Arius

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    When a subject comes up that there is a thread on I sometimes bring it up to prevent diversion and to expand our mutual understanding on that subject too.

NickHassan
    Participant

For GM

gollamudi
    Participant

Most of the members are orient towards this belief IMO.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Have you read the thread?
    You should as you will find marked differences here from his doctrine.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ May 04 2005,00:20)
    I thought this discussion may prove to be useful.

I have heard conflicting evidence regarding the so-called Arians. It appears to me that they were in conflict with the Trinitarians over Jesus Christ and his relationship to God.

I know that Arius and Athanasius were in opposition regarding their teachings. They both came from Alexandria in Egypt. Athanasius was the main proponent of the Trinity doctrine and Constantine the Emperor favoured Athanasius's doctrine (after swaying some what). Constantine apparently ordered all of Arius writings to be burned or face death. It also appears over time that Arius fell into favour  (but was killed before receiving an honour of some kind) and Athanasius (perhaps the Father of the Trinity doctrine) was banished to an outer province of the Roman Empire. I have also heard the following regarding Arius:

• That he believed that Jesus was just a man who was exhalted to become the son of God. Or
  • that he believed that Jesus was the son of God and that he was begotten of God. That Jesus was even divine, i.e., that he had the nature of God, but was not God himself.

Of course both points are in conflict. But whatever the truth is, I think it will be a journey of discovery.

It could be that Athanasius and Arius represent the maturity of 2 sides of a deception that Origen mentions that was starting to appear in his time. I can quote Origen later in this discussion. Or could it be that Arius was indeed a true teacher and was persecuted and killed as many from God are.

I do not know, but it would be interested in finding out the truth regarding this.

• Please see the first post of our brother T8, does the set of beliefs match with many here who say that Jesus had beginning before the foundations of the world, created or begotten God so on and soforth ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    I am sure we could say that some of your beliefs are similar in some ways to mormonism, unitarianism and the JWs. So what?

gollamudi
    Participant

No I follow Jewish Monotheism of the Bible.
    Same thing I asked, you only got offended sorry for that I don't want any arguement on that.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Fear of being trapped into denominational ideology should not be a factor on this site.
    We favour no religion here but encourage honest free scripture study.

gollamudi
    Participant

I am not fearful, basically I was a Trinitarian I have already confessed that before all. I still give full marks to Trinity than Arianism which complicated the understanding of Jesus and God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    So please tell us how the trinity falsehoods are more palatable than those of Arius?

gollamudi
    Participant

More additions to scriptures by saying Jesus was preexisting prior to his birth on this earth for which no record in the whole O.T. even Trinitarian does not say that.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    What words have we added to scripture?
    I think you prefer the familiar comfort of the endangered one that you were told to come out of perhaps?

gollamudi
    Participant

So finally you have agreed where from your beliefs originate thanks for that.
    “Son never was mentioned as spoken or was doing something prior to his birth but you say he had a beginning before the foundations of the world as some spirit being or angel, gave up his spirit nature and entered Mary to become human…. so on and soforth.. are these not assumtions and additions to scriptures?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    I find the teachings of Arius to be lacking. Do you?

gollamudi
    Participant

Certainly all human beings lack many things. They are not perfect, only Our Heavenly Father is perfect as Jesus rightly told. Why not we depend on Him rather than human beings?

NickHassan
    Participant

Good idea

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all…..we should all ask God to Show us and teach us His word, remember Jesus said ask and we will recieve, seek and we will find, Knock and it shall be opened unto us. Jesus said we would all be taught by GOD. Spiritual things take the Spirit to understand, because they are spiritually given. Thats why there is so much confusion about the words of GOD they must be spiritually discerned . IMO

peace and love to all…………….gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Thanks for such comforting words my brother Gene.

NickHassan
    Participant

For CON who claims to be Arian.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 10 2009,00:55)
    For CON who claims to be Arian.

He is most likely mistaken.  Arius believed in the preexistence of Jesus though he also believed Jesus was created.  Your beliefs are probably closer to Arius' that Constitutionalists are.  He should look to the Jewish Christians.

From what I have heard Constantine actually liked Arius but pandered to his opponents.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account