Boston, MA Area Non trinitarians For Bible Study

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

@t8 Where are you located? I love communing with the brethren but I can not sit and absorb things that are not from scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Marie,

Jesus Christ is lord of the Sabbath.

But you have more authority?

For whoever keeps the whole law but stumbles on one point, he has become guilty of all.

Jas 2.10

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Marie,

Seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God, and everything else will be added to you.

Why would you say I have more authority? When I speak, I speak from scripture. Let the Bible speak for itself. And you are correct,

James 2.10; For whoever keeps the whole law but stumbles on one point, he has become guilty of all.

This is my point! If you break one, you break them all. You said for yourself Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath! He even kept the Sabbath in His life and death. Jesus is coming soon to render wrath to all that has broken His covenant:

Isaiah 24: Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.

The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the Lord hath spoken this word.

He makes it clear “WHY” He is coming with so much wrath: Verse 5-6

The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have Transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

2 Timothy 4:3: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Ezekiel 33: 

Again the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman:

If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blows the trumpet, and warn the people;

Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword comes, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head.

He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul. But if the watchman sees the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword comes, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman’s hand. 

@ Nick. Study to show yourself approved.  I have told you the truth. Take care and God Bless you!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Marie,

Jesus was born under the law and was sent to the lost sheep of Israel and his teachings on law are for those under the OT law.

To see the transition to preaching the kingdom open to all see Lk 18.18f

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Marie,

I can tell that you desire to be true to scripture and that is a good desire. I believe you error however in your application of scripture as well as history in regards to the keeping of the Sabbath. What began as a rest in a particular day was meant to point to the ultimate rest that is offered to those who believe in the death, burial and resurrection of the LORD Jesus Christ and worship Him as LORD. The ultimate Sabbath rest is not a specific 24 hour period of time but an everlasting rest. Believers are part of a new creation. The seventh day rest is applicable to those Jews who do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah and are still a part of the original creation.

To continue to keep a seventh day Sabbath is like not believing that Jesus did enough to give us the ultimate unending rest. Christians rest in the work of one Person. Resting in the love and effort of Jesus is the ultimate “keeping of the Sabbath.” The 7th day is no longer the Sabbath rest for those who embrace the completed work of Jesus Christ. The Sabbath is found by resting in the person of Christ everyday. By keeping the Sabbath in that way, the commandment is fulfilled.

You do not need to look down on those who gather together for corporate worship on Sunday. The apostles, as led by the Holy Spirit established the gathering together on the first day of the week, not because they changed the day of the Sabbath to the first day of the week from the seventh, but because that was the day of the resurrection which made a way for us to have the ultimate everlasting Sabbath rest everyday of the week. To believe otherwise is falling short, in my opinion. Why would anyone settle for a Sabbath rest that only lasts for 24 hours a week when you can have everlasting, never ending rest by remaining in Christ? His work was sufficient. The seventh day rest served it’s purpose which led to the ultimate Sabbath rest in Christ. To keep a 7th day rest as the ultimate Sabbath rest is to deny the rest we have everyday and forever in Christ. Remain in Christ and you will fulfill the ultimate “keeping of the Sabbath,” Marie. Let go of your worries about what day people gather. It is such an unnecessary burden to be so critical of those who gather on a Sunday, it is so divisive. There is freedom here on when to gather.

Beware of the spirit of the Pharisee who goes around pointing fingers and judging others who claim Jesus as their LORD and Savior but gather on another day than you. Take that assignment off your shoulders. The test of the spirits is not about when people gather corporately to celebrate the freedom we have in Christ, it is about people’s fruit. It’s about their love for themselves and others, their joy in the LORD, their peace that comes beyond understanding, their patience when wronged, their kindness and gentleness towards others even if undeserved by others, their faithfulness and self-control. Those things are the fruit of those who are being led by the Spirit, not which 24 hour period they get together. It used to be important, until it got trumped by the rest found in the One who keeps us in perfect peace; the One who told us to come to Him and He will give us rest, Jesus Christ the LORD and Savior who is the head of The church.

Blessings to you, I hope you don’t mind the challenge,

LU

Proclaimer
    Participant

@t8 Where are you located? I love communing with the brethren but I can not sit and absorb things that are not from scripture.

From the utmost part of the earth, New Zealand as some other members here are. OF course being a public forum, there will be all kinds of opinions here, but it is often iron sharpens iron and you do learn through the battle that rages here. I see you have met Nick. He criticizes everyone but himself. I wouldn’t worry too much about him. Just let him have his say and continue on. He likes to feel important I think.

Ed J
    Participant

Nick….Paul was not talking about not keeping the commandments, he was talking about how we keep the commandments not if we should or should not keep them. Paul was saying, that by the way law “WORKS’” (forced compliance through the median of fear ) no flesh could be “justified” (made right) before GOD.

SIMPLY PUT, you can not make a person right inside , by forcing them to obey the commandments of God, through the working of a LAW. NO “LAW EVER MADE A PERSON RIGHT IN THEIR HEART, BECAUSE IT (a law) CAN’T. That is all PAUL was talking about, it had nothing to do with , should we keep the commandments or not, it has to do with “HOW WE KEEP THEM” , is it through the working of the spirit of God, or through the working of law, (forced compliance)

If you go to the the original Greek you will find the defined article “the” is not there, it should read “by works of law” another words the way law works, not by works of (the) law. Because the article ” the” makes it appear like he talking about the ten commandments, when he is not talking about keeping the commandments at all but how “LAW ITSELF WORKS”. JESUS KEPT THE COMMANDMENTS AND SO SHOULD WE. But Not by the works of law (forced compliance), but being justified through the spirit of God, which puts his commandments into our hearts and minds. “For we are being “CREATED” unto good works”, and again, “for he (God) works “in” us both to will and do of his good pleasure.” , by writing his commandments in our hearts. We actually become “the” law, by the working of the spirit of God in us. Nick it never about should we or should we not, it’s about how we are keeping them, brother.

Marie is doing a good work, may God our Father bless her in it.

Peace and love to you and yours ……….gene

T8… Good post Gene.

Yes Gene,

Good Post!

Proclaimer
    Participant

@marie-copeland-alexander

Where are you fellowshipping these days?

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account