort of thing shouldn't happen.

Admin
    Keymaster

How long were you unable to log in for?

Cubes
    Participant

About half a day perhaps a little longer. This was after I read your post. I did not log on prior.

kenrch
    Participant

I'm having trouble logging on . If I click on the home page and click on s subject then I'm in. But i coudn't get in by using “Heaven Net Forum” In the serch engine.

Admin
    Keymaster

The Search Engine on the Heaven Net home page is for searching the pages on the website. The forums are a different part of the website and has it's own search engine. The Forums run off a database, while the other part of the website contains static HTML pages like most websites.

A good way to find the Heaven Net Forum is to google “Heaven Net”. That provides a direct link to the forums.

kenrch
    Participant

When I click on heaven net forum in Google this is what I get

Ikonboard CGI Error
    ——————————————————————————–
    Ikonboard has exited with the following error:

Can't connect to mySQL database. Can't create a new thread (errno 35). If you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug

This error was reported at: Sources/iDatabase/Driver/mySQL.pm line 55, line 64.

Please note that your 'real' paths have been removed to protect your information.

TJStarfire
    Participant

Yep I got the same message as Kenrch almost all day yesterday (the 14th)

Admin
    Keymaster

Thanks for that info.
    I didn't realise the website was down.
    It sounds like the database server went down according to that message kenrch quoted. It is working now of course.

I have been wanting to move the BBS to a more reliable server provider. I am getting broadband soon, so it will be easier to move it to a new server. Also it is a bit of a technical challenge, so I will have to disable people from posting new posts until it appears on the new server. I am aiming to have it completed this month.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (heaven @ May 17 2006,09:15)
    Thanks for that info.
    It sounds like the database server went down according to that message kenrch quoted. It is working now of course.

I have been wanting to move the BBS to a more reliable server provider. I am getting broadband soon, so it will be easier to move it to a new server. Also it is a bit of a technical challenge, so I will have to disable people from posting new posts until it appears on the new server. I am aiming to have it completed this month.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate the work you are doing for the Lord with this web site.

Thanks a bunch and God bless you!

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ May 19 2006,01:19)

Quote (heaven @ May 17 2006,09:15)
    Thanks for that info.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate the work you are doing for the Lord with this web site.

Thanks a bunch and God bless you!

I couldn't have said it better myself

Admin
    Keymaster

Wow, thanks guys.
    It's nice to be appreciated.

:)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account