Attn mikeboll: listen to you nwt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 114 total)
  • Author

TO ALL:

Even the NWT which is non-trinitarian translates Colossians correctly regarding Christ being the REALITY.

Therefore, let no man judge YOU in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of the sabbath; for those things are a shadow of those things to come, but the REALITY belongs to Christ.

Colossians 2:16-17 NWT

The sabbath rest was the shadow and Christ is the REALITY. He is not the mere basis of our rest. He IS our rest! His being the REALITY makes Him God.

This is a no brainer.

Roo

mikeboll64
    Blocked

This thread is a diversion and pointless. Nothing you posted nor nothing the scripture says implies that Jesus is God Almighty.

Answer my huge question from the other post, Jack. In fact, answer ANY point I've made. You never really do. You just keep starting more and more diversion threads.

Why don't you stand and defend the first claim you make before diverting to many others?

mike

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 23 2011,02:41)
    This thread is a diversion and pointless.  Nothing you posted nor nothing the scripture says implies that Jesus is God Almighty.

Answer my huge question from the other post, Jack.  In fact, answer ANY point I've made.  You never really do.  You just keep starting more and more diversion threads.

Why don't you stand and defend the first claim you make before diverting to many others?

mike

This topic is to the point for the word “God” by itself is a meaningless term. Predicates are needed to define what God is.

For instance, God IS rest. Christ is rest. You just don't want accept the CLEAR and NECESSARY inference.

Paul said that the sabbath rest was a shadow and that the REALITY is of Christ. Therefore, Christ Himself is the source of our rest. If He the source of our rest then He is God.

The scripture is not bound by your mandate to say the words “Christ is God Almighty.”

Major premise: God Almighty is our rest.
    Minor premise: Christ is our rest
    Conclusion: Therefore, Christ is God Almighty.

Think man think!

Roo

princess
    Participant

jack,

purely it is shown you do not understand sabbath. sabbath is preparation for the time appointed. as christ spoke be prepared for the time appointed.

are you alright with this understanding, or should we go further. your stirring jack, it is good, something has been anointed over you. it is good to see.

refer to hebrews also.

take care jack, and much love.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Jan. 23 2011,03:48)
    This topic is to the point for the word “God” by itself is a meaningless term. Predicates are needed to define what God is.

For instance, God IS rest. Christ is rest. You just don't want accept the CLEAR and NECESSARY inference.

This topic is to the point for the word “God” by itself is a meaningless term.

Thank you! So when Jesus is referred to as “elohim”, it is NOT any kind of proof that he is God Almighty.

Yes Jack. God is good, Jesus is good, therefore Jesus is God. God is savior, Jesus is savior, therefore Jesus is God. God is Lord, Jesus is Lord, therefore Jesus is God.

But more than just Jesus and God are “good”. More than just Jesus and God are saviors. More than just Jesus and God are Lords.

And what about the fact that God is UNBEGOTTEN and Jesus IS begotten? What about the fact that sons come forth FROM their fathers? What about the fact that Jesus is to this day a SERVANT OF his God? What about the

You only want to look at, like 5% of the scriptures and ignore the rest of them.

The argument you make is weak here. Better for you to discuss the Sabbath with princess on this thread – because your scripture doesn't come close to saying “Jesus is God Almighty”.

peace and love,
    mike

KangarooJack
    Participant

Mike said:

Thank you!  So when Jesus is referred to as “elohim”, it is NOT any kind of proof that he is God Almighty.

Poor try Mike. I am not arguing from the word “God” alone in reference to Jesus. I am not one dimensional in my thinking as you are. I am arguing from the fact that qualities which belong to God are also attributed to Jesus. Therefore, He is God in the most eminent sense of the term. Just more of your smokescreens Mike.

Yes Jack.  God is good, Jesus is good, therefore Jesus is God.  God is savior, Jesus is savior, therefore Jesus is God.  God is Lord, Jesus is Lord, therefore Jesus is God.

More than just Jesus and God are saviors.  More than just Jesus and God are Lords.

Wow! So when God said, “Besides me there is no Savior” He was wrong? Show in scripture where any other person is identified as the “REALITY.” JA left saying that WJ and I are running a truck through your arguments and he was more right then he knew. You are getting worse. Once you said that there were more saviors than Jesus. But now you say that there are more saviors than God too. It's no wonder that your own JW people say that you are of the “evil slave class.” You will say ANYTHING to avoid the truth. You're running from the truth Mike!

And what about the fact that God is UNBEGOTTEN and Jesus IS begotten?

You already know where I stand. Jesus was “begotten” at His exaltation (Ps. 2; Acts 3; Heb. 1). He did not “come into being.” God said that there were no gods “formed” besides Him or that “came to be” after Him.

The argument you make is weak here.  Better for you to discuss the Sabbath with princess on this thread – because your scripture doesn't come close to saying “Jesus is God Almighty”.

If my argument is “weak” then shoot it down. I noticed that you defer to princess. Even the NWT which you trust says that Christ is the “REALITY.” The sabbtah rest was the shadow and Christ is the REALITY. Therefore, Christ is our Rest.

your scripture doesn't come close to saying “Jesus is God Almighty”

It says that Christ is the REALITY. If He is not God, then it is saying that Jesus is our rest and God is not. Can you live with that?  

Believe in God, believe ALSO in Me” John 14:1

Jesus said to believe in Him “also.” This would be idolatry by your standards would it not?

Jack

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Jan. 22 2011,15:43)
    Mike said:

Thank you!  So when Jesus is referred to as “elohim”, it is NOT any kind of proof that he is God Almighty.

Poor try Mike. I am not arguing from the word “God” alone in reference to Jesus. I am not one dimensional in my thinking as you are. I am arguing from the fact that qualities which belong to God are also attributed to Jesus. Therefore, He is God in the most eminent sense of the term. Just more of your smokescreens Mike.

Yes Jack.  God is good, Jesus is good, therefore Jesus is God.  God is savior, Jesus is savior, therefore Jesus is God.  God is Lord, Jesus is Lord, therefore Jesus is God.

More than just Jesus and God are saviors.  More than just Jesus and God are Lords.

Wow! So when God said, “Besides me there is no Savior” He was wrong? Show in scripture where any other person is identified as the “REALITY.” JA left saying that WJ and I are running a truck through your arguments and he was more right then he knew. You are getting worse. Once you said that there were more saviors than Jesus. But now you say that there are more saviors than God too. It's no wonder that your own JW people say that you are of the “evil slave class.” You will say ANYTHING to avoid the truth. You're running from the truth Mike!

And what about the fact that God is UNBEGOTTEN and Jesus IS begotten?

You already know where I stand. Jesus was “begotten” at His exaltation (Ps. 2; Acts 3; Heb. 1). He did not “come into being.” God said that there were no gods “formed” besides Him or that “came to be” after Him.

The argument you make is weak here.  Better for you to discuss the Sabbath with princess on this thread – because your scripture doesn't come close to saying “Jesus is God Almighty”.

If my argument is “weak” then shoot it down. I noticed that you defer to princess. Even the NWT which you trust says that Christ is the “REALITY.” The sabbtah rest was the shadow and Christ is the REALITY. Therefore, Christ is our Rest.

your scripture doesn't come close to saying “Jesus is God Almighty”

It says that Christ is the REALITY. If He is not God, then it is saying that Jesus is our rest and God is not. Can you live with that?  

Jesus said to believe in Him “also.” This would be idolatry by your standards would it not?

Jack

Jack

Excellent!

Blessings Keith

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Jan. 23 2011,07:43)

Wow! So when God said, “Besides me there is no Savior” He was wrong?

He actually says, “APART FROM ME, there is no savior”.

God said that there were no gods “formed” besides Him or that “came to be” after Him.

No again.  He actually said “no ELOHIM”, not “no gods”.  Yet we know of many other elohim right?  So maybe, just maybe, NETNotes has it right and you need to accept it.  What else COULD it mean if we both KNOW there are other elohim?  ???

If my argument is “weak” then shoot it down.

Already done.  But I'll say it even clearer this time:  Just because the same word or quality is attributed to more than one being does not mean the two beings are the same being.

You've said this also about “Rock”.  You said “God is our rock, Jesus is the rock, therefore, Jesus is God”.  But Peter actually MEANS “rock”, and Jesus is the one who gave him that name. By your logic, Peter is also part of the “Godhead”.

Jack, Abraham is called “my Lord”, so is Jesus.  Is Abraham actually Jesus?  

This is why your argument here is “weak”.  Talk to princess for a while about the Sabbath and get back to me when you have something worthwhile, okay?  :)

I also “believe in Moses” and the account of the Exodus.  Is Moses God Almighty?  Can you say “reaching”?  :)

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hey Keith,

Where's MY “excellent”? :D

princess
    Participant

jack,

once again you will avoid the small issues and jump leaps and bounds to the larger, do not bring in the sabbath without understanding, for i know you have not studied nor partake in such matters, so your understanding is only from what your footnotes tell you.

truly to know what sabbath is, your understanding would be broaden. however, you cannot let truth be as it is, you must take every scripture and pull it to your belief, just to prove.

in all this time you are trying to prove jesus is god, you have forgotten the true message, preaching of the kingdom that is to come. to be so adamant about jesus, it seems you are letting his message pass through your hands, like sand.

truly to love him like state you do, you preach nothing other then trying to convince others jesus is god, for all the time you have on this earth, you will only place this on your mantle?

take care jack, i do hope to find you and your family blessed and highly favored.

thankful
    Participant

Yahshua is God in flesh he is, and he will come in flesh he will, and then all will mourn and will weep, all of those who have said in their hearts what they do. to say Yahshua is God is true, there is no lie in this, God is seen in many things and this one of Yahshua is in the flesh, to love Yahshua with the heart is to also love God who is his father, speak now of what you dont know, what is the greater sin ? to love too much the son of God or to love not enough ? we as people prefer to be loved more than to be loved less, so, who is Yahshua ? if you love the father then you love the son as well do you not ?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi thankful,

Welcome to h-net.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (thankful @ Jan. 23 2011,18:01)
    Yahshua is God in flesh he is, and he will come in flesh he will, and then all will mourn and will weep, all of those who have said in their hearts what they do. to say Yahshua is God is true, there is no lie in this, God is seen in many things and this one of Yahshua is in the flesh, to love Yahshua with the heart is to also love God who is his father, speak now of what you dont know, what is the greater sin ? to love too much the son of God or to love not enough ? we as people prefer to be loved more than to be loved less, so, who is Yahshua ? if you love the father then you love the son as well do you not ?

Yes Thankful, yes we do. Welcome to h-net. You will find people who agree with you on this, as I do. All authority has been given to Jesus. You will find ones who say to worship Yahshua is wrong, because he is not the Father literally. Hold your ground and speak as the spirit speaks to you. You are loved. Again, Welcome. Love-Mark

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (mikeangel @ Jan. 24 2011,09:49)
    You will find ones who say to worship Yahshua is wrong, because he is not the Father literally.

Yeah Thankful,

There are some of us here who still like to obey God's command and Jesus' teaching to worship and serve ONLY YHVH, our God. :)

peace and love,
    mike

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (thankful @ Jan. 23 2011,18:01)

Welcome Thankful.

You speak the words of life.

Roo

KangarooJack
    Participant

Thankful said:

what is the greater sin ? to love too much the son of God or to love not enough ?

YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD!

Jesus required that we deny ALL for Him. So we must love Him as much as we love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength.

This is the problem with the non-trinitarian view. It is subjective. It gives it to men to choose how much or how little they will love Christ.

Roo

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 24 2011,13:16)

Quote (mikeangel @ Jan. 24 2011,09:49)
    You will find ones who say to worship Yahshua is wrong, because he is not the Father literally.

Yeah Thankful,

There are some of us here who still like to obey God's command and Jesus' teaching to worship and serve ONLY YHVH, our God.  :)

peace and love,
    mike

Thankful,

Revelation 5 says that ALL creation worships Him who sits upon the throne AND the Lamb.

KJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Jan. 25 2011,06:04)
    Thankful,

Revelation 5 says that ALL creation worships Him who sits upon the throne AND the Lamb.

No…………it doesn't.  Nor does ANY scripture ANYWHERE indicate that Jesus is worshipped or should be worshipped by anyone.

Jack, our Lord clearly said, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’ “

And now he wants to know, “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?”

mike

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 24 2011,21:23)

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Jan. 25 2011,06:04)
    Thankful,

No…………it doesn't.  Nor does ANY scripture ANYWHERE indicate that Jesus is worshipped or should be worshipped by anyone.

Jack, our Lord clearly said, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’ “

And now he wants to know, “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?”

mike

Mike

Then why do you “serve Jesus” when Jesus said “serve him only“?

See how that is a two edged sword? We are to serve Jesus in no less capacity than the Father, and that is the greatest form of worship!

WJ

thankful
    Participant

nice to meet you all.  lets pray that Gods truth will be revealed.

God bless. shinar.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account