Before Abraham was, I am.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 463 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

Though you keep posting responses, you have yet to identify what
    the “FIRE” is in either verse; which is the only question I have asked.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

jammin
    Participant

i have posted my answers.

can you read that a son of GOD can be burned in the fire according to zec 3:2??

you are just making conclusion.
    that's not the meaning of the verse.

i answered already your question.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

You still haven't identified what the FIRE is in either verse.
    Though I think it's funny, I think Mike is going to get pissed,
    when he looks at this thread and sees four pages of 'squag'.

God bless

jammin
    Participant

Zechariah 3:2

King James Version (KJV)

2And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

“plucked out of the fire “
    meaning – THAT GOD REACH IN AND PULL OUT JERUSALEM

read the verse, it says PLUCKED OUT OF THE FIRE

Isaiah 30:14

King James Version (KJV)

14And he shall break it as the breaking of the potters' vessel that is broken in pieces; he shall not spare: so that there shall not be found in the bursting of it a sherd to take fire from the hearth, or to take water withal out of the pit.

look at the verse again,

it says, TO TAKE FIRE FROM THE HEARTH.

the meaning of TO TAKE FIRE FROM THE HEARTH IS
    to be swept up and thrown in the trash

again, do not use zec 3:2 just to say that a son of GOD can be burned in the fire. that's not the meaning of the verse. you cant read that in zec 3:2.. it's just your opinion.

jammin
    Participant

edj can you read your opinion in zec 3:2
    you said a son of GOD can be burned in the fire.

where can i read that in zec 3:2????
    hahahahhaha :D :D :D :D :D

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

You have no idea what the fire is in either verse, right?
    Your lack of identifying the fire is proof of this.

If you don't know what the fire is, how
    can you understand the verse?

And if you understand the verse,
    how can you not know what the fire is?

God bless

jammin
    Participant

i posted my explantions, and i dont need to repeat them. it seems that you did not read all of my explanations.

you show me where can i read in zec 3:2 that a son of God can be burned? is that the meaning of the verse.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 18 2012,01:07)
    i posted my explantions, and i dont need to repeat them. it seems that you did not read all of my explanations.

you show me where can i read in zec 3:2 that a son of God can be burned? is that the meaning of the verse.

Hi Jammin, I did read every post.

“Plucked out of”   …does not tell me what the fire is in Zech 3:2?

“to be swept up”   …does not tell me what the fire is in Isaiah 30:14?

So how exactly did you tell me what the “FIRE” was in those verses?

God bless

jammin
    Participant

EDJ said:
    Hi Jammin,

Actually a “son of God” can be burned in the fire, see Zech 3:2.
    “is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?” (Zech 3:2)
    Notice how it doesn't say kept out of the fire?

is that the real meaning of the verse EDJ??? a son of God can be burned in the fire?? does it mean that joshua suffered from the fire literally and GOD pulled him out?

or was it an illustration to show that GOD has secured them from everlasting destruction?
    New Century Version (NCV)
    2 The Lord said to Satan, “The Lord says no to you, Satan! The Lord who has chosen Jerusalem says no to you! This man was like a burning stick pulled from the fire.”

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

Talking to you is like talking to 'a used shoe salesman'.

God bless

jammin
    Participant

eternal fire edj where satan is destined,

i got your point now.
    but this verse is saying that GOD has secured them to the everlasting destruction. a son of GOD cannot be burned in the fire.

A converted soul is a brand plucked out of the fire by a miracle of free grace, therefore shall not be left a prey to Satan.

in IS 30:14 the fire there Signifying that the destruction of the wicked will be without recovery.

it's not referring to the sons of GOD. but to a rebel generation, a people who lie, a people unwilling to listen to GOD. see verse 8-11

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

What does this verse mean?   …as in what “FIRE” is this?
    “Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have
    chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.” (Isaiah 48:10)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 18 2012,01:51)
    eternal fire edj where satan is destined,

i got your point now.
    but this verse is saying that GOD has secured them to the everlasting destruction. a son of GOD cannot be burned in the fire.

A converted soul is a brand plucked out of the fire by a miracle of free grace, therefore shall not be left a prey to Satan.

in IS 30:14 the fire there Signifying that the destruction of the wicked will be without recovery.

it's not referring to the sons of GOD. but to a rebel generation, a people who lie, a people unwilling to listen to GOD. see verse 8-11

Hi Jammin,

So “plucked out of the fire” actually means
    'I will prevented you from going into';
    is this what you're telling me?

God bless

jammin
    Participant

Isaiah 48:10
    Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
    10 “Look, I will make you pure,
    but not in the way you make silver pure.
    I will make you pure by giving you troubles.

God had in a manner rejected Israel, and therefore it was necessary he should chuse and try this people a second time.

jammin
    Participant

zec 3:2
    GOD saved the city – like a burning stick pulled from the fire
    Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
    2 Then the angel of the LORD said, “The LORD says that you are wrong, and he will continue to correct you! The LORD has chosen Jerusalem to be his special city. He saved that city—it was like a burning stick pulled from the fire.”

God is determined to preserve them. he had has mercy upon them and forgvn them their sins.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

So the fire in Isaiah 48:10 is troubles?  What is the fire that they are burned in, in Isaiah 33:12?

Isaiah 33:11-12  Ye shall conceive chaff, ye shall bring forth stubble: your breath, as fire, shall devour you.
    12 And the people shall be as the burnings of lime: as thorns cut up shall they be burned in the fire.”

God bless

jammin
    Participant

It is a fire that shall never be quenched, nor ever go out of itself; it is the wrath of an ever-living God preying on the conscience of a never-dying soul.

Isaiah 33:11-12
    New Life Version (NLV)
    11 You bring life to what is of no worth. You give birth to what is of no use. My breath will destroy you like a fire. 12 The people will be burned to white dust, like thorns cut down and burned in the fire.

it is for the sinners and not for the people who will obey GOD
    14 Sinners in Zion are filled with fear. The sinful shake with fear. They cry, “Who among us can live with the fire that destroys? Who among us can live with the fire that burns forever?” 15 He who walks with God, and whose words are good and honest, he who will not take money received from wrong-doing, and will not receive money given in secret for wrong-doing, he who stops his ears from hearing about killing, and shuts his eyes from looking at what is sinful,

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Job 2:1 NETBible ©
    Again the day came when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also arrived among them to present himself before the Lord.

Jammin, in the verse above, WHO exactly came before the Lord?  The SONS OF GOD, right?

And what were they there to do?  Present themselves before the Lord, right?

And who was AMONG the SONS OF GOD?  Satan, right?

And what was Satan there to do?  Present himself before the Lord – JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER SONS OF GOD HE ARRIVED WITH, right?

If God created Satan, then Satan is God's son.  One doesn't stop being the son of their father just because they mess up.  Every human and angel is a son of God, it's just that, like with almost every family, some sons make their father proud, while other sons disappoint their father.

But Satan is truly a son of God, like all angels – whether good or bad.  You can believe it or not.

jammin
    Participant

i already told you about this mike. that sons of GOD refers to the divine beings. is satan divine?

Again the day came when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also arrived among them to present himself before the Lord.

did you see the word AND??

it does not say that satan is a part of that group AS SON OF GOD. i do not need your opinion mike.

read it!

Job 2:1

Common English Bible (CEB)

Job 2
    Job’s Adversary refuses to give up
    1 One day the divine beings came to present themselves before the LORD. The Adversary also came among them to present himself before the LORD.

:D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

So ALL the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord. Satan came AMONG them to present himself before the Lord, but wasn't one of them? :)

Keep dreaming, Sunshine.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 463 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account