Before Abraham was, I am.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 463 total)
  • Author
    shimmer
    Participant

Finally someone who speaks sense.!

Pastry
    Participant

Hi shimmer! Just want to say Hi… I dont come on here to often any longer… How are you….. Georg comes here more now then I do…There are so real funny people on chess,com, and I do play the game too….laughter right now is important to me…since Debbie our Daughter-In-Law died and our Great granddaughter, I have been rather emotional about that, andlaughter is good for me….take care…Love Irene

shimmer
    Participant

Irene! How are you? Well good on you. Glad to hear you're keeping well and busy. Much love to you Irene!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    Good to hear you again.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Spirit spoke through the pure vessel of Jesus.
    The Word was before Abraham

shimmer
    Participant

Sounds like common sense to me Nick!

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Feb. 07 2012,13:19)
    Hi shimmer!  Just want to say Hi… I dont come on here to often any longer… How are you….. Georg comes here more now then I do…There are so real funny people on chess,com, and I do play the game too….laughter right now is important to me…since Debbie our Daughter-In-Law died and our Great granddaughter, I have been rather emotional about that, andlaughter is good for me….take care…Love Irene

Hi Irene..

There was a rich arab that had a blood disorder,and is looking for a donor,but there is none that have that same blood.

Then, they found a scotchman that has his type of blood.
    the arab ask the man if he would donate;and the man said yes.

The arab was healed,and gave the scotchman,a bmw car,diamonds and lots of money.

years later the arab got sick again,and ask the man if he would do it again; and he said yes yes.

But the scotsman was very supprised of what he was given this time; a bucket, full of candles?
    He aked the arab; Why?

And the arab replied; ahh, I have scottish blood now.

hope you are laughing.

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 06 2012,19:51)
    Hi MB,
    Should we listen to Tertullian?

Only if what he says matches what the scriptures say, Nick.

Well? Does not scripture say that all things come FROM our God and THROUGH our Lord, Jesus? Are they the same person, or different ones like Tertullian said?

Proclaimer
    Participant

It is secondary on who said it and much more weighty if what was said is true.
    If we are free in Christ, we are free from the shackles of denominations and following people.
    That means we are also free to hear truth no matter who speaks it.
    The most important thing is that truth was around before the person spoke it.
    Therefore truth stands above a persons character and is worthy of being repeated no matter who first spoke it.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 07 2012,19:51)
    Hi MB,
    Should we listen to Tertullian?
    All God does is by His Spirit

Nick

yes God is the ultimate God and father BUT ;Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
    Col 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,

Pierre

Marlin1
    Participant

That is the same as I see it Nick. Very unpopular stance, but truth just the same.

Marlin

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Feb. 08 2012,17:38)
    That is the same as I see it Nick.  Very unpopular stance, but truth just the same.

Marlin

marlin

Very unpopular stance, but truth just the same.

????????????????????????????????????

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Marlin1 @ Feb. 07 2012,17:38)
    That is the same as I see it Nick.  Very unpopular stance, but truth just the same.

Marlin

To what do you refer, Marlin?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    The whole work is of God from start to finish.
    Men are blessed to be chosen as servants.
    Vessels to be cleansed and filled and used.

Jn1 12-13
    2Tim 2.20f

Marlin1
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You speak of Jesus CHRIST.
    God gave this man the fulness of His Spirit
    God was in the anointed one from the Jordan reconciling the world to Himself.

Hi MB,
    Indeed the WORD was with God and was GOD.
    That WORD was made flesh.

But men highlight the flesh and not the Spirit/Word

Mike,
    This is what I agreed to.  Sorry I didn't post the Nick's quotes before.

Marlin

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 12 2011,19:07)
    then who is that GOD that appreared to moses ang other prophets?

Jammin.
    Do you believe in Jesus or dont you?

HE SAID; NO MAN HAS SEEN GOD AT ANY TIME ,OR SEEN HIS SHAPE OR HEARD HIS VOICE.
    God has messengers(angels);and prophets;and Jesus.
    Jesus had apostles; and today we have the Holy bible,and a few true teachers.

We can be our own teacher if we honestly seek with our heart,and the holy spirit will be send to you also.

wakeup.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The invisible God appears in vessels.
    He often appeared through the Angel of the Lord.
    In the NT, the Angel of the Lord is not mentioned as such, but God appears through Jesus Christ as he is the image of the invisible God.

God can even be even seen in creation itself.

However, no man can see God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Marlin1 @ Feb. 08 2012,19:21)

Indeed the WORD was with God and was GOD.

Mike,
    This is what I agreed to.  Sorry I didn't post the Nick's quotes before.

Marlin

Hi Marlin,

I hope that both you and Nick (and even t8) will join Wakeup, me, and some others in the thread entitled “For Wakeup”.

I have just begun to discuss John 1:1, and how it is impossible for it to say “and the Word was God” – as if the Word was the BEING of “God”.

Please join us there.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    The Lord is the Spirit.
    The Spirit is of God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 09 2012,01:46)
    However, no man can see God.

Hey t8,

I just happened to be reading Hosea today.  Remember when Jack was insisting that Jacob wrestled God Himself and saw Him face to face?

Hosea 12
    3 In the womb he grasped his brother’s heel;
      as a man he struggled with God.
    4 He struggled with the angel and overcame him;
      he wept and begged for his favor.

Yet Jack insists upon keeping his silly signature which was designed to insult me – despite the fact that it is really just another case of “Open mouth, insert foot” for him.  :)

Anyway, to those of you who don't yet know, the underlying truth of this thread is:

Trinitarians try hard to use John 8:58 as a “Jesus is God” proof text.  Yet I have researched and discovered that each and every time in the OT where Jehovah claimed to BE Jehovah, the Hebrew words are “aniy yhwh”, meaning “I am I AM”.

Jesus never said the words “I am I AM”.

And when Jesus said “I am with you” in John 14:9, virtually every translation renders that phrase as “I have been with you”, so that it makes more sense to us in English.

If the Trinitarians were to translate truthfully, they would translate John 8:58 the same way they translate 14:9 – like the NWT does:

John 8:58 NWT
    Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU, Before Abraham came into existence, I have been.”

That is the true meaning of what Jesus was teaching, and is the correct translation of the Greek words into English.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 463 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account