Believeth on the lord and ye shall be saved

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Hi. I know this topic isn't as heated as the trinity or other topics on here, but I am wondering about John 3:16 and peoples view of it in relation to the book of James, where James says things such as: “Faith without works is dead.”
    If you have faith, then you will have works because of that faith. I get that. But still, there seems to be a common belief that all that's needed is saying: I believe in the Lord. I've met a lot of people that have given me that impression.
    I'm not really sure what my question is. Actually, I'm working on a talk on this subject and was just wanting some outside input.

thanks.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    There is no scriptural basis for “believe and you are saved”. It is a false teaching that will be responsible for the loss of many souls. James says that demons believe and they are not saved.
    The teaching of Jesus Christ is that you must be born again of water and the Spirit to enter the kingdom and no teacher is greater than he. Many have misunderstood Romans 10 as offering another door. They are deceived.
    Read Acts 16 31 and you may think they might be right, but go on further to verse 33 and you will see that verse 31 includes the need for baptismal rebirth. Likwise Acts 19.1f shows the need for receiving new life in the Spirit.

Eliyah
    Participant

Greetings Nick and David,

Nick, concerning this subject ” believing “, we know a person must, but what is the first step in ” believing “, inorder to begin being saved?

I wanted to know your scriptural thoughts, and what is each step including the one I asked ABOVE.

Thanks,

Eliyah C.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Eli,
    The saved in scripture are often called believers. But believing is not all they did. They obeyed the righteous demands of God.
    Rom 10.14
    “How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? how will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written,
    'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things'
    However they did not all heed the good news ;for Isaiah said
    'Lord , who has believed our report?'
    So faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of Christ”
    2Cor 4.5
    ” For we do not preach ourselves[or our denomination] but Christ Jesus as Lord and ourselves as bondservants, for Jesus' sake”

Eliyah
    Participant

Greetings Nick,

You said, “”

Hi Eli,
    The saved in scripture are often called believers. But believing is not all they did. They obeyed the righteous demands of God.
    Rom 10.14
    “How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? how will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written,
    'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things'
    However they did not all heed the good news ;for Isaiah said
    'Lord , who has believed our report?'
    So faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of Christ”
    2Cor 4.5

Now, since YOU brought it up concerning ( Rom.10:14), I would like to bring your attention to what is first required concerning belief and in WHOM.

The Desciple Peter quoted verbatim the Prophet Joel in ( Joel 2:32) when he said in ( Acts 2:21)

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name( not pagan titles) of the Lord(lord== Strongs Hebrew Nums. 3050,3068=YAH)shall be saved or delivered.

Notice he said, “”

And it shall come to pass, that WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL ON THE NAME( YAH–not pagan titles of 'lord and god')SHALL BE SAVED or delivered.

Also, the Desciple Peter explicitly stated in, “”

( Acts 4:10-12) referring to the name YAHU-SHUA( S.E.C.H.3091 from 3068)) Messiah verse 10( not the greek-latin name of je'sus), and Peter said ( Acts 4:12) Neither is there SALVATION in any other( Name or Person): for there is NONE OTHER NAME( YAH–not pagan titles of 'lord and god') under heaven given among men, WHEREBY WE MUST BE SAVED.

Question, Did Peter say, “” that there was none other 'title' to call on to be saved? No.

The Apostle Paul explicitly said the same in ( Romans 10:13), for he too quoted the Prophet Joel verbatim in ( Joel 2:32), but this time Paul asks some very IMPORTANT QUESTIONS concerning the true Name to call on for SALVATION.

Paul asks, “”

( Romans 10:14 )How then shall they( the common people) call on him( YAH) in whom they( the common people) have not believed? and how shall they believe in him( YAH) of whom they( the common people) have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

But, you left out what Paul said in (Rom.10:13) as he too says exactly as Joel in ( Joel 2:32) and Peter in ( Acts 2:21).

Now I ask the SAME QUESTION AS PAUL DID ABOVE TO YOU and everyone else, how can the common people call on Him( YAH- Psalms 68:4), when all the common people have heard is “” pagan titles of lord and god “” instead of His true Name??

Now, I have given you 3 different People( Joel, Peter, and Paul) and 4 different scriptures proving the true NAME( not pagan titles of ' lord and god of Baalim', Jer.23:26-27, Rev.2:14) that one MUST CALL UPON TO BE SAVED AND RECEIVE SALVATION( Joel 2:32),( Acts 2:21),( Acts 4:12),( Romans 10:13).

Good questions of Paul isn't it?

Well, how can the common people call on the true name of HIM( YAH-Psalms 68:4) to believe if they have never even heard His true Name preached as Paul said in ( Rom.10:13-14)??

Notice that in ( Rev.7:2: Rev.14:1; Rev.22:3-4) it is those who are sealed with the FATHER'S NAME( of YAH–not titles)in their foreheads or minds, that get the victory over the beast and satan.

And contrast the ABOVE with ( Jer.10:25) of those who receive YAH'S fury( =the Wrath of the 7 last plaques-see Rev.), that is poured out on the families on this earth, that do not call on His NAME, and does not know Him and His personal Name.

Now what is the first step inorder to BELIEVE?

Well, how can the common people call on the true name of HIM( YAH-Psalms 68:4) to believe if they have never even heard His true Name preached as Paul said in (Joel 2:32; Acts 2:21; Rom.10:13-14)??

Thanks,

Eliyah C.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Eliyah
    What about “abba-Father”?
    Rom 8.15

Eliyah
    Participant

Greetings, Nick,

Does'nt a person have to get to know Him( YAH-Psalms 68:4), and His Personal Name inorder to know Him well enough personally to call Him ” Father “?( Joel 2:32; Acts 2:21; Rom.10:13) .

If a person calls on, and prays to “” Father “”, that person cannot be for certain of WHICH ” father ” he or she is praying to, whether the ” false father satan the devil “( John 8:44), or the ” true Holy FATHER “( John 17:11), if that person does not know the true name of their father.

If you do not know His-the true Holy Fathers true name of YAH, how can you know for certain WHOM you worship and serve?

Even satan the devil is called a ” father “( John 8:44), and the book of Revelation says that in THE LATTER DAYS( and we are certainly living in them now) the earths inhabbatants would be worshipping him-satan( Rev.9:20; Rev.13:3-4, 8) through his-satan's deception( Rev.12:9).

Don't you really believe those scriptures Nick?

No Nick, the first step in believing, is to believe in Him and His true Name( Joel 2:32; Acts 2:21; Rom.10:13) as both Peter and Paul taught, before one can truely call Him “” their Father “”.

Don't you believe both Peter and Paul?

Thanks,

Eliyah C.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Y,
    It is by the Spirit that we know our Father
    Rom 8.13
    ” For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons BY WHICH WE CRY OUT
    “Abba!Father!” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God”

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick, you would do well to re-read my posts again.

There is also ” the spirit of error “( 1 John 4:6), and those who have the spirit of truth hears or understands Yah's words, which you seem to be ignoring in THEE above posts of both Peter and Paul ( Acts 2:21; Rom. 10:13).

If you do not know and believe in His true Name of YAH( Psalms 68:4)who gives that true Holy Spirit, then how can you have His true Holy Spirit in you???

Eliyah on the net!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi E,
    1Jn 4.2
    ” By this you know the spirit of God; every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God”

Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, has come in the flesh. He is not that God come in flesh and he was not created when he was conceived but he existed with the Father from the beginning. Jesus Christ is Lord, Eliyah. Do you agree?

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick, I believe that “” Yahshua” is Messiah, and that He come in the flesh, and that “”

Neither is there SALVATION IN NONE OTHER NAME: FOR THERE IS NONE OTHER NAME( than YAH-shua) WHEREBY WE**MUST BE SAVED **( Acts 4:10-12).

Nick, you have learned well how to teach in titles of “” BAALISM “”, because those ” titles ” you use, are ” titles ” of Baal( Isa. 65:11; Jer.23:26-27; Hosea 2:16-17; Rev.2:14).

Now, go answer all my questions in thee ABOVE POSTS will you?

Eliyah

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Sep. 07 2005,06:22)
    Nick, you would do well to re-read my posts again.

There is also ” the spirit of error “( 1 John 4:6), and those who have the spirit of truth hears or understands Yah's words, which you seem to be ignoring in THEE above posts of both Peter and Paul ( Acts 2:21; Rom. 10:13).

If you do not know and believe in His true Name of YAH( Psalms 68:4)who gives that true Holy Spirit, then how can you have His true Holy Spirit in you???

Eliyah on the net!

Hi Eliyah,
    Both of these scriptures in Rom 10 and Acts 2 quote Joel, and in that context have yet to reach complete fulfillment on the day of the Lord[YHWH]. The scripture was fulfilled only in type at Pentecost.
    Joel 2.30
    ” I will display wonders in the sky and on the earth, blood, fire and columns of smoke.The sun will be turned into darkness and the moon into blood before the great and awesome day of the Lord[YHWH]comes. And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the Lord[YHWH] will be delivered”
    These signs have yet to be seen.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Sep. 07 2005,06:48)
    Nick, I believe that “” Yahshua” is Messiah, and that He come in the flesh, and that “”

Neither is there SALVATION IN NONE OTHER NAME: FOR THERE IS NONE OTHER NAME( than YAH-shua) WHEREBY WE**MUST BE SAVED **( Acts 4:10-12).

Nick, you have learned well how to teach in titles of “” BAALISM “”, because those ” titles ” you use, are ” titles ” of Baal( Isa. 65:11; Jer.23:26-27; Hosea 2:16-17; Rev.2:14).

Eliyah

Hi E,
    If you have something so important to teach, and I am not saying you do not, why are you so impatient with us who are trying to sort out the truth of this matter?

Eliyah
    Participant

Sorry Nick for seeming so impatient, but time is very short, and people better be like the Bareans, and get their priorities of scripture in the correct perspective as pertaing to receiving salvation

But, people really should consider the above posts and scriptures FIRST.

Thanks,

Eliyah

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Eliyah,
    Yes I am grateful for you bringing it up for consideration.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Sep. 07 2005,06:48)

Eliyah

Hi Eliyah,
    Acts 4.12
    ” And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name UNDER HEAVEN that has been given AMONG MEN, by which we must be saved”
    All words are important in scripture.

Eliyah
    Participant

Yes Nick, I agree that all words are important in scriptures too, but I was mainly giving you the JEST IMPORTANCE of a believer having to first KNOW the true Names to begin to receive salvation.

But, if the common people have NEVER heard the true Name as Paul asked ( Rom.10:9-14) how can they-the common people believe in HIM, if they have NEVER heard it before ??

Eliyah C.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah
    Rom 1.18
    ” For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth of the gospel in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them;for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen, being understood through what is made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God , they did not honor Him as God, or give thanks”
    Now show me where the name of God is vital to Godly worship here?

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick, I already gave you the scriptures above, but you seem hell bent on ignoring them.

Paul doesn't have to mention it in EVERYONE OF HIS TEXTS does he?

If you want to continue to worship satan the devil( Rev.9:20; Rev.13:3-4, 8) through satan's deception( Rev.12:9) then have at it!!!

But, remember, I warned you of it, as that is my duty and purpose.

Eliyah on the net!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    These quotes from Revelation refer to the time of the great tribulation when God's people will have been taken to a place of safety. So why to you refer these verses to everyone now?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account