Attention wj

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 205 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

I DID answer yours.  I said “NO”, and then explained “…..not literally”.

What more do you want?

NOW ANSWER MINE before I'm forced to “Final Showdown” your butt. :)

mike

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 02 2011,12:34)
    I DID answer yours.  I said “NO”, and then explained “…..not literally”.

What more do you want?

NOW ANSWER MINE before I'm forced to “Final Showdown” your butt.  :)

mike

OK Mike

Here goes…

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 02 2011,12:07)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 01 2011,14:52)

But you left out verse 4…

So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that an idol is nothing at all in the world and that “THERE IS NO GOD BUT ONE”.

So I did…………here, let me adjust for that verse:

4About wearing shirts supporting others who are thought to be able to throw a good pass:  We know that they are nothing at all in the world and that there is no quarterback but one.  5For though there be that are called quarterbacks, whether in the NFC or in the AFC, (as there be quarterbacks many, and wide receivers many,)

6But to us in Arizona, there is but one Quarterback, Kurt Warner, and one wide receiver, Larry Fitzgerald.

Now, let's deal with the part of the scripture that YOU consistently avoid:

Are you kidding me? If you are intellectually honest you would word verse 4 as…

“There is “NO QUARTERBACK BUT ONE” meaning there are no other quarterbacks to us, period. That means that we have no other gods because we only have one True God and all others are not gods at all since there is “Only One”.

……yet for us, there is but one God, THE FATHER……

No Mike, for you there are more than “One God”. Remember your own words…

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 06 2011,17:00)
    And I don't know of a scripture that calls Jesus “the true god” (changed to [a] true god), but I agree that he is.

Here…

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 05 2011,18:35)
    Jesus is the god, or “powerful ruler” of all in heaven right now, and of the believer's on earth.

Here…

Keith, this will be my first question to you in the “Final Showdown” category if you don't answer it DIRECTLY and HONESTLY right now:

Keith, does Paul say our “one God” is Jesus, or any combination of Jesus and others?  YES or NO?

Yes!

Now, you seem to think that these gods Paul mentions refer only to idols because of verse 4.  So, question #2:

Keith, do you suppose there exist idols in heaven?

Yes.

I answered your questions without disclaimers like (but not litterally) like you have done. Do you see how that should work?

WJ

Mike said to Keith:

Keith, this will be my first question to you in the “Final Showdown” category if you don't answer it DIRECTLY and HONESTLY right now:

Keith, does Paul say our “one God” is Jesus, or any combination of Jesus and others?  YES or NO?

Keith replied:

Yes!

Uh oh Keith. Mike said you had to answer “honestly” which means you should have answered “No.” So if his daddy t8 gives him what he wants you'll get tiled.

Jack

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ April 02 2011,17:10)
    Mike said to Keith:

Keith replied:

Yes!

Uh oh Keith. Mike said you had to answer “honestly” which means you should have answered “No.” So if his daddy t8 gives him what he wants you'll get tiled.

Jack

Jack

I don't care, because I answered honestly. Until Mike can tell me that 1 Cor 8:6 is saying the Father is not Lord also then it is obvious that Paul is not saying that the Father is God to the exclusion of Jesus.

1 Cor 8:6 is clear that Paul is saying Jesus and the Father are both Lord and God.

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ April 02 2011,16:10)

My heart cries for you both.  I feel sorry for you that Satan has such a hold over you.  Here we can see that Jack knows Keith is lying, but instead of rebuking his brother, he makes an insult to me and t8 and laughs about Keith's dishonesty.

But that's Trinitarians for you.  They've been lying and doctoring God's Written Word for centuries.  And they apparently think that's funny, or something to be joked about.

How truly sad you both are.

mike

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ April 03 2011,09:10)

Jack

You are being paranoid KJ.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I don't think it should be “paranoia” t8.  I think it should be a very real threat:  ANSWER HONESTLY AND DIRECTLY, OR GET A TILE.

There are only two things that could possibly happen from a rule like this:
    1.  People will start answering honestly and directly to avoid tiles.
    2.  People who are afraid to answer honestly and directly will either leave the site or be tiled off of it.

Either way is a win, because if we aren't required to give honest and direct answers, then what's the point of any of us being here?  To learn lies?  To learn how to avoid answering questions truthfully? To learn how to flood and divert the discussion?  If that's the case, then I'll be the first to leave.  Because I came here to discuss the TRUTH with people who might disagree with me, but are also honest enough to answer my questions truthfully.

mike

Baker
    Participant

WJ  Jesus is not Almighty God.  And Jesus is not LORD, but Lord/  Through out the Old Testament, you will find that Jehovah God is LORD>  While Jesus in the new Testament is Lord, in all small letters.

1Cr 8:6   But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him.  

This shows you that God the Father, He is ONE GOD, THE GOD, or Almighty God.  
    When are you going to give it up, there is no other God, but Jehovah God who is above all.  Scripture in Ephesian 4:6 says so.  

And by Jesus own word He said in

Jhn 14:28   Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: FOR MY FATHER IS GREATER THEN I.

Why don't you believe Jesus?  It is not my saying, it is not mike saying, it is not t8 saying, it is JESUS our SAVIOR< OUR Lord……Learn from Jesus……. He is always right…..

Peace and Love Irene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 03 2011,14:22)
    I don't think it should be “paranoia” t8.  I think it should be a very real threat:  ANSWER HONESTLY AND DIRECTLY, OR GET A TILE.

There are only two things that could possibly happen from a rule like this:
    1.  People will start answering honestly and directly to avoid tiles.
    2.  People who are afraid to answer honestly and directly will either leave the site or be tiled off of it.

Either way is a win, because if we aren't required to give honest and direct answers, then what's the point of any of us being here?  To learn lies?  To learn how to avoid answering questions truthfully?  To learn how to flood and divert the discussion?  If that's the case, then I'll be the first to leave.  Because I came here to discuss the TRUTH with people who might disagree with me, but are also honest enough to answer my questions truthfully.

mike

Agreed.

We want to up the caliber of posts and this would cull those who are not that honest by dodging questions and not being able to give an answer as to what and why they believe as they do. The latter is probably OK if they do not teach as we are entitled to opinions that have no scriptural proof. But teaching such is wrong and can lead others astray.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

My point exactly.  Be able to scripturally defend what you teach.  If you can't, then you are a false teacher, and why should YOU give false teachers a platform from which to spread lies?

Anyway, that's just my two cents.  I've posted the first “Final Showdown” question in the Hot Seat to Keith.  And I've posted a poll to see if others think he answered my “a god” question honestly.

We'll see if either of them spark any interest.  We should all be held accountable for our claims – plain and simple.

mike

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 02 2011,19:49)

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ April 02 2011,16:10)

My heart cries for you both.  I feel sorry for you that Satan has such a hold over you.  Here we can see that Jack knows Keith is lying, but instead of rebuking his brother, he makes an insult to me and t8 and laughs about Keith's dishonesty.

But that's Trinitarians for you.  They've been lying and doctoring God's Written Word for centuries.  And they apparently think that's funny, or something to be joked about.

How truly sad you both are.

mike

Mike

You owe me an appology for saying I am lying just because I disagree with your interpretation of the verse.

Answer this quesiton Mike since you refuse to answer my other questions…

Is Jesus the “Only Lord” spoken of in 1 Cor 8:6?

Is the Father the “Only god” spoken of in 1 Cor 8:6?

WJ

Baker
    Participant

WJ

1Cr 8:6   But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him.  

One God the Father, who is above all (Eph. 4:6) and The Lord Jesus Christ….Lord in small letters, not LORD Almighty God,….I answer that question gladly…..

Scripture copied and pasted from the blue letter Bible of KJ on the Internet…

Peace and Love Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 04 2011,09:16)
    Mike

You owe me an appology for saying I am lying just because I disagree with your interpretation of the verse.

There are many scriptures that are a matter of “interpretation”.  This is not one of them, as even Jack confirmed by his response to your answer.

This scripture does NOT say “one God and Lord, the Father and Jesus”.  This scriptures lists only ONE as “God”, and another as “Lord”.  You can't possibly “interpret” this to say what you're claiming.  You can nonsensically claim that it MEANS that, but that is not the question I asked you.  I asked you if this scripture lists Jesus as “God”.  It clearly does NOT list Jesus as “God”, but lists him as “Lord”.  And in listing him as “Lord”, it clearly lists him as SOMEONE OTHER THAN the “God” listed previously, who is none other than the Father.  Much like “Jesus is Lord, to the glory of God the Father”.  See?  TWO listed, and only one of them is listed as “God”.

mike

Mike

Whatever you think you are doing is immoral and IMO is nothing but gangster mentality.

You try and force others to agree with you and when they don't then they are lying or misleading or dishonest.

To show your hypocrosy is that when I point out to you that scholars say Jesus is God or the word God (theos) definition means the Father, Son and Holy Ghost for example, then you can say that is foolish but if I disagree with a couple of your sources and give you evidence that other scholars could not possibly agree with them, then to you I am dishonest.

Get real Mike. Look at your poll, 62% say I was honest.

You cannot prove Paul is not including Jesus in 1 Cor 8:6 as the one God since it is Paul that actually said satan is the god of this world then he must have believed Jesus is God and proof is in the scriptures like Heb 1:3 – Heb 1:10 – Titus 2:13, 14 – Phil 2:4-6. And we know the original didn't have caps.

The problem you have MIke is he says in the same breath we also have “One Lord” and that is Jesus. So if Jesus and the Father is that “One Lord” then they are that “One God” and that is the way I believe Paul saw thier relationship.

So until you can prove to me that Jesus is Lord and the Father is not then how can you prove that the Father is God and Jesus is not especially since Jesus is called God in many places including Thomas calling Jesus his Lord and God.

Once again the verse does not prove your assumption.

Your doctrine is from the pit of hell because it undermines who and what Jesus is by making him less than the Fathers very own being and the scriptures tell us he is equal.

WJ

WJ said:

Until Mike can tell me that 1 Cor 8:6 is saying the Father is not Lord also then it is obvious that Paul is not saying that the Father is God to the exclusion of Jesus.

Keith,

Exactly! The distinction in 1 Corinthians 8:6 is one of function and nothing more. The fact that it cannot be inferred that the Father is not Lord proves it.

Jack

WJ said:

Whatever you think you are doing is immoral and IMO is nothing but gangster mentality.

You try and force others to agree with you and when they don't then they are lying or misleading or dishonest.

Keith,

Right again. It is obvious that Mike is just being obvious a bully. Mike is probably bald and only 5' 5'' and wears ladies undies.

He needs to get over himself.

Mike,

Just post your freakin arguments and let reading audience decide who has the better case. They're not stupid. We are here impart information to them and not to serve you.

Jack

Proclaimer
    Participant

I think Mike is only trying to get people to answer honestly.
    If people were more honest, then perhaps Mike would not have to try and squeeze out honest answers from others.

Quote (t8 @ April 05 2011,18:40)
    I think Mike is only trying to get people to answer honestly.
    If people were more honest, then perhaps Mike would not have to try and squeeze out honest answers from others.

Hi t8

Well he should practice what he preaches. You see those big bolded questions in my post above.

I have asked Mike for an answer severall times.

WJ

Proclaimer
    Participant

WJ.

I seem to remember recently reading a post from Mike that answered your first question.

It had an explanation containing info explaining the difference with YHWH/LORD and lord (kurios).

Did you read that?

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 205 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account