Attn anti-trinitarians: another us verse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 685 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 30 2009,10:27)
    Hi TC,
    So God became nothing?
    Not my God.

Nick,
    Then Jesus loved you more than your “God.”

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    If your God is only a man what hope do you have?

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Hey Nick: If you have seen and understood Jesus, you have seen and understood God! Bless you, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    Yes God visited His people in the vessel of His Son.
    As Jesus told Thomas in Jn 14 when he saw Jesus we also saw God.
    So Thomas remembered later and said when he met Jesus” My Lord AND my God”

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Hey Nick: Tell me something. Where is God? Where is God, not? Is God everywhere? When you say he comes and goes what do you mean? Is God in the Temple? Is God ruling from the Temple? Aren't you the Temple. Actually you are even if you are not aware or conscious of that fact. Bless you, TK

Nick,

What good is the death of Jesus if all he was was a man and a vessel? If it was not God willingly sacrificing himself to pay for the sins of his people, then what good was his death? All he was then was a good man who was forced to do a good work. You diminish Jesus.

TC27

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 01 2009,02:09)
    Nick,

What good is the death of Jesus if all he was was a man and a vessel? If it was not God willingly sacrificing himself to pay for the sins of his people, then what good was his death? All he was then was a good man who was forced to do a good work. You diminish Jesus.

TC27

TC27,
    I couldn't have said it better or even as good. The anti-trinitarians stress the obedience of Christ to the exclusion of His love for us. He gave Himself for us because He loved us. Paul said,

…the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me (Galatians 2;20)

To Nick and his anti-trinitarian allies Jesus went to the cross merely because He was forced.

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TC 27………..The wages of sin is death, GOD never sinned and He never died either, If GOD were to die all life would cease to exist. “For He upholds (ALL things) by the power of HIS might”. No my friend GOD never died. No where in scripture does it say He did die. It is amazing how man want to think GOD is like HIM and would come down and Himself die, Well if He did really die then who raised Him up from that death, was it himself , but if that were so then He could not have truly died right. Come out of Mystery religions and seek the truth , It was a (MAN) named Jesus the did truly DIE, and It was a GOD called the FATHER that raised HIM up FROM the GRAVE, making him the firstborn from the dead of all creation, Just like it says , so why try to change it, to meet a false and un-scriptural teaching. IMO

peace and love………………………….gene

Christian Biker
    Participant

Hi Gene

Titus 1:3,4
    …according to the commandment of God our Saviour;
    …the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour

I Guess if there is no trinity than we have 2 Saviours!

Quote (Gene @ June 30 2009,08:11)
    TC 27………..The wages of sin is death, GOD never sinned and He never died either, If GOD were to die all life would cease to exist. “For He upholds (ALL things) by the power of HIS might”. No my friend GOD never died. No where in scripture does it say He did die. It is amazing how man want to think GOD is like HIM and would come down and Himself die, Well if He did really die then who raised Him up from that death, was it himself , but if that were so then He could not have truly died right. Come out of Mystery religions and seek the truth , It was a (MAN) named Jesus the did truly DIE, and It was a GOD called the FATHER that raised HIM up FROM the GRAVE, making him the firstborn from the dead of all creation, Just like it says , so why try to change it, to meet a false and un-scriptural teaching. IMO

Gene,

GOD did die. He died as Jesus Christ. Jesus was raised by the Father. God can do anything he wants to and if that means raising himself from the dead, who are you to say he cannot? You limit God to a human standard. A human cannot raise himself, but God can. Deal with it.

TC27

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Christian Biker @ July 01 2009,04:24)
    Hi Gene

CB,
    Bang zoom boom! You got it right bro!

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ July 01 2009,04:11)

Gene,
    WJ and I have been over this a zillion times here. Jesus said that He would raise Himself up from the dead (John 2:19-21). He likened His death and resurrection to Jonah being in the belly of the whale. Jonah was in the whale ALIVE. So Jesus went down to hades ALIVE.

Furthermore, Hebrews 1 says that it is Christ who holds all things together. So by your own logic the universe should have fallen apart when He died.

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Christian Biker @ July 01 2009,04:24)
    Hi Gene

It must be more than that because Moses “delivered” the Israelites out of Egypt and so did “God”.

First notice that God is the deliverer i.e. Saviour

1 I will love You, O LORD, my strength.
    2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
    My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
    My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
    3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised;
    So shall I be saved from my enemies.

now notice that God will raise up a deliverer

Judges 3:9-10 (New King James Version)
    9 When the children of Israel cried out to the LORD, the LORD raised up a deliverer for the children of Israel, who delivered them: Othniel the son of Kenaz, Caleb’s younger brother. 10 The Spirit of the LORD came upon him, and he judged Israel.

Judges 3:15-16 (New King James Version)
    15 But when the children of Israel cried out to the LORD, the LORD raised up a deliverer for them: Ehud the son of Gera, the Benjamite, a left-handed man.

so so far we have Othniel and Ehud as deliverers beside Moses but wait let me show you this:

Nehemiah 9:26-28 (New King James Version)

26 “ Nevertheless they were disobedient
    And rebelled against You,
    Cast Your law behind their backs
    And killed Your prophets, who testified against them
    To turn them to Yourself;
    And they worked great provocations.

27 Therefore You delivered them into the hand of their enemies,
    Who oppressed them;
    And in the time of their trouble,
    When they cried to You,
    You heard from heaven;
    And according to Your abundant mercies
    You gave them deliverers who saved them
    From the hand of their enemies.

Now it says that God sned them deliverers meaning he send them all the time to help those who cry out to Him but heres the kicker:

The very next verse says

28 “But after they had rest,
    They again did evil before You.
    Therefore You left them in the hand of their enemies,
    So that they had dominion over them;
    Yet when they returned and cried out to You,
    You heard from heaven;
    And many times You delivered them according to Your mercies,

The Scripture says it was God that delivered them.

The One who sends is the deliverer as well as the one whom was sent. However the One who sends is greater because the one sent is acting on the authority of the sender.

oh and by the way Jesus is one of those deliverers

Romans 11:26-27 (New King James Version)

26 And so all Israel will be saved,[a] as it is written:

“ The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
    And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
    27 For this is My covenant with them,
    When I take away their sins.”

I hope this helps you Grow in God. When you know someone has shown you something according to the will of God harden not your heart.

By the way I know how Satan tries to delude the truth so I realize that the word “deliverer” migh be dismissed as not being the same as Saviour because you will simply say that Jesus is the only one called “Saviour” but wait:

2 Samuel 22:2-4 (King James Version)

2And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;

3The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.

Here you see that God is called deliverer and Saviour
    Now read:

2 Kings 13 (King James Version)

5(And the LORD gave Israel a saviour, so that they went out from under the hand of the Syrians: and the children of Israel dwelt in their tents, as beforetime.

Who was that saviour? couldn't be Jesus

Isaiah 19:20 (King James Version)

20And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the LORD because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.

There is God sending another saviour, Now read by the Might of your lord read and see the truth:

Obadiah 1:21 (King James Version)

21 And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD's.

Now there are Saviours many that God sends not just one but many but READ with the Holy Spirit of God guiding you Read:

Luke 2
    11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Notice it says “a” saviour because there are many but then read and understand:

Hosea 13:4 (King James Version)

4 Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Isaiah 45:21-22 (King James Version)

21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Now finally God says something quite astonishing

Isaiah 43:10-12 (King James Version)

10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Now for those who claim as thinker does that Jesus became a god after being exhalted equal to God Our Creator/Father let this be proved to you that it is a lie. God clearly says that there was no God formed before Him nor will there be after Him and all though I have shown you through the scriptures that God calls many of his servants saviours God makes it clear that He is the actual Saviour and there is no one else that can save but Him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    And of course God saves through His Son, the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.
    You need to enter the kingdom through that door.

Nick and bod,

What about Genesis 1:26 where it says:

“And God said, 'Let us make man in our image, after our likeness…'”

Why would God say that if he was not more than one person? He certainly was not referring to anything else when he said “us” or “our” because we were not made in the image of angels, and this is creation, so it isn't like there are a whole lot of things “us” and “our” could mean.

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Is that your foundation for teaching what Jesus never taught?
    A misunderstanding of a verse in Genesis?
    Is that enough?

Nick,

To say that this is the only verse I base my beliefs upon is an insult to me seeing as I have given more verses to support my point than you have to support yours. You need to tell me HOW I misinterpret this verse or I cannot accept that you give me a valid argument.

TC27

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 01 2009,07:34)
    Nick and bod,

Why would God say that if he was not more than one person? He certainly was not referring to anything else when he said “us” or “our” because we were not made in the image of angels, and this is creation, so it isn't like there are a whole lot of things “us” and “our” could mean.

TC27

I have answered that question many times and in many ways but I believe that God is going to bless me with a better answer so I'm going to sign off for now and meditate on the words of The Lord God and I will write something to that later on today(God Willing)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Either way trinity is not found in the mouth of any of the divinely anointed teachers in the bible.
    So by whose authority do you teach it?

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 30 2009,11:47)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 01 2009,07:34)
    Nick and bod,

TC27

I have answered that question many times and in many ways but I believe that God is going to bless me with a better answer so I'm going to sign off for now and meditate on the words of The Lord God and I will write something to that later on today(God Willing)

Bod,

If it takes long hours of thinking and meditation how can it hardly be truth? Truth isn't that hard to see.

TC27

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 685 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account