Bizzaro World Doctrines

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 21 2011,22:30)

John 17(KJV)

18As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles were sent into the world the same was as Jesus and so according to you bizaro reasoning they are preexistent as well.

You use this scripture as a “cure all”, but there are two easy defenses for it:

1.  When his daughter graduated, John sent her into the world to see Paris and Tokyo and N.Y.C., etc.

Nothing bizarre about that, right?  Many college grads travel extensively, right?  Now let's add some more information:

When his daughter graduated from the premiere academy on the planet Mars, John sent her into the world to see Paris and Tokyo and N.Y.C., etc.

With this added information, all of a sudden “into the world” means something completely different, right?  If the angel God sent to Daniel was said to be sent “into the world” to deliver a message to Daniel, it would mean a much different thing than if Daniel, after receiving that message, was sent “into the world” to proclaim it.

You are arguing this point the way the Trinitarians argue John 5:23.  They claim that the honor due the Son is “just as” the honor due the Father, therefore they are equal.  But the truth is that “just as” means we are to honor the Father, AND we are to honor the Son ALSO.  It doesn't mean they are both God, and so both deserve the honor due only to God, right?

So Jesus' words could be faithfully taken to mean, “Just as you sent me FROM HEAVEN into the world, I am now sending these disciples [OUT] into the world FROM JERUSALEM.

2.  Our other choice is to not use the phrase “sent into the world” as a pre-existent proof text in the first place.  In fact, I personally haven't seen this used as proof of Jesus' pre-existence for quite a while on this site.  We are not dependent upon these verses as we have many others proofs to present.

Which reminds me, would you PLEASE address the “I came DOWN from heaven” scripture?  It is the Bizzaro World claims you guys have made about THIS passage that caused me to post it on this thread.  And so far, instead of addressing that scripture, you have danced all around it, claimed that prayer is now my only hope, and quoted John 17:18 – as if that verse makes the other one just go away.

I am still anxiously awaiting your response to my “I came down from heaven” post, and nothing more.

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 22 2011,17:29)
    Kerwin ……….. You have it right, Root (of) a person (MEANS) a decedent from that person..  The word Root and Offspring is in the same sentence and subject matter of what Jesus was saying. Only in bizarre world do people separate it to mean something it is not saying. The word ROOT is used to show linage , just as Offs[ring is. King Davis came out of the Root of Jesse the same as Jesus also did through David he is considered also a root of Jesse.  

peace and lvoe to you and yours……………………………..gene

Thanks Gene!

I don't even have to change a single word of your post!  :)

So it is your contention that Jesus said he was the “Descendent AND the Descendent” of David?  ???  :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (t8 @ June 22 2011,04:11)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 22 2011,14:56)
    Here's another example of “Exception for Jesus” logic:

Yes that exception rule is definitely bizarre.

As soon as Jesus is mentioned all logic and teaching by pattern in scripture is thrown out the window.

How true.  Here's one straight from the current headlines (by which I mean “from a post Kangaroo Jack made today”.  :)  )

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ June 22 2011,11:19)
    Supporting verse: “I am the Good Shepherd.” Jesus spoke blasphemy if He was not Jehovah or equal with Jehovah.

Hmmm…………what about Cyrus?  He was a prophesied about messiah, just like Jesus was.  He was sent to save Israel, just like Jesus was.  And he was “my shepherd”, according to Jehovah:

Isaiah 44:28
    who says of Cyrus, ‘He is my shepherd and will accomplish all that I please;

I don't think Jehovah would have sent a “BAD shepherd” to save His chosen nation, so we can confidently assume that Cyrus was a “GOOD shepherd”, right?

So why isn't Cyrus also God Almighty?  Cyrus can be a shepherd of Jehovah's people and NOT be God Almighty.  David can be a shepherd of Jehovah's people and NOT be God Almighty.  But when JESUS is called a shepherd of Jehovah's people, look out!  

And not only does this example fit into the “Exception for Jesus” rule, but also into the “Same Name Game” rule, that I mentioned earlier on this thread.  This latter rule states that if Jehovah and Jesus have the same name, quality, or title attributed to them, they MUST be the same BEING.  For example, Jesus is “good” and Jehovah is “good”, therefore Jesus IS Jehovah!  :D

It must be noted that the “Same Name Game” is TOTALLY dependent upon the “Exception for Jesus” rule, and can only be used in conjunction with that rule.  

To demonstrate, if David is called “good” and Jehovah is called “good”, then David is NOT Jehovah.  If Moses is called “good” and Jehovah is called “good”, then Moses is NOT Jehovah.  It is ONLY when JESUS and Jehovah have the same quality or title attributed to them that it means Jesus IS Jehovah.  :)

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

We need Jack to visit more often, for in one post, he has given us three Bizzaro World claims.  The first I mentioned in my last post.  Here are two more:

However, your argument against Trinitarianism on the basis of the “him” reading is erroneous because (1) the JW's have argued that Jehovah frequently referred to Himself in both in the first and third persons in the same breath…………….

Jesus also referred to himself in both the first and third person on many occasions.  Every time he said the words “Son of Man”, it was in the third person.  And here's one of them where he does it “in the same breath”:

Matthew 10:23
    When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

So if Jesus referring to himself in the third person doesn't mean there are TWO “Son of Mans”, then why would his Father doing it mean there are TWO “Jehovahs”?  ???

………….and (2) Christ is presented as EQUAL to Jehovah in 13:7:

7″Awake, O sword, against my shepherd,
    against the man who STANDS NEXT to me, declares the Jehovah of hosts. ESV

Jehovah's Shepherd is the “Man who STANDS NEXT to Him. This is a CLEAR indication of the Shepherd's EQUALITY with Jehovah.

Only in Bizzaro World would one STANDING NEXT TO another indicate equality between the two.  If King David stood next to his horse, would they be equal?  ???  

And when you factor in that Jesus is called “my shepherd” by Jehovah, just like Cyrus was, it is hard to imagine that those words mean Jesus is equal to Jehovah when the same words DON'T mean that Cyrus is equal to Jehovah.

This is just another case of the “Exception for Jesus” rule.

Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 22 2011,13:31)

Quote (kerwin @ June 20 2011,23:48)
    Mike you open yourself up on that claim as Jesus states he sent his disciples into the world as he was sent into the world.

Hi Kerwin,

How many of Jesus' disciples said “I came DOWN from heaven”?  Stick with the Bizzaro reasoning I actually posted, and if you can, refute MY understanding of those scriptural words.  Because THAT is what this thread is all about:  I'm hoping that people like you and Gene and Keith WILL come over here and clarify some of this nonsense.

I will await said clarification from you about “I came down from heaven”, as it will undoubtedly give us even MORE gibberish to headline in this thread.  :)

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike:

I asked the following in the Pre-existent 2 thread and I didn't get an answer from you, and so, I will ask it again here:

When Jesus said he came down from heaven.  Was he speaking of his body, soul, and spirit?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 23 2011,20:12)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 22 2011,13:31)

Quote (kerwin @ June 20 2011,23:48)
    Mike you open yourself up on that claim as Jesus states he sent his disciples into the world as he was sent into the world.

Hi Kerwin,

How many of Jesus' disciples said “I came DOWN from heaven”?  Stick with the Bizzaro reasoning I actually posted, and if you can, refute MY understanding of those scriptural words.  Because THAT is what this thread is all about:  I'm hoping that people like you and Gene and Keith WILL come over here and clarify some of this nonsense.

I will await said clarification from you about “I came down from heaven”, as it will undoubtedly give us even MORE gibberish to headline in this thread.  :)

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike:

I asked the following in the Pre-existent 2 thread and I didn't get an answer from you, and so, I will ask it again here:

When Jesus said he came down from heaven.  Was he speaking of his body, soul, and spirit?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

it is not whit is body that one his mother fix it for him

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 23 2011,05:45)

Quote (kerwin @ June 21 2011,22:30)

John 17(KJV)

18As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles were sent into the world the same was as Jesus and so according to you bizaro reasoning they are preexistent as well.

You use this scripture as a “cure all”, but there are two easy defenses for it:

1.  When his daughter graduated, John sent her into the world to see Paris and Tokyo and N.Y.C., etc.

Nothing bizarre about that, right?  Many college grads travel extensively, right?  Now let's add some more information:

When his daughter graduated from the premiere academy on the planet Mars, John sent her into the world to see Paris and Tokyo and N.Y.C., etc.

With this added information, all of a sudden “into the world” means something completely different, right?  If the angel God sent to Daniel was said to be sent “into the world” to deliver a message to Daniel, it would mean a much different thing than if Daniel, after receiving that message, was sent “into the world” to proclaim it.

You are arguing this point the way the Trinitarians argue John 5:23.  They claim that the honor due the Son is “just as” the honor due the Father, therefore they are equal.  But the truth is that “just as” means we are to honor the Father, AND we are to honor the Son ALSO.  It doesn't mean they are both God, and so both deserve the honor due only to God, right?

So Jesus' words could be faithfully taken to mean, “Just as you sent me FROM HEAVEN into the world, I am now sending these disciples [OUT] into the world FROM JERUSALEM.

2.  Our other choice is to not use the phrase “sent into the world” as a pre-existent proof text in the first place.  In fact, I personally haven't seen this used as proof of Jesus' pre-existence for quite a while on this site.  We are not dependent upon these verses as we have many others proofs to present.

Which reminds me, would you PLEASE address the “I came DOWN from heaven” scripture?  It is the Bizzaro World claims you guys have made about THIS passage that caused me to post it on this thread.  And so far, instead of addressing that scripture, you have danced all around it, claimed that prayer is now my only hope, and quoted John 17:18 – as if that verse makes the other one just go away.

I am still anxiously awaiting your response to my “I came down from heaven” post, and nothing more.

peace,
    mike

Mike,

So according to you Jesus was sent into the world in the same way John's daughter was since the apostles were sent into the world in the same way he was.

The bizaro is that you choose to use different standards depenting on who is the subject of the scripture.  That is bizaro as you have pointed out in reference to arguments of others.

I believe we should consider discussing this topic further in another thread when time alows and an apropriate thread comes up.  At this time I feel I am spreading myself too thin.

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ June 22 2011,21:06)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 22 2011,13:51)

Quote (Pastry @ June 21 2011,15:57)
    t8  I am sure surprised that you believe in the trinity.

Hi Irene,

You have mistaken something t8 said, for he clearly does NOT believe in the trinity, and tirelessly and brilliantly shows how comically flawed that doctrine is.

Perhaps your new meds are messin' with your head?  :)

I pray you are getting stronger and healthier every day.

peace and love,
    mike

Yes I can assure you Irene that I definitely do not believe in the Trinity doctrine and have been exposing its foolishness for years.

What made you think I was teaching the Trinity. I am curious now.

Sorry, t8 can't even say why I thought that….. Being so sick still my mind is not up yet……Just on the computer to get some exercise…….Peace Irene

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 22 2011,19:23)

As soon as Jesus is mentioned all logic and teaching by pattern in scripture is thrown out the window.

How true.  Here's one straight from the current headlines (by which I mean “from a post Kangaroo Jack made today”.  :)  )

Supporting verse: “I am the Good Shepherd.” Jesus spoke blasphemy if He was not Jehovah or equal with Jehovah.

Hmmm…………what about Cyrus?  He was a prophesied about messiah, just like Jesus was.  He was sent to save Israel, just like Jesus was.  And he was “my shepherd”, according to Jehovah:

Mike

Yea but did Cyrus claim to be “The Good Shephard” of Israel?  ???

Jesus said no man was “Good” but God yet he says he was “Good”.

Did Cyrus say “Come unto me all ye that are heavy laden and “I” will give you rest and eternal life?

Did all things consist by Cyrus? Such comparisons to Jesus is “anathema”.

It is just another weak argument against the truth of the scriptures that Jesus is claiming equality with God. :p

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 24 2011,01:50)

Mike

Did Cyrus say “come unto me all ye that are heavy laden and “I” will give you rest and eternal life?

It is just another weak argument against the truth of the scriptures that Jesus is claiming equality with God. :p

WJ

Keith,

Just another feeble attempt by the Bonehead to equate shadow to substance. Christ is explicitly called the substance to which the shadows pointed. The substance is God. Ergo….

Jack

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 23 2011,09:11)
    By the way t8, do you call Jesus your Mighty God?  :)

WJ

Actually I don't call him that but have no problem with saying it the way it is meant here.

Do you call him the Everlasting Father?

Again, I do not, but have no problem with saying that in the context it was meant.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ June 24 2011,04:38)
    The substance is God.

Scripture please.

A third century doctrine that was made official by a Roman Emperor will not suffice.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 23 2011,08:58)

Quote (t8 @ June 22 2011,16:56)
    First question.

Is Jesus the Heavenly Father according to this verse?

t8

It doesn't say “heavenly father” does it?

WJ

Thank you for taking the bait.

I now reel you in with, “It doesn't say the Almighty (God) Elohim” does it.

Visualise yourself flapping on the concrete at this point.

See, you are not consistent. Bias is the reason.

Thank you for another live demonstration on Bizzaro World Doctrines.

Make sure you all tune in tomorrow for more live demonstrations.

Quote (t8 @ June 23 2011,16:26)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 23 2011,09:11)
    By the way t8, do you call Jesus your Mighty God? :)

WJ

Actually I don't call him that but have no problem with saying it the way it is meant here.

Do you call him the Everlasting Father?

Again, I do not, but have no problem with saying that in the context it was meant.

t8

His name shall be called “Everlasting Father” because he is the source of all things to all of creation. Sure I call him “My” everlasting Father because the scriptures say he is!

Paul was a father to those whom he espoused and Jesus is the “everlasting Father” to all those that believe.

You see t8 I am not ashamed to confess the scriptures, but it seems you are ashamed to confess Jesus as your “Mighty God” or your “Everlasting Father”.

Quote (t8 @ June 23 2011,16:26)

That is purely double talk! :p

It goes like the rest of your testimony.

You say Jesus is “god/theos” but then you say he is not my “god/theos” for there is only one God!

To show more of your inconsistencies, you say when the word theos is ascribed to Jesus like in John 1:1 that it should be interpreted “divine” but you should be consistent and apply the same to all the other so-called gods that you say exist.

You say there are many “theos/gods” but then you say there is “only one “theos/god”.

You say he is “a Savior” but yet he is not “the ultimate Savior”!

You flip flop around with all these contradictions like you have 2 gods and 2 saviors when the scriptures are clear there is “Only One True God” and “Only One Saviour”. :p

WJ

Quote (t8 @ June 23 2011,16:33)

First question.

t8

WJ

t8

So what are you saying that YHVH is not “Almighty” and Jesus is not “Almighty”?

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, “The mighty God, (el gibbowr)” The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isa 9:6

The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the “mighty God (el gibbowr)”. Isa 10:21

Thou shewest lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the ”Mighty God, ((el gibbowr)” the LORD of hosts, is his name, Jer 32:18  

Where is your consistency in interpreting these verses t8?

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 24 2011,16:20)

Quote (t8 @ June 23 2011,16:33)

First question.

t8

WJ

t8

So what are you saying that YHVH is not “Almighty” and Jesus is not “Almighty”?

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, “The mighty God, (el gibbowr)” The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isa 9:6

The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the “mighty God (el gibbowr)”. Isa 10:21

Thou shewest lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the ”Mighty God, ((el gibbowr)” the LORD of hosts, is his name, Jer 32:18  

Where is your consistency in interpreting these verses t8?

WJ

WJ

why would God the creator come to earth in the flesh like a man,what is the lower of his intelligent creature ,and is like a grain of sand ?

and who are totally guilty of rebellion toward him ?

scriptures tell us there are close to 100 million of heavenly angels,and you still mention that God came to earth why him ?

if the father is like you say the son or vise versa then why all that circus of saying the son do this and say this,and his this ect;

why the son ,the apostles,and the prophet's,and the Lord God lied in all scriptures ?

is this the way people become trinitarian by swallow all that confusion ?

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 22 2011,22:13)
    Mike,

So according to you Jesus was sent into the world in the same way John's daughter was since the apostles were sent into the world in the same way he was.

Hi Kerwin,

It is YOU who says “the SAME WAY”, not the scripture.  You are doing the same thing the Trinitarians do when they say, “honor the Son just as you honor the Father” means “WITH THE SAME EXACT HONOR FOR THEY ARE THE SAME EXACT GOD”.

There is nothing in your scripture that says they were sent into the world in the SAME EXACT way, or FROM the SAME EXACT place.

But why are we still discussing John 17:18 anyway?  It is not the scripture I brought up on this thread.  I have not claimed that you guys say anything bizarre about that one.  Nor has anyone here claimed that scripture as proof of Jesus pre-existence for quite some time.  This is clearly a diversion away from the “I came down from heaven” scripture that my post was originally about.

I STILL await a response to that scripture.

peace,
    mike

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 24 2011,09:17)
    His name shall be called “Everlasting Father” because he is the source of all things to all of creation. Sure I call him “My” everlasting Father because the scriptures say he is!

Be honest, besides now, when was the last time you referred to Jesus Christ as the Everlasting Father?
    Or for that matter, when did you call him Emanuel?

It was never the point about being embarrassed, but more that these titles are rarely used by most believers. It doesn't make them embarrassing or not true, but that most refer to Jesus as Jesus, Yeshua, Lord, and Messiah.

Again you it went right over your head didn't it?

Now I would like to add, that if I was to manipulate scripture like you, I could ask you these 2 questions.

1) Is Jesus from Heaven?
    2) Is he the Everlasting Father

You answer would be yes to both.
    Then I would reply, see he is the Heavenly Father.

Even though we both know this is wrong, this is exactly what it is like listening to your rants and reasons as to why Jesus is God.

It sounds exactly like that WJ. This is the view we get of you, that you obviously cannot see.

Sometimes it is wise to listen to what people say about you.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 23 2011,08:50)

Mike

Did Cyrus say “Come unto me all ye that are heavy laden and “I” will give you rest and eternal life?

WJ

Hi Keith,

I believe we've already discussed the “But Jesus is different” claim.  But if not, then here it is.

If David is a shepherd of Jehovah's people, then David is NOT Jehovah Himself.  If Cyrus is a shepherd of Jehovah's people, then Cyrus is obviously DIFFERENT than David, but STILL not the One who made him a shepherd of His people.  If Jesus was made the shepherd of Jehovah's people, then sure, he is DIFFERENT than both David AND Cyrus, but STILL not the One who placed him as a shepherd over His people.

David was a servant OF Jehovah, so he was NOT Jehovah Himself.  Michael the archangel is a servant OF Jehovah who is not only DIFFERENT than David, but a completely different, more powerful being than David.  But the fact that Michael is a different kind of being and much more powerful than David doesn't mean he IS the God he is the servant OF, right?

Jesus is also a SERVANT of Jehovah who is not only more powerful than David, but even more powerful than Michael the archangel.  But how does Jesus being more powerful than Michael AND David make him the God he is the servant OF?

Where really do you guys come from?  ???  How can the servant OF Jehovah BE Jehovah?  It is beyond me how seemingly intelligent men could even let these illogical, nonsensical words come out of their mouths.  :)

You are truly blinded, Keith.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ June 23 2011,11:38)
    Keith,

Just another feeble attempt by the Bonehead to equate shadow to substance. Christ is explicitly called the substance to which the shadows pointed. The substance is God. Ergo….

Jack

You call ME a “bonehead” when YOU don't even know what the word “Christ” means?   :D  :laugh:  :D

ALL OF Jehovah's christs are someone OTHER THAN and LESSOR TO the God who ANOINTED THEM.  ???

Jack, it is truly a delight to have you back right now, seeing how I just started this thread.  :D

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 300 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account