Basic logic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 248 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

It is the Spirit that teaches. It is for others to judge if the case I make comes from the Spirit or from flesh.

princess
    Participant

seduced by the whore and her slut daughters teachings.

tell me more……………

Dear Princess,

Why should you trust the twisted logic of all this religious philosophizing when you can come home to Rome and have your girly God.You can have your bread and eat it too.

……. again will decline.

It would not be needed if we had not forgotten so much.

who forgot, Kerwin.

T,

I was wrong, I’m sorry. I think Andrew is running around cutting chicken’s head off.

*did you hear that, that’s were I’m at, the sound of my heart breaking. 🙂 will always love u T.

kerwin
    Participant

Princess,

Those that claim to follow the Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Yes.

terraricca
    Participant

hi princess

T,

I was wrong, I’m sorry. I think Andrew is running around cutting chicken’s head off.

*did you hear that, that’s were I’m at, the sound of my heart breaking. 🙂 will always love u T.

that’s ok ,no arm done ,just always stick with those that really can help you GOD and Jesus and THE TRUTH the word of God ,you will be always safe,

failing to do just that you also will run like a chicken without a head , love U in Christ always

Proclaimer
    Participant

Princess, apparently T8 hears those bells too by saying we can “honour” or worship saints in the same way as Christ

@AndrewAD
    , I am going to prove to yourself (if you are honest) that you are not opposing me, but scripture.

If you do not accept these scriptures then you simply reject what is written in the Bible, it is as simple as that.

Matthew 14:33
    Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

Q: What did they worship Jesus as?
    A: The son of God. NOT as God.

Revelation 5: 12-14
    12 In a loud voice they sang: “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!”
    13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!”
    14 The four living creatures said, “Amen,” and the elders fell down and worshiped.

Above we can see that God is worshipped as God and Jesus as the Lamb OF God. There are two being honoured. If Jesus is God, then who is the Lamb?

Q: So where is it recorded that Jesus was worshipped as the Almighty God?
    A: NOWHERE, but your own head Andrew AD.

Shachah is the word used for “worship” in the OT. It means:

• worship
    • bow / bow down
    • obeisance
    • reverence
    • fall down / stoop / crouch

“Shachah” is also translated as worshiped in the following verse:

Genesis 24:26
    Then the man bowed down and worshiped the LORD,

It is also used in 1 Kings 1:23 and translated as “bowed”.
    And they told the king, saying, Behold Nathan the prophet. And when he was come in before the king, he bowed himself before the king with his face to the ground.

So most verses that talk about worship are exclusively talking about worship of God. Other verses talk about (but do not encourage) worship toward idols or other gods. But there is also a legitimate use for worship/honour  Jesus as the son of God, or worship/honour David as the King of Israel, or worship/honour toward others for noble reasons such as people in government. The next verse proves my statement:

Revelation 3:9
    Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

So when you see the word worship with regards to God, Jesus, King David, overcomers etc, think of the word honour and praise. Jesus, King David, and those who are overcomers can be honoured and praised for what and who they are. But we do not honour/praise/worship any of them as God. Only God is worshipped as God and if we honour God then it should be the highest honour we can give to anyone, hence worship/honour of God is only different in that he should be honoured more than all others and this would usually involve being prostrate or bowing down before him in absolute praise and regard.

The worship of Jesus as the son of God doesn’t and never has supported the view that Jesus is God. The “Jesus is God because he is worhipped” argument falls over when it is tested.

As believers, we should honour Jesus as the son of God. We should not honour him as the Almighty God because there is only one who is the Almighty God, and that is the Father. We do not honour two Gods, but one who is God, the Father who is the only true God.

Finally, we can honour our parents, praise our kids, and worship God. And this can be expressed in scripture using the very same word. This does not make us and our children God. Once again, context is everything.

Sometimes you just need to dig a little deeper to see the truth.

terraricca
    Participant

so how should we really understand to worship God differently from all others ?

AndrewAD
    Participant

Dear T8,

No I am not opposing you but worship you for opening my mind to scripture. And here is a question for you;is Jesus Christ whom you worship greater than King David,or your mother,or other prophets? Do you consider him greater than the other humans you worship? is he on a higher celestial plane than other humans?  if so then does that make him a demi-god or lesser God? why not? why should all knees bow and confess to him when Isiah claims this for God alone and that his god won’t give his glory to another? Will you bow your knee to one god or two? it’s as simple as that.

And the verse you quote from Revelations 5:12-14 has them worshiping both God and the lamb equally.And isn’t it claimed earlier in Revelations that Christ sits on God’s throne?

AndrewAD
    Participant

Princess, my point in speaking of the whore and her daughters was to show those who speak of the RC church that way that they use the same theological arguments on many points just the same as the one they claim to despise.In doing so they show they are her daughters too. Why call your mother names and still follow her so hypocritically? People criticize RCC for worshiping various beings yet T8 says it’s okay too. And many here use the same apologetics as RCC  concerning various scriptural dilemmas and contradictions.

I was being facetious in calling thee home to Rome but at the same time also being realistic.God can  be seen as a holy mother and not necessarily as Mary but Mary can  be seen that way too. Are you disgusted by the misogyny of the bible and religion? I am too.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

Yes the whore has poisoned the food of her children.

Go to the  Source.

terraricca
    Participant

kw

It is the Spirit that teaches. It is for others to judge if the case I make comes from the Spirit or from flesh.

this is not so ;read this carefully ;

1Co 3:1 Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly—mere infants in Christ.
    1Co 3:2 I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready.
    1Co 3:3 You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men?
    1Co 3:4 For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere men?
    1Co 3:5 What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task.
    1Co 3:6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow.
    1Co 3:7 So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.
    1Co 3:8 The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor.
    1Co 3:9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building.
    1Co 3:10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should be careful how he builds.
    1Co 3:11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
    1Co 3:12 If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw,
    1Co 3:13 his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man’s work.
    1Co 3:14 If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward.
    1Co 3:15 If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.
    1Co 3:16 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you?
    1Co 3:17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him; for God’s temple is sacred, and you are that temple.
    1Co 3:18 Do not deceive yourselves. If any one of you thinks he is wise by the standards of this age, he should become a “fool” so that he may become wise.
    1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”;
    1Co 3:20 and again, “The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile.”
    1Co 3:21 So then, no more boasting about men! All things are yours,

2CO 2:17 For we are not like many, peddling the word of God, but as from sincerity, but as from God, we speak in Christ in the sight of God.

Jn 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”

this mean that unless we live by the truth we will never get the light (understanding of the scriptures truth)

kerwin
    Participant

terrarica,

Jesus claims the Spirit teaches and one of his apostles teach that we are to test the spirit of what we hear so what I wrote is from Scripture and Scripture does not conflict with itself.

I certainly do not see where you believe those words from 1 Corinthians 3 disagree with what I said and I will address your words as they seem off topic.

Please point out what you see in that passage that disagrees with my words and then perhaps I connection how your words are not off topic.

terraricca
    Participant

kw

never mind

kerwin
    Participant

terraricca,

As you say.

Proclaimer
    Participant

No I am not opposing you but worship you for opening my mind to scripture. And here is a question for you;is Jesus Christ whom you worship greater than King David,or your mother,or other prophets? Do you consider him greater than the other humans you worship? is he on a higher celestial plane than other humans?  if so then does that make him a demi-god or lesser God? why not? why should all knees bow and confess to him when Isiah claims this for God alone and that his god won’t give his glory to another? Will you bow your knee to one god or two? it’s as simple as that.

And the verse you quote from Revelations 5:12-14 has them worshiping both God and the lamb equally.And isn’t it claimed earlier in Revelations that Christ sits on God’s throne?

The word worship can mean honour. That is the word I prefer because honouring God involves being prostrate on the floor, while honouring say my mother is not that extreme. As for Jesus, he gets the most honour of all from me except the honour I have for his Father and his God.

And as for the worship of God and the Lamb, well the truth is in the sentence. God AND the Lamb.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8……I do not believe the word worship is the same as honoring, worship goes beyond just honoring brother.IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Doesn’t matter what you believe because the point is that the worship and honour is the same word in scripture.

The Hebrew word shachah and the Greek word proskuneo account for more than 80% of the translated word for ‘worship’ in most English bibles.

It is applied to God, Jesus, and men legitimately and to false gods with negative connotations.

Many have been taught for years that only God can be worshipped. This is not entirely true.

Rather, the correct thing to state is only the Father should be worshipped as God.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

We have connotations for words and worship is one that our culture has the connotation that it only applies to God. In a thesaurus we are told it is a synonym of honor. Some versions of Scripture use worship where our culture would use honor. I think t8 is basing his understanding on the use of the word worship by those versions. He may have consulted a thesaurus or dictionary as well.

princess
    Participant

Andrew never consider your point of view, nevertheless in context you are correct. Then again, all religions are based lined the same. someone   is always in the middle of it; Mohammad, Buddha, Brahma, Saints and yes even Christ. Interesting thought.

my deepest apologies for mis-understanding.

re: misogyny. Have not yet decided either it is priori or posteriori that caused my thoughts to change about religion. I can pull from both.

princess
    Participant

that’s ok ,no arm done ,just always stick with those that really can help you GOD and Jesus and THE TRUTH the word of God ,you will be always safe,

T,  you know full well I am not going to do that. Thank you. I do know that you are sincere in your advise.

failing to do just that you also will run like a chicken without a head , love U in Christ always

in all honesty T once I pulled away from Christianity is when the running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off stopped!

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 248 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account