Boston, MA Area Non trinitarians For Bible Study

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Hi. I am looking for people who are in the Boston, MA area who do not have a church and would like to study, pray and keep Sabbath together. I do not go to church any longer but I am a fervent prayer and communion with God. I am looking for others like myself; who want to worship in spirit and in truth. Jesus did not stay in an apostate church and nor will I stay in one. I have a literature ministry so I go out a lot to minister to others. I am looking for others that would like to ” Be About Our FATHERS Business” as HE has instructed us to do.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi. I would love to join you, but New Zealand is a little too far away from Boston.

Hi. I wish you were not so far as well. In prayer this morning I was pouring my heart out to the LORD GOD asking for the Holy Spirit for His people ” Who are called by HIS name” we need the spirit of the LORD to help us to get out and about to finish the work He has sent us to do. I would love for others as myself to come together in the upper room as did the disciples of old. Jesus prayed the FATHER we would be one and we must pray for it as well. Thanks for answering my post.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Marie,

Is chatting on forums OK?

I do not know. This is my first time using one. Hit me on facebook if you can. You will reach me faster.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Marie,

I don’t use facebook.

Lightenup
    Participant

Marie,

Is every church that meets on Sunday a part of your “apostate” churches?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Marie…..Good post, may God bless you in your efforts to spread the truth about the false teachings of the trinity.

Lightenup…..Every church that teaches the trinity  is an apostate church.  “For unto us (true believers) there is ONE GOD, one mediator, between GOD and man,  (THE MAN), Jesus the christ”.   And again ,  “that they might know you THE (ONLY) TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ whom you sent.” Plus many many more.

LU, it’s just a matter of do you believe those simple straight forward  scriptures or not.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

@ Lightenup; the answer to your question is yes. Every Sunday church is an apostate church. Jesus never changed the day of worship. The Sun-day ( Day of the Sun) is the day of the Roman Catholic. Revelation tells us to come out of this false system of worship and worship the one true God. Revelation 14:6-12; Worship Him who made the heavens the earth and the seas and all flesh, for the time of His judgment has come.

Revelation 18: 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Exodus 20:8-20; Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it, thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it.

The Holy Sabbath day is from creation Genesis 2:2; God has clearly told us to keep His commandments and remember His Holy Sabbath.  Psalm 119:89; Forever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.

God’s laws cannot be changed, and nor does He change; Hebrews 12:8; Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.

John 14: 15; If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Psalm 50:17; But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to declare my statutes, or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth? Seeing thou hatest instruction, and castest my words behind thee.

Isaiah 24:  The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have ‘Transgressed the laws”, “Changed the ordinance”, “Broken the everlasting covenant”. God vengeance is against those who did what a man said instead of what He said. What parent would not get angry if they told their children to do something and someone else told them to do something else? By keeping the pope’s day of the sun we are throwing God’s instruction and His sacred Holy Day behind us. I pray this helps. The Great Controversy  is a wonderful read!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi and welcome Marie,

Why would you cast aside the gnat of Sunday worship and swallow the camel of making gentiles obey the Law?

We are grafted into the church of Christ and we are to follow the Ten Commandments of God. Ezekiel:33 states those that know should be a watchman on the wall and tell people of there error. Daniel says 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried, but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand. many people are making a grave mistake in not keeping the laws of  Jehovah. I have said the truth. We should study for ourselves and not let the pastor study for us. The only law that was done away with was the sacrificial law because Jesus fulfilled it. I have spoken the truth. Jesus said: Matthew 5:17; Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Jesus is our High Priest and soon He will be finished pleading for us in the Most Holy Place of the heavenly sanctuary. The book of Hebrews makes it clear  Jesus is our High Priest in Heaven.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Marie,

Would you offer the OT law as a better alternative than the new law of the Spirit?

Do you think you can satisfy all the demands of the law and please God?

The OT Law applies to those God gave it to, the Jews.

Are you jewish?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….The old testement law is the new testement law , which is writen on our hearts by the hand of God, haven’t  you ever read,

Jerusalem 31:33…..”but this shall be the covenant I will make with the house of Israel;  After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts;  and will be their God, and they shall be my people”.

Marie, your right, keep up the good work.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

Psalm 119:89 Forever, “O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven” Jesus came to magnify the law of God and to live a life we could not live, and pay a debt we could not pay. We are unable to keep the Law, but that is why Christ lives in us through His Holy Spirit to help us keep the Law. Daniel 7:25 tells us we would think to change Gods law but it can not happen! No, I am not a Jew except for my being grafted into the church of Christ. When you read Psalm 119 all you hear about is the keeping of the Law of God. Thy Law O’ law is everlasting, Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the LORD., With my whole heart, have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Read 119 with the keeping of God’s Law in mind and you will see it over and over. God’s law is settled in Heaven.

Jesus even said not a jot of the law would change until all is forefilled. Many people are taking one or two verses to explain a whole Bible. It can not be done, and the Bible is of no one man’s interpretation. It explains itself. There is not one question that cannot be explained through scripture, not one.

God’s Law and marriage were in the Garden Of Eden. The sacrificial system also began in Eden. Abe gave the sacrifice God demanded, and Cain did not, and his sacrifice was not accepted. Jesus came as the lamb of God if God’s law could be changed He would have just slapped Adam and Eve on the hand and said do not do it again. If you get a ticket and the judge throws it out would you go and break the same law again. God forbid!

Proclaimer
    Participant

I’m not from Boston Marie, but you are welcome here.

🙂

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Marie,

Paul taught the new converts from Judaism in Galatia and Rome.

‘Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law,

that every mouth may be closed, and all the world may be accountable to God;

because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight;

for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin’

‘But I say walk by the Spirit and you will not carry out the desires of the flesh….

But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law’

Rom3.19 Gal 5.18

Jews were tempted to try to go back to the Law, but for us gentiles there is no such option.

In fact

‘..But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to him’

Rom 8.9

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You ignorance surprises me.

You must be born again.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….Paul was not talking about not keeping the commandments, he was talking about how we keep the commandments not if we should or should not keep them.  Paul was saying, that by the way  law “WORKS'”  (forced compliance through the median of fear ) no flesh could be “justified”  (made right) before GOD.

SIMPLY PUT, you can not make a person right inside , by forcing them to obey the commandments of God, through  the working of a LAW. NO “LAW EVER MADE A PERSON RIGHT IN THEIR HEART, BECAUSE IT (a law) CAN’T.  That is all PAUL was talking about, it had nothing to do with , should we keep the commandments or not, it has to do with “HOW WE KEEP THEM” , is it through the working of the spirit of God, or through the working of law, (forced compliance)

If you go to the the original Greek you will find the defined article “the” is not there, it should read “by works of law” another words the way law works, not by works of (the) law.  Because the article ” the” makes it appear like he talking about the ten commandments, when he is not talking about keeping the commandments at all but how “LAW ITSELF WORKS”.  JESUS KEPT THE COMMANDMENTS AND SO SHOULD WE. But Not by the works of law (forced compliance),  but being justified through the spirit of God, which puts his commandments into our hearts and minds.  “For we are being “CREATED” unto good works”, and again, “for he (God) works “in” us both to will and do of his good pleasure.” , by writing his commandments in our hearts.  We actually become “the” law,  by the working of the spirit of God in us.  Nick it never about should we or should we not, it’s about how we are keeping them,  brother.

Marie is doing a good work, may God our Father bless her in it.

Peace and love to you and yours ……….gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Good post Gene.

@ Nick

2 Peter 3:15-17

15Consider also that our Lord’s patience brings salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom God gave him. 16He writes this way in all his letters, speaking in them about such matters. Some parts of his letters are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. 17Therefore, beloved, since you already know these things, be on your guard so that you will not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure standing.

God has declared in His Word that the seventh day is a sign between Him and His chosen people—a sign of their loyalty…

The seventh day is God’s chosen day. He has not left this matter to be remodeled by a priest or ruler. It is of too great importance to be left to human judgment. God saw that men would study their own convenience, and choose a day best suited to their inclinations, a day bearing no divine authority; and He has stated plainly that the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord.

Every man in God’s world is under the laws of His government. God has placed the Sabbath in the bosom of the Decalogue and has made it the criterion of obedience. Through it, we may learn of His power, as displayed in His works and His Word….

Men could not place themselves more decidedly in opposition to God’s work and to His law than by upholding a day that is without one evidence of sanctity and professing to worship Him on that day. Those who have corrupted the law by substituting a false sabbath for the holy Sabbath of God, and who compel the observance of this false sabbath, exalt themselves above God and honor the spurious above the genuine.

Sanctification is claimed by professed Christians who ignore God’s holy rest day for a spurious sabbath. But God declares that the sanctification coming from Him is bestowed on those only who honor Him by obeying His commands. The sanctification claimed by those who continue in transgression is a spurious sanctification. Thus the religious world is deceived by the enemy of God and man…

Men have sought out many inventions. They have taken a common day, upon which God has placed no sanctity, and have clothed it with sacred prerogatives. They have declared it to be a holy day, but this does not give it a vestige of sanctity. They dishonor God by accepting human institutions and presenting to the world as the Christian Sabbath a day which has no “Thus saith the Lord” for its authority. ( Ellen White, Maranatha Aug, 18 )

Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart. Psalm 119:34. Mar 231.1

In the new birth the heart is brought into harmony with God, as it is brought into accord with His law. When this mighty change has taken place in the sinner, he has passed from death unto life, from sin unto holiness, from transgression and rebellion to obedience and loyalty….

Erroneous theories of sanctification, … springing from neglect or rejection of the divine law, have a prominent place in the religious movements of the day. These theories are both false in doctrine and dangerous in practical results; and the fact that they are so generally finding favor renders it doubly essential that all have a clear understanding of what the Scriptures teach upon this point. Mar 231.3

True sanctification is a Bible doctrine. The apostle Paul, in his letter to the Thessalonian church, declares: “This is the will of God, even your sanctification.” And he prays: “The very God of peace sanctify you wholly” (1 Thessalonians 4:3; 5:23). The Bible clearly teaches what sanctification is and how it is to be attained. The Saviour prayed for His disciples: “Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth” (John 17:17, 19). And Paul teaches that believers are to be “sanctified by the Holy Ghost” (Romans 15:16). What is the work of the Holy Spirit? Jesus told His disciples: “When he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth” (John 16:13). And the psalmist says: “Thy law is the truth.” By the Word and the Spirit of God are opened to men the great principles of righteousness embodied in His law. And since the law of God is “holy, and just, and good,” a transcript of the divine perfection, it follows that a character formed by obedience to that law will be holy. Christ is a perfect example of such a character. He says: “I have kept my Father’s commandments.” “I do always those things that please him” (John 15:10; 8:29). The followers of Christ are to become like Him—by the grace of God to form characters in harmony with the principles of His holy law. This is Bible sanctification.  ( Ellen White, Maranatha)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account