Basics

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Olive,
    Salvation is a free gift, not due to anything we have done but by coming into the inheritance won for men by Christ's perfect observation of the Law and the sacrifice of the lamb for Jew and Gentile. None can boast of any righteousness of his own but only wear the robe of righteousness of the Son.

The elect are led to obedience to God's simple requirements that they repent and be born of water and the Spirit into Christ and then submission to that Spirit and feeding on the Word. Then they are given tasks in his body to fulfill in his strength working our their salvation.

olive
    Participant

hey nick,

Ah the elect………..Can this honor that is bestowed upon us be lost? Truly, I believe no, it cannot.

I believe that it will soon come a time, where the spirit is all that we will have, that HIS word will only be what we have in our heart, that we will not have the scriptures to search for our answers.

Rev 3:8 I have known thy works; lo, I have set before thee a door–opened, and no one is able to shut it, because thou hast a little power, and didst keep my word, and didst not deny my name;

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Olive,
    Certainly the elect seems to refer to those who have followed grace unto salvation. God will never reject those vessels cleansed and used for His purposes. We should become as Paul was, knowing the Word, even if not knowing always where exactly it is written.

Hebrews 2:6
    But one has testified somewhere, saying,” WHAT IS MAN, THAT YOU REMEMBER HIM?OR THE SON OF MAN, THAT YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT HIM?
    Hebrews 4:4
    For He has said somewhere concerning the seventh day: ” AND GOD RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS”;

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi olive.

So Nick is an abomination to God and you use Luke 16:15 as proof.

Is that the message you bring?
    Is this what you have brought for us from your heart?

Perhaps I got the wrong message from your post?

olive
    Participant

t8, hey

from my heart,

The scripture and words Nick presented to me could have not been more needed, a touching of the spirit.

I went back and re read my post, and the post is what I was feeling today.
    At times I am in fear and trembling, and other times I find myself high and mighty, not fearing at all.

Today has been a spiritual warfare day, I don't know if anyone else has this, because it is so easy to show our 'perfect' side, while on line.

I do not find Nick to be an abomination to the Father or Son, I am sure he will be called; my well and faithful servant when the time comes, as well as many on this forum.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Olive,
    1Jn 4
    ” 18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. ”

May God minister His love towards you today without measure.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (olive @ Nov. 20 2006,21:17)
    t8, hey

from my heart,

The scripture and words Nick presented to me could have not been more needed, a touching of the spirit.

I went back and re read my post, and the post is what I was feeling today.
    At times I am in fear and trembling, and other times I find myself high and mighty, not fearing at all.

Today has been a spiritual warfare day, I don't know if anyone else has this, because it is so easy to show our 'perfect' side, while on line.

I do not find Nick to be an abomination to the Father or Son, I am sure he will be called; my well and faithful servant when the time comes, as well as many on this forum.

OK olive, thanks for your post and words.

:)

Harmony
    Participant

Ok… if this is the wrong place to say it, forgive me.
    I do though have to say that this board, from what I have read so far, is above and beyond the last place that I spent time.
    So I thank all of you collectively.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Hi and welcome.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

amen. Welcome.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    These are the basics of our faith.
    Heb 6
    1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

3And this will we do, if God permit.

Not3in1
    Participant

So perhaps we are being told that the details of doctrine are not what saves us. Indeed, maybe the only “basic” is knowing that there is One true God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    ” Believe in God, believe also in me..”

Not3in1
    Participant

Ah…..yes.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..> Jesus' life was all about God the Father in everything He did. Jesus said the words i am speaking are not mine but the words of Him who sent me, and again He who believes in me does not believe in me but Him who sent me. Jesus was all about the Father and charged us to be the same way. There is only one God and One mederator between God and Man, the MAN Jesus the Christ. Its all about the one and only True God. I am glad we have believers who understand that here.

peace to you all…………gene

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 25 2008,10:53)
    Ah…..yes.

What makes it iteresting is that some will deny all to feel free.
    Why is that? Free of what? I wish I could understand that theory.
    I am more then willing to belong to God. And God the Father has given me to Jesus. Jesus said He will not loose me. So I feel safe. In today's world many will come in Christs name and will deceive many. Satan is having a field day.
    So what does feeling free do? Will that open our minds to Satan to come in? That my friend is a big Question, is'nt it.
    So, is it better to give up all to feel free. I do't think so.

Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 24 2008,08:36)
    Heb 6
    1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection;
    not laying again

the foundation of repentance from dead works,

and of faith toward God,

2Of the doctrine of baptisms,

and of laying on of hands,

and of resurrection of the dead,

and of eternal judgment.

Hi Mrs,
    Compare the teaching here with the popular
    “believe and you are saved”
    or
    “invite Jesus into your heart and you are saved”
    doctrines

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 24 2008,10:12)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 24 2008,08:36)
    Heb 6
    1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection;
    not laying again

the foundation of repentance from dead works,

and of faith toward God,

2Of the doctrine of baptisms,

and of laying on of hands,

and of resurrection of the dead,

and of eternal judgment.

Hi Mrs,
    Compare the teaching here with the popular
    “believe and you are saved”
    or
    “invite Jesus into your heart and you are saved”
    doctrines

Nick Don't you know that I have done so. Hello this is me who wrote the Covenant tread etc.
    The last post is rather confusing I agree. Let me explain. i went on kejonn's website and Mandy had put up a post where she states that she gave up everything and now feels free. That is why I asked those question. It was really for Her, knowing that she will lurk on here and she will see it. She also said that she has given up posting on here. Lets see if she will post again since I am challenging Her now.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Proclaimer
    Participant

seek and you will find, I don't think Nick was judging you. I think he was making a general statement in line of what you were saying.

Maybe I am wrong, but when I read his post it didn't come across as questioning your salvation IMHO.

NickHassan
    Participant

yessir

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account